Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I find Loki prime useless

maxcwng

Question

11 answers to this question

Go google about stealth crit and when using alarming guns put Hushed Invisibility aug mod
And imagine this 50 min into a survival mission what do the enemyy have....sticks..because of his 4

Edited by Rabbid-
more information

I have 2 builds that I use.

The first is for solo play.  I max out my duration for staying invis as long as possible, and I run Hushed Invisibility so that I can shoot with impunity and not alert enemies.

The second is for group play.  For this, go with max range and Irradiating Disarm.  Spam 4 to disarm enemies and make them fight each other.  Use your 1 for a decoy or to draw enemies into an area after they've been disarmed for an AoE weapon to finish them off.  Use 1 plus 3 to cover large distances quickly and easily.

Loki is actually very versatile and very useful in both solo and team situations.

7 minutes ago, maxcwng said:

Low health, low shield

Doesn't matter if nobody can see and thus attack you.

8 minutes ago, maxcwng said:

useless against crowds

Besides freedom of choice in (e.g. slow AoE) weaponry because, again, invisiblessed,
there's thing lil' ability called Radial Disarm which (has a neat Augment and) is plenty useful methinks.

Granted, Ivara has taken Loki's place for solo Spy cheese on my end,
plus of course there's OPtavia, but he still does just fine in a variety of missions.

... eh, maybe a little buff wouldn't hurt, dunno.

Irradiating disarm build = CC for days. Hate bombards/ Arsons/ etc? give this build an eye fudgery.

Invisibility build = brain dead mode with pure stealth damage carnage. Slap spin to win melee build (crit + combo multiplier) and you'll be downing level 140+ enemies like they're butter once you hit the right multiplier threshold. Pseudo CC since you'll be wiping the zone quickly enough.

Teleport build (paired with Irradiating disarm since they pretty much benefit from the same setup) = make mates a tank for several seconds. Can pretty much slide in your pinned team members while you get in the heated crowd with near 0 danger with some invisibility to get a quick juke outta said area.

Decoy build(?)  uh..... a second or two worth of aggro "attractor" for a quick getaway I guess.

Honestly, Loki is one of the very few, if not only, frame I rather have DE not touch at all. He does his intended job fine, and can be used in creative ways to adapt to pre much any scenario.

Edited by Tsardova

As Loki, you're the master of deceiving the enemy. His weak survivability stats are compensated with almost game breaking kit. He can stay clinged against walls for 50 seconds (even minutes when modified for Wall Latch). It is essential to stay invisible, disarm the enemy, and take them down as quickly as possible.

Loki is all about his kit. Max range, duration and efficiency, and Irradiated Disarm may very well be the single most powerful augment (barring Assimilate maybe). Favor silent weaponry (enough extremely powerful silent weapons to choose from), or if you prefer, Hushed Invisibility also works wonders. He goes down very easily yes, but use his abilities together and most enemies won't even be able to reach you, let alone hit you. Just be wary of nullifiers and Scrambus/Comba units, they can and will ruin your day if you don't take extra precautions when they show up at higher levels.

Hushed Invisiblity augment is great for solo. Who doesn't want silent shotguns?

Irradiating disarm augment is great for CC with group (no need to disarm if they can't see or hear you).

Covert lethality mod for dagger is obviously pretty good.

Rank 2 Energy Overflow of Zenurik focus school can replenish the energy used by invisibility before the invisibility (with half decent duration) has run out giving you pretty much endless invisibility for the mission regardless of energy orb drops.