Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban's Inferior Ultimate

Shockwave44

Now bring in the Nova, Mag, Ember, Volt, Saryn, and Rhino, the Vauban quickly becomes worthless.

This topic was made only for self satisfaction, i think he wants to make vauban like the other frames so he still gets to use his Vauban despite that he thinks the other warframes can "insta-kill" everything. Vauban is not meant to kill everything Vauban is a warframe designed to be useful regardless of what wave it is. Sure the Ember can kill everything on wave 5 or wave 10 when it comes to wave 25 and above all other frames that have the skill that you say can "insta-kill" everything loses its ability to do so. Vauban on the other hand can use his skill regardless because it can do what its meant to do no matter what wave it is. Have another warframe with the tons of damage ult with you on wave 25 on high level defenses see if they even last 2 maybe even 1 wave without you putting down a bastille. And as for other warframes most warframes are faction reliant try putting a potatoed volt with formas on a wave 15 infested defense see if he can do what vauban does to EVERY faction on ANY wave number. Vauban is one of the most useful warframes just because his abilities scale with the enemies spawning.

I do -kinda- agree with the OP that vortex doesn't really seem worth it's energy cost. It's good for corralling groups of enemies for someone else to use their Ult. on, but so is Loki's decoy or mag's pull, and those don't cost 100 energy. If DE doesn't want to buff Vortex's damage or range, they should at least switch it's energy cost with bastille, as the latter tends to be the more useful CC ability anyway.

Vauban still plays a huge part in defenses and even does a good job outside of defense, Frost as well.

You should stop trying to make Vortex kill and actually use VAUBAN so you can make yourself useful to your TEAM. You should be using Tesla and Bastille, instead of wasting 100 energy for nothing. Even then, Vortex still clusters enemies for a good followup from a TEAM member.

That's called being part of the TEAM and contributing to said TEAMWORK.

"Silly Banshee, why are you using Silence? You'd be more useful if you'd just use Sonic Boom, Sonar, or Sound Quake."

FYI, I used Tesla and Bastille and never touched Vortex before said nerf.

Throw teslas on anything, or even yourself then run and gun. (Both defense and non defense. More effective with Focus and Flow mods)

Bastille should always be the go to for Defense. (More effective when maxed with Stretch, Continuity and Constitution)

Edited by Volitation

How is that Vortex, that enables your party members to effectively kill the enemies, a waste of 100 energy? Vortex gathers opponents, making it easier to hit all of them. Don't tell me you want to do it for the kills, because this is a team game and such point of view shouln't be taken in a team game.

At the moment Vortex is realy just a different version of Bastille.

I mean...Bastille is even more usefull in my opionion

Also most of Vaubans abilitys have bugs. a lot of them.

Immortal and Invisible enemys? sure

Not triggering abilitys? ok

Not ending abilitys without effect? yup

You know.

the Torid and Vortex go really well together.

^that. a lot.

vauban is all about crowd control. vortex is just an aspect of that CC, which will let you use AoE guns to their maximum efficiency.

Torid, Ogris, Thunderbolt+metal auger, it's your pick. but torid most of all. insane DoT on a small area. get a Mag friend to pull everything in the vortex and enjoy.

If vortex didn't also affect the players, then at least you could run up to the ball of enemies and aoe charge melee them. Fix the trollish nature of the power and it would be worth the 100 energy.

Edited by elindred

Oh dear, someone is stealing you "kills"?

This is not CoD. Stop complaining about how people steal your kills. Also, Vauban is still helpful in all ways. He is full utility, I seen one so useful for a T3 defence. Holding the foes up may not seem much, but it does when you have uber mobs.

" This game should be about teamwork."

"Using the vortex, it swallows all the enemies close by and slowly eats away at their health. During this time, I have personally experienced players who would run up and perform a rhino stomp, world on fire, crush etc and kill everything in the vortex."

It helped the team did'nt it?

Teamwork right there.

" This game should be about teamwork."

"Using the vortex, it swallows all the enemies close by and slowly eats away at their health. During this time, I have personally experienced players who would run up and perform a rhino stomp, world on fire, crush etc and kill everything in the vortex."

It helped the team did'nt it?

Teamwork right there.

Or use torid/ogris. is pretty much a must since those toys synergy sooooo well with vauban ult

Edited by Dasmir

Not too many frames can solo Xini to 20 easy and make mobile defense T3 trivial and play key role on T3 regular defense and make it easy to res teamates etc...you don't know how to use him correctly and yes his ult isn't perfect but you do realize you get to shoot at the defenseless enemies stuck in the vortex right???

You know what the funniest thing is?

He complains that he can't kill everything himself

No... I didn't, nice try though.

I have to spell it out for you apparently. Why use Vauban when someone like ember can engulf the entire room?

Edited by Shockwave44

Yeah OP, god forbid stuff like group synergy exist in this game, where you use an ability that then makes it easier for other frames to use their ability in conjunction. Combos like Vortex + any other AoE in the game shouldn't exist unless you get 100% of the kill credit, right?

I say this with a twice-forma'd Vauban, btw. How about you think "Wow look at how much synergy my vauban brings to the table!" instead of "OMG I can't has ALL the killz?! But I deserve ALL the killz!!1one1!

I figure I should say that you're not using the right 'frame.

If you want to press 4 and kill everything, get a frame who can do that.

Vauban (in my eyes) isn't meant for god-tier damage. He's stronger as a utility, and with proper weapon set-up, along with proper thinking, he becomes an invaluable asset to a Cell.

From causing hordes of enemies to float harmlessly in the air to protect an artifact/incapacitated ally, to tossing endless balls on a hostage for for his own stun-defense, Vauban has many uses.

However, if you're just playing Defense maps, you may need to wait a few waves before everyone sees you shine.

EDIT: Whoops, kinda missed the target there.

His ultimate acts as a great time-buyer. While it doesn't kill anything, tossing the Vortex into a massive horde renders them completely useless for a grand amount of time.

Where Bastille fails to capture some enemies (ex: Seekers and rollers), Vortex is indiscriminate, and absorbs all enemies who are close by.

I will admit, I wish it would have enough power to at least kill some of the lighter enemies, but it suffices as a way of buying time to protect objectives, or help a hostage through a choke point that now has been cleared.

Overall: I believe a buff of sorts would be nice, though I don't consider it necessary, as far as my experience has gone.

An ultimate that just "buys time" is very underwhelming.

Yeah OP, god forbid stuff like group synergy exist in this game, where you use an ability that then makes it easier for other frames to use their ability in conjunction. Combos like Vortex + any other AoE in the game shouldn't exist unless you get 100% of the kill credit, right?

I say this with a twice-forma'd Vauban, btw. How about you think "Wow look at how much synergy my vauban brings to the table!" instead of "OMG I can't has ALL the killz?! But I deserve ALL the killz!!1one1!

You're missing the point. It's not making it easier for them. Look at the ember picture. The enemies are dead long before they even get to the vortex.

Edited by Shockwave44

I do -kinda- agree with the OP that vortex doesn't really seem worth it's energy cost. It's good for corralling groups of enemies for someone else to use their Ult. on, but so is Loki's decoy or mag's pull, and those don't cost 100 energy. If DE doesn't want to buff Vortex's damage or range, they should at least switch it's energy cost with bastille, as the latter tends to be the more useful CC ability anyway.

That's a good idea.

How is that Vortex, that enables your party members to effectively kill the enemies, a waste of 100 energy?

It doesn't help them when their ult can cover 10x more area than the vortex.

Look at the pictures. Nova and ember can kill most things on the map at once. How would the vortex help with that? Yes, it would be nice to be about teamwork but the other players have no use for him until passed wave 20 or so. Up until then, they can run the whole map. It's not about kills, it's about being useful.

Edited by Shockwave44