Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High Enough Mastery Rank?

Fizzik

Question

Hey guys, had a quick question. With Open World coming out soon, is MR13 high enough? I stopped farming Mastery at rank 13 because there was no real reason to besides to be flashy, will it continue being this way or do I need to go higher?

11 answers to this question

What Steve said in an interview you can get there within an hour as a new player. Only limitations like being able to traverse with an archwing is limited to having done the quest. To fight the eidolons, you need to complete the War Within, which has a requirement of completing Second Dream, with the requirement of being mastery rank 5.

As far as I'm aware, no other details were given, but having some content locked until you complete those quests to incentivize playing them to get more out of the open landscape.

Daily syndicate standing, daily trade limit, void trace capacity, loadout slots, weapons (as they continue adding caps - euphona prime is 14 I think)

Regardless of what one thing needs right now, it's likely it will continue to change over time.

Since now there is absolutely no one who know the answer except DE themselves, so my advice is slowly get up the MR as you play the game, there are more benefits than... seems no negative for having higher MR.

Benefits for MR are higher sindicate standing daily caps, higher void traces cap, more free loadout slots and more free energy for weapons. Keep in mind that we now have rivens that can have up to MR 16 lock and DE might give us even more high MR content. I would say MR 16 is the cap that unlocks everything right now but that might chance by the end of the year or early winter since we will get semi-open world map and a new cinematic quest about Umbra.

The best explanation for Mastery Rank I've heard is that it doesn't matter until it does. Right now, Mastery Rank 13 is the highest you need to use the items you want. You don't work up your Mastery Rank, but you have no problems playing the game.

Now, somewhere down the line, DE releases something that requires, say, Mastery Rank 19, and you really, really want it. Unfortunately, because you didn't work your Mastery Rank up earlier, you now have to gain 6 ranks before you can even consider working to get that item you want. That's a lot more work.

Overall, even if there's nothing that requires higher Mastery Rank that you want, I'd rank up items you have access to. That way, when something comes out that requires higher Mastery Rank, you're already there and can jump right in. Otherwise, you're looking at a lot of work down the line when something you want comes out.

There is no such thing as "high enough" until we have capped at 30. -_-
Speaking of which, has someone gone through and verified that you can reach 24 without vaulted/unobtainable weapons?

I have most of the vaulted Prime stuff but there are a few weapons from the market that I don't have and a few others from the Dojo I don't have.
Even looking at those it doesn't seem like I'll have enough to hit 24. :(

Also, no Excalibur Prime and its weapons. :(

11 hours ago, LeParadigm said:

there was no real reason to besides to be flashy

Flashy?  I have no idea what you mean.

You should always be leveling something.  It's just as easy to level something while playing as it is not leveling.

You never know when DE is going to release something that requires a higher MR.

Play how you want to play. I like to grind MR as want to own and level up every single weapon. Most things will unlock by MR14 so beyond that is just a personal preference. Trade chat, invasions, void relics, boss grinding, baro ki teer, assassin death marks, vault runs, all types of missions. You get to experience the game a lot if you grind MR and everything has an objective. Also you get to have a wide variety of arsenal and not limited to only meta weapons. I hated spy missions until I started grinding for Ivara (still am). Now spy missions are fun as I got used to them. 

I like to change weapons a lot. For example I wouldn't have realized how powerful Pox was in stripping armour that I started using it as a secondary for grineer defense sorties