Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

UPDORT: The Makina has received a balance check - it now releases 260 damage radially (This is affected by damage mods) in an explosion on headshots. These explosions do not damage the original target of the headshot. That's an awful idea. 

Perhaps, in time, I'll try to balance the explosion, but not right now. I'm just not feeling it. Shouts out to @Unus for helping me puzzle this out!

On 2019-10-12 at 5:53 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno ‘Makina’ Revolver

tenno__makina__revolver_by_haruaxeman_dd

"This sleek, streamlined Tenno revolver cuts through crowds with ease, causing massive explosions on headshots.

The Makina was created during a strange transitional period for the Orokin. It was as the Orokin were at something close to the height of their power… but there were some things fraying, all the same. The Archimedean who created it had the time and resources to stylize it so, and to give this revolver its unique powers, but they were never able to make a Primed version. As was common. They saw the pressure to create a weapon without the gold accents and stylization as a unique challenge, never really questioning it.

That would change eventually.

Using an electroencephalographic process similar to the Tollen marksman carbine, the Makina causes deadly explosions on headshots, which can cause up to two status effects per shot. While not possessing the one-shot devastation of the Depezador, the burst damage of the Pandero, the subtlety of the Naga, or the raw power of the Estampida, the Makina’s ability to control crowds and rip through Infested hordes allowed it to stand on near-equal ground with each of those weapons.

It uses a unique barrel that magnetically accelerates (and irradiates) its bullets, giving it considerable amounts of radiation damage. In fact, it’s possible - not likely, but possible - to turn crowds of enemies against each other with a single headshot from the Makina.

The cylinder springs out at a 45 degree angle to the main frame of the revolver, much like a Russian OTS-38.

stats
Trigger: 
Semi

Magazine: 7
Damage: 73
26 Radiation
22 Impact
16 Puncture
9 Slash
Fire Rate: 9.2
Critical Chance: 19%
Critical Multiplier: 2.2x
Status Chance: 28%
Blast Radius: 3.2m
Reload Time: 2s

Special Traits: 

On headshots: Releases 260 radiation damage in a 3.2m radial explosion. This does not affect the original headshotted enemy. (It's not a good idea!) 

Artist Notes:

Alright. Full disclosure, Warframe’s numbers are so… odd that I genuinely wouldn’t have much of an idea of what to do here. This… probably does less damage than the Pandero, taking into account the Pandero’s extra crit, but this has better status. It has crit capabilities slightly below the regular Vasto, below the Depezador,  

The original idea for this was a regular explosive revolver, but Spacelords happened. And I found that they have this one semi auto rifle that causes explosive damage on headshots.

That was perfect as a revolver. 

The design here is inspired mostly by classic rayguns! There’s some incidental similarities to Jakobs revolvers from Borderlands 3, but there’s a reason for that - I was taking some inspiration from percussion-cap revolvers, and I tried to smooth it over and found a raygun-like silhouette.

I just decided to roll with it.

On 2019-11-21 at 12:05 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

UPDORT: The Makina has received a balance check - it now releases 260 damage radially (This is affected by damage mods) in an explosion on headshots. These explosions do not damage the original target of the headshot. That's an awful idea. 

Perhaps, in time, I'll try to balance the explosion, but not right now. I'm just not feeling it. Shouts out to @Unus for helping me puzzle this out!

5 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

@(XB1)Fluffywolf36

What do you think of the new corpus gun they showed off in the latest Devstream?

Hide contents

a1ca3cffbbb4c9d91d01c6da01cbbae6.jpg

Hide contents

9548f24a8090d8d4486537a4a770b191.jpg

Wait a Cotten-pickin minute. Is that?. . . no, it couldn't be, could it?

Could this be your "Zorgun/Zargun" moment?

13 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

@(XB1)Fluffywolf36

What do you think of the new corpus gun they showed off in the latest Devstream?

Reveal hidden contents

a1ca3cffbbb4c9d91d01c6da01cbbae6.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

9548f24a8090d8d4486537a4a770b191.jpg

I'm intrigued, and kind of hoping it turns out to be a semiauto rifle of some kind =D Making battle rifles for the Tenno, Grineer, an independent faction from Corpus Space, and apparently even Infested on my end isn't as hard as I thought it'd be (I could stand to have a few with less than 20ish rounds though. I'm worried that's getting a bit samey) but for whatever reason I just run into a mental block whenever I try to make Corpus ones. Usually I end up with a mini-Lanka and, well, that's just not as interesting.

Also I'm bemused that it looks like this thing.

FDM-L5-Five-Bore-Rifle-FB.jpg

7 hours ago, Unus said:

Wait a Cotten-pickin minute. Is that?. . . no, it couldn't be, could it?

Could this be your "Zorgun/Zargun" moment?

Is it what now? Cause the only Corpus rifles I can think of making looked and worked pretty different. 

Though I do wonder if they looked at some of my thread when they made the Kuva Quartakk's stats and created the Kuva Kraken.

Tenno 'Euston' Assault Rifle/Grenade Launcher

tenno__euston__assault_rifle_grenade_lau

Tenno Euston’ Assault Rifle

One of the Avakan’s rivals for the Tenno arsenal, the Euston is the first (and, likely only) Tenno assault rifle with an integrated launcher. The launcher in question is the Tenno ‘Equis’ launcher.

The Euston Rifle:

The Euston direct-impingement rifle fires lower-caliber, armor-piercing high-crit rounds. Its high rate of fire is both its greatest strength and greatest weakness. This gives it massive utility as a crowd control weapon, overwhelming enemies through sheer volume of fire.

…Perhaps too much volume of fire.

If ever there was a weapon in this game that you’d want to fire in short controlled bursts, it’s this.  Compared to Avakan Prime, it works much better as a crowd-control weapon than a single-target weapon. It has more rounded stats, but less superlative stats. And less base damage. And less crit.

It does, however, have much better RoF than most other Tenno rifles.

Equis’ Launcher:

The ‘Equis’ is a mid-late Old War-era shotgun/launcher hybrid (and likely ancestor of the Zarr) built to cut down on the materials cost of the Poyang. As it was much smaller than the Poyang, Tenno would frequently saw off the stock and most the barrel to create an oversized sidearm.

The Equis, in this configuration, holds three airbursting incendiary warheads that explode within 1 meter of an enemy.  The initial explosion does blast damage and heat damage.

To cut down on logistical issues and prevent Tenno from being covered in ammo, the Euston uses an onboard manufactory to create munitions for its underbarrel launcher. This unfortunately means it can’t fire as a shotgun, and also means it can’t be manually reloaded. Because of reasons, firing the launcher also consumes one ammo unit from the primary magazine. I have no idea how this works but that’s beside the point.

It takes 3.5 seconds per round to regenerate the ammunition in the Euston’s launcher’s mag. The grenade launcher is a separate fire mode in the vein of the Argonak or Stradavar’s select-fire, not something activated by just tapping the alt fire button.

Regeneration happens within one second of switching back to rifle mode. Speaking of which, firing from an empty ‘Equis’ redirects you back to rifle mode.

The airburst mode, if you’re wondering, is so you can happily add punch-through to the rifle without wrecking the grenade mode. You’ll… get some weird results if you shoot through cover… but overall, I prefer this over the complete negation of adding Primed Shred.

Rifle:

Magazine: 60
Trigger: Auto
Fire Rate: 13
Damage: 28
15 Puncture
10 Slash
3 Impact
Critical Chance: 32 %
Critical Multiplier: 2.6x
Status Chance: 24%
Headshot Multiplier: 3.6x

Reload: 2.5s
Ammo Pool: 540
Punch-Through: 0.8m

‘Equis’ Launcher:

Magazine: 3
Ammo Pool: n/a
Trigger: Semi
Damage: 640 (NOTE: Impacting on enemies isn’t counted here.)
200 Blast
440 Heat
Crit Chance: 20%
Crit Multiplier: 3.0x
Status Chance: 32%
Radius: 4.0m
Fire Rate: 2
Rebuild Time: 3.5s per round (10.5s total)

NOTE: Firing from an empty ‘Equis’ redirects you back to rifle mode. 

Artist Notes:

Originally, this would’ve been released on my concept thread alongside a Ganymede update, but… well, my thread has felt stagnant long enough. I felt like I had to do something. Finally getting this out of the way will let me feel happier working on my many other projects, which is good.

I know full well I’m not the only one who wanted an assault rifle with a grenade launcher in this game! I’d just never been quite able to understand how it’d work here. Then I played Borderlands 3, had some fun with Vladof assault rifles, and figured “That’s perfect!” The airburst mechanic is, as mentioned earlier, meant to cut out some of the issues that would naturally arise from how many of us build assault rifles in this game.  

Fun fact: The rifle is built on the Brickwurx Red Ryd-AR rifle. Yes, a lever-action AR-15 exists. Weird, huh?

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

The airburst mechanic is, as mentioned earlier, meant to cut out some of the issues that would naturally arise from how many of us build assault rifles in this game.  

Right now I think they explode to soon. If I understood it right as soon as there is a enemy in a 2 meters radius the granade will blow up. Due to radial damage fall of mechanics the blast will deal significantly less damage. Also due to this massive trigger radiua it will be hard to hit mutiple enemies with a single shot ( as soon as the shot gets close , it will blow up before reaching thr back line )

Regarless of mechanical quirks to iron out. Amazing concept, a simple weapon but surprinsinly unique ( where are under barrel atachments DE , I want a shot gun and a gunblade bayonet )

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

To cut down on logistical issues and prevent Tenno from being covered in ammo, the Euston uses an onboard manufactory to create munitions for its underbarrel launcher. This unfortunately means it can’t fire as a shotgun, and also means it can’t be manually reloaded. Because of reasons, firing the launcher also consumes one ammo unit from the primary magazine. I have no idea how this works but that’s beside the point.

It takes 3.5 seconds per round to regenerate the ammunition in the Euston’s launcher’s mag. The grenade launcher is a separate fire mode in the vein of the Argonak or Stradavar’s select-fire, not something activated by just tapping the alt fire button.

Regeneration happens within one second of switching back to rifle mode. Speaking of which, firing from an empty ‘Equis’ redirects you back to rifle mode.

You might want to consider simplifying this, tbh.

My Leviathan (also a rifle with an underbarrel grenade launcher) had this solved like this:

Alt-fire: Underbarrel Incendiary Shell Launcher: Fires a fiery HEAT projectile, which deals it's damage in several instances. Holding the reload button reloads the grenade mag instead of the normal ammo.

49 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Right now I think they explode to soon. If I understood it right as soon as there is a enemy in a 2 meters radius the granade will blow up. Due to radial damage fall of mechanics the blast will deal significantly less damage. Also due to this massive trigger radiua it will be hard to hit mutiple enemies with a single shot ( as soon as the shot gets close , it will blow up before reaching thr back line )

Hmmm. That's definitely something to think about. I may retool the airbust mechanic based on that. Thank you very much for that input, the "explode too soon" part is something I just never thought about.

Maybe I could reduce it to 1m... hmm.

49 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Regarless of mechanical quirks to iron out. Amazing concept, a simple weapon but surprinsinly unique ( where are under barrel atachments DE , I want a shot gun and a gunblade bayonet )

Also, I'm glad you liked it! I think this is something we've all wanted for a very long time.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

40 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

You might want to consider simplifying this, tbh.

Nah, it already seemed pretty simple. These are all the same rules that Vladof assault rifles operate on, anyway. Except for the barrel switching. That part is just silly. I went with this so players with the Euston could just turn their brain off and use the thing as an assault rifle while they were waiting to switch back to grenade mode.

PATCH NOTES

Due to concerns involving the Equis' DPS and blast radius (Thanks, @keikogi!) the grenades will now detonate when within 1m of an enemy. 

While we're on the subject, here's some of the inspiration for it.

gears-5-lancer-gl-1.jpg(Originally, I wanted to include this thing's portable airstrike capability, but that'd feel.... too much like the Zarr. It'd be like the Fulmin's shotgun mode being almost equal with the Arca Plasmor. There was a very specific AR-and-grenade-launcher feeling I wanted to channel.) 

p1_1971495_0f8048fb.jpg?width=704&height

(The assault rifle under the revolver was a big influence behind the "primitive M16" look I was going for)

Untitled-3.jpg

(And of course. And yes, this bizarre thing does work. Disclaimer, of course, that the Euston is automatic, not lever action. The lever is actually meant to manually charge the electronic actuation in the grenade launcher, but the Euston uses spare muzzle energy to do that)

EDIT: Images seem borked on this computer. This will be dealt with SOON

UPDATE: Sorry for the lower image quality, but this just was not working on the backup computer.

• Like 1

MENTLEGEN, BEHOLD

THE PICEAD (as created by @Unus)

picead-2.jpg?width=500&height=324

As commissioned by Unus for his own thread! If you like anything that I do here, then absolutely go and check out @Unus's:

Lumped Together Mosh-Pit of Ideas I've had for too Long

It's a wonderful thread, full of weapons, concepts, characters, and other things meant to fill out Warframe's universe - a universe that, before the reveal of the Mycona, felt rather empty. DE is making strides in making the Warframe universe more lived-in with things like Fortuna and Cetus, but it's always wonderful to see how fans are willing to shine a light into the vastness of the Origin System.

Especially Unus - to this day I'm astounded by the depth of creativity. He was one of the first people to give this thread any attention, and he's also the reason this thread is organized as it is. I finished a drawing for him when I had a broken back, once.

(Seriously, if you look at some of the replies on the first page, you can see that this was crazy disorganized.

Without Unus, it's safe to say I wouldn't have made over a hundred concepts here, and that this thread wouldn't be what it is today. He's recently come back from an unhappy interlude involving Warhammer 40k content, so the best way I can think of to both cheer him up and thank him is by plugging his creation!

So go on, check out his thread, and comment on your favorite concepts from there. 

On 2016-09-25 at 9:50 AM, Unus said:

Post 82      Conceived 9/22/2016

It may have just been all the smoke from the food stands at the football game I just went to hitting me, but, I think I've hit my next giant project  that'll make my Factionalization work look like it was made in 3 minutes.

Introduceiiiiinnnngggg. . .

THE INDEPENDENT WEAPONS INITIATIVE!

We've all come to know, loath, and love the Tenno's allies, the Syndicates. Unfortunately, we've also been handed the realization that, of the several weapons handed to them as tributes, absolutely none of them are unique to their respective factions. Therefore, in order to inject a minute amount of extra flavor into the Syndicates, I've "taken it upon myself" (oh how chivalrous!) to create a single weapon for each  group that uniquely embodies the group's ideological predilections and has little relation (at least mechanically) to any of the current "derived" weapons in use. First up in the line up of political heavy-hitters are the pride and joy of the meager colonies, Steel Meridian.

:meridian:

Designation: Picead

Weapon Designation: Primary

Hide contents

Manufacturer:  Various home brew  workshops across the Sol-Origin System, scattered and linked only by basic blueprints and the occasional appearance of Meridian supply vessels.

Statistical Breakdown

Damage= 8.5 Impact, 8.5 Puncture, 17 Blast.

Projectile= "Hit-Scan"

Accuracy= 71.4 (Although the dera components and the special on-board "recoil shield" certainly try their best at mitigating the worst of the kick, some of the grakata's ornery nature still manages to bust through)

Cyclic Rate of Fire= 9.7 (Scaled down so that even the weak and the elderly can shoulder it, fire it, and still be able to control it well.)

Critical Chance= 25%

Critical Damage= 2.0 (The grakata-esque 5.45 special forged bullets have more then enough wounding factor to bring down even the largest oppressors given sustained fire and careful aim)

"P.R.O.C." Chance= 15% (though largely stripped away, Meridian has put insights made in dissecting Corpussian weaponry to good use for citizens under it's umbrella of influence) 

Magazine= 60 round dual-lock stripped "jungle-style"  drums (see below) 

Reload Speed= 1.185 on the first reload (all it takes is to flip the magazine around and stick it in) 2.5 for the second (a tad bit cumbersome to handle at times, but still of use none-the-less)

Trigger= Auto

Mastery Rank Requisite= ??

Polarity= 1 Madurai and 1 Vazarin

Syndicate Standing Cost= ?????

Syndicate Rank Level= ?????

Special Trait(s)= Due to the adhesive strip that holds the gun's grakata magazines together, the first reload and every odd number after that is extremely quick, allowing for the responsiveness every guerrilla fighter needs of their weapon.  

At the same time, the weapon also come equipped with a square shaped ballistic shield that encircles the midpoint between barrel and assembly with a gap in the bottom part of the top area fitted with a sheet of ballistic glass emblemized with the Steel Meridian symbol as a targeting reticule, allowing troops to aim for their targets while also maintaining at least a small amount of cover. (+40% reduction against melee and a +20% reduction against ranged when aiming down the sights, -15% aim speed due to the extra time needed to sight through the "scope slot".)

The final icing on the cake that is only available to Tenno Operatives  is, of course, the neural rig. Monitoring the mental and physical stimulation of the Tenno during combat by an easy-to-hide under-skin implant in the warframe's head, the implant waits for both to crescendo. When they do, the transmitter transmits a signal to the frame-implant which in turn travels back to the Operator which forces it to emit a wave of Void energy. The transmitter then sends a signal to the Warframe which forces it to filter the signal into some manner of useful affect. In Steel Meridian's case, their "J-Wave" signal forces the Warframe to emit a blast wave that mimics the characteristics of a thermite ice bomb, jump starts wound healing, and forces the warframe's plating to adopt a non-Newtonian coating that aids in the deflection of blows significantly.

Appearance=
picead-2.jpg?width=500&height=324
From a layout standpoint, the Picead has an air of professionalism to it despite being an ad-hoc weapon of desperate guerrillas and militias. The barrel retains it's distinct Grineer aesthetic, derived from it's grakata components. Behind this, in place of the spiked protrusions of one of it's progenitor guns, a square ballistic shield with a small space along the "rail" portion to allow for a ballistic glass "scope window" section resides. Beyond this, the recognizably long and narrow profile of the dera resides, although much of it's technologically innovative internals have been gutted for black market sale and simplification and it's separately railed portions have been "merged" with outer plating, turning the once railed portion into a proper enclosed gun barrel and the outside almost seamless. Beneath the front, the grakata's gas-block has been reattached, allowing this valuable system to continue it's reliable function for slightly more moral masters.

Towards the back, in the place where the dera's horrifically unergonomic trigger once sat, the grakata's magazine-well and trigger have been transplanted over for a slightly more comfortable fire-on-the-move combat experience. The weapon still accepts grakata drums, but has also been issued with a pair of adhesive high tension dual-lock strips which can (and is firmly recommended to) be placed on two separate magazines, allowing them to be fitted together in a face-to-face manner that makes exchanging between the two extremely simple. Finally, as for the rear of the weapon, the butt-stock is simply a dera's with a few grakata components stuck in to occupy space where the original technological components once resided, allowing it to do it's actual job of absorbing recoil. The only truly distinguishing on-board piece here is the tiny-but-durable antenna sticking out of the side of the weapon that transmits the neural pulse when the time arises. Color scheme wise, though the material appearance of some of the components still remains visible, the weapon's paint job retains the Meridian clay-white/ rust-orange metal aesthetic of the organization, complete with the bluish-cyan reflectors in the places where the Dera's energy displays once were and the prominent Steel Meridian symbol stenciled large and proud onto the dera-bodies' smooth surface.

"Basic" Description=  Never one to merely let assets lay about on the battlefield, Meridian affiliated companies have a tendency to collect quite the arsenal as they slowly crawl from one live-fire zone to the next. While most of said arsenal is commonly sold on the black market to fund further campaigns against the twin giants that are the Corpus Conglomerate and the Grineer Empire, a modest portion eventually trickled down to Meridian's wards themselves for whenever the steel line broke and the opposition reached (and sometimes breached) the walls themselves. Unfortunately, militias equipped with either foe's fallen weapons had difficulty adjusting and adapting to them. The grakata's recoil, already difficult to handle for Grinic troops themselves, was almost painful for a normal man to withstand. Meanwhile, on the other end of the spectrum, looted deras proved to be just as ornery due to the sheer amount of maintenance required to keep them functioning in "primitive" conditions and the lack of recoil forcing precision fire that would expose an already soft and squishy target to even more punishment.

To mitigate this, several of the larger and more entrepreneurial settlements began to strip down these firearms and merge them together into something that colonists could utilize properly. When Steel Meridian's leadership caught wind of this, their approval of the concept was unanimous. . . and their complete and total appropriation of the design was quite swift. Now, the weapon's existence is completely reliant on cooperative construction between Meridian engineering teams and local craftsmen, leading to some not-so-unfounded grumblings that Meridian's blueprint grab was a preventative measure against unprofitable declarations of colonial autonomy. Whether a symbol against oppression or for it, the Picead stands ready as a steady firearm that any willing man, grineer, or tenno would appreciate as a part of their arsenal.

:meridian:

Hide contents

Phew, the first one is always the longest (giggity). Rest assured that the next five will most certainly not be quite this long. Don't touch that dial folks! Next up, we have the Kings and queens of rage against the regimes, the Reeeeedddd Veeeeiiiillll:redveil:!As a side note, Mr. Rhekemi, I am so sorry.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

MENTLEGEN, BEHOLD

Initially I thought the weapon design was a bit off , the bottom part looked like a grineer gun but the rest looked like corpus parts adjusted by someone with some artist taste fallowing the tenno style but looking at the history of the gun it makes perfect sense.

Homemade 'Zagro' Sniper Rifle

homemade__zagro__sniper_rifle_by_haruaxe

Homemade ‘Zagro’ bolt-action Sniper Rifle

"Some rail agents dropped by, flying at night like you're not supposed to. One Solaris, one... well, he said he was Saturnine but that doesn't seem right. They sold us this bolt-action rifle! It looks Grineer made, but see here, Tenno? This receiver, the stock, they're all made out of pipes welded together. And I think there's part of a wrench and some leather used for that pistol grip!"

"See, it uses a Grattler barrel - The Saturnine said they took it from a downed transport. So it uses the same ammo Grineer use in their heavier machineguns, and they customized it so it hits like a charging Kubrodon. And explodes on impact! The rest is mostly made from scratch. As for the Lanka scope, well... you Tenno leave enough broken Lankas every day.

I asked the Saturnine where it came from, and he says it's common enough on Titan, Enceladus, and Siaarnaq. Says one of the only advantages you have over Grineer is distance, and a well-placed shot from this will down any one of them. There's two things that bother me, though - first it's such a perfect weapon for us. Simple, easy to maintain, blows up Grineer inside their own armor... and uses their same ammo. It's almost too perfect. Second, the Solaris said: 'The Business values working with you again.’

He had a Jovian accent, too. I can only assume that means he was working with one of the crime syndicates of the Outers. Or otherwise, it means these two Solaris were with... him.

And if he’s in contact with us again, then I fear for the future.”

Vikra Ohgun, Cetus Armory

CODEX

Lore

An anti-armor bolt-action sniper rifle invented by Steel Meridian artificer Corba Gral and Saturnine partisan Amuruq Lanziver during the Titan Offensive.

The Zagro is a favorite sniper rifle for anti-Grineer insurgents due to its simplicity, ease of use, and the availability of its ammo. This particular version, one of many assembled by hand at Siaarnaq Armory, was built using discarded pipe from a Grineer Galleon, a wrench, discarded bicycle tires, a “retired” Grattler barrel, a homemade recoil reduction system, and a Lanka’s scope. Due to damage to most of these scopes, they’re only capable of two zoom levels as opposed to three. However, it’s possible to use backup iron sights installed atop the sights for use at extreme close range, but at that point you should just use a pistol. 

It was also outfitted with a Grineer-made bipod.

Thanks to its semiretired Grattler barrel, the Zagro fires the same  rounds. However, it uses a jury-rigged “supergun” system hooked up to the sides of the barrel to drastically improve their velocity by creating miniature explosions as the bullet moves through the barrel. 

Due to tampering to increase the payload of the explosive, the Zagro’s rounds are semi-armor-piercing, exploding inside of armor. Against Grineer tanks, Thumpers, Bolkors and other heavy armor, this weapon is a Godsend, spraying hot plasma into the confined spaces of troop bays or cockpits upon piercing the armor. Among Saturnine partisans, Steel Meridian, and Ostron, the perfect shot through a wall  is known as “Fried Eggs.” 

While seemingly outclassed by its counterpart, the Kuva Chakkhurr, the Zagro has multiple advantages. It has a higher fire rate, quicker reload, better long-range capability thanks to its scope, and greater ease of use.

The official line of the Siaarnaq-based Saturnine Independence Front (SIF) has been:

“In the wake of Vay Hek seeding the Plains Of Eidolon with Ghouls, and rumors of Ghouls being mutated by close proximity to Eidolon energy, we can’t afford to leave Cetus defenseless.”

However. 

A rumor has circulated in the Far Rim of the Origin System. A rumor repeated by Bidanians, Sednan Grineer, those few Corpus who man the polar outposts of Eris,  and Barons in the Corpus capitol on Pluto alike:

That something is approaching from the forgotten reaches beyond the Outer Terminus, beyond even far-off Bidan. The ancient God-machines that once laid waste to the Orokin and wiped out the Far Rim once before are returning.

We can only hope this is untrue.

Stats:

Shared: 
Fire Rate: 1.25
Reload: 2s
Magazine Size: 4+1
Status Chance: 35%
Critical Chance: 28%
Critical Multiplier: 2.4x
Total Damage: 300
Min. Combo: 2 shots
Combo Decay: 6s

Normal Attacks
Damage: 175
95 Puncture
70 Blast
35 Heat
15 Slash
10 Impact

Area Attacks

Damage: 125
85 Heat
50 Impact
10 Slash
Radius: 3m

Zoom Levels:

1x - Basic, non-sniper, non-scoped zoom. No bonuses.
3x: + 35% critical chance
5x: + 50% critical chance

Special Traits:
One In The Breech: Reloading with one round left in the mag gives you an extra round.

ARTIST NOTES:

Do bicycles still exist in the world of Warframe? There’s no reason they shouldn’t, but this being Warframe, I seriously had to wonder. Perhaps I can try to make a version of the Bigun that uses generative design bicycle parts as opposed to a normal bicycle frame. That would be funny.

First off - making Sniper Rifle stats is… fairly unfamiliar territory for me. In fact, the last two sniper rifle concepts I made were before I started actually adding stats, to this day I have no idea how the Harken’s weak point gimmick would work with scope zoom levels. Sure, there’s all the battle rifles I’ve made, but I usually keep those to somewhere between 130 and 180 damage.

(…Though with the Chakkhurr being a thing, and the Kuva Quartakk, I wonder if I should buff them a little more? Hmmm.) 

The tricky part here was something that didn’t feel as powerful as the Chakkhurr, except it’d have enough advantages that this still felt relevant. Also, I didn’t want it to outclass the Vectis Prime.

This weapon here was inspired by improvised weaponry from all over the world from real life and fiction - specifically the PTRD, various homemade anti-materiel weapons, and - of course - the Valve. The rifle also has a recoil system similar to that of the NTW-20. No idea how well that works in this configuration, but it felt like a good idea.

The “rumors of ancient god machines” thing, is of course, New War. 

Shouts out to @Unus - here's something cool to look at once your vision comes back!

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Shouldn't that be 1x? 0x would be like infinitely farther away (which is a weird concept, you zoom out so hard, you're at the opposite end of the universe).

I wasn't sure how to write the fact that it was basically just "normal rifle zoom."

So, you're probably right! While you're here, any thoughts on the rest of the gun?

23 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I wasn't sure how to write the fact that it was basically just "normal rifle zoom."

So, you're probably right! While you're here, any thoughts on the rest of the gun?

Well, it's basically a lanka without annoying charge mechanic, with lower zoom for the same bonuses and a big boi 3m aoe, but worse damage and damage types. Seems solid.

Compared to my Demolok (it's an anti-materiel too, which is why I'm comparing, although not counting as a sniper rifle), it's got waaay less damage, but better crit and (way better) status, but seems geared more against grineer machinery and enemies (heat and blast damage) compared to Demolok's superior against corpus proxies magnetic, impact and puncture.

Funnily enough, both weapons feature exact same mag size.

inside spoiler is the demolok for comparison's sake:

Spoiler

korsar_reinforcements_redraw_3_by_hugint

Description:

This precision semi-auto rifle was created to destroy enemy armour. It's stopping power is so high, that instead of having normal recoil it pushes the shooter back. Ammunition for this gun was first designed for orbital-station-grade weaponry. Developed in secret by the Hrokgar Masterworks, like most Korsar weapons.

Mechanics:

Innate: Ultra Recoil: Pushes the user back with each shot.

Innate: Dual Stage Warhead Munitions: Fires powerful 2-stage warheads, which first deal 18?cb=20140124221429 Magnetic damage (with a guaranteed proc) in a small aoe, then deals the rest of the damage

Alt-fire: Modular Scope: Press while Scoped in to switch between a 2.5x/4x magnification.

Design notes:

Not a sniper. Just a really big semi-auto assault rifle. Has low zoom normally, but can alt-fire to zoom closer.

Stats:

Mastery: 12

Slot: Primary

Type: Rifle

Trigger: Semi-Auto

Ammo: Heavy

Noise: Alarming

Fire rate: 1.5 rounds per second

Accuracy: 75

Magazine size: 4+1 rounds per mag

Max ammo: 20

Reload time: 3.0 s

Total Damage: 1850.0

18?cb=20150811174304 Impact: 500.0

18?cb=20150810075255 Puncture: 600.0

18?cb=20150811174234 Slash: 250.0

18?cb=20140124221429 Magnetic: 500.0

Crit chance: 25%

Crit multiplier: 2.0

Status chance: 10%

Damage falloff: N/A

Polarities: N/A

Manufacturing Requirements:

Blueprint obtainable from Korsar Heavy Support Gunners

5 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Well, it's basically a lanka without annoying charge mechanic

Think of it as basically a Chakhurr-Lanka hybrid. A chaklanka or something. Except unlike the Chakhurr, it doesn't come with a reload that reminds you of the inevitability of death.

, but worse damage and damage types. Seems solid.

Unless I'm making revolvers or semiauto battle rifles (Because with the exception of the Quartakk series, I think most Tenno can agree that our current offerings there deserve to be outclassed) like to make sure that these things don't outclass anything that currently exists too badly. Glad it's solid!

Also, I did some math, and the damage seems at least comparable to Vectis Prime. Though the latter will still be able to outdo it on headshot damage. Also, thanks to the area attacks, this can crit twice, so I feel like that'll give it some utility against Eidolons and stuff.

Innate: Dual Stage Warhead Munitions: Fires powerful 2-stage warheads, which first deal 18?cb=20140124221429 Magnetic damage (with a guaranteed proc) in a small aoe, then deals the rest of the damage

...Wait. These both have exploding ammo? Huh. These are eerily similar.

Magazine size: 4+1 rounds per mag

...right down to the same magazine gimmick, too. Huh. I'm so used to being one of the only people that uses that mechanic.

Total Damage: 1850.0

18?cb=20150811174304 Impact: 500.0

18?cb=20150810075255 Puncture: 600.0

18?cb=20150811174234 Slash: 250.0

18?cb=20140124221429 Magnetic: 500.0

...Are you sure this isn't too much damage? Because, like... this thing's damage rivals even the Velocitus.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Wait. These both have exploding ammo? Huh. These are eerily similar.

Only the magnetic stage detonates. The main damage is single-target.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

...right down to the same magazine gimmick, too. Huh. I'm so used to being one of the only people that uses that mechanic.

I started adding round-in-chamber to every gun that made sense after I started playing R6 siege.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

...Are you sure this isn't too much damage? Because, like... this thing's damage rivals even the Velocitus.

It's heavy ammo too, so it makes sense, I think.

I'm going to be taking a brief sabbatical from this thread for a bit. I've noticed I seem to be lapsing into burnout-like symptoms, and - as I have The Outer Worlds, Metro Last Light Redux, and of course SPACELORDS (mutha mutha) - it seems like a good time to take a short break so I can come back with a weird concept of some kind.

• Like 1

What's Next:

It turns out I have a lot of concepts in the pipeline - and I'm planning to spend some time in Warframe tomorrow, trying to get myself reggie for Railjack. Turns out, I kind of miss being an unstoppable avalanche of destruction and autoshotgun*. It also helps that I get to be a space ninja viking pirate with ice powers now. So that's cool.

So, here's some of the new stuff I'm gonna be working on in the new year:

"Serious" Concepts:

1. VULKODLAK Warframe!
    An offensive berserker unable to die... despite its best wishes. It's basically Loaht from Spacelords (MUTHA MUTHA)
    The next frame after this will be female. And they will have a nice ass. This is just common sense.
  2. More Ganymede!
    It's good to have goals. I've made some plans on how the Ganymedean landscape will look, and a lot of the starter quest is already written up - now I just need to spend some time thinking about the resources...
  3. Content that fits with Railjack
    It's honestly too hard for me to judge what Railjack will be like (It's been here for like one day as of me writing this - I seriously doubt anyone has enough of their bearings here) but I want to do more Railjack-related content. Especially if it's in the Jovians or near Saturn.

I feel like Jupiter and Saturn are very underutilized area when it comes to Warframe. They're not just gas giants, they have so many moons! And Warframe barely does anything with said moons.
  4. 'Smoke' Warframe
    I'm toying with the idea of a Frame that can become smoke, possess enemies, and asphyxiate them. Possible, but not likely.

Weaponry:

5. A Corpus weapon similar to the Gloop Gun from The Outer Worlds!
    “A less-lethal weapon designed for use against hardy Solaris in Corpus holdings from Pluto to Venus, this weapon fires balls of exploding plesh that stick to surfaces and then concussively explode. After rigorous testing by the Corpus Board, this weapon was found perfectly legal under both the Technocyte Ban and the Gradivus Accords of ‘013. Still, some Solaris have to wonder…”

The idea here is that it uses biotech of a sort to create the plesh - which naturally has the Corpus worried. Nef Anyo, in a stunning display of the brilliant corporate thinking to which we have become accustomed, may or may not have bribed inspectors to look the other way on what may or may not be dangerous Infested biotech.
  6. Corpus Particle Pistol inspired by that gun from Blade Runner. 
    Did you know that the Blade Runner gun was meant to fire small black holes? It's true!
  7. Grineer LMG
    I actually have a really good drawing of a Grineer LMG from Mars' Boril Kasma armory somewhere around here. I just don't know what'll make it super useful. Not yet, anyway. 
  8. 'Fedorova' Rifle
    Slower-firing, precise automatic rifle. This is totally different from the Bruin. 
  9. Corpus or Sentient Beam/Sniper hybrid gun
    I find it fascinating the way you can bend the rules with the Quatz's gimmick by zooming in while still holding the trigger. I want to see what I can do by combining a sniper rifle with a beam.
  10. Another Revolver
    It's what I do.
  11. More Spacelords ripoff weapons.
    It's also what I do.
  12. Another Sniper Rifle
    All I know is I don't want it to be bolt-action. Nothing against that, it's just... the last three have been bolt-action. Perhaps a Sentient weapon.