Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old melees need some love

el_chanis

I played this game for over 2 years... and i noticed something. The powercreep is real. I know, shocking, but true. Right now most melee weapons previous to The Second Dream got absolutly surprassed by new weapons of the same type, and not in a good way. Pure and simple straight upgrades, the dakra prime/broken war and scindo prime/galatine prime are the most obvious and obnoxius examples, given how they are better even in range. The fun part is, the difference is SO HUGE between these weapons, that not even riven disposition can close the gap, given that faint disposition rivens are still better than many other options for this weapons.

So, please, review some of the old weapons so they become viable sidegrades (status/crit oriented, some gimmick), or change the riven scaling to make strong disposition stronger, and faint disposition fainter. Stuff like Ankyros prirme and fang prime are just way too weak, to the point where even with good rivens can't compete with the new weapons (without rivens).

Not a shocking thing it is a nature bait for the devs. If they make simple weapons and keep them on low stats then probably noone wishing to buy. They make stronger weapons in purpose to sell them but I am agree they can buff the old ones and a bit cut the gap between the meta and mid tier and low tier weapons. No need to buff them to the same level the metas are but some minor tweak in stat / crit / damage / mechanical wise as a qol changes that can keep used those said weapons. For example  there is a beatufil dual ether or pangolin swords and these needs some extra damage to be more useful. Mechanically they could add some bonus against x y faction or just add some extra damage type there which make these weapons more useful.

1 minute ago, kyori said:

I always believe some or most stuffs have to be fodders, in this case MR fodders because can't be everything also good, then everything will be same.

Partly true but not necessarily need to be a weapon stronger than other just different. For example you cannot compare a bow with an assault rifle or with a launcher weapon. Each category has it's own items but these items can be differ in mechanic and in stat wise but not drastically and then there are a full collection of weapons which at least can be used in any situation "almost any" and no need to touch always cheesy and meta items to win the game. As the time goes the enemies going to be stronger and the new weapons are always designed for the new challenges in this case the devs need to tweak the older content to be viable in the new game. Like how they doing with warframes because some were out to date and mechanically needed many changes to be useful in the new game. Some like Loki not needed so much changes because his abilities and mechanics are viable in any content. 

As for weapons there are some which pretty much useful with a high dedication and investment but those weapons can be better in basic. A Braton can be better weapon if just some stat changes and while not make it op with that slight buffs that weapon can be more useful because the overall output increased.

4 minutes ago, kyori said:

I always believe some or most stuffs have to be fodders, in this case MR fodders because can't be everything also good, then everything will be same.

indeed, im not calling for a complete overhaul of all the melees in the game. But certain things should be AT LEAST GOOD (aka, Ankyros prime, reaper prime, fang prime, etc), and the "should-be-good" stuff in direct competition with newer weapons should have a viable way to stay relevant. As i pointed before, broken war is 50% more powerfull than dakra prime, and with better range, being a weapon that you get for free by questing, instead of farming/trading. Even the prisma skana was considered a sidegrade to the dakra thanks to the augment and crit viability, now both are hardcore MR fodder.

18 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

I wish the old weapons individually buffed to a level where they can compete with meta weapons and the DE shown some sign they could do this with the recent weapon buffs and tweaks. Like the lato, attica , opticor, etc.

Yeah. My Attica does 240k burst dps with its riven. They did a pretty good job on that last round of buffs minus the Hind. The Hind is still terrrrrible.

Just now, Skaleek said:

Yeah. My Attica does 240k burst dps with its riven. They did a pretty good job on that last round of buffs minus the Hind. The Hind is still terrrrrible.

When I tested the Hind I asked myself why they did not just made to similar like the stradavar? That is annoying to push the X (the secondary mode for me) to use the weapon as a single shot weapon. The burst not problematic and the damage and magazine capacity not bad but the secondary fire is pretty much unfinished. They can fix that but overall not find that too bad.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

No one mentioned the Pangolin Sword.

Because it's dead.

Its ok as it is, what needs is a variant (prime, dragon, prisma, whatever). Same goes for the Jaw sword, wich i would LOVE to see a prime version.

19 hours ago, el_chanis said:

Its ok as it is, what needs is a variant (prime, dragon, prisma, whatever). Same goes for the Jaw sword, wich i would LOVE to see a prime version.

Jaw Sword & Pagolin Sword are still my favourite swords even though no one else notice they exist in this game. Can't wait for their Prime/Prisma variants. 

11 hours ago, Doomsknight said:

Jaw Sword & Pagolin Sword are still my favourite swords even though no one else notice they exist in this game. Can't wait for their Prime/Prisma variants. 

once upon a time, the jaw sword was another sidegrade of the dakra (augment ftw), but, just like the dakra, the game grew beyond its capabilites. I don't mind much tho, because is a basic weapon, and should remain weak compared to end-game stuff. But if they prime it (or any other variant), it will be very disappointing if can't use the augment.

On 2017. 07. 26. at 6:42 PM, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

1967332372-Harvey_20Birdman-HaHa_21_20Ph

No one mentioned the Pangolin Sword.

Because it's dead.

On Another threads I mentionned the old melees. Pangolin need stat boost and a dual variant and follow the example of fang and make it puncture based melee but keep the slash - impact too.