Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Slots

(PSN)KOOL-AID-420

We need more riven slots!!!

I mean we're already paying an arm & leg for extra slots. Why is the limit 60? Why is there even a limit TBO.

With the amount of weapons in the game I feel 60 is a way to small of an amount. As do many other players Ive talked to.

Especially now that theres melee rivens. You gave Us 60 limit for Primary & Secondary. Why not ATLEAST 30 more being 5 should be added free.

Having to sale or dissolve rivens for Primary & Secondary Id liked to have kept to obtain some melee rivens.

PLEASE address this issue ASAP. Majority of the community feels the same.

who even has 60 usefull rivens for weapons he activly use? i dont use 30 weapons actively let alone 60, but i guess some people would.

DE claims its a database issue, so unless they find a way to overcome the claimed issue its not going to change.

also the riven cap is good for the economy. too much rivens and rivens would lose all value they now have.

17 hours ago, JSharpie said:

It's a database issue.

They said that when the limit was 15, then suddenly it was 60.

They just made 150k$ on charity alone, let alone what they actually make monthly and through prime access.

The game and the company obviously boast a very healthy financial situation to the point they could easily acquire more 'database' as shown per another user's post using amazon's servers prices, IF they don't have that space already.

It's just an amateurish overlook on de's end to limit the only reward veterans can possibly aim for. Me and a bunch of friends, like TC said, have lost quite a bit of excitement after we reached our limits.

If we use them or not is a moot point, people don't use all warframes they have in their arsenals yet they won't delete them.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

They just made 150k$ on charity alone, let alone what they actually make monthly and through prime access.

The game and the company obviously boast a very healthy financial situation to the point they could easily acquire more 'database' as shown per another user's post using amazon's servers prices, IF they don't have that space already.

It's just an amateurish overlook on de's end to limit the only reward veterans can possibly aim for. Me and a bunch of friends, like TC said, have lost quite a bit of excitement after we reached our limits.

If we use them or not is a moot point, people don't use all warframes they have in their arsenals yet they won't delete them.

They probably refactor'd the way they handle how they store Riven Data to reduce the database load. You have no idea their financial situation, or how their infrastructure works.

They'll probably increase the space eventually, but right now they have more things to work on, huge things in the works, and as shown by many games it's foolish to blindly add more servers because people asked for it. It's not like you just get to buy a server and it's yours. There is maintenance and upkeep that isn't cheap.

Also, if you have 60 useful rivens that you use at least weekly by now that you don't want to reroll, then maybe you need to take a break.

1 hour ago, JSharpie said:

They probably refactor'd the way they handle how they store Riven Data to reduce the database load. You have no idea their financial situation, or how their infrastructure works.

They'll probably increase the space eventually, but right now they have more things to work on, huge things in the works, and as shown by many games it's foolish to blindly add more servers because people asked for it. It's not like you just get to buy a server and it's yours. There is maintenance and upkeep that isn't cheap.

Also, if you have 60 useful rivens that you use at least weekly by now that you don't want to reroll, then maybe you need to take a break.

LOL it's hard to take you seriously when you wanna get away with 'maybe they refactor'd it' as your main counter argument.

Yeah, they redid their maths and as it turns out they were just 400% off, swell. lol

But in one thing you are right: 'taking a break'. It's what i've been doing for the past 3 months, just forma'ing whatever gets released and logging in, no point doing sorties.

Thankfully there are games out there that don`t stop my access to end game rewards

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Majority of players are not worth another Riven's slots, because they use Rivens just as another value to stockpile their Plat amount.

It`s hard to grasp any sense out of what you've said? Wanna try another language perhaps?

Turning your argument into a silogism there's absolutely no way you can come to the conclusion that adding more slots is not worth it.

I have plat and no where to spend, the whole system is a fallacious if one comes to that point, dailies are not rewarding me either and anything not riven related and arcane energize simply don't make plat change hands.

10 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

-snip-

-snip-

7 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

LOL it's hard to take you seriously when you wanna get away with 'maybe they refactor'd it' as your main counter argument.

Yeah, they redid their maths and as it turns out they were just 400% off, swell. lol

One thing to keep in mind is that the data size grows in a linear manner for regular mods but exponentially for riven mods according to the big-O notation.  So I would agree that refactoring is probably not the main reason behind the slots jumping from 15 to 60 because it is hard to make that kind of improvement under the restrictions.  Database storage stopped being a problem along time ago since the 90s, it is not about how much you can store, but how fast you can access a particular piece of data from a large database.

Suppose DE did the math and concluded that they will start having performance issues if each and everyone of the 26 million registered losers have 16 or more rivens, then it would be entirely reasonable for them to take a conservative position to cap the riven slot at 15 (initially).  Furthermore, let's suppose DE did a follow up assessment and found that only 1 in 4 losers ever progresses past TWW to make use of rivens in the first place, all of a sudden you can increase the riven cap to 60 without any impact to the game's performance.  In short, DE was operating as a loan shark before (lending out money they have) and now they're operating as a bank (lending out money they don't have).

10 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

-snip-

-snip-

Unless you're Donald Trump funneling charity money for self benefits, it is not the right way to gauge how much a company is making by how successful their charity fundraising is.  DE is doing well financially, you can look at their (parent company's) earning reports to see that;  In fact,  they're doing better than Ubisoft from a size-to-revenue perspective.  But again, as stated before, having the money to buy more database storage is not the solution to the problem.

18 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

That is not how database works. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

That is not how database works. 

That's not the answer of someone who knows how it works.

It was perfectly explained in the post where all the math behind its data storage issue was calculated.

I'm tired to search it.

9 hours ago, FAZZWARFRAME said:

One thing to keep in mind is that the data size grows in a linear manner for regular mods but exponentially for riven mods according to the big-O notation.  So I would agree that refactoring is probably not the main reason behind the slots jumping from 15 to 60 because it is hard to make that kind of improvement under the restrictions.  Database storage stopped being a problem along time ago since the 90s, it is not about how much you can store, but how fast you can access a particular piece of data from a large database.

Now that's more convincing.

Suppose DE did the math and concluded that they will start having performance issues if each and everyone of the 26 million registered losers have 16 or more rivens, then it would be entirely reasonable for them to take a conservative position to cap the riven slot at 15 (initially).  Furthermore, let's suppose DE did a follow up assessment and found that only 1 in 4 losers ever progresses past TWW to make use of rivens in the first place, all of a sudden you can increase the riven cap to 60 without any impact to the game's performance.  In short, DE was operating as a loan shark before (lending out money they have) and now they're operating as a bank (lending out money they don't have).

As much as it doesn't sound impossible, I'm sorry, but i'll choose to remain skeptical. That conservative standpoint got them 900p per person that decided to max their riven cap. It wasn't just data issues behind it. And even then, i'm ok with that, i'm even willing to buy more which takes me to my point. They are creating that illness/medicine scenario and i'm just letting them know a lot of us are ill, get us the meds, take the plat. 

Unless you're Donald Trump funneling charity money for self benefits, it is not the right way to gauge how much a company is making by how successful their charity fundraising is.  DE is doing well financially, you can look at their (parent company's) earning reports to see that;  In fact,  they're doing better than Ubisoft from a size-to-revenue perspective.  But again, as stated before, having the money to buy more database storage is not the solution to the problem.

I honestly don`t know if Trump donates for charity or not nor do I care but the fact you told me that DE`s parent company is indeed boasting a good financial situation just proves I was right. Of course I can`t even estimate those numbers based on charity numbers, it was just a general assessment i`d be willing to bet my legs on.

I also doubt money isn`t the solution to this specific problem. 

If they could turn all the attributes of a riven into a hash and index the username and hash of a riven, speed shouldn't be issue. And if they store all the attributes into a string that gets parsed on the client side, it will also make each riven not take up a lot of space. I want more riven slots, only 60 slots with 221 unique weapons is too small for veterans who have poatoed all the things.

57 minutes ago, (Xbox One)dude1286 said:

If they could turn all the attributes of a riven into a hash and index the username and hash of a riven, speed shouldn't be issue. And if they store all the attributes into a string that gets parsed on the client side, it will also make each riven not take up a lot of space. I want more riven slots, only 60 slots with 221 unique weapons is too small for veterans who have poatoed all the things.

I doubt they're not indexing the username, it is a day-one-to-do with or without riven.  Hashing does help in cutting down lookup time with smaller tables but you're still talking about 2 queries hits.  They probably:

1. used a document oriented structure like JSON and added the riven attributes at the same level as the parent (user)

2. used a parent-child relationship by linking the parent user to child riven ids, but to prevent the child table from growing exponentially, defined a fix number of housing on the parent level (ie. have 60 columns)

3. used something like 2 but allows for exponential growth by not compartmentalizing the child table, and retro actively calculated 60 to be the magic number as the single peak.

20 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

That's not the answer of someone who knows how it works.

It was perfectly explained in the post where all the math behind its data storage issue was calculated.

I'm tired to search it.

You are tired to search for it because your math does not exist.

One does not simply pour money in the server ans expect it to get fixed magically.

On 29/07/2017 at 11:35 PM, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

What do the TennoCon proceeds have to do with this? All the profit from TennoCon went to charity, and it's not really an indication of the health of the game or its business, because it's a once-a-year unique event that always has its proceeds go to charity.

19 hours ago, FAZZWARFRAME said:

I doubt they're not indexing the username, it is a day-one-to-do with or without riven.  Hashing does help in cutting down lookup time with smaller tables but you're still talking about 2 queries hits.  They probably:

1. used a document oriented structure like JSON and added the riven attributes at the same level as the parent (user)

I certainly hope not.  A properly indexed & normalized DB with text tables is extremely fast.  Especially when the game doesn't even have to search for the rivens used becasue they have already been selected before the mission starts.

I find it hard to believe anyone actively uses so many different weapons so often that they'd need that many slots to accommodate so many different variants. I think its more likely greed, and people farming them for the mystical god rivens that will make them insta-rich without ditching the pointless ones, of which there are plenty.

Rivens, their grind, the kuva grind, their existance, are all about addiction. Have fun with that. lol

I'm one of those people who have a slot for every item in the game (besides founders items, braton and lato vandal and gorgon wraith), with a potato in each of them. I've even started to forma all the things, and while doing so have had time to look at each weapon I have forma'd and said "if this weapon had a little better x, it could be so much better". Broncos with better reload speed, Vasto with more damage and supra with better ammo max and fire rate. Rivens gave me these without having to compromise for the issues I found, and it makes me want to search deeper into the inventory for some more hidden gems. I also like to trade my duplicates instead of sell them. Most of my current rivens have a disposition of 2 or higher, only 1 or 2 of them have a 1.

I can see their point, I am a alcoholic, and a few areas have massive limits.  For me its Load-outs, I think one per frame is reasonable, But id settle for half of the frames they put out since that number is always growing.