Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC vs Console Builds getting close.. Possible Cross-play?

tenshiamon

So one of the main things of course that stopped Warframe from cross-play was the builds being different. Going through the forums I have not found anything mentioned about Cross-Play being cancelled all together just stuff from 2014/15 even some 16 stating it was not possible. As of right now PC 21.4.2 and Console 21.3.0 with builds so close is it possible we will be seeing a cross-play performance.. PC gamers running with X-one or PS4 gamers? What is opinions of others about this situation? I know personally I have friends on both systems that I would love to game with, but is this something we will see or has Cross-play idea been completely shutdown..

Hate to be the one bringing you bad news, but it's not going to happen.  At least not anytime soon.  There are other reasons besides not having the versions the same for not having Cross-Play.  One of them is Microsoft and Sony.  Also there is the update process for PC and the consoles are very different.  The PC is much easier and streamlined for DE to do at a moments notice.  This isn't the case with consoles as they have to go through certification process first.  The cert process isn't free for DE.  Another issue is that PC would have to delay all updates until the consoles versions are ready so that they stay in sync.  

The reason why this is never gonna happen is because the PC build is done weekly. Submitting an update to the console costs money, I think, because they both have to certify that the builds work properly on each console. And they want to make sure that the patches in console are already the best they have for the current version. So when PoE Launch, the console update would include the million hotfixes that comes after that.