Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should warframe be expanded to the switch?

modifiedjaymill

2 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Take a look at Splatoon.

That's Nintendo's understanding of "violence". If they'd see Warframe, they would call the cops.

Doom and Wolfenstein were announced for the system last month. Argument is invalid.

2 hours ago, Dongwook23 said:

Srsly buddy.

You bumped an old thread. Make a new one if you want to discuss having the game on the system.

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2017 at 5:00 PM, Aurea_Hiigara said:

A game this violent?

On Nintendo's hardware?

Like that'll ever happen.

And then Doom came out on the nintendo switch.... goes to show you anything can happen.

Yeah, i'm bumping an old thread here, but now that the dust is settling, I can give an opinion on the matter. For the Switch to be able to function with warframe is possible. In fact, there wouldn't be much in way of program changes... unless they want to program around the motion controls, but if they want to save money, it's a simple port over. The game data space that is required for PC is 20+ GB (mine says 18GB and that with the recent plains update). With optimization and lower resolution, that can drop a good sum of GB (like how they had Doom that was like 71GB to 21GB (of course they did more than optimization and lower resolution, but hey)). The Switch system has a 30GB base with the extension of microSD making the warframe more than possible to be able to play on the switch. The cost as a player would be the Nintendo online play pass thingy which is like what... $15 a year? allowing you to play games online. However, there are downsides which are like the costs of having new servers for switches and the risk of gaming population... and I mention the population because of how other people are downgrading the switch and are not supporting the idea of warframe on switch. All in all, it's really up to DE and how much they really want to move to the switch.

In any case, I would support DE move towards the switch if they were to move that direction. I know some of you will nitpick the things I have said, but I want to ask you a simple question before you make your comments, "Would you support having Warframe on the switch?" This is not a question of whether the switch is capable or it's specs, it's a question of "if it happens, would you go for it"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its at least interesting to see how people who clearly doesnt even own a switch are actively trying to not have it ported, the prejudice against the nintendo switch is stunning.

Most of the switch owners are not children, they(we) are mostly 25-35 years old males, and given the high sales for almost anything on the switch DE should expect a higher monetization from the switch than from PC, PS4 or XBOX.

Edited by rockscl

On 12/13/2017 at 9:35 AM, DrakoKnight48 said:

Wouldn't work. One of the main selling points with the Switch is that you can take it anywhere on the go. Except anywhere that doesn't have an internet connection because Warframe is an online game. So you wouldn't be able to take the switch on long road trips.

more than half of the stores in my town have free internet, some of them good and some of them bad. Either way, I still have managed to play splatoon 2 online and away from home with no problems. If I'm really that desperate, I can get out my mobile and activate the hotspot. There are quite a few deals out there with unlimited data and they are not too bad. (seriously, there's like a deal for $50/month of unlimited talk, text, and data. And there are some that are lower than that.) But if you are really wanting to save all that money for your long road trip, you are more than welcome to. I just find your point not having much weight to be valid. Not trying to be offensive or anything.

Edited by BlueOwlRest

On 8/29/2017 at 6:00 PM, Aurea_Hiigara said:

A game this violent?

On Nintendo's hardware?

Like that'll ever happen.

Did I miss something? Has the gore and violence in the Switch’s DOOM port been replaced with glitter and unicorns with a tacked on Nintendogs feature except instead of dogs it’s demons from the pit of hell? Seems legit.

On 12/13/2017 at 8:35 AM, DrakoKnight48 said:

Wouldn't work. One of the main selling points with the Switch is that you can take it anywhere on the go. Except anywhere that doesn't have an internet connection because Warframe is an online game. So you wouldn't be able to take the switch on long road trips.

I travel for the majority of my business.  I have backed my driving time down from a little over 100,000 miles per year to roughly 60,000 miles per year.

I bring a PS4 everywhere I go.  I rarely ever have an evening that I am unable to go online and play.