The Remote Observer: Vol. 9

[DE]Taylor

RemoteObserver_V9_News.jpg

While we were all fawning over TennoCon 2017's reveals, the Remote Observer remained ever-vigilant. It's Friday, which means it is time yet again for our round-up of update note highlights!

Get a look at what changed in-game over the past 2 weeks, including the new Captura and Simulacrum features, Opticor changes, and more in Volume 9: http://bit.ly/remoteobserver9

===========

Is there something that doesn't seem to work the way its intended? Let us know below and include links to your own threads if you got 'em. We are also always looking for potential QOL changes from UI upgrades to mechanic tweaks. Be sure to share them in a comment - even if it's a question about intent!

Couple of small questions first:

First:

Can you clarify patch note bellow, since it is worded very ambiguously? I mean I've owned a Snipetron Riven from back when there where only rifle Rivens. So are you saying Snipetron Rivens got removed from drop tables at some point and they are now back?

Chains of Harrow: Hotfix 21.0.8.1

Snipetron Rivens are now an option for Rifle Rivens! 

Second:

The Riven disposition of Pyrana Rivens was lowered from 5 to 4 fairly recently (I suspect this happened with update 21), however this was never mentioned in any patch notes as far as I can tell. So was this an intended change or something that happened by accident?

5 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

We are also always looking for potential QOL changes from UI upgrades to mechanic tweaks.

If you could add many of the missing weapon stats to arsenal that would be huge QoL improvement to a lot of players I think.

This is the most obvious one:

On 6/29/2017 at 6:00 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Melee range weapon stats in the Arsenal are still being worked on - soon!

Other stats that would be nice to have in the arsenal (so we actually could see how adding mods that affect said stats modifies the values) are:

1. Maximum Ammo (primaries and secondaries).
  2. Status Duration (all weapons).
  3. Ammo Type such as rifle, sniper or shotgun (all weapons using ammo).
  4. Projectile Flight Speed (for eligible weapons).
  5. Range (for Beam weapons).
  6. Blast Radius (for AoE weapons).
  7. Amount of Bounces (for thrown melee weapons and Deconstructor).
  8. What having +X% of life steal actually means as in what is the actual amount said percentage gives health. (melee + Furis).

Couple of other QoL additions that would be greatly appreciated are:

1. Being able to see how much damage a weapon does (against a faction), when adding damage mod against specific faction (such as Bane of Grineer).
  2. Being able to use some kind of toggle to see the how much a mod like Argon Scope actually increases stats when the mod effect is on.

13 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

We are also always looking for potential QOL changes from UI upgrades to mechanic tweaks. Be sure to share them in a comment - even if it's a question about intent!

Small QOL suggestion :

- Add a "fill all" button for ayatan sculptures... the animation on each individual star is cute and all but after 10+ sculpture of each kind it gets a little old... and it takes a little long especially if you have many sculptures to fill with stars....

Edited by CroqueMortTime

16 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Is there something that doesn't seem to work the way its intended? Let us know below and include links to your own threads if you got 'em. We are also always looking for potential QOL changes from UI upgrades to mechanic tweaks. Be sure to share them in a comment - even if it's a question about intent!

The opticor AOE deals magnetic damage for some reason as base damage (is that intended? if so why? the weapon deals phisical damage, it makes zero sense and the aoe also procs puncture despite not dealing any as far as i can tell) please revert it to puncture so it isn't absolutely useless against grineer.

Also aoe explosions don't trigger on various surfaces (biggest offenders puddles and uranus slopes) and the AOE radius effective area is somewhere along the line of 3-4m becouse the aoe damage decays past irrilevance at a certain point.

I get what you meant to do there but the damage the aoe does is low to begin with,  either increase that or add a cap to the decay so it doesn't go all the way to 0 at the edges of the AOE, linear decay is fine but going all the way to 0 over the course of 5m makes the damage along  the outer 30% or so of the diameter (which being an area is the bigger part of it i may add) absolutely useless. 

Edited by bl4ckhunter

There should be chances to get a "catch up" boost in the daily login rewards that will boost your login date by 1/3/5/10 days but skips the rewards (milestone rewards for each 50 login days are still rewarded), until you are up to the very day since the new login reward system is introduced. That'll actually be pretty neat, since not everyone has the time to login everyday and keep up due to undesirable matters such as work.

• 2 weeks later...