Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How can I increase the chance of getting a 75% discount?

Onyxeagle171

Question

34 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I feel like this might actually work.

When I quit Warframe for a few months due to Borderlands3 releasing

then finally came back to WF, I feel like I got a bunch of Coupons and Boosters in the next few days.

Way more than I remember seeing on average.

?could be I'm imagining patterns that are really just RNG? ?or could be that there are hidden mechanics to the Login Rewards that try to give you good stuff if you've been absent to get your re-hooked?

It's not just your imagination.... If you stop playing for exactly Two Weeks... You'l get the Maximum Bonus Coupon when you return for The First Time....

il y a 5 minutes, SpicyDinosaur a dit :

do you have any sort of evidence to base this on?

Playing since 2013 and I can hardly confirm this, had a lot of break like a few months and everytime I came back I had 50/75% discount

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

do you have any sort of evidence to base this on?

Nope....

You'l just have to:

tenorn.gif?w=299&h=229

1 hour ago, BeeM said:

Playing since 2013 and I can hardly confirm this, had a lot of break like a few months and everytime I came back I had 50/75% discount

It's always been 90% for me on each +2 Break....

Maybe there more factors at work here.... Perhaps you have to be a Total Freeloader like me to get the Max Bonus 😱 !! Perhaps it doesn't work at all if you continue to use The Companion App....

21 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Nope....

You'l just have to:

tenorn.gif?w=299&h=229

It's always been 90% for me on each +2 Break....

Maybe there more factors at work here.... Perhaps you have to be a Total Freeloader like me to get the Max Bonus 😱 !! Perhaps it doesn't work at all if you continue to use The Companion App....

I don't use the companion app and have been playing since 2015.

But none of that matters from a statistical standpoint. You are just guessing. I got the most 75% off discounts when I first started playing and I regularly logged on every day. Lately I had burn out for a long time and didn't log in for weeks, and I didn't see the 75% off discount. It wasn't even just an early thing (though who knows, maybe they gave them out more then, or maybe they didn't,) I've gotten the 75% and 50% off in more recent years, mostly when I was, again, playing every day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I don't use the companion app and have been playing since 2015.

But none of that matters from a statistical standpoint. You are just guessing. I got the most 75% off discounts when I first started playing and I regularly logged on every day. Lately I had burn out for a long time and didn't log in for weeks, and I didn't see the 75% off discount. It wasn't even just an early thing (though who knows, maybe they gave them out more then, or maybe they didn't,) I've gotten the 75% and 50% off in more recent years, mostly when I was, again, playing every day.

As Always... You just can't count on anything in Warframe... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm pretty sure the "I went on vacation and then got a 75% coupon" is just coincidence / confirmation bias.  I take breaks from the game from time to time and not only does it not increase my chance of getting coupons, I've never gotten a 75% off since I started playing in early 2019.

For example: I came back (coincidentally) right when Prime Resurgence came out, and I had not logged in since, oh...January 2021?  So far, I've only gotten one (maybe two?) 20% off coupons in the few weeks I've been playing.

There are several log in rewards that are specific to milestones, so not all Daily Tributes are random.  I would not be surprised if coupons dropped using a bad-luck protection / cooldown system.  I.e. if you haven't gotten a coupon in a certain amount of time, you'll get one, kind of like Diablo 3 legendaries, and if you just got a coupon, then you cannot get another one for a certain amount of time.

This is speculation on my part, however, so do not take it as gospel.