Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ultimate Solution to Get Rid of the Serration Mod

KavasMasta

Problem:

This is the answer to the one of the Mandatory Mod Issue's that has always been an issue since the mod 2.0 system came out

Solution:

Remove All Flat damage mods and make the Damage increase inherent according to your mastery rank.

Specifics:

• Make it cap at a specified mastery rank (example: mastery rank 10)
  • mastery rank 0 grant +0% :: 1 = 10% :: 2 = 20% ect. (can be linear or a curve)

Pros:

• makes player progress through the game at a steady pace
  • gives reason for mastery ranking and gives reason for a mastery rank tutorial (besides i want this weapon)
  • does not cause problems for veteran players
  • allows a steady learning process and prevents people from just buying the damage mods
  • you won't have to dump all of your endo into damage mods to be good and guarantees max damage at the damage mastery rank cap
  • the inevitable credit farming the 1 mil for each of the damage mods (not point blank and pressure point) will no longer be necessary

Reasoning:

• Serration was always a mandatory mod for all weapons and limits creativity on builds for weapons
  • It gives incentive to rank up mastery to make weapons better
  • Gives some meaning to mastery system

Balancing:

• Monitor at what rank players are when they finish the star system
  • make sure damage isn't too high at the lower level planets

Cons:

• makes players not want to play with people of lower mastery rank
Spoiler

comment: already kind of a thing anyway cause of the idea of veterency and in game skill

• My counter argument is that people will want to move up the mastery system faster therefor this wont be too much of an issue
  • We can make a system that makes them do more dmg when around other people of larger mastery rank (part of tenno affinity maybe)
  • other than that we can add a better tenno mentor system that grant incentive to help them
  • It makes the players have to mastery grind at low levels
Spoiler
  • most cool and fun weapons force you to mastery grind
  • quests require mastery ranks anyway
  • mastery rank gain extra benefits other then additional weapon damage

Comments concerns below please all replies will be made below here

A good counter arguement:

What if i want to have a lower level serration to enjoy lower level missions

Basically i want to do less damage to have more entertainment with lower level missions on earth (excluding survival and defence)

SUGGESTION: i would have to ask for DE to make a plus minus bar on the right to choose the damage numbers that you want (like when you are ranking up a mod) make it not cast anything to do so.

this allows people to have the damage they want and also makes it so you are not forced top have 9 different serration mods therefore making it better then the damage mod system

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So people think that there isn't already a mastery grind for lower level players to progress so allow me to elaborate in this spoiler

Spoiler

All things that already require mastery grind

4   Dera  Hek  Ignis  Paris Prime  Quanta  Sobek  Tiberon  Tigris  Torid Angstrum  Atomos  Cestra (Dual) • Hikou Prime  Kulstar  Nukor  Spectra  Tysis Nikana  Redeemer  Scindo Prime  
5   Amprex  Grinlok  Mutalist Cernos  Paracyst  Rubico  Simulor  Sybaris  Tonkor Akstiletto Prime  Marelok  Talons  Twin Rogga Bo Prime  Jat Kittag  
6   Flux Rifle  Glaxion  Ignis Wraith  Miter  Opticor  Penta  Phage  Soma (Prime) • Synapse  Javlok Aksomati  Rakta Ballistica  Sancti Castanas  Secura Dual Cestra  Synoid Gammacor  Telos Akbolto  Vaykor Marelok Dakra Prime  Dual Ichor  Dual Kamas Prime  Dual Raza  Orvius  Scoliac  Sibear  
7   Lanka  Panthera  Supra  Zarr  Hema Acrid  Pandero Destreza  Endura  Halikar  Lacera  Lesion  Kesheg  Hirudo  
8 Banshee Prime  Oberon Prime Cernos Prime  Ogris  Stradavar Dual Toxocyst  Embolist  Aklex Prime Dragon Nikana  Mios  Sarpa  Rakta Dark Dagger  Sancti Magistar  Secura Lecta  Synoid Heliocor  Telos Boltace  Vaykor Sydon  Venka Prime  Ohma Helios Prime  Deconstructor Prime
9   Buzlok Cycron Heliocor  
10   Tenora   Glaive Prime  War  
12   Rakta Cernos  Sancti Tigris  Secura Penta  Sybaris Prime  Synoid Simulor  Telos Boltor  Vaykor Hek   Silva & Aegis Prime  
13   Tigris Prime   Galatine Prime  
14     Euphona Prime

Spoiler
Spoiler
4   Dera  Hek  Ignis  Paris Prime  Quanta  Sobek  Tiberon  Tigris  Torid Angstrum  Atomos  Cestra (Dual) • Hikou Prime  Kulstar  Nukor  Spectra  Tysis Nikana  Redeemer  Scindo Prime  
5   Amprex  Grinlok  Mutalist Cernos  Paracyst  Rubico  Simulor  Sybaris  Tonkor Akstiletto Prime  Marelok  Talons  Twin Rogga Bo Prime  Jat Kittag  
6   Flux Rifle  Glaxion  Ignis Wraith  Miter  Opticor  Penta  Phage  Soma (Prime) • Synapse  Javlok Aksomati  Rakta Ballistica  Sancti Castanas  Secura Dual Cestra  Synoid Gammacor  Telos Akbolto  Vaykor Marelok Dakra Prime  Dual Ichor  Dual Kamas Prime  Dual Raza  Orvius  Scoliac  Sibear  
7   Lanka  Panthera  Supra  Zarr  Hema Acrid  Pandero Destreza  Endura  Halikar  Lacera  Lesion  Kesheg  Hirudo  
8 Banshee Prime  Oberon Prime Cernos Prime  Ogris  Stradavar Dual Toxocyst  Embolist  Aklex Prime Dragon Nikana  Mios  Sarpa  Rakta Dark Dagger  Sancti Magistar  Secura Lecta  Synoid Heliocor  Telos Boltace  Vaykor Sydon  Venka Prime  Ohma Helios Prime  Deconstructor Prime
9   Buzlok Cycron Heliocor  
10   Tenora   Glaive Prime  War  
12   Rakta Cernos  Sancti Tigris  Secura Penta  Sybaris Prime  Synoid Simulor  Telos Boltor  Vaykor Hek   Silva & Aegis Prime  
13   Tigris Prime   Galatine Prime  
14     Euphona Prime

Indirect Mastery Locks

Spoiler
Warframes 50 300,000
Weapons 302 906,000
Companions 20 120,000
Sentinel Weapons 12 36,000
Archwings 5 30,000
Archwing Weapons 17 51,000
Missions 226 14,334
Junctions 13 13,000
Total 645 1,470,334

The three mastery ranks i were thinking about were 8 - 10 all information from the wiki

8 @ 160,000

9 @ 202,500

10 @ 250,000

For the sake of the worst case argument i will assume the damage will max at 160% at lvl 10

so to hit 250,000

I assume you have all the nodes because all the nodes are needed for things that you will inevitable;y need like for nitain and junctions.

Junctions 13

Missions 226 14,334

players basically get the taxon for free

6000 + 3000

starting warframe +3 weapons

6000+ 9000

sub total of needed requirements that you can get for free ~> 51,344 Mastery rank 4

Assuming you play the games questline (valid assumption because you are locked out of planets if you don't) also most of these are mastery locked anyway and you will have to do much more then just open the whole star system for!! and yes the weapons are payed for by the missions you go on.

The kubrow the game shoves down your throat (which btw you have to go all the way to europa for) also its an audience grab because its a dog, every player wished they were as good as sentinels at one point

Archwing quest

6000 +9000

Once awake gives heat sword

Stolen dreams gives ether daggers

Second dream gives broken war

The war within gives the broken scepter (and orvis which i wont count because -sarcasm- no one ever gets enough orvis parts -sarcasm-)

grand total of free mastery

51,344 Mastery rank 4 + 27000= 78,344 Mastery rank 5

This only leaves another 171.656

so assuming that you are not absolutly addicted to the glory that is the mk1 series you may want to work for another set of weapons (valid assumption and also not assuming you are working for a weapon that is not mastery locked) also you need to consider the fact that people like to test out cool stuff which warframe is in no tight supply of.

id say 8 warframes not including starter (because ash is a ninja frame and other cool looking frames)

36 weapons an average amount of credits would be around 30k per so 1 mil (cost of maxing a serration mod)

2 sentinals cause carrier is a must and shade is cool

2 weapons included

0 kubrows/ kavats -because not worth/ too hard to get

0 archwings

this will get you to mastery rank 10 

around 5 extra wf and 17 extra weapons no sentinals or kubrows will get you rank 8

/cry but i dont want to experience grind the extra 17 weapons and 5 warframes i like my mag and i want to keep her

try new stuff look at the new options if you think of it as a grind thats your own problem a few extra weapons and warframes wont hurt

besides the fact that if you stick to using 1 weapon for too long the game will start to feel stale and you will quit so whatever.

On the note that it forces low level people to buy weapon slots 

1. no it doesnt

2 if you REALLY need to play this game 100% free to play (you have an issue) then you can cycle out what you have 
/cry but kavas using only 6 weapon slots is hard! ..... THEN BUY MORE you start with 50 plat use it

3 not even a valid point because weapon slots were put into the game to actually get players to put money into the game which most do anyway or go do vault runs

On not why not just increase the weapons damage by a flat %160

because it screws up early game on earth and mercury and venus

Edited by KavasMasta
Added stuff

Making it according to player Mastery is... not a great idea.  For one thing, this instantly creates a massive incentive for "elite" players to be jerks, since "low mastery scrubs" would unavoidably be less useful.  Tying it to the *weapon's* level is probably a better idea.  Part of the problem is that aside from Mastery Rank requirements on some of the Junctions (or the quests or tasks needed to activate them) there's not a lot of reason to raise Mastery Rank, and the MR tests themselves range between arbitrary and (in my opinion) bloody awful.

16 minutes ago, KavasMasta said:

~Snip~

No, let Mastery Ranks be what it is. Tying MR with any game mechanisms or giving stats based on MR is a sure way of turning the community into trash. No, Warframe does not need that. Warframe community is by far one of the best. This is because most things you do in this game are for fun and entertainment, not for competition.

The moment there is a competition, people will start preferring the best out there.

And don't think I am saying this because I am low MR. No, I am going to be MR24 after a couple of weapons.

7 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Making it according to player Mastery is... not a great idea.  For one thing, this instantly creates a massive incentive for "elite" players to be jerks, since "low mastery scrubs" would unavoidably be less useful.  Tying it to the *weapon's* level is probably a better idea.  Part of the problem is that aside from Mastery Rank requirements on some of the Junctions (or the quests or tasks needed to activate them) there's not a lot of reason to raise Mastery Rank, and the MR tests themselves range between arbitrary and (in my opinion) bloody awful.

What is said is true. However, people need to understand that there are more reasons to upgrade MR. Higher standing cap, higher trace cap, access to high MR weapons, and most importantly, you never know how high MR you need to use that godly Riven.

Even if people find it boring to raise MR, I would say a good idea is to attain MR15+, so that they can use most Rivens.

No, let Mastery Ranks be what it is. Tying MR with any game mechanisms or giving stats based on MR is a sure way of turning the community into trash. No, Warframe does not need that. Warframe community is by far one of the best. This is because most things you do in this game are for fun and entertainment, not for competition.

The moment there is a competition, people will start preferring the best out there.

And don't think I am saying this because I am low MR. No, I am going to be MR24 after a couple of weapons.

My counter to both of those is that low rank mysteries are guaranteed to have a low serration mod anyway so they are useless (I'm guilty of viewing them as this and most dont even run serration) anyway forcing them to have better damage 

this is besides the fact that high level players dislike player with low mastery players since they move slow and cause the mission to go into max overtime

Edited by KavasMasta

4 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Damage mods should be integrated into weapon ranking, NOT mastery rank.

Warframes get stats from ranking, why not for weapons?

Because then that would screw up early game (you get rank 10 with weapons by the time you finish earth) which would make enemies not even a challenge quite simply the scaling would be bad

Edited by KavasMasta

Not a good idea, Mastery ranks tied to weapons and warframe, getting warframe and weapons are tied to grinding. Progression based on mastery ranks means you're exponentially increasing the amount of grind required to progress.

Serration -> Grind to get serration -> Grind for Endo

Mastery based progression -> Grind to get blueprints -> Grind resources/parts -> waiting for craft -> Maxing it to lv 30

10 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

Not a good idea, Mastery ranks tied to weapons and warframe, getting warframe and weapons are tied to grinding. Progression based on mastery ranks means you're exponentially increasing the amount of grind required to progress.

Serration -> Grind to get serration -> Grind for Endo

Mastery based progression -> Grind to get blueprints -> Grind resources/parts -> waiting for craft -> Maxing it to lv 30

you grind for endo at level 40 area places where mastery rank 1-7 can even get to

besides everything you just said is a part of playing warframe anyway? i have to grind to get my Tigris prime

in my opinion the later is much simpler because your doing more than one thing at once get resources not only for weapons for gear and warframes blueprints is a grind anyway plus playing the quests you're forced to get masteries anyway

it would also define the damage for lower levels 

basically you're cutting out the farm for the serration mod

in fact it would make grinding easier since you don't have to worry about having not enough mod capacity for serration

Edited by KavasMasta

8 minutes ago, KavasMasta said:

you grind for endo at level 40 area places where mastery rank 1-7 can even get to

besides everything you just said is a part of playing warframe anyway? i have to grind to get my Tigris prime

in my opinion the later is much simpler because your doing more than one thing at once get resources not only for weapons for gear and warframes blueprints is a grind anyway plus playing the quests you're forced to get masteries anyway

it would also define the damage for lower levels 

basically you're cutting out the farm for the serration mod

in fact it would make grinding easier since you don't have to worry about having not enough mod capacity for serration

Except that people don't and shouldn't have to get weapons and warframes they don't like. With this system all weapons and warframes are mandatory because it becomes required exp to progress. Slots will also becomes a problem, and if you're gonna say that you can get 12-20 plats by trading, then you're just adding another layer of grind to your system. This system also widens the gap between paying players and free players.

So far this systems negative points far outweighs the positive

The issue is that making it based off mastery would inherently make too much push to just grind weapons meaninglessly.

What I'd suggest is to have weapons gain damage as they rank up (like how Warframes gain stats as they level), but to reward people for playing longer, have an extra value of Bonus damage that can be unlocked by playing with the weapon beyond 30 (based on kills/usage value). Obviously, cap the value, but maybe have the cap be higher for your #1 top weapon for each category? Like, give it +50% power maximum if you play with it up to its maximum threshold, but give it +75% or +100% damage if it's your all time #1.

Ideally, I'd give it boosts in brackets similar to Melee combos. If that were the case, you could allow some higher power tiers to be reached with 'lesser' weapons, and you could base the damage multiplier off the riven disposition, so if a weapon gets buffed/nerfed and the disposition changes, your damage bonus from long use is similarly balanced.

You could even implement a cooldown system, so if you start using something else more, it diminishes the bonus power of your other over-leveled weapons, so it doesn't become a side-objective to max the capacity of every weapon (although that might be nice in certain regards). 

I like the idea that someone takes a crappy weapon all the way to its maximum potential. Imagine the noob who brings a Lato, only to reveal that he's spent 1500 hours playing with it, and it tears through enemies like a Symphona Prime

31 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Damage mods should be integrated into weapon ranking, NOT mastery rank.

Warframes get stats from ranking, why not for weapons?

It makes sense for a warframe to become stronger as you level up. 

But why would bullet do more damage just coz you learn how to use it better? it would make sense for things like accuracy, reload speed or holster rate to be tied to weapon mastery, but things like fire rate and damage are static in weapons unless you upgrade them.

Edited by InDueTime-EN-

Just now, Rekkou said:

Except that people don't and shouldn't have to get weapons and warframes they don't like. With this system all weapons and warframes are mandatory because it becomes required exp to progress. Slots will also becomes a problem, and if you're gonna say that you can get 12-20 plats by trading, then you're just adding another layer of grind to your system. This system also widens the gap between paying players and free players.

So far this systems negative points far outweighs the positive

1 you get mastery from completing the star system which can basically get you to mastery 3 plus to get to the quests you need to get to mastery rank 5 rivens are already mastery locked.

anywho (With this system all weapons and warframes are mandatory because it becomes required exp to progress.(this right here is completely uintrue because the mastery system damage would be caped at anywhere from 8 to 10 making only like 40 weapons -max- mandatory (if you only do weapons)

weapons slots are already a problem other then the fact that all players should use the 50 starting play to buy weapon slots to start off the fact you can just cycle through weapons is a thing being the minimun slots is like 7 Solution to not buying weapon slots cycle and buy and sell the weapons. thats what i did back in the old days of warframe

you're negative points already exist in the game without this change or look at the solutions 

11 minutes ago, Xarteros said:

The issue is that making it based off mastery would inherently make too much push to just grind weapons meaninglessly.

What I'd suggest is to have weapons gain damage as they rank up (like how Warframes gain stats as they level), but to reward people for playing longer, have an extra value of Bonus damage that can be unlocked by playing with the weapon beyond 30 (based on kills/usage value). Obviously, cap the value, but maybe have the cap be higher for your #1 top weapon for each category? Like, give it +50% power maximum if you play with it up to its maximum threshold, but give it +75% or +100% damage if it's your all time #1.

Ideally, I'd give it boosts in brackets similar to Melee combos. If that were the case, you could allow some higher power tiers to be reached with 'lesser' weapons, and you could base the damage multiplier off the riven disposition, so if a weapon gets buffed/nerfed and the disposition changes, your damage bonus from long use is similarly balanced.

You could even implement a cooldown system, so if you start using something else more, it diminishes the bonus power of your other over-leveled weapons, so it doesn't become a side-objective to max the capacity of every weapon (although that might be nice in certain regards). 

I like the idea that someone takes a crappy weapon all the way to its maximum potential. Imagine the noob who brings a Lato, only to reveal that he's spent 1500 hours playing with it, and it tears through enemies like a Symphona Prime

What I'd suggest is to have weapons gain damage as they rank up screws up early game

39 minutes ago, KavasMasta said:

Because then that would screw up early game (you get rank 10 with weapons by the time you finish earth) which would make enemies not even a challenge quite simply the scaling would be bad

but to reward people for playing longer, have an extra value of Bonus damage that can be unlocked by playing with the weapon beyond 30 (based on kills/usage value).

i like it but not relevant to this discussion

going to sleep after this ill check back tommarow:satisfied:

Edited by KavasMasta

Just now, KavasMasta said:

What I'd suggest is to have weapons gain damage as they rank up screws up early game

but to reward people for playing longer, have an extra value of Bonus damage that can be unlocked by playing with the weapon beyond 30 (based on kills/usage value).

i like it but not relevant to this discussion

Doesn't need to be much of a damage gap. Don't think of it with such a limited scope. Warframes, I recall, start with 1/3rd of their rank 30 Health and Shields, but there's no reason weapons need to follow this formula. Besides, the first few levels come very quickly.

And of course it's relevant to this discussion. You suggested a scaling system based on Mastery Rank. I'm simply countering with an alternate system that scales on over-levelled usage. A forum is here for alternate ideas and discussion mate, otherwise you'd be better off with a yes/no poll =P

Mastery has always been just a bonus to players, it has never been a requirement and has mostly been irrelevant no matter what some players may think. It is quite easy to get carried all the way to MR 23 in just a few weeks and still barely know how to play the game. Meanwhile, someone could spend his time playing with just 1 set of gear for a long time mastering everything without their mastery every moving. 

If you tie mastery to something that affects gameplay this much then it would cause a large divide between the players and would make it a lot harder for new players to get into the game because now you have even more players choosing not to play with them.

It would just be better to remove serration entirely end just halve the EHP of enemies. (not saying that should happen, but that it is a better option compared to tying damage to master.

1 you get mastery from completing the star system which can basically get you to mastery 3 plus to get to the quests you need to get to mastery rank 5 rivens are already mastery locked.

anywho (With this system all weapons and warframes are mandatory because it becomes required exp to progress.(this right here is completely uintrue because the mastery system damage would be caped at anywhere from 8 to 10 making only like 40 weapons -max- mandatory (if you only do weapons)

weapons slots are already a problem other then the fact that all players should use the 50 starting play to buy weapon slots to start off the fact you can just cycle through weapons is a thing being the minimun slots is like 7 Solution to not buying weapon slots cycle and buy and sell the weapons. thats what i did back in the old days of warframe

you're negative points already exist in the game without this change or look at the solutions 

You're only suggesting hypothetical cap, if the system is implemented, no guarantee DE will apply the same cap. And it doesn't change the fact the basic system is bad, it forces players to keep acquiring new weapons or warframes to progress, instead of just using whatever they like.

This system only favors you because you're already there with the help of Serration. Newer players have to repeat them without Serration. Not to mention this system will widen the gap between paying players and free players.

Warframes have problems but your system will only amplify those problems.

I applaud your interest in improving the game and for think on solutions but I think that your idea won't bring benefits with the actual system.I believe the main problem(the root) is the scaling of the enemies and the accelerated play-style the game is allowing and promoting.IF you can, go and check my post "Idea 4 BladeStorm" and tell me your thoughts.

Edited by WaterWarrior

12 minutes ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

Mastery has always been just a bonus to players, it has never been a requirement and has mostly been irrelevant no matter what some players may think. It is quite easy to get carried all the way to MR 23 in just a few weeks and still barely know how to play the game. Meanwhile, someone could spend his time playing with just 1 set of gear for a long time mastering everything without their mastery every moving. 

If you tie mastery to something that affects gameplay this much then it would cause a large divide between the players and would make it a lot harder for new players to get into the game because now you have even more players choosing not to play with them.

It would just be better to remove serration entirely end just halve the EHP of enemies. (not saying that should happen, but that it is a better option compared to tying damage to master.

the spoiler answers this

9 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

You're only suggesting hypothetical cap, if the system is implemented, no guarantee DE will apply the same cap. And it doesn't change the fact the basic system is bad, it forces players to keep acquiring new weapons or warframes to progress, instead of just using whatever they like.

This system only favors you because you're already there with the help of Serration. Newer players have to repeat them without Serration. Not to mention this system will widen the gap between paying players and free players.

Warframes have problems but your system will only amplify those problems.

I'd like to believe that when/if DE reads this they will strongly consider the cap also this can only benefit new players because since it automatically applies after mastery tests they dont need to farm endo to specifically use it on damage mods... which they would have to do anyway because no one under rank 8 had a maxed out serration mod (well until the endo system) and even so my mastery rank 8-9 friend still haven't maxed it out

Edited by KavasMasta

2 minutes ago, KavasMasta said:

the spoiler answers this

Making people need to rank up is not a good thing. I stuck to my frost with galatine, soma and atomos for a great chunk of my warframe life and didn't really rank up my mastery until I finally decided to start trading. It would also be hard for a lot of new players to rank up because for them, resources and credits are scarce. They would be forced to intense grinding experience rather than playing the game at a pace that they are comfortable with. 

However, I do like your 2 other points as they promote team play. (that doesn't stop the experienced player to run around like he's playing solo though) But it does make them want to stay near objectives and not leave their team mates. 

15 minutes ago, Xarteros said:

Doesn't need to be much of a damage gap. Don't think of it with such a limited scope. Warframes, I recall, start with 1/3rd of their rank 30 Health and Shields, but there's no reason weapons need to follow this formula. Besides, the first few levels come very quickly.

And of course it's relevant to this discussion. You suggested a scaling system based on Mastery Rank. I'm simply countering with an alternate system that scales on over-levelled usage. A forum is here for alternate ideas and discussion mate, otherwise you'd be better off with a yes/no poll =P

basically grind your weapons up to 30 and then do the star system missions theres alot of flaws with making the weapons increase stats with levels how many times do you think DE has heard this suggestion from this discussion alone in founders chat i heard this same suggestion 7 times from different people so no i dont think that is the solution because:

• it screws up early game because you can just get abounch of people to level up your weapon then breeze through early game <-------- main reason
  • it would cause even more incentive to exp grind 

Sounds like extra grind to me which most of the people in this thread are against if you haven't read

the spoiler answers this

I'd like to believe that when/if DE reads this they will strongly consider the cap also this can only benefit new players because since it automatically applies after mastery tests they dont need to farm endo to specifically use it on damage mods... which they would have to do anyway because no one under rank 8 had a maxed out serration mod (well until the endo system)

The basic idea of Serration is that its progression is not tied to anything other than getting Endo, which can be gotten from any places even on mercury. Your system ties it to weapons, warframes, planets and mastery test. Yet you're trying to make it sounds like getting Endo for maxing Serration is something that new players can't do while it's the complete opposite.

Just now, InDueTime-EN- said:

Making people need to rank up is not a good thing. I stuck to my frost with galatine, soma and atomos for a great chunk of my warframe life and didn't really rank up my mastery until I finally decided to start trading. It would also be hard for a lot of new players to rank up because for them, resources and credits are scarce. They would be forced to intense grinding experience rather than playing the game at a pace that they are comfortable with. 

However, I do like your 2 other points as they promote team play. (that doesn't stop the experienced player to run around like he's playing solo though) But it does make them want to stay near objectives and not leave their team mates. 

I stuck to my frost with galatine, soma and atomos 

all already mastery locked

It would also be hard for a lot of new players to rank up because for them, resources and credits are scarce. They would be forced to intense grinding experience rather than playing the game at a pace that they are comfortable with. 

an incorrect assumption you could go through the game at your own pace with players your level and/or friends that you already have playing the game and just go through the game anyway but with an increase in damage steadily as they do

3 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

The basic idea of Serration is that its progression is not tied to anything other than getting Endo, which can be gotten from any places even on mercury. Your system ties it to weapons, warframes, planets and mastery test. Yet you're trying to make it sounds like getting Endo for maxing Serration is something that new players can't do while it's the complete opposite.

you are assuming that all the endo they passively get will automatically go into serration which i guarantee it doesn't also the credits at lower levels are nearly impossible to get

btw its 20.9k endo and 1mil credits to max serration

though we cant forget im also talking about point blank and hornet strike as well as pressure point which im sure makes it well over 60k endo and 3 mil credits

Edited by KavasMasta