Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elements vs. Factions

THeMooN85

Question

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

So... is this good?

Elements combined vs. faction:

Corrosive + Cold for Void (or Blast on some weapons, shame you cant have Magnetic)

Corrosive + Blast for Infested (most Infested are fragile/weak the only matters are Ancients)

Radiation + Viral for Grineer (because you can't have Corrosive combined with them)

Magnetic + Toxin for Corpus (or Gas because you cant have pure Toxin on some weapon) - and why Toxin has +50% on flesh and Gas (Toxin AoE) has -25%? Isn't it the same proc?

Edited by THeMooN85

8 answers to this question

Radiation + Viral  vs grineers only if all 4 player have corrosive projection.. otherwise corrosive cold.... radiation and viral suck big time vs heavy gunners and they are biggest treat...u can mod secondary for radiation viran wen u need to kill napalm  or bombard

Mostly right.

Your elemental of choice depends heavily on the weapon and Primed mods.

Grineer:  Use Corrosive on a status Weapon. Try not to mix elementals into a Corrosive status weapon if you can through unless you like the CC effects of Heat or Cold. Mixing status effects can rob you of damage by reducing your Corrosive proc weight. Corrosive or Radiation on a low status weapon. Corrosive will ignore 75% of Ferrite armor values (Heavy Gunners, Hyeka Masters) while Radiation will ignore 75% of alloy armor values (Bombards, Napalms), take your pick. It's important to note "values" means the number itself not the damage reduction it provides. This means the effect does not scale well as enemy armor increases. For melee, status Corrosive or status pure physical Bleed.

Void:   Corrosive on a status weapon or Viral + Rad on status Slash based weapons. Rad + Viral on low status weapons. Rad + Viral can tend to be a little more viable in the Void since only Heavy Gunners have Ferrite armor and half the units are unarmored but a heavy status Corrosive weapon is still ideal and very potent. For melee, status Corrosive or status pure physical Bleed.

Infested:   This depends on mods and Primary or Secondary. Corrosive  + Blast is correct however for crit based weapons you can only choose 2-3 elemental mods and due to Primed Cryo Rounds Viral + Heat becomes a very strong option. For Secondary crit weapons Corrosive + Heat is ideal due to Primed Heated Charge. For melee just Corrosive.

Corpus:  This one varies the most of all factions. Status Gas as you mentioned. Pure Toxic for crit weapons, Viral + Electric for low status primaries, Viral + Heat for low status secondaries, Pure Toxic for melee or status Gas melee. Magnetic + Toxic works when you don't have Primed mods in play otherwise it should be avoided.

The difference between Gas and Toxic is that Gas has three parts. The initial damage which is Gas, then an AoE effect which is Toxic damage and lastly a Toxic DoT which is more potent than the one produced by the Toxic Damage. The wiki is accounting for the Gas damage type and not the status effects it produces.

If you don't have a slash status weapon I'd take at least some degree of radiation weapon to the void.
Corrupted ancients make everything considerably more tanky and you can't always isolate and kill them first. 
They act a proc-magnets though, which means that:
a) Mass slash procs on the group covered by their protective aura can bleed them out.
b) A single rad proc on any of the group near them will turn them hostile to the group and end the protection.

49 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

The difference between Gas and Toxic is that Gas has three parts. The initial damage which is Gas, then an AoE effect which is Toxic damage and lastly a Toxic DoT which is more potent than the one produced by the Toxic Damage. The wiki is accounting for the Gas damage type and not the status effects it produces.

This is why I had to look really hard at Gas, because the wiki didn't take the two damage types into effect.  Something that I think quite a few miss.  It's also why I chose Gas as my combo of choice.  

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

This is why I had to look really hard at Gas, because the wiki didn't take the two damage types into effect.  Something that I think quite a few miss.  It's also why I chose Gas as my combo of choice.  

Yea it's kinda unfortunate that the wiki can almost be misleading in it's listing for damage types.

A new player isn't going to dig very deep into it and just assume something like this on Galantine Prime is true....

Disadvantages:

Of course technically right because they're talking about the damage type and not the effects we know in practice; the opposite is true.

44 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Yea it's kinda unfortunate that the wiki can almost be misleading in it's listing for damage types.

A new player isn't going to dig very deep into it and just assume something like this on Galantine Prime is true....

Disadvantages:

Of course technically right because they're talking about the damage type and not the effects we know in practice; the opposite is true.

Exactly!  Things like this is why it's important to play test things for yourself. 

The Simulacrum is nice for testing somethings, but it doesn't recreate everything that happens in a mission.  I first found this out when my Rakta Cernos didn't even try to do the Synd Proc in the Simulacrum.  It actually took playing the missions to see just how powerful and large the AoE was on my Daikyu, because the enemies stand right beside each other in missions but very rarely do  the Simulacrum.