Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Experience Needs Major Updating

Telluric

I've been mulling this over for the past while, especially with the influx of excited new Tenno after the Plains of Eidolon reveal, and from Skill Up and now admiralbahroo starting to cover Warframe. 

Truth be told, the New Player experience in Warframe is utter crap. I have several alt accounts that I use for bug testing or for going incognito in public chats, and I hate having to play on them. Of course it's always hard to play on a new account where I don't have all of my mods and whatever, but even so, it's so difficult to get through some things that the process almost feels unrewarding to do.

As a chat moderator, I see new players every day that stumble into the pits of region chat hell, and far too often do I see questions like "Where do I go to get x segment", "I don't know where to get x resource" and the ever-present "What do I do now?"

As far as the general tutorial goes, it's a decent intro to the movement and combat system, as well as letting players know that there is lore to the game, but outside of that, new players are confused about basically everything in general.

I see players constantly asking for a taxi to Saturn to get Nano Spores, because the planet that has a resource used for a ton of building requirements is locked behind FIVE JUNCTIONS, which is impossible to complete in a day because several junctions require things to be built in the foundry, including the completion of the Archwing quest, which means build times for each piece, which also locks off the mission until the pieces are finished, which pressures the player into using Platinum to rush the crafting just so they can complete a dang quest. I, for one, think that quests that require built pieces should be allowed to progress while building them, but stopping before the final quest mission to wait for all pieces to be complete. This would allow players to continue in the quest and learn, while letting things build in the background. Forcing them to wait 12 hours until they can continue the quest causes a sense of disconnect and disinterest. 

Also please put Nano Spores somewhere that new players can reach, for the love of god.

A thing I've noticed in a lot of games, even free to play ones like SW:TOR and Heroes of the Storm, will often include boosters or exp packs to help new players level things up and get a feel for the game that they're playing. In Warframe, as a new player, you're limited to low-level enemies that don't grant a lot of affinity, and are all but forced to rely on stealth kills just to be able to rack up some good exp for your stuff. Unfortunately, this dampens the player's enthusiasm for being able to play the game in a manner that is not stealth, and Warframe is a game that caters to all styles of play, not just stealth kills. Giving new players affinity & credit boosters would greatly help out their early days of playing, especially if it was added as a junction reward to give them more incentive to complete them. Even something as simple as a 3-day affinity & credit booster bundle as a junction reward would be something that would motivate them to complete the junctions. Including them in the Mercury, Earth, and Mars junctions would be just enough to give players a taste of how great it is to play with boosters, and would be more likely to buy them from the market after, or go for the gusto and buy Prime Access accessories for that sweet 90-day duration. I've seen too many players who have stated that they played too long without boosters to care about buying them now, so including them early on would be a great way for DE to pick up some plat sales.

As I stated earlier, Warframe is a game that encourages people to play in a style that is suited to them, which is what makes Warframe so fun to play. Unfortunately, limiting players to their initial slot for their starter Warframe and then only one more slot for most likely Rhino doesn't really promote diversity and variety in playstyle. I see too many new players upset that they have to sell one of their Warframes because they want something new, but they like both of the ones they have currently and want to keep them both. I would suggest giving players at least 4 slots initially, allowing them to be able to learn how to bring different frames to different missions, or fill different roles as they learn how to form squads with others. When you're that new of a player, you can't farm for rare mods or Prime pieces to trade, especially since you can't trade at all until you're MR 2. Limiting them to only two slots feels like the game is gumming at them to buy plat just so they can pick from more than two Warframes in their early stages, which is kinda crappy and doesn't promote that free-to-playness that Warframe has been so good at. Having more slots makes them feel more comfortable with their Warframes, and if they want more than their 5 already built Warframes that they've worked hard on, they can decide if they want to sell or buy slots, instead of feeling like they are forced to sell or buy slots. Giving players freedom of choice instead of making them forced to choose one or the other early on is a much better way to make new players feel happy about playing Warframe.

There's going to be so many new players joining Warframe once Eidolon drops; we're only getting the crest of the wave right now. I'd love to see the game be more gentle to new players, because as it is right now, it's almost punishing to play. It would be great if stuff like this was addressed and tended to, which would only serve to keep new players instead of making them feel like the game is a drudge. Steve has openly admitted that the new player experience needs work - now is the time to do it before we get that update next month.

Please feel free to chime in with your own suggestions; this thread needs them.

Edited by Telluric

I know what you mean. I for fun stalk the recruiting chat for new players asking for help with something, most of them need help with limbo or TSD but the newer ones ask for the one thing i get annoyed at.. "can someone help me get the stuff to make cernos" or something like that.. I mean like I got off easy in my days with 2 people who were master 13+ who literally did everything for me.. and I never had any problems since I had op embers next to me most of the time. But now I've been noticing new players who don't have that type of help and are just.. lost, I mean sure the starter mission teaches you how to move but its so easy. I've done TSD, TWW, Natah, glast gambit, limbo theorom and almost all the other quests at least 5 times each with players and they are fine.. But the players arn't (no offence to some.) eg. mastery 4 person I met 3 days ago  needed help with natah didn't know how to bullet jump or use your 2 3 and 4 powers :[ maybe something like all missions are defaultly unlocked or something like that.. But at least give new players a better tutorial and for goodness sake MAKE NURODES AND NUERUL SENCORS DROP FASTER!!!

Yes I know I'm not some vet player but I've helped enough new people to know that the starting point of warframe needs fixing :[

Edited by DannytheBlader
adding ending :P

On PS4 with playstation plus you can get a starter pack that includes 1000 plat, a 3 day affinity and 3 day credit booster. Which sounds like what you think all players should get, and I agree. That boost really made a difference for me at the start. That extra starter plat allowed me to get a few slots for both weapons and warframes, with enough left over for a color palette. And the boosters made me feel like I was making a lot of progress. 

@Telluric You make some really good points. I think one thing long time players love is how complicated and diverse all of the systems in warframe are, but they are a maze for newcomers.

I think the star chart rework moved some planets to higher levels, taking their resources with them. I think that could be the reason players are needing taxis to them for early gear stuff. I think maybe the first 3 planets should be unlocked and have the most used resources so that early players have access to them. 

To add to you thought about confusion, I think a quick, click through guide should be created to explain the following:

-the codex - how it works, what it shows (basically why you should use it)

-mastery rank - what it means, how to raise it (so many players confused about rank 30 versus MR rank)

-mods - how to, what the symbols mean (maybe even a pop up if you mod and don't match polarities)

-relics - how to, refining

These guides could pop up as part of completing junction tasks. To make them pop up, maybe you can select a junction as a quest. Or pin it like other games do.

For example, Click on the Venus junction on Earth, Set as active objective, it now shows up in you first tab with your quests. If you select a specific task it takes you to where you do that task (instead of the mission node), ie apply 4 mods and rank a mod to 2 for the Venus junction. Click and your mod station comes up with the mod tutorial, click through and now you know the basics of mods.

Same could be done using the scan cephalon fragments task to trigger the codex tutorial, and the open or refine a relic ones to trigger the relic tutorial.

A lot of good points in this one, and one thing as well we need even for longevity of new players (which I'm defining in this specific context as "player with less than 100 hours in missions and/or has not completed all the junctions") is better documentation of all the game systems and areas. Currently, Warframe needs the help of its players in helping those newer to the game.

For example, we need better documentation of Derelicts (where they are, what they do, what things you can get there how to get them) and Warframe locations (especially with Octavia and Harrow who are locked behind a quest each, and then the parts are in 3 very different places, but the thing is you don't know where their parts are unless you look them up or ask people) as those are both instrumental in finding the greatest variety of gameplay (what with corrupted mods creating build diversity, and Warframes creating diverse platforms for those builds). Working that documentation into the voice transmissions or into the codex would make it much easier to find things.

That said, it's good to keep a few things for people to find that are genuinely curious (like the Kurias and those who bother to finish all the Cephalon Fragments), but there are some large sections of gameplay that people won't find (like the antitoxins for Earth Sabotages, which sadly don't really even do anything right now, at least that I know of. Also, The Index has a codex entry while Rathuum does not, which is odd), and information on how to find those should not be exclusively on a player-run website, but also in-game at some level.

Edited by MrBubbleSS

I've been playing for about maybe 3mo? Maybe 4 max? So I just want to chime in a second.

I don't disagree with OP on there needing to be a change overall for the various reasons stated, however, there needs to be an expectation that these new players (this includes myself) that they need to use a resource other than their mouths to find help. Take the initiative and go online to the wikia, the forums (steam and official). There are tons of resources available to new players to ask questions and get help with the game. I'll be honest, when I first started playing I never once asked for help or asked for anything. I was quiet. I sat back and figured the game out on my own (wish I was making this up. Didn't join a clan till about 2 MAYBE 3 weeks ago). If I needed a resource to build something whether for myself or for quest, I simply looked it up. I leveled 2 frames before I ever opened Mars because I wanted to simply learn the game and feel comfortable with the basics. In that time I racked up enough resources to move pretty much all the way to Uranus without farming. Maybe I got lucky in my drops, idk.

Overall, a better 'tutorial' would be nice and a overhaul of the beginning would be beneficial to new players, yes. But as I said, new players NEED to be held to some sort of expectation that they try and use all the resources given to them to figure some things out on their own. Otherwise it's just catering to them and that doesn't really teach anything. 

Sorry if that sounds harsh, truly not trying to be.

You make a lot of good points, Telly, and I agree with most of all of them. A booster at your first Junction at least would be a huge boon, and past that making commonly needed resources more available would also be much needed.

However, I'd like to think the Codex could be a great resource for a lot of the info new players need and are missing. Right now, the chat bot in Region is taking care of the role of "Where do I find x?", which is cumbersome if useful. If we had a new tab in the Codex that gave a list of things that drop where, or general information on what various mission types are and what they need you to do (especially the 3-4 different types of Sabotage mission now, for example), it would give a source outside of the wiki for basic information. Not every new player wants or needs the depth of information the wiki has, if they even know the wiki exists. Something in game is necessary. But, due to the wealth and abundance of changes that Warfame undergoes at any given point in time, that information also has to be easily edit-able. Just having text entries, maybe with some still images, would be fairly easy to change quickly, and help fill the gaps of knowledge we all see so often in places like Region chat. Moreover, it would instill that the Codex is a reliable place for information and maybe make some players more curious about what else could be unlocked there. As it is, the Codex is often overlooked and I know many people who don't even know what it's for when they start out.

I also think it's time we up the starter plat amount a little bit, or give some possibility to get more "free plat" for new players early/later game so they can expand their arsenal or buy some color palettes to start with. This might also be tied to Junctions, or even main storyline narratives like Natah or the Second Dream. The Second Dream in particular is a giant milestone in Warframe, so having some rewards to tie off the end of the quest, and give it more finality would be amazing. I was just watching Skill-Up finish the Second Dream last night, and when he finished he asked, "Is this it? Is it done? There's no end cinematic or screen or anything?" and it stuck a chord because I remember thinking the same thing. At the end of many other quests, there's at least in game mail from a main NPC giving some finality to the quest. The Second Dream doesn't have this, and celebrating hitting that milestone with some awesome rewards like slots, plat, or more boosters, along with a parting message from the Lotus or Alad V would feel appropriate to me.

Our community has been filling an amazing role in helping guide new players into the game and introducing them to how some of the complexity in it works, but no amount of players can reach every beginner all of the time. You're right in that it's time we updated some of these old systems and take at look at how things could be further polished. Especially those things that polishing wouldn't take much to implement.

New player experience is a tricky area for a lot of games; not only do you have to relay information that is intuitive yet not overwhelming but also be careful not to stifle the players ability to learn themselves. We've all been in that scenario where a game forces you through a tutorial which is always painful if you're already familiar with the genre or are on a returning playthrough. On the flip-side there are people who are helpless without having their hand held, sometimes going as far as essentially brute forcing their way through the game rather than observe and learn the mechanics to make things easier. Such as someone mentioned, not using the mobility options to avoid damage or even using their other skills.

So how to go about handling it? I think an important step is to have customised missions for Vor's Prize, or better yet most/all quests, as at the moment you're thrown into the regular tile sets and the tutorial left behind on the starting mission. You're relying on people reading information on easy to run by panels then to remember said information in the proceeding missions; missions that don't encourage the use of the game's mechanics so most will end up being forgotten. These maps should have specific tiles in that help drive a point across: height that requires a bullet jump/wall hopping, gaps that require aim-gliding, openings that require sliding, hazardous areas that encourage dodge rolling through them for the damage reduction, etc. To anyone who understands these mechanics it should be a cake walk and allow newer players to practice them. At the same time though if anyone is struggling with the area an adaptive tutorial can kick in, having Lotus remind the player of the mechanic needed. Like how some games offer to lower the difficulty after multiple deaths, these areas could watch for the player activity and if they don't hit certain hidden checkpoints within a time limit the tutorial can play. It's rather telling when you watch people replaying Vor's Prize and saying "oh, I forgot about that" or even running past the information then failing at what it was trying to teach them. A possibility would be adding these kind of transitional tiles to add variety to the usual straight hallway. Even going as far to alter some of the existing tiles to encourage a playground of mobility. An example for this would be the transition between Grineer and Corpus asteroid bases. It has multiple pathways to get from one side to the other catering to all playstyles, as well as verticality get a wider range of angles for attack.

Resources are an interesting topic, and is definitely one that ties into the vacuum discussion.Personally I never had a problem with lack of materials but others really seem to be hurting for certain resources at all stages of the game. By the time you get to Saturn you'll be able to start working towards a Carrier or Dethcube so it's probably at that point some kind of vacuum passive could instead be unlocked for your Warframe. Not a mod or gear, but a global passive for whichever Warframe you want to play, also opening up any companion you want to use. Personally I'd vote Darvo offering a new quest to tie all this together. He teaches the player about the different resources, where to find them, and gives you this fancy new device to make getting said resources easier. The quest could offer the upgrade in stages like how the mod ranks up, going from 6m to 9m to 12m upon quest completion.

Your point about the boosters is interesting, I like the idea of having some tied to junctions. Lets the player actually know they exist for starters, but also provide a nice bonus for those early stages of the game. I don't quite buy the reasoning though, I was never under impression I was forced to play in a specific way, especially being stealthy. As for the affinity, well at that stage I have no idea what is a large or small amount and on top of that I was having a blast just playing the game. Optimising maximum resource and experience gathering was the last thing that was on my mind. The junctions were added after I made my way though the star chart sadly but progressing on to a new planet, opening up new quests, and weapon blueprints would have been incentive enough for me. Point being I didn't feel the need to rush through everything right now, unlock all the weapons right now. I've seen this in other games and I suggested people taking their time there as well. What always happened was that they'd miss all the game had to offer before max level and going back to it when it was trivial and rushed through wasn't the same, and they also wouldn't know how to play, giving themselves no time nor opportunity to actually learn any mechanics. They'd end up confused and frustrated because they can't complete end game content and get bored with the rest. Since this is a discussion about the new player experience, I'd argue it would be better to make that experience more worthwhile rather than the means to rush through it. Improving the available quests and the addition of the open areas would be welcome.

When it comes to the Warframe slots, most MMOs I've seen and tried offer just 2 or even 1 character slot for free versions with 5 or so for a bought version. Since we also have plat given to us to start us off we already kind of have 4 slots. If you're enjoying the game, the lowest plat bundle will get you 75 allowing you to buy another 4 slots. Sure, yes, giving us more slots right off the bat would be welcome of course but it doesn't seem that out of the ordinary when compared to other games. That said, with so much variety to the game it wouldn't hurt to let people try out different options. Changing this could also alleviate the issue of "what to do with my starting plat?". Everyone always recommends slots and you can pick up reactors and catalysts at a Gift of the Lotus, and we've all heard the story of people buying some resource or credits only to find they can acquire both easily slightly later on. Maybe just ditch the starting plat idea and give 2 Warframe slots (40p) and 2 weapon slots (12p) upon completing something or other. Could be some quest where the Lotus brings up building your arsenal and Darvo cuts in with a deal to upgrade your ship for more storage. It's only 2 extra plat than the current starting amount and introduces the players to the concept of buying more slots. Coupled with that a buy before you try would be a great feature, some sort of system that would let you try out a frame to get a feel for its playstyle but disabling being able to earn anything with it equipped. Like how some games disable saving and achievements once cheat codes have been entered.

The thing I would like to add to the discussion that was my biggest gripe when starting out is some sort of weapon classification and rank. There came a point when going through the start chart when the difficulty ramped up dramatically to the point of wondering if my weapons were simply broken. It was incredibly frustrating as it worked well up until that point, everything was modded as much as it could be. I ended up having to look up some kind of tier list to see what people recommended, and sure enough, as soon as I started using these top weapons (at least the unprimed variants of them) I was able to clear all the way to Sedna. It's ok that not all weapons are equal. There are weapons that have the purpose to perform at early, mid, and late game stages. For the most part there are weapons that at least have some kind of superior version be it Prime, Vandal, Wraith, etc., however outside of that there should be some sort of rank allowing players to see what they should be using now, and what to build towards at a later stage. Warframe already has some colour schemes seen in mods; bronze, silver, gold, primed, and riven. Riven would probably be off the list unless we ever get some sort of super weapons or "legendaries" but seeing a bronze/silver/gold/unique border around the weapon would have instantly clued me in to which weapons I should have been using. No damage? Oh, well I'm still using a bronze weapon, I'll try getting a silver or gold weapon. Wraith, Vandal, Prisma, and Mara weapons could each have a unique border along with Primes having a modified white border.

The new player experience is definitely a topic worth discussing since everyone benefits from it being improved and will be needed as you pointed out with all the people joining in for PoE. Especially when you have people on Twitch and Youtube checking it out, it's easy to see where people are struggling. Hopefully we'll get Steve's Sunday Stream back at some point too!

I've been playing for 13 days so the new player experience is something I'm very familiar with. :) A lot of the proposed fixes are good ones, but non-trivial. Two things happened to me to smooth my entry into the game and if my experience can be replicated more regularly I think newer players will stick around.

1) My first daily login reward was a 75% discount on plat. I got a usable amount for a fairly painless $5. It let me put a potato on my starter Excal so I could play with mods immediately and buy a colour palette. Bought a few slots and still have a good chunk left over, but no motivation to spend it quite yet. This turned me from someone trying the game out to a customer, because I was now invested.

2) I got the Frost Prime with Prime promo. This got me in my second frame as soon as my Excal was maxed out. While I was maxing Excal I was grinding The Jackal. Took 23 tries to get the systems BP. Awesome, right? Except I needed a control module and plastids which were a couple of planets away. Considering the chances are pretty good this is likely to be a newer player's second frame that sort of thing could be a killer to their motivation. A change to the drop rates of the Systems BP and the materials required will give a newer player a bit of momentum and potentially keep them around.

One of the things I really like about Warframe is something it shares with other games like MOBAs and Eve, which are the sort of experiences I compare it to. It rewards research outside of the game, and I'm with Zyneris in that I'd be sad to see that go away completely thanks to too much hand holding. Hitting the forums and Wikis are part of the fun. The problem is it looks a lot like a popular Bungie shooter so the people it attracts initially might not realise that, which is why chat is filled with people asking questions a simple google search away. People going into any MOBA or Eve know exactly what they are getting in for, or expect it to be worse than the reality.

3 hours ago, MrDeVil_909 said:

"This turned me from someone trying the game out to a customer, because I was now invested."

Welcome to Warframe! Your point about feeling invested is definitely something I can empathise with. I had a similar scenario where I was really enjoying the game and when a plat coupon popped up on a daily reward it was an easy decision to pick some up. It does make you feel more connected to your account when you know it now has some sort of value. Understandably from a business point of view it would be preferable to have people buy plat at full price but offering things like some boosters and maybe changing the starting plat to Warframe and weapons slots might help with that sense of investment. 

Good thing you mentioned Rhino, to the point where that really seems like an oversight. Most of his materials can be earned on Venus and the planet you would have unlocked, Mercury. However you have control modules and plastids which are in the opposite direction all the way at Saturn and Europa! I have no idea what a Fieldron or Detonite Injector actually are, but possibly control modules could be "salvaged" from Fieldron Samples or plastids from Detonite Ampules. As in changing the system resource requirement to the rare resources for the planets you're currently on.

The number of tries it took is an interesting discussion as well. I've seen this pop up when people discuss acquiring Octavia, Equinox, Nidus, and Harrow and having my own fair share of a high number of runs for a part. I wonder what the expected amount of playtime to get those parts would be, because having it be random means that while someone might be lucky and get 1 unique part per try, others are left questioning if they're even farming the right mission since it doesn't appear to drop. I accepted it at the time that you just kill a certain boss and you get a certain Warframe's parts but after diving into the story as well as playing quests to unlock frames it makes me scratch my head as to why they're even related. Are these parts trophies or guarded by these bosses? In that case why can't we get the whole thing rather than piece by piece? Or is it a reward from Lotus for dealing with these threats? It would be way cooler if there was some sort of narrative that wove through the planet as to why a certain Warframe resides there. Much like how later quest frames have their parts split between different missions, let's say Rhino's parts could be earned on any mission on Venus and by beating the boss you then unlock the blueprint to craft it. That means people could play a variety of missions to get the parts or focus on their favourite one. Possibly with some sort of Silver Grove treatment where a unique tile has a chance to spawn on any of your missions.

I disagree about having to do research outside of the game though. Discussion? Absolutely! However having to look up basic mechanics and their explanations should be accessible in-game. Whether it's done via tutorial, expanding on the codex, improving information shown in equipment/ability screens, possibly having a mentor character to answer some of these questions. Teaching people how to play the game properly makes it better for everyone and doing so in a hands off manner would mean that people who don't need the help or are quick to learn are not hindered by a restrictive lesson plan whereas the people who do need help have what they need at their fingertips to get them going.

I agree with all of this but strongly wish to bring up starting players credit income and costs. When you start you always suffer for credits, everything is a  credit sink and the places to acquire credits fast and easily are mostly restricted to high level play. The only place to get reliable large enough amounts of credits to buy blueprints, level mods, and craft blueprints is the ceres darksector. The ceres darksector that has an erroneous value of credits from when it was the highest grineer planet, at 20k it far surpasses every other darksector until pluto, sedna, and eris. While this one darksector does alleviate a tiny bit of the soul crushing credit grind early on, it also leads to burnout because you have to play those two mission repeatedly to accrue the credits necessary to progress. 

I can only echo most of the points OP and the rest of y'all made.

When I started playing War Thunder I encountered a great system for new players. Instead of a forced tutorial you could start the game at any point and jump into real battles but doing tutorial missions gave you some of the premium currency the game had. You had some of it right from the start but if you did all the tutorials you had a sizeable amount of currency and could buy a booster or more garage space or anything really. If Warframe would do this as well you could give players an incentive to learn the game bit by bit. Want another Warframe slot? Do this tutorial on how to use X. Through that let players earn enough plat to buy some stuff, to get hooked. They will either buy more plat or, and *that* I find more valuable for us as a community, they become an active player that works their butt off to get that sweet loot.

Also several things that I want to emphasize that were mostly already mentioned:

- Make resource drops more visible and the resources more accessible. German chat, which is my home region, doesn't have clever chat bots which tell new players where to find X and at times it is extremely challenging to help every player find the resource they desire.

- Give players more to begin the game with. More slots for Frames and Weapons would be nice so that new players don't have to sell stuff within the first 2-3 levels.

- Take players by the hand in (optional) tutorials and show them the more intricate functions such as market, codex, dojo, trading etc.

- Either openly promote the Wiki or work on a way to make information more accessible ingame. 

- Explain that Warframes are vessels which you control. "How do I change heroes/characters?" and "Do I have to make a new account to get the heroes I didnt choose in the tutorial?" are questions that occur at a far too frequent rate.

On 8/7/2017 at 2:59 PM, Jeahanne said:

I also think it's time we up the starter plat amount a little bit, or give some possibility to get more "free plat" for new players early/later game so they can expand their arsenal or buy some color palettes to start with

I definitely agree. 50 platinum isn't enough to do ANYTHING with other than buy some slots or potatoes, which are more of a necessity and makes the player feel obligated to spend in this way. Not everyone can buy platinum, and new players can't trade their common mods for plat at such an early stage. Warframe encourages cosmetics and fashionframe, and all but locking that off to new players feels punishing except to those who can spend money right away. They could at least unlock the classic palette for them, instead of the middle row down; it's kind of insulting.

21 hours ago, Drasiel said:

I agree with all of this but strongly wish to bring up starting players credit income and costs. When you start you always suffer for credits, everything is a  credit sink and the places to acquire credits fast and easily are mostly restricted to high level play. The only place to get reliable large enough amounts of credits to buy blueprints, level mods, and craft blueprints is the ceres darksector. The ceres darksector that has an erroneous value of credits from when it was the highest grineer planet, at 20k it far surpasses every other darksector until pluto, sedna, and eris. While this one darksector does alleviate a tiny bit of the soul crushing credit grind early on, it also leads to burnout because you have to play those two mission repeatedly to accrue the credits necessary to progress. 

Yes, yes, and YES. Credits were my biggest struggle when starting out. I had all of this plat from Prime Access, but it didn't help me at all when it came to credits. The credit drop rate in early levels is an absolute joke, and it forces players to spend hours farming just for credits so that they can build a single weapon, fuse a single mod, etc. It's tedious, it's unrewarding and frustrating, and it needs to be changed.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:57 PM, Telluric said:

I see players constantly asking for a taxi to Saturn to get Nano Spores, because the planet that has a resource used for a ton of building requirements is locked behind FIVE JUNCTIONS

Hehe, I ran into that issue on my alt account.  Got about 3 forma BP and not enough mats to craft them.  LOL