Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When We Get Nidus Prime

cookieknife

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)AntiCaesar said:

A few infested weapons are just infested versions of existing weapons. Like the Mutalist Cernos or Quanta. It could just be how it looked before it got infested when it's based off a Tenno weapon. 

actually, believe it or not all infested are. The infested faction is pretty much the manifestation of flesh of many dead beings. like the chargers you can see a grineer head at the bottom, or the ancients you can sorta see they're heavy gunners... so im sure mutalist are just infested weapons from the alad V scandal with the infested, on corpus weapons.. so newer infested maybe? idk but the other infested weapons are surely weapons with the virus manifesting into it

19 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

actually, believe it or not all infested are. The infested faction is pretty much the manifestation of flesh of many dead beings. like the chargers you can see a grineer head at the bottom, or the ancients you can sorta see they're heavy gunners... so im sure mutalist are just infested weapons from the alad V scandal with the infested, on corpus weapons.. so newer infested maybe? idk but the other infested weapons are surely weapons with the virus manifesting into it

The Hema seems to be a weapon purely infested. I never said the infested weren't made up of basically everything.

On 7/24/2017 at 4:01 AM, JoshuaAnders said:

I find the concept of Nidus Prime to be hilarious because I remember arguing a while back that infested weapons could quite possibly be primed and be ok lore-wise.

Nidus Prime will give credence to this possibility.

My arguement was that the technocyte has a hive mind. This being proven via the fact that infested units are pretty much uniform with the exception of having different units with different purposes. The hive mind has sort-of a genetic memory that stores blueprints for these individual unit-types within it that allows it to essentially convert physical matter into these same units at a whim, wherever and whenever it is present and has physical matter to work with.

So theoretically speaking, infested weapons could be primed because the infested weapons themselves, or at least, the concept for them have to have come from somewhere. The technocyte hive mind will have had to absorb and translate the weapon concepts into itself and fashioned them into its own image. And the blueprints for these infested weapons that we obtain are simply blueprints extracted from the information within technocyte. Of course, you can also build infested weapons by simply infecting a weapon with technocyte, but this doesn't negate my theory, this could just be another means to an end.

So in other words. At some point in history, the Synapse for example had a "Prime" counterpart used or at least developed and tested by the Orokin. Let's say in this case that it was being developed in an Orokin lab. A lab whereby technocyte was also being messed around with. This technocyte managed to get loose, and essentially absorbed all physical matter and reshaped it into its own image. And it also infected technological systems and bent them to its will / corrupted it / reshaped it in its own image. It absorbed the Synapse's prime counterpart and translated the matter into itself and as a result, gained a "genetic memory" of sorts that acts as a sort-of blueprint that allows it to manifest itself where necessary. And the reason we're able to have a blueprint for it, is because we have the ability to look inside the genetic code of technocyte and extract the blueprints for weapons it's overtaken in the past and reshaped in its own image.

Something along those lines anyway.

So somewhere, in some derelict orokin laboratory, there is quite likely an original Synapse waiting to be found, or at least, parts floating around within the void / within relics.

I have this theory that most of the weapons researched and made with the Labs are basically the Tenno researching Grineer/Corpus tech or the Infestation, and finding ways to create weapons and tools from them. Granted, a number of Grineer and Corpus weapons from the lab are used by their respective faction, but others are almost never seen if they are even seen. And the Infested weapons basically dont exist outside of the Tenno themselves using them (well, save Salad.) 

So I would actually argue that Not just Tenno, but Grineer/Corpus/Infested weapons could be primed, just not a direct prime variant. Just like with Reaper Prime and Dakra Prime being the prime versions of Hate/Ether Reaper and Cronus respectively. 

So, I do think that there could be a Prime Synapse of some kind, just that it wouldnt be an infested weapon and may not be actually called the Synapse Prime.

As for the topic of Nidus Prime, I personally have the idea that, well, this might be turning toward fan theory/fiction, so yeah... 

But anyways, Since its kinda obvious that the warframes use infested materials in their construction, I would imagine that it would be dangerous to constantly harvest infested spores and such. So a warframe like Nidus was created to fill the role of harvester and controller of the infestation. The actual look of Nidus could be completely different from what we see. What we see is the Nidus warframe after the infestation within and without has completely taken over the frame. In fact, it could be even so far gone that the original nidus blueprints were lost, and what we got where basically from scans of a corrupted/infested Nidus warframe that was being kept as a artifact by that colony we saved.

So Nidus Prime could have little to no actual infestation covering it, or could have the look of a warframe (think something like Exalibur) covered in infested tissue, with parts of its armor having been warped or removed by the infestation forcing its way out of the warframe.

What if Nidus originally, looked totally different visually and his powers functioned the same just had a much different visual appearance? Say the infestation took over the warframe and we currently only have the infested version of the warframe.

What if Nidus was primed and he was released in all his original golden glory and his original powers restored (visually)? What if his "original" abilities were like a mix of Oberon hallowed ground, Vauban vortex, frost ice wave, Trinity Link and the infestation mutated th to their purpose?

there's actually 1 Prime we have atm that is outright NOT the same as its 'true' Orokin version - the Burston Prime. this was a recreation by modern Tenno with Orokin tech and craftmanship, and is pointed out to not be anywhere near how a true Burston Prime would be.

Nidus can be the first time it applies to a Prime. okay, second - i think this can justify Valkyr too. after all, Ballas doesnt even mention her name in the video.

nidus prime?  Nope nope nope, all I can say because that was the time the orokin fallen down, and lost control to control the infestations.  That why their ships are infested, the only way to make Nidus great if it goes umbero time or either put on the side called "Nidus Wraith" or "Nidus Prism" because we don't have a warframe become wraith or prism, so its best to tinker around with it and making Nidus just ridiculously making it more powerful then before.  Heck I've seen prime already change stats making itself OP already focusing on one type dmg.  Galatine Prime, just focus on slash dmg and crits, Lex Prime, crit and puncture + explosive = tell the enemies to F### off, as you see my point is, it just prime is getting the point being ridiculous changing itself alot.

Now who ask for Nidus go umber, wraith or prism?

On 7/24/2017 at 10:44 AM, Miser_able said:

We can have infested prime weapons but not prime infested weapons, by that I mean we can't prime an already infested weapon, but we could infest a primed weapon. 

Prime is the original version .-.

thays a GIVEN when you say hey I want a kestrel prime or hey I want a panthera prime

you arent saying , wow I want the current lore characters to create this weapon. You're saying you want DE to make this weapon. Jesus, everyone's trying to be smart

7 hours ago, cookieknife said:

Prime is the original version .-.

thays a GIVEN when you say hey I want a kestrel prime or hey I want a panthera prime

you arent saying , wow I want the current lore characters to create this weapon. You're saying you want DE to make this weapon. Jesus, everyone's trying to be smart

What? I don't get at all what you mean by this. I was explaining how it could work in the lore, by the method I said we could have a weapon that is had the primed and infested.