Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Prime

(XBOX)KingReaper39

Question

13 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)KingReaper39 said:

Is Nekros Prime worth building? I already have him being built at the moment. How do I build Nekros without the Despoil augment?

I would get Despoil.  If you plan on using Desecrate (and you should, since it's a fire and forget ability that doesn't stop you from doing anything else) you'll be losing a lot of energy constantly without Despoil.  Using Zenurik may be enough to offset the cost if you also run high efficiency, but that lowers your duration which hurts skill like Nekros's 2nd and 4th abilities.

You could go without despoil.  But why would you?  It's amazing.

In fact, Nekros is one of the few frames where each augment is actually good/useful.

Myself?

Quick Thinking / Streamline / Fleeting Expertise r3 / Stretch

Despoil / Soul Survivor / Over Extended / Transient Fortitiude

Build Reasoning

I like to use Nekros for mat farming or long distance survivals (hour plus).  The lowered duration is fine for my play style, which is to sprinkle Terror against mobs rather than use Shadows for survival.  I don't bother with Shadows; personally, I think the ability is annoying.  Each Desecrated enemy eats 3 hp.  And I find it endlessly hilarious picking up downed squadmates instantly with soul survivor.

I'll often be asked, "how'd you do that?"

I'll reply, "magic."

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)KingReaper39 said:

How do I build Nekros without the Despoil augment?

I'd build him the same as with Despoil, but perhaps with a greater penchant for Efficiency than normal, as well as large Energy pool. Nekros is all utility, and so your build depends on which kinds of utility you want to get the most out of. I'm no expert on Nekros, but:

• Nekros is great with lots of Health. Some players like using Health Conversion to make him tanky, or Shield of Shadows for much of the same, or both for a very tanky Deathframe. If you're not spending his Health as a resource with Despoil, however, you could free up Vitality's mod slot for HC or SoS for defense, or perhaps for Flow since you'll need a large Energy pool.
  • Duration aids his CC potential with Terrify and extends the life of his Shadows.
  • Strength is useful for debuffing enemy Armor via Terrify and for increasing his Shadows' strength, but it doesn't effect Desecrate. Mod Strength as you prefer, but I'd stay away from Blind Rage.
  • Range will increase the area of Desecrate, but be wary. The greater Desecrate's range, the faster you'll spend Energy, so you'll need to do a bit more legwork to keep his 3 up and running. With a small Range though, you could miss out on some extra drops. 
  • As I mentioned before, Efficiency is always good. The stat can help you keep Shadows up for longer, and it's a major benefit to using Desecrate if you're not using Despoil.

For more advice, check out the wiki page for Nek's abilities. The Tips & Tricks tabs are super helpful.

There are a lot of great comments here already.

I can't imagine a build without despoil as desecrate is toggle on/off for easy use, and health orbs are plentiful. I wear an arcane pulse set for even greater health rejuv. Also, I use an aura that boosts heath or health regen. 

I forgot health conversion. It's gooood.

Edited by (PS4)SKRIMP-N-GRITZ
forgot something

22 minutes ago, (Xbox One)KingReaper39 said:

FYI everyone, I don't have the Despoil Augment sooo...

Easily remedied by either working up Steel Merdian (left side) or Red Veil (right side) syndicates.

That's a potential long term goal. 

Or, just spend a little time in trade chat and earn 10p-20p, which is the price augments are usually traded at.

18 hours ago, (Xbox One)KingReaper39 said:

FYI everyone, I don't have the Despoil Augment sooo...

So, get it.

Personally, I run Vitality, Despoil, Equilibrium, and Health Conversion, with Arcane Pulse and my Nekros is pretty tanky.  Since Despoil is constantly lowering your health and providing health orbs, your HC is constantly at maximum, providing 1350 (plus the 65 armor he starts with for 1415 total) armor at all times.  Plus, your energy is always full due to Equilibrium.  That frees you up from running Zenurik to run something else that might be useful, like Madurai for extra slash damage (to make more enemy pieces for Desecrate to work on) or Vazarin to pick up teammates instantly instead of using Soul Survivor.  Despoil is the key to this, however, unless you want to intentionally take damage from enemies before you've gained any HC stacks, which is dangerous with his low starting armor values.

If you throw on a Shield of Shadows as well, then you've got even more damage reduction.

Well they said they didn't have Despoil.....

But the posters asking why you wouldn't use it. Most endurance Nekros don't use Despoil.

His pets lower kill rate and so he should not summon them. Nekro's 60k eHP also becomes paper.

Most will use Soul Survivor augment in place of Despoil and his Fear augment in place of his Shadows backed with more Power Range.

Despoil can also cause serious problems for Nekros if your Sentinel dies.

36 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Well they said they didn't have Despoil.....

But the posters asking why you wouldn't use it. Most endurance Nekros don't use Despoil.

His pets lower kill rate and so he should not summon them. Nekro's 60k eHP also becomes paper.

Most will use Soul Survivor augment in place of Despoil and his Fear augment in place of his Shadows backed with more Power Range.

Despoil can also cause serious problems for Nekros if your Sentinel dies.

Why wouldn't you use it for endurance?  This is especially true if 60k eHP is nothing.  That means you don't have to worry about health, unless you're worried about losing your sentinel and not being able to retrieve the health orbs?  I'd assume you'd also want a Trin to ensure that you don't run out of energy?

That's talking about specific setups that the OP probably isn't going to be going for, at much higher levels than anything one normally meets in the starchart - well past sortie range, correct?  In that case, yes, I can see the appeal in Creeping Terrify to slow enemies.  Is Soul Survivor used in lieu of using Vazarin?

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

Why wouldn't you use it for endurance?  This is especially true if 60k eHP is nothing.  That means you don't have to worry about health, unless you're worried about losing your sentinel and not being able to retrieve the health orbs?  I'd assume you'd also want a Trin to ensure that you don't run out of energy?

That's talking about specific setups that the OP probably isn't going to be going for, at much higher levels than anything one normally meets in the starchart - well past sortie range, correct?  In that case, yes, I can see the appeal in Creeping Terrify to slow enemies.  Is Soul Survivor used in lieu of using Vazarin?

Yea, it's mostly because you lose the luxury of being able to collect health orbs as often by having to camp behind Volt Shield or Frost Globe. So you run energy based with Zenurik. You also can't rely on Medi-ray since the Sentinel could be dead by then. It's a very similar build to the old Nekros Desicrate bot setup. Range, Efficiency with a little Power so Fear can hit enough enemies. Soul Survivor since you can't run Vazarin.

Shouldn't need a Trinity. least not groups I've been in or seen use one. Most everyone will use Zenurik with the rich using Energize sets so you can replace Trinity with more damage output. It's a very specific situation but I've actually been considering an energy build alternative for Solo runs. Often by around lvl 250 a Napalm or such will have killed my Sentinel and it's really rough keeping  up with the Health orbs while killing and Health Conversion becomes more of a manual upkeep anyways.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

Yea, it's mostly because you lose the luxury of being able to collect health orbs as often by having to camp behind Volt Shield or Frost Globe. So you run energy based with Zenurik. You also can't rely on Medi-ray since the Sentinel could be dead by then. It's a very similar build to the old Nekros Desicrate bot setup. Range, Efficiency with a little Power so Fear can hit enough enemies. Soul Survivor since you can't run Vazarin.

Shouldn't need a Trinity. least not groups I've been in or seen use one. Most everyone will use Zenurik with the rich using Energize sets so you can replace Trinity with more damage output. It's a very specific situation but I've actually been considering an energy build alternative for Solo runs. Often by around lvl 250 a Napalm or such will have killed my Sentinel and it's really rough keeping  up with the Health orbs while killing and Health Conversion becomes more of a manual upkeep anyways.

Thanks for the discussion.  If I find myself taking a Nekros into an endurance run (I get bored after too long in a single mission) then I'll take these ideas into consideration.