Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon system requirements

Kxevineth

Was there any info on system requirements changes coming with Plains of Eidolon at any point?

I currently somehow manage to get 30 FPS on almost the lowest settings (I think there are one or two minor things I have set to a bit higher than minimum). I'm honestly worried I might not be able to play after PoE update comes out. I heard a thing in the TennoCon video about changes coming to graphics, but didn't catch anything more than increased draw distance. Was it specified anywhere what's gonna change and how it's gonna affect performance on lowest settings? Should we expect any changes in the old, randomly-generated-corridor missions as well? Any info on that?

It's almost certain that as the game evolves, it's system requirements will also increase. I am sure it used to run faster in the past as it did now. The game does move towards more beautiful and unique maps and graphics, and not always the minimum setting can be adjusted enough to nullify the new stuff.

Basically, in time, the need for upgrading from a potato will become inevitable.

Someone asked about a low end PC with Intel HD graphics and Steve said it would be fine. Probably have to use the detail options, but he sounded confident it would run. Granted, this is a low end PC from 2014 though. Not sure how that equates if we're talking older and low end.

Edited by Ceryk

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2017 at 9:27 AM, TennoPain said:

Thing im afraid is : i already lag heavy on earth and future is dark for me i guess shame i cant afford pc atp but i hope for  the best i guess ill have to secrifise a lot of options and im sad.

exactly, i alrady have some lag on my laptop while playing on earth or going in a crowded area... i think of the worst about this update

• 2 months later...
On 17-7-2017 at 12:34 AM, lightdragon64 said:

my guess is that it will be either

A: the exact same as now

or

B: they will update us with requirements shortly before the update (however i'm still sure A will be most likely)

I can't even @(*()$ enter it.

Hi guys, I am playing Plains of Eidolon on a low end computer (Intel Family graphics core and only 4gb of RAM) It's a Dell Pentium. I have run many games low end and I can say Warframe has been my favorite in they know not everyone can afford or wants a high end computer. 

PoE has been running fairly well, I do encounter the same laggy start as any major update in the past (The new UI way back when, the new maps and enemies, Archwing, relays, Second Dream, TWW and now PoE) and I can say give them time to iron it out. They always have tried their best to smooth it out and tone it down for low end but it takes trial and error and may take a while since this is a big update!

Some tips! Make sure you have the launcher ser to the correct one, lower the better. Window mode with a small screen, less stress on graphics, make sure it's prioritized, that nothing is chewing up your connection and applications, and please make sure you keep your PC updated and clean. You'd be surprised to find how much better it does. 

I have made games like Unity, Fallout 4 and even Far Cry 4 run on this computer (Fallout 4 was a hard one to get going because of texture issues that just wouldn't work well with the standard family chip, I switched to PS4 to have a better experience and Far Cry would lag really bad with explosions but I made it work and I was proud even during through lag and texture errors lol). 

I even play Overwatch on this PC and boy I'll tell ya, it runs like a charm but say bye bye to pretty graphics. 

Connection is very important. Good WiFi = Good game play with mmo games. 

So far PoE has been great despite lag. The market is where it lags the most, I usually give it a minute to load. The combat out in Eidolon also lags but it could be worse. I'm waiting for some more hotfixes and patches and have faith that they will try their best as they have done. 

I experience some FPS drops from time to time. Sometimes it even freezes for a second or two. I'm only playing solo for now, have to try how it will work with a friend being the host.

What kills me though is the amount of time the game needs for transition between Cetus and Plains. Can take a few minutes. I'd love it if we could finish a bounty and take another one without visiting the city just to do that. Seems kinda pointless.