Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

IT'S COMIN' BABY

WEREWOLF FRAME BUT EVEN BETTER THAN MINE BECAUSE SHE IS FEMALE AND THAT REMINDS ME OF LOONA

I'm watching the art stream and yea, she looks gorgeous.  

Edit: and she's not even the next warfarme, I wonder what DE has done for the next one?

Edited by Neo3602

I'm currently working on drawing up another Grineer levergun, which made me think back to this oooold levergun I made. I was considering retconning this out for the sake of the Grineer shotgun, but i went all the way back to this model... and decided that you know what, maybe I won't. So I decided to stat this. Might even color it at some point!

'Terminus' Shotgun Stats

Special Traits: Can actually hold +2 rounds in the mag
Headshot damage is unaffected by falloff.
Reduced reload time when loading with a shell in the mag (as the lever animation is not included)

Shared

Fire Rate: 0.9
Trigger: Semi
Pellets: 6 (86 damage per pellet)
Accuracy: 12
Magazine: 8 + 2
Reload: 0.4 per round (3.2s total)

Primary Ammo: Buckshot

Damage: 574
224 Puncture
210 Slash
156 Impact
Multishot:  7

Crit Chance: 38%
Recoil: Low
Crit Multiplier: 3.0x
Status Chance: 4.5%
Falloff:
    Full Damage to 24m
    Minimum Damage at 48m
    55% Max Reduction
Punch-Through: 0.5m

Secondary Ammo: Explosive Slugs

Projectile 
    Initial Impact: 220
        128 Slash
        72 Impact
        20 Puncture
Crit Chance: 30%
Status Chance: 20%
Projectile Flight Speed - 70 m/s
Range:
    Accuracy reduction at 67m
    Drop-off begins at 40m

Explosion
Damage: 180 Gas
Crit Chance: 30%
Blast Radius: 2.4m

On 2018-06-02 at 1:27 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Terminus' Lever-action shotgun

tenno__terminus__shotgun_by_haruaxeman-d

"Rip through enemies with this lever-action shotgun's buckshot, or bombard them with explosive slugs."
Primary Fire - Flechette rounds: Fires a cone of buckshot.
Secondary Fire - Explosive slug: Fires a slug round that does AoE explosive damage. This acts like a grenade!

The Terminus is a Tenno lever-action slash damage shotgun created by Bruin Foundry, and a later inspiration behind the Bruin Automatic Rifle. The concept is rather simple - its primary fire launches a spray of flechettes (as opposed to buckshot) which lacerate the inside of the enemy. 

Meanwhile, secondary fire acts like a hybrid of the Astilla's slugs and the Zarr's cluster grenades. Sort of. The slug's impact can create 2-3 status effects - one when it hits, the next when it explodes. This also releases a guaranteed impact or slash proc - but usually impact. 

Despite outward similarities to the Corinth, it's actually more like a giant primary Euphona, with an altfire resembling the Astilla.

• Like 2

On 2022-07-15 at 8:08 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

tagging  @Teoarrk and @Unus because here's a LORE teaser! I promise, the gun this comes with is not just a story with a gun attached, but here's some lore snippets for the next Tenno assault rifle I release:

Ah, now THERES a nightmare thought. They backstory did state there were multiple vessels to be launched and the Zariman was going to be the “pave-way” that went a weeeee bit. . . poorly. Sounds like, in your interpretation, they slated the other colonial vessels to be “repurposed”, if you will. Multigenerational Tenno, perhaps with unique idiosyncracies that might differentiate them from the Tenno depending on what “part” of the Void they ended up being launched into. Might be hard to repeat the exact same breach if the area is to “tainted” by reality , so. . . ooooo, thus, perhaps the reason why the Void section of the map is full of multiple holes , rather then one.

Ell, in that case, what if the holes were made using the colony ships as “sucide bull dozers”, punching through the horizon of existance laden with “disposable” cargo? If they sublimate out of existence, oh well, no skin off their ashen noses, prime (oops, pun) real estate has opened up in the elsewhere! If they do rebound and the crew has been touched, hurray, more meat for the grinder!

On 2022-07-16 at 3:52 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

IT'S COMIN' BABY

WEREWOLF FRAME BUT EVEN BETTER THAN MINE BECAUSE SHE IS FEMALE AND THAT REMINDS ME OF LOONA

And look it that, the beast seems to share some of the design cues of your own, though it seems they’ve shaved some meat off the bones and made it more of a “spirit of the wild keeps these bones rattling”. Well done all the same suh! Heh, who knows, maybe my Dheghom suit might see the stage someday, perhaps in another way.

Gotta get more active on my part, so many weapons, so little energy after work these days, blasted summer heat. The spirit is willing, the flesh is spongey and leathery.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ah, now THERES a nightmare thought. They backstory did state there were multiple vessels to be launched and the Zariman was going to be the “pave-way” that went a weeeee bit. . . poorly. Sounds like, in your interpretation, they slated the other colonial vessels to be “repurposed”, if you will. 

Well, this was originally meant to say it was the original Zariman being used over and over again (after all, why not make it hew as close as possible to the original?) and then the original Zariman was lost in the final attempt to make more Tenno, and what may or may not have been the original Zariman came back after the New War happened... really, it was just there as an attempt to smooth out why the Zariman is just sitting there, abandoned and plugging a void hole.

Unless it was always there?

(Not a hundred percent sure on why the Zariman is just sorta... there)

But I'd be lying if I said this wasn't the least bit intriguing. I'm impressed! You read a lot of great stuff into this that I didn't necessarily intend but sounds pretty dope. 

19 minutes ago, Unus said:

Multigenerational Tenno, perhaps with unique idiosyncracies that might differentiate them from the Tenno depending on what “part” of the Void they ended up being launched into. Might be hard to repeat the exact same breach if the area is to “tainted” by reality , so. . . ooooo, thus, perhaps the reason why the Void section of the map is full of multiple holes , rather then one.

Since I'm here, fun fact: This was inspired by two things. Firstly, I figured the Zariman could only have held so many children to become Tenno. Especially considering that the adults probably killed a few.

Secondly, it was inspired by the MTOs (or Made-To-Order) transformers from James Roberts' comic Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye. MTOs are cybertronians that were built - well, "born" more like - and sent to various battles. Like, imagine constructing a soldier om the battlefield (or at one of the factories nearby) and sending him out to fight within an hour and wait this sounds very Grineer.

Apparently, due to newborn senses and minds, they were twice as likely to have mystical experiences... or suffer from neurological disorders and delusions due to their basically newborn senses. To quote Skids on this one:

"In the end, high command decided they wanted their new troops to fight, not study. So they reduced the steps from ten to eight to three. 

Three steps, Nautica: "from thaw to war in under an hour."

Because who cares whether or not a warborn knockoff can quote Dominus Ambus or notate the Grand Celestial Melody? So long as he can assemble a path-blaster with his brand new eyes closed, everyone's happy."

I thought the idea of creating essentially a new generation and throwing them out to fight was a unique idea, so I decided "hey, I'll apply this to the Tenno." Even though I now realize that it might fit better with Grineer. I wonder if some of the genetic flaws in the Grineer came from slapdash Old War-era construction.

Also neat! They included the word 'warborn' in there.

As for idiosyncracies between Tenno.... I don't know how their void powers would differ, but I could tell you about mindsets. You'd have a generation or two or three that valued the art, culture, and bushido-like codes the Orokin foisted on them. Then, you'd probably have a generation that valued it much less, assuming the Orokin basically just booted them onto the battlefield and said "Go kill these things that are definitely aliens."

Don't really know which would be which.

45 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ell, in that case, what if the holes were made using the colony ships as “sucide bull dozers”, punching through the horizon of existance laden with “disposable” cargo? If they sublimate out of existence, oh well, no skin off their ashen noses, prime (oops, pun) real estate has opened up in the elsewhere! If they do rebound and the crew has been touched, hurray, more meat for the grinder!

On 2022-07-16 at 3:52 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I never thought about that but that makes perfect sense.

46 minutes ago, Unus said:

And look it that, the beast seems to share some of the design cues of your own, though it seems they’ve shaved some meat off the bones and made it more of a “spirit of the wild keeps these bones rattling”. Well done all the same suh! Heh, who knows, maybe my Dheghom suit might see the stage someday, perhaps in another way.

It's a bit funny, isn't it? I can actually see it, right down to 'em both having kind of a bony-looking face. I wonder if we were both referencing RWBY... which I'm pretty sure was referencing Bleach lol

• 2 weeks later...

Tenno/Ostron 'Terminus' Lever-action Shotgun

"Either a genuine Old War artifact or an Ostron copy of a Tenno shotgun, itself a copy of an ancient design. Rip through enemies with this lever-action shotgun's buckshot, or bombard them with explosive slugs.

Headshot multiplier is not affected by damage falloff."

Special Traits:
One In The Breach: Can actually hold +2 (and by extension, +1) rounds in the mag. Reduced reload time when loading with one or two shells in the mag (as the lever animation is not included)
Skullpiercer: Headshot damage is unaffected by falloff.
Glaive Savant: Can be dual-wielded with glaives.

_terminus__lever_action_shotgun_by_fluff
Lore

Typically found at Ostron markets, this is a Tenno lever-action shotgun that can switch between buckshot and explosive slugs. Primary fire shoots a tight cone of buckshot with poor armor penetration, ripping through and bludgeoning unprotected flesh, while secondary fire hurls an explosive slug that deals radial gas damage. While buckshot mode has poor armor-piercing*, it has excellent impact and slash, hammering into enemies with devastating blows that stop them in their tracks.

Its ability to deal punishing damage on headshots is emblematic of several weapons Haruka Lorne helped design. Due to peculiarities with how gas damage works, the weapon’s altfire is most damaging while used against crowds.

The archimedean who led the project to build the Terminus had something of an obsession with lever-action firearms, which eventually led him to create the Bruin Automatic Rifle, (which Haruka Lorne also helped design) which is itself essentially a lever-action machine gun**. This, for those of you who were not here three years ago, is an automatic weapon so powerful and oversized that users were encouraged to use it more like a Sybaris Prime than an automatic weapon. His obsession eventually culminated with the Euphona Prime. 

For whatever reason, the Orokin Empire had overproduced these weapons - and pump-actions such as the Corinth, semiautos such as the Strun, hybrids of both such as the Tenebrae, and autoshotguns like the SOMESHA PRIME*** were far more popular. As a result, the Orokin Empire’s massive armories had large stocks of this weapon…

…and in a show of surprising pragmatism and charity, this shotgun was practically thrown at the Reconguista settlers assigned to help recapture lost Orokin territory in the tail end of the Old War. These came with a number of modifications, such as the gas grenade, and new ammo built specifically to deliver a shock to chaotic Infested organs. In turn, the Reconguista added their own modifications, such as a shortened barrel, sawing down the stock, and a larger lever so it could be flip-c0cked like the Euphona Prime while using glaives or other one-handed melee weapons.

According to the Ostrons who sell it, this weapon comes from that final explosive burst of the Old War, when the Orokin were desperate to reclaim territory from all that might take land that was theirs since time immemorial.  That it was designed by brave colonists to defend them against Mad Grineer, (sometimes thought to be a prelude to modern-day Grineer, but more likely to be any Grineer that shrugged off the loyalty gland) Corpus, pirates, Infested, feral geneforged fauna, aggressive Sentient forms, and various non-Corpus rebels seeking to take advantage of the chaos.

But that said? The Ostrons really do sell a lot of these at their market stalls. And this one's in traditional Ostron colors. 

So maybe that's not true. But it is a good shotgun. What's the harm?

*ignore the punch-through in this.

**That’s real, by the way. Google “colt potato digger.” 

***I have to put it in all caps. 

Animation Notes
The weapon is flip-cocked in one hand while reloading from empty, wall-running or wall-hanging. Or when dual-wielding with a glaive.

Shared

Fire Rate: 0.9
Trigger: Semi
Pellets: 7 (84 damage per pellet)
Accuracy: 11
Magazine: 8 + 2
Reload: 0.4 per round (3.2s total)

Primary Fire: Buckshot

Damage: 588
    238 Impact
    140 Puncture
    210 Slash
Multishot:  7
Headshot Multiplier: 3.3x
Status Chance: 4.5%
Falloff:
    Full Damage to 24m
    Minimum Damage at 48m
    60% Max Reduction
Punch-Through: 0.5m

Secondary Fire: Explosive Slugs

Projectile 
    Initial Impact: 220
        128 Gas
        72 Impact
        20 Puncture
Headshot Multiplier: 3.3x.
Projectile Flight Speed - 70 m/s
Range:
    Accuracy reduction at 67m
    Drop-off begins at 40m

Explosion
Damage: 180 Gas
Blast Radius: 2.4m

Artist Notes
Even I didn't expect a rework of the Terminus! But I guess I showed myself.

I had a lot more written here earlier, but I accidentally deleted it by clicking the wrong button while trying to submit it to deviantart, and I'm not writing it again. Partly cause I don't remember what I typed earlier. I know I remember saying how most of the references to the Heritage Gun from Deathloop was mostly coincidental.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 2

Art of the gun is good as always - I love the style of the ribbing and the forearm and  how you capture the Tenno style with the trigger guard. 

Stats are interesting, as well as the lore - paints a picture of a true frontier style system. 

That colt potato digger though, who in their right mind would make a lever action machine gun?

Anyway, great work.

• Like 1

On 2022-07-31 at 5:00 PM, Teoarrk said:

That colt potato digger though, who in their right mind would make a lever action machine gun?

John Moses Browning, apparently. Best I can tell, it was sort of a thought experiment - it was in 1895, a time where full-auto and even semiautomatic firearms were in their infancy (this is also the era that gave us the Sjogren shotgun, which must be seen to be believed. I drew a Sjogren once here) and he was thinking something like "There's all this expended energy out the muzzle. How do I use some of it to make the gun cycle?" and this was just what he came up with before he devised the Browning A5, and before gas tubes were widespread.

Also, this is the one I drew! It's sort of a BAR-potato digger hybrid. It really doesn't make much sense and anyone who used it would (justifiably) be afraid of using a hand,  but I wanted something with a very striking, very distinctive animation.

dcatt0n-7f6bf8c5-f17e-439f-a1c3-6ec9a00d

(it's so OLD lmao)

Also, it has 50% bonus headshot damage. Cause I wanted to tap into how it felt using stuff like the Flatline and Alternator as battle rifles when you reaaally shouldn't.

Art of the gun is good as always - I love the style of the ribbing and the forearm and  how you capture the Tenno style with the trigger guard. 

...I captured the Tenno style with the trigger guard? Honestly, this was just a terminator homage, the lever needed to be huge and round enough I could imagine someone doing that thing from Terminator 2.

(Yes, this is why it's called the Terminus)

Stats are interesting, as well as the lore - paints a picture of a true frontier style system. 

It was meant to feel... kinda like a slower, more powerful version of the Corinth.  The high crit (and headshot bonus) are just meant to make it a little more desirable in the event that increasing the base damage by about 6% isn't enticing enough. Also, the +2 rounds were sort of an accident cause I found out about that while reading up on the 1887 - turns out, you actually can do that by putting one round in the barrel and one in the breach while reloading.

On that note, if you have an idea for a Tenno gun based on a real historical firearm... I strongly urge you to look into weird guns so you can incorporate some of those design peculiarities into gameplay. Like the Naga revolver. That one's essentially a Nagant revolver upsized to BFR size... but also with a silencer, cause the Nagant can do that.

Glad you enjoyed the lore! This was partly inspired by some Praedos lore - originally I was gonna say that the Orokin had to be convinced by their settlers to allow them to have weaponry, but then I remembered the Praedos specified farmers in captured areas. So there's still some echoes of that in here.

I'm also very interested in the idea of the Orokin not having totally complete control of the Origin System - and we know from The Sacrifice that the Orokin seemed to frequently gain and lose territory.

Also, did you notice the suggestion the Ostrons might be stiffing you? Fun stuff.

• Like 1

I like the idea of the Ostrons not being 100% open with what amounts to a warrior society, especially since we know very little of Ostron culture outside Cetus. What if there are clades dedicated to warfare, or subterfuge, doing what we're doing without the safety of relative immortality?

I also think that the Old War was also the end of a relative Pax Romana period for the Orokin, so it makes sense that infighting, rebellions and disease would take their toll on their sphere and that naturally would then lead to massive repopulation campaigns after the dust had settled.

The Corpus being a threat would naturally also lend itself to that idea. Someone introducing upward mobility within a lifetime to people at the bottom rung of a technocratic caste system? Hell yeah, sign me up.

Edited by Teoarrk

4 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

The Corpus being a threat would naturally also lend itself to that idea. Someone introducing upward mobility within a lifetime to people at the bottom rung of a technocratic caste system? Hell yeah, sign me up.

That's been my headcanon ever since I got all of Granum's tenets tbh. I feel like it dovetails with Atlas' Leverian in a really interesting way - it's all but stated in that one that the Orokin Empire felt so monolithic that the concept of an asteroid that would destroy them and cause mass death was seen with almost religious fervor because it was the only thing that seemed like it could harm the Orokin. People were so beaten down that they clung to this. 

Introducing the concept of upward mobility to people who seem to have lives that're as bad as IoM citizens in some ways? That'd be like catnip to them.

4 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

I also think that the Old War was also the end of a relative Pax Romana period for the Orokin, so it makes sense that infighting, rebellions and disease would take their toll on their sphere and that naturally would then lead to massive repopulation campaigns after the dust had settled.

That would make sense. It's also vaguely implied there were a bunch of anti-Orokin rebellions (the leverian entry for Mag mentions one on pluto) and... I get the impression that after all the fighting, the Orokin empire was heavily weakened by the end of the Old War.  And Ballas also mentions during The Sacrifice that they purposefully infected a lot of their outer colonies with Infestation, meaning.... well, they'd cut off a lot of territory.

And, well, with the Corpus ultimately proving to be the better lifestyle (along with the old war showing that the Orokin were no longer invincible)... I can't imagine the Orokin not thinking they were on the cusp of a glorious new crusade to rule the Origin System once more.

5 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

I like the idea of the Ostrons not being 100% open with what amounts to a warrior society, especially since we know very little of Ostron culture outside Cetus. What if there are clades dedicated to warfare, or subterfuge, doing what we're doing without the safety of relative immortality?

It... is a little bit weird, isn't it? That we don't know that much. We know they exist outside of Cetus, we know they've existed since Orokin times, but.... we don't know what spacefaring Ostrons are like.

• Like 1

Corpus 'Cerbera' Dual Pistols

“A recent innovation built from reverse-engineered Dziewannan firearms. Much like them, it’s fed from an easily-overheated battery… and unlike them, it can’t fire while overheated.

Unfortunately, it has a slower fire rate… and the Corpus compensated for this by giving it a Link system similar to those of many dual pistols of the Origin System. Each pistol can be individually charged by tapping the altfire key, which can allow you to fire away with one pistol as the other automatically charges a devastating shot… or, perhaps, overcharging them both to hammer into enemies with dual high-damage beams.

They’re reloaded by flip-cocking them like lever-actions!”
--Codex

corpus__cerbera__dual_pistols_by_fluffyw

Lore

The most unique dual pistols in the Origin System, in the sense that they truly feel like two individual pistols operating independently from each other. It was reverse-engineered from the Dziewannan “Dhomochevsky” pistol, and much like that pistol, it has a charged-shot function and is prone to overheating…

…but uniquely, neither pistol overheats (or charges) at exactly the same time, meaning that a user can be plinking away with one pistol at half the fire rate as its counterpart is either overheated or readying itself for a devastating high-damage beam. Or, perhaps, they can charge both at once.

(In-game, this is done by tapping the altfire key twice. It’s auto-charge so you don’t have to do anything there.)

Each pistol holds eight reach ounds, but due to various components simply not being as durable as those in the Dhomochevsky, they’re prone to overheating after firing anywhere from 5 to 9 shots, at which point the gun will be forced to cool itself. Coolant is engaged through a particularly unique mechanism typical of post-Granum Schism in its oddity.  The weapon’s barrel assembly and receiver separate horizontally to reveal a cylinder perpendicular to the trigger guard. Then, the user flip-cocks the weapon, not unlike a one-handed levergun such as a Euphona Prime, spinning the barrel assembly around…. And snapping it back into place. This is probably the best visual reference for how it reloads.

Granum’s holdings - which build the Cerbera - have so far refused to admit how this works.

While one pistol is flip-cocking, the wielder is able to keep up fairly consistent fire with its counterpart… at half the fire rate.

Because of its style, these pistols are particularly beloved among Corpus Comba troops who have enough money to burn that they can easily afford these. It’s a common sight in Corpus shield-duels at academies, in which Corpus aristos (and others who achieved admission) duel with weapons of their choice such as electro-rapiers. Usually, no real lethal wounds are made, and it ends once a participant’s shield has broken… and, hopefully, once said aristos have received scars that strike the right balance between “impressive,” ”not disfiguring,” and “handsome.”

This is helpful during inter-corpus negotiations, but not so much against Tenno - many of whom, such as Haruka Lorne, have a tendency to shoot helmets off and leave their bodies barely recognizable.

Stats

• Trigger: charge

• Magazine: 10-18

• Fire rate: 6 (3 while one pistol is overheated)

• Recharge Time: 2s

• Recharge Delay: 0.8s

Primary Fire:

• Non-Hitscan

• Damage:105

• 55 Puncture

• 10 Slash

• 40 Electricity

• Critical Chance: 17%

• Critical Multiplier: 2.1x

• Status Chance: 39%

• Punch-Through: 0.4

Charged Shot

On Impact

• Consumes 3 ammo per shot

• Trigger: Auto Charge
    Charge Time: 1s

• Damage: 105

• 45 Puncture

• 55 Slash

Area Attacks

• Damage: 210 Electricity

• Blast Radius: 3m

Artist notes

My first dual pistol(s)!

As inspired by (of all things) the Warmaker Pistols from Darkwatch. I’ve never played Darkwatch, but one of their advantages is how you can put out two shots at once because they’re dual wielded. And in WF… dual wielding has never exactly felt like you have two pistols. If you were to extend the magazine of a certain pistol by 100%, I wouldn’t feel that different from the akimbo version. 

Then again, I don’t use the single versions of dual pistols I own that much.

So this was sort of an experiment: How do I make it feel like you’re using two unique pistols? Having one reload or charge as you fire the other felt right.

Originally, this was actually concept I was gonna use for the Dhomochevsky awhile ago. Aesthetically, these are heavily based on Beyond the Grave’s pistols from Gungrave.

• Like 2

On 2022-08-08 at 5:31 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Corpus 'Cerbera' Dual Pistols

“A recent innovation built from reverse-engineered Dziewannan firearms. Much like them, it’s fed from an easily-overheated battery… and unlike them, it can’t fire while overheated.

Unfortunately, it has a slower fire rate… and the Corpus compensated for this by giving it a Link system similar to those of many dual pistols of the Origin System. Each pistol can be individually charged by tapping the altfire key, which can allow you to fire away with one pistol as the other automatically charges a devastating shot… or, perhaps, overcharging them both to hammer into enemies with dual high-damage beams.

They’re reloaded by flip-cocking them like lever-actions!”
--Codex

corpus__cerbera__dual_pistols_by_fluffyw

Lore

The most unique dual pistols in the Origin System, in the sense that they truly feel like two individual pistols operating independently from each other. It was reverse-engineered from the Dziewannan “Dhomochevsky” pistol, and much like that pistol, it has a charged-shot function and is prone to overheating…

…but uniquely, neither pistol overheats (or charges) at exactly the same time, meaning that a user can be plinking away with one pistol at half the fire rate as its counterpart is either overheated or readying itself for a devastating high-damage beam. Or, perhaps, they can charge both at once.

(In-game, this is done by tapping the altfire key twice. It’s auto-charge so you don’t have to do anything there.)

Each pistol holds eight reach ounds, but due to various components simply not being as durable as those in the Dhomochevsky, they’re prone to overheating after firing anywhere from 5 to 9 shots, at which point the gun will be forced to cool itself. Coolant is engaged through a particularly unique mechanism typical of post-Granum Schism in its oddity.  The weapon’s barrel assembly and receiver separate horizontally to reveal a cylinder perpendicular to the trigger guard. Then, the user flip-cocks the weapon, not unlike a one-handed levergun such as a Euphona Prime, spinning the barrel assembly around…. And snapping it back into place. This is probably the best visual reference for how it reloads.

Granum’s holdings - which build the Cerbera - have so far refused to admit how this works.

While one pistol is flip-cocking, the wielder is able to keep up fairly consistent fire with its counterpart… at half the fire rate.

Because of its style, these pistols are particularly beloved among Corpus Comba troops who have enough money to burn that they can easily afford these. It’s a common sight in Corpus shield-duels at academies, in which Corpus aristos (and others who achieved admission) duel with weapons of their choice such as electro-rapiers. Usually, no real lethal wounds are made, and it ends once a participant’s shield has broken… and, hopefully, once said aristos have received scars that strike the right balance between “impressive,” ”not disfiguring,” and “handsome.”

This is helpful during inter-corpus negotiations, but not so much against Tenno - many of whom, such as Haruka Lorne, have a tendency to shoot helmets off and leave their bodies barely recognizable.

Stats

• Trigger: charge

• Magazine: 10-18

• Fire rate: 6 (3 while one pistol is overheated)

• Recharge Time: 2s

• Recharge Delay: 0.8s

Primary Fire:

• Non-Hitscan

• Damage:105

• 55 Puncture

• 10 Slash

• 40 Electricity

• Punch-Through: 0.4

Charged Shot

On Impact

• Consumes 3 ammo per shot

• Trigger: Auto Charge
    Charge Time: 1s

• Damage: 105

• 45 Puncture

• 55 Slash

Area Attacks

• Damage: 210 Electricity

• Blast Radius: 3m

Artist notes

My first dual pistol(s)!

As inspired by (of all things) the Warmaker Pistols from Darkwatch. I’ve never played Darkwatch, but one of their advantages is how you can put out two shots at once because they’re dual wielded. And in WF… dual wielding has never exactly felt like you have two pistols. If you were to extend the magazine of a certain pistol by 100%, I wouldn’t feel that different from the akimbo version. 

Then again, I don’t use the single versions of dual pistols I own that much.

So this was sort of an experiment: How do I make it feel like you’re using two unique pistols? Having one reload or charge as you fire the other felt right.

Originally, this was actually concept I was gonna use for the Dhomochevsky awhile ago. Aesthetically, these are heavily based on Beyond the Grave’s pistols from Gungrave.

I love the design for these, they look futuristic and have the somewhat blocky design many corpus weapons have.  Stat wise it's also pretty interesting with it having a rechargeable battery from what I understand and since there are 2 of them you can keep shooting while the other reloads. along with an altfire for dealing with crowds. I could defintely see myself using the Cerbera if they were ever added to warframe.

On that note I really hope de decides to do a primary/secondary weapon contest at some point.

On 2022-08-12 at 11:20 AM, Neo3602 said:

I love the design for these, they look futuristic and have the somewhat blocky design many corpus weapons have.  Stat wise it's also pretty interesting with it having a rechargeable battery from what I understand and since there are 2 of them you can keep shooting while the other reloads. along with an altfire for dealing with crowds. I could defintely see myself using the Cerbera if they were ever added to warframe.

Thanks so much! Funny thing - Corpus weapons are actually the hardest for me to draw. Not exactly, mind, these were done in less than two days, but I like to hew closer to the retro corpus aesthetic cause it's so distinctive. But it's genuinely difficult for me to come up with a weapon and say "This is a box. How do I make it interesting?" 

In this case I just started with Beyond the Grave's pistols from Gungrave and worked from there.

Cosplay-Japanese-Anime-Figure-Beyond-the

(I'm pretty sure these inspired Mesa's Peacemakers)

Also it wasn't exactly intended as rechargable, more.... they draw from an ammo pool and you periodically have to cool them down, like the L-Star from Apex Legends. (Not titanfall 2 - that functionally has an infinite amount of ammo, the one from Apex Legends has an amount only limited by your backpack size.)

On 2022-08-12 at 11:20 AM, Neo3602 said:

I could defintely see myself using the Cerbera if they were ever added to warframe.

It's the one thing I always hope for every gun I make here. if you ever have your own ideas for guns, I always start with a pretty simple idea that I can keep in mind while fighting.

Okay, I don't always do that, sometimes I start with lore first. But it always comes back to every gun needing an easy-to-understand playstyle that you can't lose track of while fighting. This is why I just straight up copied how Vladof assault rifles work in Borderlands 3 when I made the Euston awhile back - cause it's a simple, easy-to-understand design that lets you turn your brain off and not think about the grenade launcher.

Also, I liked the idea of always being able to keep firing with semiautos like this.

• Like 1

Corpus 'Centra' Shotgun

“The larger counterpart of the Cerbera. This weapon was actually meant to serve as a sidearm for particularly heavyset Corpus crewmen. It replaces the top laser with magnetic rails that hurl a plasmoid towards enemies, and uses the bottom laser to guide the plasmoid.”
--Codex

Special Traits: Brainstormer - deals guaranteed electric procs on headshots

corpus__centra__shotgun_by_fluffywolf36_

Lore

The larger version of the Cerbera dual pistols.It uses one of that weapon’s lasers to ionize the air to guide a plasma projectile.

And as a descendant of that series, it has a number of that weapon’s same peculiarities. Like them, it’s prone to overheating, though it always takes eight shots. At that point the gun will be forced to cool itself. Coolant is engaged through a particularly unique mechanism typical of post-Granum Schism in its oddity. Not unlike a lever-action weapon,  the weapon’s barrel assembly and receiver separate horizontally to reveal a cylinder perpendicular to the trigger guard. Then, the user flip-cocks the weapon, not unlike a one-handed levergun such as a Euphona Prime, spinning the barrel assembly around…. And snapping it back into place. This is probably the best visual reference for how it reloads.

In fact, the Centra was originally designed as a sidearm for particularly tall Corpus crewmen. While a version of the Centra upsized to this size exists, this version was designed to function as a shotgun. It was a questionable decision - one scorned by Corpus crewmen that had grown to like the Plasmor and Exergis. 

But nonetheless, the Centra gained a following among Corpus troops who wanted a weapon with high stopping power and a little more range than a beam gun. Nothing so long and cumbersome as a Lanka.

The Centra is incapable of the sheer room-clearing devastation of the Plasmor… but instead, it electromagnetically launches a plasma charge, not dissimilar to the Lanka. It has greater short-range stopping power than an uncharged Lanka shot, easily overpenetrating enemies, but gradually starts dropping and decreasing in velocity and accuracy after a short distance, exploding in a cascade of electricity on impact with hard surfaces. 

In addition, it can be overcharged to fire a more damaging shot that explodes on contact with anything.

While it explodes against most cover, such as Grineer ballistic shields, it has near-infinite punch-through on organic targets.

In this way, it fulfills the role of a slug shotgun in the Corpus arsenal. 

There’s one rather offbeat trait it possesses, however. On headshots, it deals a guaranteed electricity proc. How and why exactly it does this is unknown, but Granum’s personal arms factories - those that manufacture equipment for his Sisters - attribute it to revolutionary Orokin and Narmer archeotech integrated into its design, similar to Tenno weapons such as the Knell, Depezador Prime, or Magnus Prime.

Sufficiently large-bodied Corpus crewmen are known to dual-wield these like sidearms.

While many Corpus prefer Amprexes, for use against Infested, the Centra is nonetheless quite popular for Infested-clearing squads. It punches through Infested, it explodes on hard surfaces, and it has more range than a Plasmor - which, for all its raw power, requires you to be real close up to your enemies.

STATS

Trigger: charge

Charge Time: 1.5s

Magazine: 8

Fire rate: 1.5

Recharge Time: 2s

Recharge Delay: 0.8s

Normal attacks

Total Damage 270

140 Puncture

90 Impact 

40 Slash

Crit Chance 45%

Crit Multiplier 2.4x

Status Chance: 21%

Noise Level Alarming

Damage Falloff: 

Full Damage up to 18m

Minimum damage at 40m

60% Max Reduction

Projectile Type: non-hitscan

Projectile Speed: 140 m/s

Enemy Punch-Through: Yes

Object Punch-through: No

Radial Attack

Total Damage 420

210 Puncture

150 Impact 

60 Slash

Crit Chance 45%

Crit Multiplier 2.4x

Noise Level Alarming

Range: 2m

Charged Attacks

Normal attacks

Total Damage 100 Electric

Crit Chance 34%

Crit Multiplier 2.4x

Status Chance: 16%

Noise Level Alarming

Damage Falloff: 

Full Damage up to 18m

Minimum damage at 40m

60% Max Reduction

Forced Procs: Electric

Radial Attack

Radial Attack: 

Crit Chance 34%

Crit Multiplier 2.4x

Noise Level Alarming

Artist Notes

The shotgun version of the last weapon i made. It reloads the  same way, it’s kind of like a levergun… but, not exactly, because you only flip the lever when you reload it.

The Chaperone was a minor influence on this - I liked the “stockless slug levergun” idea here.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Corpus 'Centra' Shotgun

“The larger counterpart of the Cerbera. This weapon was actually meant to serve as a sidearm for particularly heavyset Corpus crewmen. It replaces the top laser with magnetic rails that hurl a plasmoid towards enemies, and uses the bottom laser to guide the plasmoid.”
--Codex

Special Traits: Brainstormer - deals guaranteed electric procs on headshots

corpus__centra__shotgun_by_fluffywolf36_

Lore

The larger version of the Cerbera dual pistols.It uses one of that weapon’s lasers to ionize the air to guide a plasma projectile.

And as a descendant of that series, it has a number of that weapon’s same peculiarities. Like them, it’s prone to overheating, though it always takes eight shots. At that point the gun will be forced to cool itself. Coolant is engaged through a particularly unique mechanism typical of post-Granum Schism in its oddity. Not unlike a lever-action weapon,  the weapon’s barrel assembly and receiver separate horizontally to reveal a cylinder perpendicular to the trigger guard. Then, the user flip-cocks the weapon, not unlike a one-handed levergun such as a Euphona Prime, spinning the barrel assembly around…. And snapping it back into place. This is probably the best visual reference for how it reloads.

In fact, the Centra was originally designed as a sidearm for particularly tall Corpus crewmen. While a version of the Centra upsized to this size exists, this version was designed to function as a shotgun. It was a questionable decision - one scorned by Corpus crewmen that had grown to like the Plasmor and Exergis. 

But nonetheless, the Centra gained a following among Corpus troops who wanted a weapon with high stopping power and a little more range than a beam gun. Nothing so long and cumbersome as a Lanka.

The Centra is incapable of the sheer room-clearing devastation of the Plasmor… but instead, it electromagnetically launches a plasma charge, not dissimilar to the Lanka. It has greater short-range stopping power than an uncharged Lanka shot, easily overpenetrating enemies, but gradually starts dropping and decreasing in velocity and accuracy after a short distance, exploding in a cascade of electricity on impact with hard surfaces. 

In addition, it can be overcharged to fire a more damaging shot that explodes on contact with anything.

While it explodes against most cover, such as Grineer ballistic shields, it has near-infinite punch-through on organic targets.

In this way, it fulfills the role of a slug shotgun in the Corpus arsenal. 

There’s one rather offbeat trait it possesses, however. On headshots, it deals a guaranteed electricity proc. How and why exactly it does this is unknown, but Granum’s personal arms factories - those that manufacture equipment for his Sisters - attribute it to revolutionary Orokin and Narmer archeotech integrated into its design, similar to Tenno weapons such as the Knell, Depezador Prime, or Magnus Prime.

Sufficiently large-bodied Corpus crewmen are known to dual-wield these like sidearms.

While many Corpus prefer Amprexes, for use against Infested, the Centra is nonetheless quite popular for Infested-clearing squads. It punches through Infested, it explodes on hard surfaces, and it has more range than a Plasmor - which, for all its raw power, requires you to be real close up to your enemies.

STATS

Trigger: charge

Charge Time: 1.5s

Magazine: 8

Fire rate: 1.5

Recharge Time: 2s

Recharge Delay: 0.8s

Normal attacks

Total Damage 280

140 Puncture

100 Impact 

40 Slash

Crit Chance 45%

Crit Multiplier 2.4x

Noise Level Alarming

Damage Falloff: 

Full Damage up to 18m

Minimum damage at 40m

60% Max Reduction

Enemy Punch-Through: Yes

Object Punch-through: No

Radial Attack

Total Damage 420

210 Puncture

150 Impact 

60 Slash

Crit Chance 45%

Crit Multiplier 2.4x

Noise Level Alarming

Charged Attacks

Normal attacks

Total Damage 100 Electric

Crit Chance 34%

Crit Multiplier 2.4x

Noise Level Alarming

Damage Falloff: 

Full Damage up to 18m

Minimum damage at 40m

60% Max Reduction

Forced Procs: Electric

Radial Attack

Radial Attack: 

Crit Chance 34%

Crit Multiplier 2.4x

Noise Level Alarming

Artist Notes

The shotgun version of the last weapon i made. It reloads the  same way, it’s kind of like a levergun… but, not exactly, because you only flip the lever when you reload it.

The Chaperone was a minor influence on this - I liked the “stockless slug levergun” idea here.

Looks fun, I like the aesthetic, and we could use more slug shotguns as ,unless I'm mistaken, we only have the Astilla and Astilla prime. Assuming the Arca Plasmore and like don't count.

10 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Assuming the Arca Plasmore and like don't count.

Personally, I don't count the Plasmor. Technically it's a single projectile, but it's over so wide an area that it might as well be a buckshot shotgun.

11 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Looks fun, I like the aesthetic, and we could use more slug shotguns as

Thanks so much!

Also, you do realize this means the only logical option you've given me is to make an Infested shotgun that fires literal slugs, right?

14 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Best guess is it'd also act like an AoE weapon but the slugs would pop on impact, spraying acid everywhere. Maybe.... toxin damage on impact, radial corrosive, mostly status-focused but with okayish crit.

That does sound fun, maybe give it an altifre mode where instead of exploding in impact the slugs stick to and gnaw at the target for some damage over time.

2 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

That does sound fun, maybe give it an altifre mode where instead of exploding in impact the slugs stick to and gnaw at the target for some damage over time.

What if instead of that, it deals radial toxin damage like on the Torid? Like, every now and then it'll just release radial toxin damage.

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

What if instead of that, it deals radial toxin damage like on the Torid? Like, every now and then it'll just release radial toxin damage.

That would be interesting, it's been a while since we have had an area denial weapon.

Okay, so now headshots will do 3x damage. I didn't really expect this, so now I'm going to have to go over all the "Headshot Guns" I made to increase their headshot multipliers. 

Avakan Prime assault rifle: Headshot multiplier increased from either 2.2 or 2.4 to 3.6x.
Bruin Automatic RifleHeadshot multiplier increased from 2.5x to 4.5x.
Estampida RevolverHeadshot multiplier increased from 3x to 4.5x.
'Harken' Sniper Rifle: Actually, I never statted this. I should get to that sometime.
Dynamo Prime semi/burst pistol: Headshot multiplier in semiauto buffed from 2x to 3.9x. Cause semi will already have worse DPS, why not?
'Bellatrix Prime' Target Pistol: Headshot multiplier buffed to 3.5x.
'Vlcak' Heavy Machine Pistol
Headshot multiplier buffed from 2x to 3.9x.
'Naga' Gas-Seal Revolverunscoped headshot multiplier increased from 2.4x to 3.6x, scoped headshot multiplier buffed from 2.8x to 4.2x.
'Makina' Revolver: my nightmare is finally over. Headshot multiplier is still 2x, but headshots create an explosion equal to 1.2x bodyshot damage, essentially equalling 3.2x headshot damage.
'Elysium' Assault Cannon
HV rounds have 3.75x headshot multiplier.
'Largo' explosive pistolHeadshot multiplier increased from 2.1x to 3.15x
'Depezador Prime' Officer's Revolver: 
headshot multiplier increased from 2.2x to 3.3x. It was always intended to be 10% bonus headshot damage, something notable but not overall as groundbreaking as most of the other guns here.
'Cenotaph' Semiatuo CannonHeadshot multiplier increased from 2.1x to 3.3x.
'Veuglaire' Heavy Pistol: Headshot multiplier increased from 2.2x to 3.3x.
'Haoma' Assault Rifle
: Headshot multiplier increased from 3x to 4.5x.
'Pasanius' Revolver:
headshot multiplier increased from 2.1x to 3.15x.
'Strigoi Prime' LMG: headshot multiplier increased from 2.1x to 3.15x.
'Geiger' Beam SMG
: Headshot multiplier increased from 2.25x to 3.75x.
'Judicium Prime' Heavy Pistol: Headshot multiplier increased from 2.4x to 3.6x.
'Sadus' Hunting Rifle: Headshot multiplier increased from 2.5x to 3.75x.
'Charbon Prime' Revolver
Headshot multiplier increased from 2.4x to 3.6x.
'Terminus' Lever-action shotgun: Headshot multiplier buffed from 2x to 3.3x.

Alright, that's everything. More or less. I should probably go do something about the Spartoi. That's in a weird place right now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Entrati ‘Columbaria’ Bosonic Pistol

“The Columbaria fires a short-duration, high-intensity beam of heat similar to the Dziewannan ‘Dzida’ heavy beam rifle. It radiates heat outwards on impact before firing a high-damage shot that vaporizes anything it hits through sheer volume of kinetic energy. Kills with this siphon their life essence which is then used to generate the secondary fire: The ‘Dead Sun’ round.

This is a ball of plasma, like a miniature sun, that superheats anything within a short range of its trajectory.”
--Codex

Special Traits: Beam chains to up to two enemies on impact.

entrati__columbaria__pistol_by_fluffywol

Mechanical Notes: Siphon Mode works exactly like the arclite shotgun I made earlier, except that it bounces. And as such, The projectiles fired are composed of three damage segments. 

1. The main projectile - this does guaranteed heat procs on impact… even if you add punch-through. The explosive effect is triggered whenever it hits an enemy. Like the Drakgoon, this has no object punch-through, so if you add punch-through, it explodes on hard surfaces

2. The plasmor-like radius - A 2m radius around the projectile of heat. An enemy hit with the main projectile will still get hit by this.

3. The explosion - this does electric damage.  

Lore

A truly bizarre Entrati weapon. According to research notes discovered in miraculously uninfested Entrati laboratories, it was an experiment using the same principles as the Yahrzeit, attempting to create a more focused, longer-ranged beam in a smaller package.

It was not entirely a success. It out-ranged the Yahrzeit and Sati in its compact package (a plus) but the main problems were shorter range than most other weapons in the Entrati arsenal. Where it excelled, however, was its crowd control. While the Sepulcrum, Absoute, and Ossuaire have more immediate damage on single targets (and those in a small radius of said targets), the Columbaria has excellent ability to saturate a crowd and a better blast radius at range.

Like an Amprex or Kuva Nukor, the initial tracing beam chains heat damage to nearby enemies…and the final shot in the “burst” acts similar to the Opticor, releasing a small radiation explosion on impact. However, this has slight recoil, meaning that you have to adjust your aim ever so slightly to keep it on target.

To compensate for its range issues, it was outfitted with a charge mechanism that can - upon holding it down - double its range, allowing it to damage enemies at 84 meters… and increasing its penetration. All of this is in service of the Columbaria’s extremely , on the other hand, has an incredibly flashy siphon altfire, referred to by its users as the ‘Dead Sun.’

This fires a pale blue-white-green orb of energy that acts fairly similar to the Oeizu ‘Arclite’ shotgun. Heat arcs to any enemy within a 1.5m radius of it - and it also bounces up to five times, exploding each time. This simply saturates a battlefield with status, burning out entire charging hordes of Infested and immobilizing them by setting them on fire.

It’s because of this sheer room-clearing ability that it found some niche with Tenno, Dax, and Entrati soldiers assigned with exploring and harvesting various Plague Moons. Others, however,.preferred the Sati, claiming that a pocket flamethrower was more useful at melee range, others such as the Tenno Haruka Lorne (who preferred various revolvers such as the Akvasto Prime and Depezador Prime, and other pistols such as the Absoute, the Veuglaire, and Lex Prime) used this pistol on the basis that it was best to avoid melee with Infested wherever possible. This was on the basis that it was just plain easy to cut them all down at range due to the near-uniform Infested behavior of “rush enemy till it dies.”

Granted, the Sati is also capable of using its siphon tech to refuel itself, giving it extremely deep fuel reserves - so it was far more sustainable than the Columbaria.

Stats

Note: incapable of object punch-through

Ammo Type: Pistol

Fire Rate: 4.32

Noise Level: Alarming

Magazine Size 80

Max Ammo: 240

Reload Time: 3.5s

Normal attacks

Trigger: Charge

Consumes 3 ammo per shot

Total Damage: 20

10 Electric

10 Puncture

Burst Delay: 0.35s

Ticks: 4 

Burst Rate 13

Fire Rate:

Crit Chance: 14%

Crit Multiplier 2.1x

Status Chance 36%

Noise Level Alarming

Projectile Type: Discharge

Range Limit: 42m

Radial Attack

Radial Attack: 75 

45 heat

20 Impact

10 Slash

Crit Chance 14%

Crit Multiplier 2.1x

Status Chance: 36%

Noise Level Alarming

Siphon Mode

Main projectile

Damage: 80 Impact

• Forced Procs: Heat

• Critical Chance:  21%

• Status Chance: 48% 

Radius

• Damage: 400

• 120 Puncture

• 280 Heat

• Size: 2m 

• Damage Falloff: 100% damage up to 30m

• 50% damage at 60m

• 50% max reduction

Explosion 

• Damage: 420

• 150  Impact

• 270 Electric

• Blast Radius: 3.2m

Artist Notes:

First off, this works like the Charge Rifle from Apex. Except the initial tracing beam arcs like an Amprex and the final, more damaging segment does explosive damage. I think I’ve taken this trigger type too far, I’m going to hold off on it till I inevitably make it a shotgun.

Also, I’m not giving this punch-through. It has arcs and explosions (though, fun fact, the explosion will proc on all enemies hit by punch-through if you add it) and that’s enough crowd control. You wanna do that, you do it yourself.

This was inspired, as with a number of weapons I drew, by Volkite weaponry from 40k. Specifically, the “Vulcanite” weapons owned by the Squats/Leagues of Votann. I liked the massive, chunky silhouette, and I figured “hey, why not?”

• Like 2