Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A little tip that can save you in Excavation

AlphaPHENIX

Question

Whille in a loading screen you might have seen something along the lines of ''Using a power cell will restore the Excavator's shields''. Now this is certainly usefull, infact I have had some clutch saves before thanks to it, but some people just don't know when to stop.

Too many times have I seen an Excavator have like 1 second of Excavation time, 90% Power and not a single point of damage to it's health (slightly exaggerated, but you get the point). Yes it's usually the fault of noobies, they are still learning I don't blame them for that, untill I ask them to stop and they keep doing it.

Even if you are in a full squad where you don't have to worry about running out of them, it's still way better to have the cells in reserve for the next Excavator.

TLDR: The Excavators aren't Genji, they don't need healling every 5 seconds and they even stay still for you. STOP WASTING YOUR POWER CELLS!

14 answers to this question

Power cell supply is unlimited, I don't see how that's called "wasting".

No offense, but In the past, I did meet one guy who obsessed with not bringing more power cell for the excavator than it needed. His asked the squad "do you see the excavator going any faster ?". Why he asked that funny question ? Maybe he did not notice that the excavator is not digging any slower, not losing its heath, not being overloaded by the "wasted" power cells, and maybe some people likes the cell loading sound, some people likes to insert something into something else &c. Let them play how they want and get over this trivial matter.

1 minute ago, failedtodiet said:

Power cell supply is unlimited, I don't see how that's called "wasting".

Untill you decide to do an Excavation without 4 people in the squad (which would likely happen due to nobody else playing on that node), let's see how ''unlimed'' that supply of yours is then.

2 minutes ago, failedtodiet said:

Let them play how they want and get over this trivial matter.

Talk to me again when you loose one or more excavators because there weren't any cells on the ground and you couldn't kill a carrier fast enough to get one.

I think DE should make a tutorial for the first excavation mission a player newly encounter, that should be on earth... everest?

Oh wait.. that won't work because people taxi around. MR1 in Hieracon....

Just now, kyori said:

I think DE should make a tutorial for the first excavation mission a player newly encounter, that should be on earth... everest?

Oh wait.. that won't work because people taxi around. MR1 in Hieracon....

Maybe remaster one of the MR tests? It' won't be as effective but at least it's not skippable.

1 minute ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Untill you decide to do an Excavation without 4 people in the squad (which would likely happen due to nobody else playing on that node), let's see how ''unlimed'' that supply of yours is then.

Talk to me again when you loose one or more excavators because there weren't any cells on the ground and you couldn't kill a carrier fast enough to get one.

Power cell shortage happens alot when cell carriers get stuck and can't find their way to your location. That's because you didn't kill them when you're on your way to another excavator, the AI having more trouble with some map like Valefor. So yea, make sure to kill every/most carrier on the way to the next excavator and you won't have cell trouble. Even if you have a mountain of cells at old excavator location, you can't run back if it's too far away.

If you reach the point where you need a power cell to save an excavator then you should focus more on the game, or you should extract. I did most pug excavation missions on Hieracon with Vauban, Slowva, Frost and rarely lost any excavator until 2k+. And cells was never a problem, doesn't matter if anyone in the squad spam them on excavators or not.

42 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

You...little...

Forgive him for he forgot Genji is mostly green and that pic is mostly blue.....

On topic, every time a power cell is used when not needed I almost get triggered..... this game needs tutorial for everything including bullet jump....

Just now, Prinny13 said:

Forgive him for he forgot Genji is mostly green and that pic is mostly blue.....

On topic, every time a power cell is used when not needed I almost get triggered..... this game needs tutorial for everything including bullet jump....

I will just ignore the first line...

Also there is a Parkour 2.0 tutorial and severall MR tests involving bullet jumps.

1 hour ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

I will just ignore the first line...

Also there is a Parkour 2.0 tutorial and severall MR tests involving bullet jumps.

The tutorial is very basic and does not simulate how to use it during missions, new players don't even know that much and would usually ask how to bullet jump around the tiles :/

MR test don't teach but test how much you know except it's a blind test with a 24 hours wait.

The very first quest must be a simulation missions to teach the new players how to play the game, this game isn't Souls game 😂

1 minute ago, Prinny13 said:

The tutorial is very basic and does not simulate how to use it during missions, new players don't even know that much and would usually ask how to bullet jump around the tiles :/

MR test don't teach but test how much you know except it's a blind test with a 24 hours wait.

The very first quest must be a simulation missions to teach the new players how to play the game, this game isn't Souls game 😂

You mean like the ones in MGR:R? Sure, why not.

On the souls comment, give me a Tyl Regor Assassination with Augmented Enemy Armour sortie. I will go beat him up with a Silva & Aegis...solo!

3 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

I do loads of Excavation missions by myself. The power cells are laying on the floor left and right. I only use Excalibur and a Zenistar. 

And that has never happened to me. The only time I lose excavators is when someone unlocks one and I'm not there to protect it. Other than that, yes. It is a trivial matter. 

In my experience, if the team is unable to keep the excavator safe, 500 shields isn't going to do anything.
I'd rather you kill stuff/use abilities rather than carry a power thing back to the excavator for 500 shields.

What irks me more is that people will spam the batteries onto an excavator that has no issues surviving.
Then when we run to the next one they don't carry one with them to immediately charge the next one up.

20% + x4 20% = 100%.
If everyone on the team did this it'd make things go much smoother.
And this is a more possible thing if people didn't spam the energy onto excavators thinking they're helping or something.

And one last thing here, I don't know if there was an update that changed it but battery spawns were quite rare for my friends and me.
Sure, after wave 5 or 8 or whatever they become more common but I remember them as being somewhat rare and we had more than a couple excavators stall out on power.
Within the last year though I've had this problem less and less.