Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the point of endless missions aside from fissure runs?

p3z1

Title.

As it stands, there are no other reasons to run a mission past 20m really. Maybe you wanna say "challenge," but there is NO reward for such a run, only a repetition of reward rotations.

Farming for mats and mods are a thing, yes, but chances of them dropping don't seem to increase based on enemy level. I've already compared t2 and t4 survival in the void (Ani and Mot was it?), not much difference in drops.

I suggest a better rotation system past 20m, or double rewards obtained.

e.g. Rotation A at 5m rolls once, Rotation A at 25m rolls 2 rewards.

Edited by p3z1
Thanks for the heads up

Just now, LIKE_A_PR3DAT0R said:

well some people do endless survival for the item to use , like argon crystal , polymer and try to farm for some mod ,

normally i do endless on fissure but some time when i make a new set i also try it in endless void mission to see if all work fine or not :P

Sadly rewards don't progress based on level. Pretty sure mod drop chances/argon drop chances don't increase with level (compared with "T2" and "T4" survivals in the void).

Just now, TrinityPrime said:

Well, the longer you go passed the first set of rotations you can start getting upgraded relics.

Aside from fissure runs lol. I mean, regular starmap endless missions.

Just now, Kyryo said:

I do them for fun.

15 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

Maybe you wanna say "challenge,"

Challenge or fun, pretty much the same for me.

At least give better rewards aside from 2500 credit cache pls.

Bere and Akkad for Mastery fodder, Ophelia, Uranus for polymer farming with Nekros, ODD if you like to suffer and want to fund that accursed Hema research, Helene, Saturn for Meso relics, Hydron, Xini or Hieracon for Neo/Axi. Plus whatever endless node may drop a rare mod or stance (if you're feeling lucky, otherwise farming Prime Junk and buying it for plat is faster and actually MORE reliable). 

Edited by Reifnir

Just now, Reifnir said:

Bere and Akkad for Mastery fodder, Ophelia, Uranus for polymer farming with Nekros, ODD if you like to suffer and want to fund that accursed Hema research, Helene, Saturn for Meso relics, Hydron, Xini or Hieracon for Neo/Axi. Plus whatever endless node may drop a rare mod or stance (if you feel lucky, otherwise farming Prime Junk and buying it for plat is faster and actually MORE reliable). 

You said it yourself. There is no good reward from those, only for mat farming and maybe affinity farming (personally, I do spy for leveling).

36 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

e.g. Rotation A at 5m rolls once, Rotation A at 25m rolls 2 rewards.

or make the rotations (maybe not on excavations) like AABC, AABC, ABBC, ABBC, BBCC and so on, like at a point you get 2 C rewards with no so hard enemies if you are well modded and you ignore the A rot full of steel fiber or other useless mods even in high level missions

i do agree. it would be nice if DE added the boosters from the fissues to the normal missions also...at least then we would have a reason to go longer. That being said..i think there may be some VERY SLIGHT affinity scaling...at least from what Ive seen...will do a run in a bit and double check just to be sure.

47 minutes ago, Fiftycentis said:

BBCC and so on, like at a point you get 2 C rewards with no so hard enemies

by that point your looking at over sortie level enemies......most players dont even gear for that.

Edited by Kalvorax

2 hours ago, Kalvorax said:

i do agree. it would be nice if DE added the boosters from the fissues to the normal missions also...at least then we would have a reason to go longer. That being said..i think there may be some VERY SLIGHT affinity scaling...at least from what Ive seen...will do a run in a bit and double check just to be sure.

by that point your looking at over sortie level enemies......most players dont even gear for that.

well... yeah, we are post hour, and in t4 it's high, but still, if it's a surv you don't need to kill everyone, and it's of course not something everyone can do, but at least i have a reason other than challenge to go over the 20 mark in endless

10 hours ago, Kalvorax said:

That being said..i think there may be some VERY SLIGHT affinity scaling...at least from what Ive seen...will do a run in a bit and double check just to be sure.

The 'affinity scaling' you're seeing is just higher level enemies awarding more affinity than their lower-level counterparts.  There's no other affinity scaling in non-fissure endless missions beyond that.

Fun or generic resources, only reasons.

And yes, going beyond the standard 20m does scale resources. You have to consider it is not a "per enemy" boost. It is that there end up being more enemies on screen at one time.

Time is money, they say. And when the enemy saves me time by spawning in larger numbers, it is profit of its own. Can get 10k poymer in an hour on a single survival (w/o booster but w/ Nekros) or can run shorter missions for 4 hours to get the same thing as I watch the numbers ramp up slowly over and over again.

Edit: However, I agree. Rotation/Direct reward should be much higher for pushing the limits.

Edited by TheyCallMeGunny

I run them for fun and find anything less than 20+ minutes to be too boring to bother with, and dislike none endless mission types because of this. The enjoyment of uninterrupted murder. Usually do a rotation of 40 min runs on Ophelia, Palus, Selkie, Derelict Survival, and MOT. The current reward system is fine. Play because you enjoy the murder it is its own reward.

Edited by blackheartstar_pc

1 minute ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

I run them for fun and find anything less than 20+ minutes to be too boring to bother with, and dislike none endless mission types because of this. The enjoyment of uninterrupted murder. Usually do a rotation of 40 min runs on Ophelia, Palus, Selkie, Derelict Survival, and MOT. The current reward system is fine. Play because you enjoy the murder it is its own reward.

You will burn out eventually (maybe).

Also, I doubt that everyone sees killing things as a reward, they would want something more felt, like better drops instead of a 2k credit cache for the 8th time.

13 hours ago, p3z1 said:

3 years and 2,000 hours and still love it. You can't burn out as there are just to many weapons and frames to switch around. Went from using Wu Kong/Zuge/Ninkondi for the past five weeks (working on getting all of my frames profile usage evenly spread out starting with my least used) to using Banshee Prime/Paris Prime/Euphona Prime/OrthosPrime and it feels like an entirely different game. Kind of like Christmas.

13 hours ago, p3z1 said:

Also, I doubt that everyone sees killing things as a reward, they would want something more felt, like better drops instead of a 2k credit cache for the 8th time.

Yeah I can't speak for anyone else. There is nothing that they can give as a drop that you wont acquire more of than you will ever need of which would lead right back to somebody making a thread like this saying that something else is needed again to make them feel rewarded.

Edited by blackheartstar_pc

4 hours ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

3 years and 2,000 hours and still love it. You can't burn out as there are just to many weapons and frames to switch around. Went from using Wu Kong/Zuge/Ninkondi for the past five weeks (working on getting all of my frames profile usage evenly spread out starting with my least used) to using Banshee Prime/Paris Prime/Euphona Prime/OrthosPrime and it feels like an entirely different game. Kind of like Christmas.

Yeah I can't speak for anyone else. There is nothing that they can give as a drop that you wont acquire more of than you will ever need of which would lead right back to somebody making a thread like this saying that something else is needed again to make them feel rewarded.

Each to their own it seems. As for me, I've experienced both your examples. Most recent stupidity I ran was a channeling Harrow.

But yes, crap rewards just let me down.

On 7/31/2017 at 5:05 PM, Arkvold said:

The 'affinity scaling' you're seeing is just higher level enemies awarding more affinity than their lower-level counterparts.  There's no other affinity scaling in non-fissure endless missions beyond that.

That, and as time goes on seeing more of the tougher units and exima (that IS the correct pluralisation of eximus, yes?) which are worth more, instead of the basic cannon fodder. 

1 hour ago, Tuoweit said:

That, and as time goes on seeing more of the tougher units and exima (that IS the correct pluralisation of eximus, yes?) which are worth more, instead of the basic cannon fodder. 

I always used "eximi" myself, but I can't say for sure that's correct pluralization.

But you're totally correct that as time goes on, the game begins to throw harder enemy varieties at you, including eximus units, more frequently.  Since these units are typically worth more than their fodder counterparts, overall affinity-per-minute tends to rise assuming a more-or-less steady kill rate.

7 hours ago, kyori said:

Errr... boasting right perhaps. lol

Do endless for a week non-stop lol

Bragging rights you mean? Just shows how much you cheesed a single run TBH.

7 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

For non relic runs?  Nothing really.

Exactly. Not even rewards scale, hence needing a scaling system for rewards.

3 hours ago, Tuoweit said:

Eximi spawns cap out at a certain percent. If you want a LOT of eximi just wait for a survival, eximus stronghold.