Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open ended relic missions give an enhanced relic away every fifth one opened. Don't leave after four.

Troll_Logic

Question

If you're playing an open ended relic mission like defense or survival, every fifth opened relic reward bonus is a free enhanced relic.

So it's like this (assuming opening a relic each wave)

Wave 1 25% affinity bonus

Wave 2 25% credit bonus

Wave 3 25% Resource bonus

Wave 4 25% Resource drop bonus

Wave 5 An exceptional relic + the reward

Waves 6-10 kick the bonuses up to 50% and the free relic is flawless

Waves 11-15 kick the bonuses up to 75% and the free relic is radiant

So if you're playing and you stay to wave 4, stay to wave 5.

If you're playing and you stay to wave 9, stay to wave 10.

And so on.

Again this is with opened relics, so if you don't open a relic on wave 4, you would get the free relic on wave 6.  This is another reason to make sure you open the relic every wave so the team stays on the same bonus plan.

20 answers to this question

Or just don't go into endless missions if you're gonna leave when there's no benefit to the "endless" part. 

Stay at least an hour, or 60 waves, or 12 rounds... Go do exterminates or something if you don't actually like endless.

yes because i need more relics cluttering up the stock pile of relics i already have to pick from for each tier... bad enough relics that get vaulted turn into even more relics for the items on them that were not vaulted to clutter everything up even more... so much fun having different quality of the same relics on top of all the now old relics that dont drop...   40+ relics to go through in a 10s window on endless runs..  lost count the number of times people rage in chat/voice or just rage quit the mission because they could find and select the relic they wanted to run or get forced into selecting a relic they didn't want to run just to have a relic for a chance at someone relic (for radiant group) and then they look like a #$&(% for not having picked the agreed upon relic

edit....    wow really a feminine hygiene product used a a description cant get passed the forum censor nazi ai.... the easiliy offended snowflake world we live in these days... and for a M rated game to boot... should be no kiddies here to begin with

Edited by (PS4)Whattamattu

Exceptional and Flawless relics are very annoying, because they can't be refined and take some space in the relics screen, which is crowded enough.

More than that, they are never a good choice when compared to either Intact (for common) or Radiant (for uncommon and rare).

That's why I'm avoiding them.

Ad that's why I'm asking for removing them.

29 minutes ago, Lluid said:

Exceptional and Flawless relics are very annoying, because they can't be refined and take some space in the relics screen, which is crowded enough.

More than that, they are never a good choice when compared to either Intact (for common) or Radiant (for uncommon and rare).

That's why I'm avoiding them.

Ad that's why I'm asking for removing them.

I'd rather they allow us to upgrade them for less traces than it takes to go from Intact to Radiant.

ETA: Enough traces that it makes up the difference.  They could even make it slightly more than the difference if they want.  It just shouldn't cost 100 traces to upgrade from Exceptional or Flawless to Radiant.

Edited by (XB1)R3d P01nt

Just now, Troll_Logic said:

They're free.

Not really ! You spend some time and one more relic to get them. Also, the first "free" relic corresponds to rotation A, which isn't very interesting in the case of, say, an interception fissure where you want to get Axi relics. :)

3 hours ago, Lluid said:

Not really ! You spend some time and one more relic to get them.

You spend some time, but you'll do that anyway.  You get your reward PLUS the free relic.  That's free.

Lets say you do 20 waves of interception and open a relic each time.  You'll get 20 rewards PLUS a 4 enhanced relics.  

Let's say you do 20 waves of interception in 5 games of 4 waves each.  You're staying in the game the same amount of time but only getting 20 rewards.

How is that not free?

3 hours ago, Lluid said:

Also, the first "free" relic corresponds to rotation A, which isn't very interesting in the case of, say, an interception fissure where you want to get Axi relics. :)

And?  IT'S FREE.  You'll get your relics AND free enhanced relics.

No idea how you think this is anything but awesome.

Would be nice if we had a way to refine relics on the screen we select them from.  I don't like refining a whole stack of relics before doing an endless, because I might just end up getting what I want with the first, and will have wasted a lot of traces, so instead I only run for 5 waves, quit, then refine another and start again if I need to.

Edited by polarity

2 hours ago, polarity said:

Would be nice if we had a way to refine relics on the screen we select them from.  I don't like refining a whole stack of relics before doing an endless, because I might just end up getting what I want with the first, and will have wasted a lot of traces, so instead I only run for 5 waves, quit, then refine another and start again if I need to.

Why not simply run Exterminate or one of the other non-endless mission types?  This is what never makes sense to me.

On topic : I'm happy enough to have a group stay for 20.  I don't care about getting an "extra" relic at 25 when the mission has already provided 1-4 of them that I can upgrade to Radiant.

Is this a PSA? 

If it's a PSA I appreciate it, but I'm sure most people on the forums already understand that there is a wiki, and this information is old. 

Now if we could get the people who don't go on the forums to understand... Or if DE would've like to put any of this information is the USELESS CODEX that would be nice. 

18 hours ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

On topic : I'm happy enough to have a group stay for 20.  I don't care about getting an "extra" relic at 25 when the mission has already provided 1-4 of them that I can upgrade to Radiant.

So you're happy to receive 1-4 of them in 20 minutes but not 2-6 for an extra five minutes?

Ummmm.  Ok.  Sure.

18 hours ago, (PS4)theelix said:

Is this a PSA? 

Many people don't know and this is "Players helping Players."

18 hours ago, (PS4)theelix said:

If it's a PSA I appreciate it, but I'm sure most people on the forums already understand that there is a wiki, and this information is old. 

You would be surprised.  The free relic isn't obvious and most people don't notice.

1 minute ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

The key bit of that you ignored was the bit about being able to upgrade them as opposed to being given one of the lowest upgrade levels.

Nope.  Who cares?  IT'S FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

FREEEEEEEEEE.

FREE.

You may get another relic on that wave that you can upgrade.  So that means you get TWO relics.

It's FREE.

And if you go another 5 waves, you'll get another FREE relic.  This time, it'll be flawless.  Again, FREE.

If you go another 5 waves, then you'll get your FREE RADIANT relic.

Do you use nothing but radiant relics in your missions?  Every single one.  Because if you do, then you rarely run relic missions.  And if you don't, then not haiving 100% radiant relics don't matter.

Again, FREE.  There is absolutely no downside to FREE relics.  None.