Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Systems- possible before Kela?

dilqncho

Question

I'm desperately trying to make a Chroma, but every time I think I'm getting close the game just basically slaps me back into reality. Realizing like half of the components actually need another Warframe's component to make was unpleasant,  but I handled it. I powered through 3 junctions so I can get parts(relatively new player, don't have all planets unlocked yet), and now when I thought I'd have the damn thing building in my Foundry hours ago, I find out I need Saryn Systems which, according to the Wiki, seems to only drop by a boss another 2-3 Junctions ahead of me. I mean come on. The missions are becoming near impossible for me to solo without upping the mod capacity on my Excal to make it more powerful, and I only have one Orokin Reactor&Catalyst that I'm saving for the Chroma- which is to say I really do NOT want to have to grind to and through Sedna as well just for the one damn part. Other than buying it with plat, is there any chance that it drops anywhere else? 

Thanks in advance, and sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm just trying to make the thing already so I can stop grinding and start enjoying the game. 

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, dilqncho said:

I'm just trying to make the thing already so I can stop grinding and start enjoying the game. 

You should have done this in reverse order.

Chroma is considered a frame you get later on, when you CAN handle Sedna by yourself. He is not something a brand new player could even feasibly use because ALL of his abilities rely heavily on mods you simply cannot get early on in order to be effective. A simple build is also going to require at least 3 forma. In other words: If you got him, I can tell you that you'd probably hate him for how ineffective he would be at your level. Not to mention the sheer amount of work you'd need to put in to make him even resemble how he should be. Wait to get him, there's more than 30 other frames out there. I promise you'll like SOMETHING that's easier to farm. 

Now, I suggest strongly that you progress more naturally through the Star Chart, gathering easier (and frankly a couple better) Warframes. As far as tanks go, Valkyr comes as a strong personal recommendation. Rhino is good for new players because he is really easy. Frost from Lech Kril is good. Ember from Sargas Ruk is super solid and doesn't require any fancy modding whatsoever to be good (though she isn't a tank, she is just popular). 

But as a note, never sell those Chroma parts or blueprints. You cannot get them back!

Edited by TrickshotMcGee

The impatience of youth...not everything needs to come straight away, sometimes it's worth enjoying the ride until you get there.

Chroma is one of those frames you get when you get to it, not only do you need specific frame parts he also has a part behind one of the last bosses specifically to make it so you can't just get him early on.  There are many good frames available before chroma, some of which are available in clans but most are available from the bosses you need to beat to move on to a new level and I'm guessing you've not bothered with frost or rhino, both early frames you can get and very good for making it to the end of the star map, actually excal should be able to do that too but you will need to add a potato at the very least and likely upgrade your weapons. 

You're also going to be disappointed with chroma if you rush to get him without any further 'investment' in the game because he's pretty poor without very specific mods and ideally arcanes... personally I'm not a fan of chroma, there are better options imo, but others seem to love him. 

As to you struggling with maps solo.. there are public groups for a reason.

If you are as desperate as you sound to get chroma, no idea why, there is plat and it's there for people who don't want to wait....

Thanks for the feedback everyone :) I guess it really is too early for me to get Chroma.

I do have Frost Prime via the Twitch thing, but I'm more into pure melee in Warframe and don't really enjoy the strong CC Frost offers. I was never really into support/control classes anyway, always been more of a DPS guy. 

I did a quick farming session and currently have Rhino components building, will have Rhino in 4 short days(sigh) :D Might do a Valkyr after. Once I level those, I'll think about others.

As to why I'm so desperate for Chroma- as I said, I'm into pure melee gameplay and after a Google search, a lot of people seem to recommend it as one of the top choices for that. Of course, I might be wrong, but that's what I saw in most threads I scrolled through. 

Edited by dilqncho

1 hour ago, dilqncho said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone :) I guess it really is too early for me to get Chroma.

I do have Frost Prime via the Twitch thing, but I'm more into pure melee in Warframe and don't really enjoy the strong CC Frost offers. I was never really into support/control classes anyway, always been more of a DPS guy. 

I did a quick farming session and currently have Rhino components building, will have Rhino in 4 short days(sigh) :D Might do a Valkyr after. Once I level those, I'll think about others.

As to why I'm so desperate for Chroma- as I said, I'm into pure melee gameplay and after a Google search, a lot of people seem to recommend it as one of the top choices for that. Of course, I might be wrong, but that's what I saw in most threads I scrolled through. 

You can do a melee build for chroma and he's not bad at it, but he's not exactly what I would call a melee frame.

For melee frames that you can get at your stage I'd suggest (not including some frames with niche melee builds) frames like Excalibur, Valkyr, Volt, Loki, Inaros, Nehza, Wukong, Zephyr, or even Mag to name a few.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

5 hours ago, dilqncho said:

I'm more into pure melee in Warframe and don't really enjoy the strong CC Frost offers.
I was never really into support/control classes anyway, always been more of a DPS guy. 

Frost's mass CC (and e.g. Icy Avalanche protection, which also applies to your Squad, woo)
actually makes him a very strong choice for Melee range combat.

And not least, decent max Range (and some Strength) Avalanche / even just Ice Wave
is an easy way to up your kill count, at least for regular Star Chart enemies.

Like, Chroma is strong and all, but he's also - IMO - boring,
not least because "max powah" builds are so selfish, not offering a whole lot to the Squad :(

There's so many more interesting Frames / builds to be experienced
and many, many missions where you really don't need the ridiculous tankiness + damage boost that Chroma offers.

Especially if you're going Melee, there are e.g. Attack Speed boosts that'll make you outperform Chroma in kills per second
and of course abilities that can open enemies up to Finishers, allowing you to one-shot even the heaviest units regardless of level
(well, if you're using a Dagger with Covert Lethality, without that, you'll "only" deal massively boosted damage).

Edited by NinjaZeku