Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finally a REAL Menace: The Nox

Dwolfknight

On 08/02/2017 at 2:17 AM, Tangent-Valley said:

You realize taking a Nox on with body/limb shots is similar to smacking a Bursa in the Barricade, right?

As much as I sympathize, you're pretty much told by DE "Aim for that BIG Glass Helmet, and shoot his face", so all I can really think when I see this post is: "Help! Bursas OP! No matter how much I shoot their super armored fronts, they just don't die as fast as other enemies!"

This

If you're going on a high level survival run maybe the Toxic Resistance is worth taking for both the Ancients and Nox units. It's hard to say 100% because DE gives these utility mods that aid survival, but survival can be worsened when players sacrifice range, strength, duration, or another QoL for one that's tailored to only one or two units that will be encountered.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:24 PM, SolarDwagon said:

Wait, what? I've definitely stealth killed them before?!

Using what? I'm not referring to CL and a dagger.  The I couldn't kill one using melee Stealth finisher in one hit like I would normally.  It took something like about 4.  Even then I still had to use sleep arrow just so It wouldn't wake up before dying.  So, other than using Covert Lethality Dagger, I just don't see how you can get Stealth kill on them at this time.  Breaking the Helmet glass will alert them.  Unless there have been some changes to them since the last time I tried to Stealth Finish one.  

On 8/7/2017 at 2:57 PM, DatDarkOne said:

Using what? I'm not referring to CL and a dagger.  The I couldn't kill one using melee Stealth finisher in one hit like I would normally.  It took something like about 4.  Even then I still had to use sleep arrow just so It wouldn't wake up before dying.  So, other than using Covert Lethality Dagger, I just don't see how you can get Stealth kill on them at this time.  Breaking the Helmet glass will alert them.  Unless there have been some changes to them since the last time I tried to Stealth Finish one.  

I snuck up behind them and hit melee o.o

Stealth damage does actually scale off weapon damage though so maybe you were using a new weapon that wasn't fully built?

Edited by SolarDwagon

55 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

I snuck up behind them and hit melee o.o

Stealth damage does actually scale off weapon damage though so maybe you were using a new weapon that wasn't fully built?

Nope.  I was using a 2 Forma'd fully ranked Venka Prime.  I even tested it again a few days ago on a level 20 Nox and it still didn't kill it in one shot.  It took three stealth melee finishers to kill that little 20 lvl Nox using Sleep Arrow to make sure that it stayed unalerted.  This is how I know your claim isn't correct.  

I know exactly how Stealth damage and stealth melee finishers work.  I use it all the time to rank up weapons quickly.  

On 2017. 08. 03. at 0:58 AM, tarfeef101 said:

Um... SO many reasons

• ranged weapons require aim. melee requires you pressing e
  • ranged weapons don't have scailing damage, melee does
  • you can't infinite stealth-cheese with naramon
  • you have to be vulnerable to shoot enemies (the have to see you cause you gotta see them).
    • this is in contrast with people melee-ing from another side of a door. you can shoot guns with punch through through a door, but not with the same efficacy

You say you get your &#! kicked with melee in different environments than normal PvE gameplay, but that's just it. THAT'S NOT THE SAME SETTING!!! In normal gameplay, melee requires no skill, scales, and can be used to cheese anything with no real challenge.

Guns require so much skill in Warframe. Yeh, Snipers in Conclave and ppl still hit a bulletjumping person in Conclave with snipers... So I can not see how guns are skilled in PvE. And with melees You need to close the gap, Thats already requires more skill then pressing left click while looking at the enemy. 

"you can't infinite stealth-cheese with naramon" 

You can and I hope You meant that, cuz otherwise that sentence would not help your argument at all, but what, If you can? Not everyone uses It and You dont need to use It. You can use It, If you want and It can make melee easier and less skilled, but that does not make overall melee mechanics more op then that of the guns. 

On 8/9/2017 at 7:09 PM, HUNDarkTemplar said:

Guns require so much skill in Warframe. Yeh, Snipers in Conclave and ppl still hit a bulletjumping person in Conclave with snipers... So I can not see how guns are skilled in PvE. And with melees You need to close the gap, Thats already requires more skill then pressing left click while looking at the enemy. 

"you can't infinite stealth-cheese with naramon" 

You can and I hope You meant that, cuz otherwise that sentence would not help your argument at all, but what, If you can? Not everyone uses It and You dont need to use It. You can use It, If you want and It can make melee easier and less skilled, but that does not make overall melee mechanics more op then that of the guns. 

Lol "closing the gap". Cause running or jumping is so hard...

Guns do require aim. If you don't think skill can result in better aim, you've never played any shooter ever. You can reduce it to "pressing left click while looking at an enemy" all you want but looking at the enemy for a sustained amount of time, or with 4-12x zoom is a lot harder than just holding e and w in the general direction of enemies. It indusputably takes more skill/effort to maintain aim over an enemy at range.

35 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

Lol "closing the gap". Cause running or jumping is so hard...

Guns do require aim. If you don't think skill can result in better aim, you've never played any shooter ever. You can reduce it to "pressing left click while looking at an enemy" all you want but looking at the enemy for a sustained amount of time, or with 4-12x zoom is a lot harder than just holding e and w in the general direction of enemies. It indusputably takes more skill/effort to maintain aim over an enemy at range.

I do both.  Aim and lead my targets using a bow/sniper and use melee.  I will say that it takes a level of skill to pull off the melee combos, block, and survive.  I'm not referring to using the spin2win weapons either.  Actually doing the weapon combos.  

It's way easier to aim from distance than it is to pull off melee combos and survive while doing it.  Just saying.  :D

24 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I do both.  Aim and lead my targets using a bow/sniper and use melee.  I will say that it takes a level of skill to pull off the melee combos, block, and survive.  I'm not referring to using the spin2win weapons either.  Actually doing the weapon combos.  

It's way easier to aim from distance than it is to pull off melee combos and survive while doing it.  Just saying.  :D

Yeah, but most people don't use combos, and they aren't necessary to melee. Most ppl just slide or mash e.

And as for it being harder to survive, how? You should be 1-3 hitting more or less everything with scaling melee damage. For anything that does hit you, unless you're running a banshee or something else super squishy (which isn't the best choice for melee), you can survive getting hit a few times on most frames up to lvl 200 or so. At which point ranged attacks from enemies will still hurt a crapton anyways