Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Junctions are a bad idea

Raejinn

Uninstalled the game because of these stupid things, why force people to do S#&$ they dont want to do? 

I can't think of one good reason these are in the game, remove them.

Edited by Yaerion
Title edited (stupid>bad).

Just now, AlphaPHENIX said:

I mean, they were put in the game to guide newer players in where to go...

Cause you know, without them you had at least 10 noobies in Region chat asking ''How to unlock next planet?'', every single day.

I remember when I was one of them :D

With the Starchart 3.0 it's much easier to navigate. But I miss the always shows planet resources, it's so unintuitive now that players nowadays always asking where does X resource drop :D

But still it's much easier on the new players since all Junctions give 1000 Mastery, which is very much for new players

2 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

I mean, they were put in the game to guide newer players in where to go...

Cause you know, without them you had at least 10 noobies in Region chat asking ''How to unlock next planet?'', every single day.

I was doing fine without them last time I played, maybe last year or something, came back to this mess.

For every 10 noobs that cant do stuff for themselves there's another 100 people like me who don't annoy people with every little thing in chat and just get on with things.

2 minutes ago, Raidann said:

I was doing fine without them last time I played, maybe last year or something, came back to this mess.

For every 10 noobs that cant do stuff for themselves there's another 100 people like me who don't annoy people with every little thing in chat and just get on with things.

If you played Warframe in the last year then why bother creating a new account? Why won't you just continue on your old account? They would be easier to complete.

15 minutes ago, Raidann said:

Uninstalled the game because of these stupid things, why force people to do S#&$ they dont want to do? 

5 minutes ago, Raidann said:

Going to need to see your work on that math.  If your reasoning for uninstalling the game is because it forced you to play the game, you're probably better off not playing with or without junctions.

4 minutes ago, Doxorn said:

If you played Warframe in the last year then why bother creating a new account? Why won't you just continue on your old account? They would be easier to complete.

It's the same account, I was mid way through the star chart when I stopped playing, came back and now all these junctions are all around me.

Yeah, the game forces you to progress in a normal manner instead of bumrushing to a certain high-level node unprepared.

Although, yes, I do agree that some requirements should be retroactive (like crafting X amount of MR-locked weapon).

Edited by p3z1

Junctions were created so people can actually learn what's what in this game, rather than mindlessly steamroll through nodes without any aim or idea what to do. If you can't be bothered to complete rather easy challenges then maybe quitting is the way to go.

6 hours ago, Raidann said:

I can't think of one good reason these are in the game, remove them.

And rage-posting isn't going to solve anything (that's why it's forbidden by the Guidelines).

We are sorry that you disliked the existing system, but the devs will need more details about what was wrong in your experience (for example, what Junction/challenge caused you a problem, & why). They implemented the Junctions so that the players would have things to do between their quests, and to make sure that they don't unlock planets without having the time to discover, practice enough mechanics of the game & level up their gear at a bare minimum. Junctions give you objectives, and grant you rewards & quests, while attempting to make sure that you learn something from their challenges.

Warframe is a game about doing missions & following objectives. If you don't like the current one, you're free to change & do something else before coming back to said objective. Or free to take a break, ask advice on Region, the forums, joining a Clan. There's so much to do.

Good luck, Tenno.

Since this thread started in a wrong way, and to prevent derailments, I'm going to close it.

I encourage you to resubmit a proper feedback with details & suggestions to improve the system of the Junction, when you are calm.

Thank you for your attention, Tenno.

I hope that you'll find a way to reconsider your position and jump back into Warframe some day. We need swordsmen to save the Origin System.