Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Razorback Armada...

BL4CKN0ISE

I'm pretty new to this game so bear with me. I see this new Razorback Armada alert and I think "this sounds fun".  Then I realize I need a Razorback Cypher to do it and 4 cryptographic alu to build it. No problem. I don't mind farming. So I play that Galilea mission once and nothing. The second time I get three cryptographic alu and after two more times I get the fourth. Great. That probably took about 30 minutes, but whatever. I play the actual Razorback mission and it's over in a few minutes. Okay, I guess it's about the rewards. Then I notice I need to grind again just to rebuild the cypher? PLEASE tell me this isn't normal for this game? Why would DE think this is fun? Yay, I'm just gonna play the same Galilea mission over and over again and pray to the RNG gods. WHY? :sad:

Yeah that's normal for this game, there's no fun once you beat the starchat basically - it's all about grind.

But still you should be getting 10 to 20 thingies per run. You're either killing too slow or missing most of it.

Edited by -Temp0-

21 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Yeah thats normal and expect to be repeating a lot, looks like the gorgon wraith parts have replaced the old 60/60 mods

People should be more specific when they ask DE to revamp a drop pool I guess =p

My issue is that the mission is just boring. It's easy, but a lot of tedium with so much mess going on it's hard to make out what's happening. At least the Fomorian was quick. Running through the maze of a ship, having lockdowns triggered again and again by some groups and having to hack, then having to hack to get in the room, then having to hack to free the bursas, then having to hack the bursas, then finally getting to DPS; does that sound like fun to do over and over and over again?

Token system would be nice, but nah, let's keep it RNG for everything so you can grind til your eyes bleed or let someone else do it for you and buy the drops for plat.

17 minutes ago, True_Naeblis said:

People should be more specific when they ask DE to revamp a drop pool I guess =p

My issue is that the mission is just boring. It's easy, but a lot of tedium with so much mess going on it's hard to make out what's happening. At least the Fomorian was quick. Running through the maze of a ship, having lockdowns triggered again and again by some groups and having to hack, then having to hack to get in the room, then having to hack to free the bursas, then having to hack the bursas, then finally getting to DPS; does that sound like fun to do over and over and over again?

Token system would be nice, but nah, let's keep it RNG for everything so you can grind til your eyes bleed or let someone else do it for you and buy the drops for plat.

There was one other benefit of the formorian mission, we could trigger the 'final stage' even if the others weren't there.  There seems to be a fair few players who insist on going round looking for ayatan sculptures because supposedly the drop rate is pretty high. 

Lockdowns are pretty easy to stop, just take the liset and use it's ability, although the lockdowns were on the 'fix list' so don't trigger as much. 

At the rate my drops are going I'll likely be out of polymer again when this event is over...

I think we'd all appreciate a token system, it worked so well with the rework event for ambulas, I have no idea why it's not being implemented on these missions either because at the end of the day I only need 1 set of gorgon wraith parts, not the however many I'm going to end up with, and ideally 1 each of the mods.  It's not like the forum has posts 'daily' about how we dislike the grind or anything...

18 hours ago, True_Naeblis said:

Be glad that they removed a bull*** lockouts of the whole map as soon as one camera spotted you, decreased bursas' spawn rate and by the looks of it their status effects and toned down razorback's health + cut down some resource's cost on making a ciphers (yet it's still all bs of course but it was almost unbearable before). It was at least twice as boring an annoying before, only took them a year too lmao.

On 02/09/2017 at 4:19 PM, -Temp0- said:

Be glad that they removed a bull*** lockouts of the whole map as soon as one camera spotted you, decreased bursas' spawn rate and by the looks of it their status effects and toned down razorback's health + cut down some resource's cost on making a ciphers (yet it's still all bs of course but it was almost unbearable before). It was at least twice as boring an annoying before, only took them a year too lmao.

shame they didn't make the drop rates better, the drop rates for the gorgon wraith parts is just too high.  I need one set of those, I do not need 6,7 or even more sets of the same weapon, that really isn't going to be very popular on trade due to the really high drop rates of it's parts. 

The changes they've done are nice but when the drop rate for the mods suck, it turns the mission into a chore rather than a small distraction and a bit of fun.  IMO the drop rates shouldn't be so bad that we end up doing 40-50 or more runs of the same repetitive mission and not have every mod/part that is supposed to drop from the mission (I've now done around 40 runs and still missing searing steel which to put it bluntly is taking the *). 

If only the dev's would give us the token system they tested out during ambulas, it would give us the choice of spending ages on it to get everything or allow us to get the missing item(s) we need without spending our entire gaming time getting gorgon parts.