Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why doesn't DE advertise Warframe?

(PSN)Igna232

Seriously now, why don't they do it? It would gather a much larger audience which means more grofit for them! I've seen people saying that Warframe is a copy of destiny! And that's because destiny advertised more! I'm not saying like a shiny ad on Times Square like I personally saw destiny, but at least YouTube ads, I mean, those aren't expensive especially for a multimillion company!

They do. Sort of. Not on TV or anything, but I've seen some banners on websites show off Warframe. It's gotten quite a bit of publicity in the past too, PAX East panels, Gamescom TennoLive panels, E3 2013 (partnered with Sony to have PS4 versions of the game running for attendees). 

Warframe is also already very, very big. Over 30 million registered users.

They do advertise warframe. Granted the side bar ads on random websites are goofy and need updating but warframe does have some publicity, small as it is.

I don't know why people compare warframe and destiny in the first place. About the only similarities they have is that they are both shooters and in sci-fi settings. Destiny will always make me think of halo because it plays incredibly similar and has the same feel. That's to be expected though seeing as they are both made by Bungie.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

1 minute ago, Letter13 said:

They do. Sort of. Not on TV or anything, but I've seen some banners on websites show off Warframe. It's gotten quite a bit of publicity in the past too, PAX East panels, Gamescom TennoLive panels, E3 2013 (partnered with Sony to have PS4 versions of the game running for attendees). 

Warframe is also already very, very big. Over 30 million registered losers.

fixed it for ya friendo

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Btw, you mentioned 30 mio registered users.
Is there another stat too how many users have logged in during (lets say) the last year?
Since WF is couple years old there might as well be lots of "dead" accounts.

Yeah but I mean advertise to a broader audience, normally people at game conventions already know about it, and tbh who clicks on those boob-filled mmorpgs advertisements. 30 million registered losers is a lot but that's just as many as destiny and Warframe is x100 better and has x1000 the content

4 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

fixed it for ya friendo

3 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

FTFY

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Igna232 said:

30 million registered losers

Just now, (PS4)Igna232 said:

I responded to a comment calling 30 million registered losers, and when I check back, there's already ten people correcting him to losers this is why I love our community

Damn I gotta step up my game.

6 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

They do advertise warframe. Granted the side bar ads on random websites are goofy and need updating but warframe does have some publicity, small as it is.

I don't know why people compare warframe and destiny in the first place. About the only similarities they have is that they are both shooters and in sci-fi settings. Destiny will always make me think of halo because it plays incredibly similar and has the same feel. That's to be expected though seeing as they are both made by Bungie.

Because destiny copied tiles, mission names, weapons... the idea of exo armours that can use abilities to fight in the future against factions in different planets 

7 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Also consider the fact that the Destiny community gives zero creds about how their game compares with Warframe. All of the so-called "competition" is from the Warframe community.

Edited by Legion-Shields

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Igna232 said:

And that's because destiny advertised more! 

Well, Destiny not only comes from the developers of an already loved and big franchise, but also from a publisher that loves to spends hundreds of milions of dollars on adverstising. You can count on one hand how many are capable to do something like that and you`ll still be left with fingers. 

Also, an F2P online game's advertising is different from a B2P or SP one, you can't advertise constantly or you`ll lose money. That's why whenever there's a big update, all the big game websites have at least an article about it. 

Edited by aligatorno

I actually found Warframe from an ad off some site, don't really remember where but I was curious and decided it give the game a shot.

And oh boy.

Also Destiny has Activision as their publisher so its pretty obvious why Warframe isn't advertised as much in comparison to Destiny.

Edited by Tricky5hift

3 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

Also consider the fact that the Destiny community gives zero creds about how their game compares with Warframe. All of the so-called "competition" is from the Warframe community.

Because they can't compete with the truth

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Igna232 said:

Because destiny copied tiles, mission names, weapons... the idea of exo armours that can use abilities to fight in the future against factions in different planets 

An idea that exists in plenty if sci-fi games and narratives. Its such a weird comparison to me, is all. 

1 minute ago, Legion-Shields said:

Also consider the fact that the Destiny community gives zero creds about how their game compares with Warframe. All of the so-called "competition" is from Warframe's side.

I didn't even know there was much "competition". I'm just confused every time someone brings up that destiny and warframe are incredibly similar.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Igna232 said:

Because they can't compete with the truth

I don't think we care whether the truth states one game is better than the other. Those of us who still play Destiny love it to death and will continue to play it until the game dies.

Edited by Legion-Shields
Typo

Just now, StinkyPygmy said:

An idea that exists in plenty if sci-fi games and narratives. Its such a weird comparison to me, is all. 

I didn't even know there was much "competition". I'm just confused every time someone brings up that destiny and warframe are incredibly similar.

There isn't any real competition. It's just Warframe players constantly reaffirming their preference and Destiny players continuing about their business.

1 minute ago, Legion-Shields said:

I don't think we care whether the truth states one game is bettter than the other. Those of us who still play Destiny love it to death and will continue to play it until the game dies.

Lol it's funny. cause they nerfed the truth

I'm of the mind that comparing Destiny to Warframe is a moot point. Are they both shooters and sci-fi? Yes. Did they both sort of come about in similar time frames? Sorta not really (PC Warframe existed for nearly two years beforehand, PS4 for a year). Are there some similarities in the two games? Sure.... but not enough to really say that either game copied off of one another. 

Also keep in mind that Destiny was produced by a huge studio and was published by Activision (Warframe was developed & produced & published by DE, an independent studio without big publisher support). Destiny also had the largest advertising campaign of any game in history (its advertising campaign went into the tens of millions of dollars).

Also consider that there is a stigma surrounding Free-to-Play games being cheap cash grabs and since Warframe's own motto is "Ninja's play free" it can cause people to easily dismiss the game.

Not saying that Warframe should be a premium game, I'm saying a lot of people see the advertisements but just overlook the game.

Edited by Tricky5hift