Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A new type of Warframe for login in rewards...

(PSN)ADVERSARY1124

I'm saying I have already put in more time than is reasonable to ask from a player and that it is absurd to say I just want things and don't want to put time into the game, things like primed vigor require you to log in every day for over a year which is just @(*()$ ridiculous considering it is a straight upgrade to another mod and can't be obtained otherwise.

Warframes are too big a piece of content to lock behind almost two years or more of daily logins. 

Locking a Warframe quest behind say 100 or 150 days of daily logins wouldn't be so bad that way you would still have to go out a do the quest to get the frame.

55 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

"Ok, we're starting you off at 400 days login."

If I can log in for 30 secs, get my login reward, and not play for 24 hours. Why should someone who started today not have a way to catch up?

I think people should be started at 0 days. But there should be some kind of way to advance quicker. I mean, the current system is login every day, not play at all. They should try encourage people to play with a way to increase your daily login count (X hours played = 1 additional day).

As someone who is basically at the top end login reward, the implementation of this system would not bother me.

1 hour ago, ShadowDragon000 said:

I'm saying I have already put in more time than is reasonable to ask from a player 

Then stop playing.  Because what your saying is that WF isn't worth playing unless you get the mod you want and then you'll keep playing.

51 minutes ago, krc473 said:

If I can log in for 30 secs, get my login reward, and not play for 24 hours. Why should someone who started today not have a way to catch up?

Catch up to what?  A MR1 player that logged in for two years straight and never played?  Congrats getting those rare mods and having a level 2 Excal to put them on. 

55 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I mean, the current system is login every day, not play at all. They should try encourage people to play with a way to increase your daily login count (X hours played = 1 additional day).

The point of the game is to play the game not to collect mods.  People look at these mods like they're the reason why they play the game.

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

As someone who is basically at the top end login reward, the implementation of this system would not bother me.

It would me.  The system is fair.  Actually, it's a bit unfair to veteran players because newish player get 100% of their logins counted.  Veteran players didn't have all of their logins counted.

A frame no. Even if it didn't bother me, there would be way to much of an outcry thus it wouldn't be likely to happen. The login system as it is is fine to me, oh no I don't have the Zenistar etc. I'll get it when I get it.

5 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

The point of the game is to play the game not to collect mods.  People look at these mods like they're the reason why they play the game.

This. None of the stuff that is locked behind it has any major (meaning you NEED it to succeed) effect on game-play.

10 hours ago, ShadowDragon000 said:

Collecting mods/guns/weapons/frames is the only reason I play. I have long since stopped having fun here. 

Dude, if you're not enjoying the game, then why play?  I don't mean that in an accusatory way, it's sad if you don't enjoy it.  Because of you don't enjoy the game now, forcing yourself to login or to play simply to get a new mod or new gear want be worth it or even make the game more enjoyable.

I play it because some of my friends still do, honestly I'm pretty far past being able to enjoy games, at this point for me I get a momentary satisfaction from completing them, it will bother me eternally if I have a major investment into a franchise without being able to finish it at some point. I have the plat trophy for every game in the souls franchise and work on getting it for each of the clones/similar games (salt n sanctuary, nioh, surge, lords of the fallen, etc). But getting everything is the closest thing I have left to "fun" in this game, so it is beyond frustrating for all of the time that I have committed to it to be disregarded. I don't see it as a reward for logging in every day, for me it is simply a really unfun quest of log in  600+ times to get the next thing I want, so seeing people want even more content locked behind this system is appalling from my perspective, and also pretty insanely ridiculous, if a new player wants Primed Shred they will have to wait till close to 2020 at this point. Owning the inferior version of something that is arbitrarily locked behind a 2 year wait is just the most infuriating thing to me. I wouldn't care at all if there were skins / syndanas / armor pieces/ weapon danglies / ship stuff but because it contains actual upgrades that can't be gained any other way I despise it.

Until the system is set up so that players can "skip" the wait for items in some way (token per day to afford token-only rewards for example) no, a warframe should not be locked behind 700+ days of simply logging in.  The irony is that while people want a game they'll play for years, they don't want to literally play for years to get something.  That's just a turn off.

Edited by Littleman88

37 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

The irony is that while people want a game they'll play for years, they don't want to literally play for years to get something.  That's just a turn off.

The irony is that the people getting the login rewards ARE people who have been playing for years.

On 7-9-2017 at 2:46 PM, ShadowDragon000 said:

Also F*** them for not counting time played when introducing that system and starting everyone from zero. But regardless no, F*** this idea.

Big flaw in that "argument" is that if they counted those earlier days, those who now have Primed Shred would now be on day 800 or so. 
You'd then still be complaining about how unfair it is that the day 800 is so far away.

And the sundial login weapons are not powerful. At all. Not by a long shot. Mine are all collecting dust even after putting a lot of formas on them.

On 9/7/2017 at 5:35 AM, (PS4)ADVERSARY1124 said:

I was wonder if it would be possible to make a new type of Warframe for the 700 day login reward. Or have that type of Warframe for the 1000 day login reward. It would really have players login to reach that goal.

Well at 700 days you just get the blueprint. Then chassis come at 1,400 days so on so forth. Just hope it's a super good frame.

Edited by blackheartstar_pc

8 hours ago, MystMan said:

Big flaw in that "argument" is that if they counted those earlier days, those who now have Primed Shred would now be on day 800 or so. 
You'd then still be complaining about how unfair it is that the day 800 is so far away.

And the sundial login weapons are not powerful. At all. Not by a long shot. Mine are all collecting dust even after putting a lot of formas on them.

Or they could stop adding things that directly affect gameplay and have no other method to be obtained.

On 9/7/2017 at 8:46 AM, ShadowDragon000 said:

Hell no, that is an absurd amount of time to force players to commit. I already think its disgusting that they have all these incredibly strong unique weapons and mods there in the first place. Also F*** them for not counting time played when introducing that system and starting everyone from zero. But regardless no, F*** this idea.

What are these "incredibly strong weapons" and mods you speak of? The Z weapons aren't very strong at all. Most are average at best with a gimmick alt fire. Primed mods aren't that much better then the normal ones if looking at the big picture. Since unless your always going to the highest levels of enemies and scaling you'll be over killing the enemies with the normal mods just fine.

The real reason that they will never put a warframe in, is warframes take up alot of there resources, they make money on selling them in market with plat, and so forth they would never lock all that work behind a 3-4 year time wall. They would loose all profit they usually make on releases of new frames and weapon sets that come with them. 

47 minutes ago, Andaius said:

Primed mods aren't that much better then the normal ones if looking at the big picture.

I remember when Prime Vigor was announced.  Everyone lost their minds.

Primed Vigor was released and a collective "Mehhhhh" could be heard.

I think I use it on one rarely used warframe.

Just now, Troll_Logic said:

I remember when Prime Vigor was announced.  Everyone lost their minds.

Primed Vigor was released and a collective "Mehhhhh" could be heard.

I think I use it on one rarely used warframe.

Well it is double the effect, but vigor isn't used that often in the first place. I just got it on monday and to using it I have to forma my frames that use it again if  want to fit it in and first I need to level it! thats another like what 2 mill and 20-30K endo that I'll have to get!