Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

BUFFS:

Straug:

The Straug's critical multiplier has been buffed to 2.2x, to give it an advantage over an upcoming weapon.

Estampida:

The Estampida's stats have been changed to bring it closer to the Lex Prime - this should result in a slight yet noticeable damage increase to keep it from being too reliant on headshots due to its +50% bonus headshot damage. 

Also I came up with a new revolver idea, but.... that one's going to have to wait a bit.

Damage: 138
      Impact: 66
      Puncture: 46
      Slash: 28
Crit Chance: 22%
Crit Multiplier: 2.3x (Changed from 2.1) 
Magazine Size: 6
Fire Rate: 1.8s (With Lethal Torent, this should be about 2.8 rounds per second. )
Enemy Punch-Through - 1.5m
Reload Time: 2.0s (Changed from 3s)
Non-hitscan

Object punch-through has been removed. The punch-through on this should now be similar to the Drakgoon.

dckxm6w-4c122b97-4ff9-4a9f-8f33-bdbb851f

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

Alright.

So, full disclosure - I'm not going to have access to my art computer until January 6th. I'm going to be outside the country and busy most of the day. Now, I don't like the idea of over a month between concepts (good cripes) so I  figured y'all deserved something.

So. Here's the Sabah! It's not colored, but this thing was virtually at the bottom of my list of drawings to make next. I was feeling like I'd never get to it. So why not, right? Why not. 

Any other concepts that come out in the next two weeks or so are going to be exclusively lineart.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

Grineer 'Sabah' Squad Automatic Weapon

grineer__sabah__saw_by_haruaxeman_ddmliu

Grineer ‘Sabah’ Squad Automatic Weapon

Trigger: Auto Spool
Fire Rate: 
    Starting: 9
    Ending:  23
    Spools after 11 rounds.

Damage: 21
        17 Slash
        3 Puncture
        1 Impact
Critical Chance: 12%
Crit Multiplier: 2.0x
Status Chance: 37%
Magazine: 150
Max Ammo: 600
Reload: 2.5s

“Boril Kasma Armory proposed this LMG as a replacement for the aging Gorgon series - it’s lighter, shorter, more reliable planetside, has a higher rate of fire, and has a larger magazine full of smaller, higher-velocity 3.8mm rounds.”

Lore

Known to some Grineer as “The Boot” for its distinctively shaped buttstock, the Sabah is a high-status, high-rate-of-fire squad automatic weapon developed by the Mars-based Boril Kasma Armory.  With the Origin System more chaotic than normal, increased Infested presence, and Corpus mobilization along the Jovian Front and Venus, Boril Kasma Armory created this LMG to replace the aging, cumbersome Gorgon GPMG.

As the Gorgon has been (and continues to be) a staple of the Grineer armed forces, the Sabah would be against steep competition from the ossified Grineer high command, some of whom - it is rumored - still don’t quite comprehend the growing threat of the Tenno. As such, Boril Kasma’s engineers and Savants gave 110% of their energy to the design process. As is typical for Grineer weapons, instead of creating something new, they re-used existing design principles, starting with the Karak platform and working from there. The first Sabah was simply a Karak with the unique horizontal drum magazine.

From there, the prototype Sabah was subjected to torture tests in the harshest conditions of Mars, from the deserts to assaults on Corpus polar outposts to technocyte-infested dark sectors. During one test where the stock broke, one Grineer trooper was forced to replace the stock with a boot, and eventually this stuck. And with each test, the Grineer reworked the weapon until all that remained of the Karak was its bolt. The weapon was soon rechambered for a lower-caliber 3.8mm “Meat-grind” round tipped with Martian ceramite.

While this gives the Sabah poor armor-piercing capabilities, that’s never been much of a priority for the Grineer. Upon hitting a target, the small fragments of its 3.8mm ceramite-tipped rounds often leave Corpus, Infested, and civilian targets to bleed internally. Wounds on bare flesh with this weapon are horrific, and rumor has it that it’s made the Corpus consider armoring and shielding their troops.

The Sabah has received overall favorable reception from Grineer ‘Purgus’ troops, and Grineer Space Marines along the Jovian Front and Saturnine Front, though detractors often cite its lack of utility against heavily armored targets as a weakness.  

Artist Notes:

If the Gorgon is a Grineer M60, the Sabah is a Grineer M249. Although the design actually has more in common with the Kalashnikov. It’s a much lower caliber… with more rounds in the mag, a higher fire rate, and better recoil. Normally, there would be some advantage the regular Gorgon has, but honestly, screw the vanilla Gorgon. It’s been left behind by power creep, and replaced with better variants.

This was also conceived as sort of a status-ish Soma Prime. That said, I’m still probably going to prefer Soma Prime if this is in-game, on the basis it has much better crit and (with Hunter Munitions) and bigger slash procs. Also, this has even worse ammo economy than the Soma Prime. Crazy, huh?

This will still be better for armor strip though.

This weapon was heavily inspired by a lot of the concept art for Singularity. That was a good game.

I must admit, it's funny to see how different the world is in other people's headcanons (since we all dabble with some fanfictioning stuff up, although you stick to the official line waaaaay more than me, lol).

If you can't work with art that much for now, perhaps you could consider a short lore-bomb series, to more fully explain how things go in your version of Warframe's universe?

Would be a good opportunity to namedrop more things that might be useful for the Ganymede and stuff.

Edited by HugintheCrow
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

I must admit, it's funny to see how different the world is in other people's headcanons (since we all dabble with some fanfictioning stuff up, although you stick to the official line waaaaay more than me, lol).

I can respect that you're willing to rewrite so much of Warframe's world (Let's be honest, a lot of it is needed. Case in point, the Corpus. Just... the Corpus. I can name two corporate dystopias from stories I love that do it better) but I've honestly never felt the urge to do so. I'm already managing one enormous fanfic project, after all. And some novels. 

10 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

If you can't work with art that much for now, perhaps you could consider a short lore-bomb series, to more fully explain how things go in your version of Warframe's universe?

That's... a really cool idea. 

Though there's a pretty big hurdle there, and that's the fact that my thread basically runs on SCP Foundation canon rules. Which is basically... none. I make up pretty much everything as I go along, (For example, Grineer high command is probably not that ossified, but the saying goes that generals are always fighting the last war, and I'd be genuinely shocked if a new weapon hadn't been screwed by higher-ups who couldn't change with the times) add in stuff based on actual research of exoplanets and geography of other planets, and adapt to stuff as it happens in-canon, and just outright ignore how nodes work in this game. 

Seriously, Ganymede is a moon. Using the Gas City tileset with it makes no sense. Also as an example of the "actual research,"  Boril Kasma Armory is actually named after Chasma Boreale on Mars. 

It's all vague enough that it would probably take minimal effort for you or @Almighty_Jado or @Unus to integrate any facet of this thread into your respective headcanons.

It'd probably work better if I just wrote it in anthology form with codexes on the stuff I changed or added.

25 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Would be a good opportunity to namedrop more things that might be useful for the Ganymede and stuff.

Mmm. Good call. I do need to write more Ganymede.

While we're at it, any thoughts on the Sabah? (Which, btw, as with any Grineer weaponry I make, is always open for you to arm any unit with)

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

While we're at it, any thoughts on the Sabah? (Which, btw, as with any Grineer weaponry I make, is always open for you to arm any unit with)

I actually have quite a few machineguns of my own, so I can draw some comparisons pretty easily... namely Brunink, Stakan, Mowar and Bolk (and more planned).

Why do I compare to my guns? Simple, I try to make nearly every single of my weapons "viable" or equal compared to actual in-game weapons considered meta. If a gun is good compared to my stuff, it would be good in the game.

It seems that Sabah is quite low damage-per bullet compared to my MG category.

(in fact my MG class seems overall higher damage-per-bullet based than the ones from the game, at the cost of fire rate, most of the time).

The lowest damage MG I have is the Mowar, which is more of a bullpup SMG used as an MG, and it still has 36.0 total damage. Bolk is an outlier here, massively outdamaging it with it's 80.0 damage (although keep in mind it uses HEAVY ammo, which is why I'll actually refrain from using it to compare the weapons).

The unique ammo used by Sabah makes it quite more focused on Slash than my MGs, which feature very balanced physical damage distributions (mostly having near-equal impact-slash ratios).

The damage advantage comes at the cost of fire rate, however, as Sabah's ability to be spooled up to 23 rps outclasses all of my MGs (except for the Bolk with maxed out Fire Capacitor perk active).

Sabah's mag size and reserves are nearly identical to those of Brunink (only one less mag in reserves of a difference).

Stakan is incredibly close to Sabah in terms of status/crit, but slightly wins in crit, and barely loses in status (that status is only 1% lower though, and considering 36% is all you need to get to 100% with 3 60/60 mods, it's kinda irrelevant)

You didn't disclose fall-off range so can't compare that, but my MGs sit mostly in 60m(start falloff)-100m(full falloff), with Stakan having ~50% more range.

Reload times are incredibly close again, with Sabah's 2.5 winning against Mowar's and Brunink's 2.75, but losing against Stakan's 1.75 (which is due to the weapon being specifically optimised for comfortable usage by a master gunmaker)

Overall, Sabah seems like it would fit in the class (even disregarding my weapon comparisons, and focusing on in-game ones*), it's damage composition making it stand out at least a little bit.

*It's got a solid amount of advantages against the Gorgon line (at least the player-usable one, cause e.g. Arid Gunners (iirc) seem to have innate corrosive damage on theirs, even if they don't proc it), and makes a solid rival of the Soma line simply through the status proccing power (higher damage being a good thing too).

3 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

The unique ammo used by Sabah makes it quite more focused on Slash than my MGs, which feature very balanced physical damage distributions (mostly having near-equal impact-slash ratios).

I was taking a page from the Prisma Grakata's book there. I was all like "Hmmm. I'm just going to go out of my way to surpass this now!" XD

Still, it takes some persistence to get it to that height of DPS, so that's at least one weakness.

12 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

You didn't disclose fall-off range so can't compare that

It doesn't come up too often. *shrugs* 

10 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

considering 36% is all you need to get to 100% with 3 60/60 mods, it's kinda irrelevant)

It is? Huh. I thought it was 37, but then I've never been that good at math.

Damn these are some high-damage MGs! I almost think I should start taking some notes.

On 2019-11-24 at 1:20 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I'm intrigued, and kind of hoping it turns out to be a semiauto rifle of some kind =D Making battle rifles for the Tenno, Grineer, an independent faction from Corpus Space, and apparently even Infested on my end isn't as hard as I thought it'd be (I could stand to have a few with less than 20ish rounds though. I'm worried that's getting a bit samey) but for whatever reason I just run into a mental block whenever I try to make Corpus ones. Usually I end up with a mini-Lanka and, well, that's just not as interesting.

Also I'm bemused that it looks like this thing.

FDM-L5-Five-Bore-Rifle-FB.jpg

Is it what now? Cause the only Corpus rifles I can think of making looked and worked pretty different. 

Though I do wonder if they looked at some of my thread when they made the Kuva Quartakk's stats and created the Kuva Kraken.

Oh, I was referring to the aesthetic of that revolver above and how it seems to mirror it, though, I could also point at my Fusilee as well if I was a narcissist.

Also, FINALLY, I return in full, that I might comment on other's work while I (currently) continue to prune the swordflesh gardens and bring forth elegant tumescence and artisanal osteochondromas of the most eqsquisite styles! 

My only fear in the upcoming weapons is actually whether or not they "spoil" the nature of Warframes to early for Warframe new bloods with the way they function in connection with the Tenno bio-avatar. You fellas think that that might be something I should watch for?

(Also, sincere apologies for the hellish delay Mr. Fluffy, the recovery period was frustrateingly long and, strangely mentally taxing, but, it did cultivate in me several more designs as well as mental fuel for the old backlog.)

On 2019-12-28 at 8:35 AM, Unus said:

Oh, I was referring to the aesthetic of that revolver above and how it seems to mirror it, though, I could also point at my Fusilee as well if I was a narcissist.

Possible, but... I dunno, this feels more coincidental. I was going for more of a raygun gothic look, and thought Radiation was the funniest status effect to have in AoE.

...Speaking of which I should really make that radiation grenade launcher I've wanted for awhile. You know the Grineer would do it!

My only fear in the upcoming weapons is actually whether or not they "spoil" the nature of Warframes to early for Warframe new bloods with the way they function in connection with the Tenno bio-avatar. You fellas think that that might be something I should watch for?

Nah, I think you're good.

(Also, sincere apologies for the hellish delay Mr. Fluffy, the recovery period was frustrateingly long and, strangely mentally taxing, but, it did cultivate in me several more designs as well as mental fuel for the old backlog.)

Don't even trip, dawg. I know how it is to be recovering from a bad injury. Glad it's given you time to think on things, though!

On 2019-12-19 at 4:23 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Grineer 'Sabah' Squad Automatic Weapon

grineer__sabah__saw_by_haruaxeman_ddmliu

Grineer ‘Sabah’ Squad Automatic Weapon

Trigger: Auto Spool
Fire Rate: 
    Starting: 9
    Ending:  23
    Spools after 11 rounds.

Damage: 21
        17 Slash
        3 Puncture
        1 Impact
Critical Chance: 12%
Crit Multiplier: 2.0x
Status Chance: 37%
Magazine: 150
Max Ammo: 600
Reload: 2.5s

“Boril Kasma Armory proposed this LMG as a replacement for the aging Gorgon series - it’s lighter, shorter, more reliable planetside, has a higher rate of fire, and has a larger magazine full of smaller, higher-velocity 3.8mm rounds.”

Lore

Known to some Grineer as “The Boot” for its distinctively shaped buttstock, the Sabah is a high-status, high-rate-of-fire squad automatic weapon developed by the Mars-based Boril Kasma Armory.  With the Origin System more chaotic than normal, increased Infested presence, and Corpus mobilization along the Jovian Front and Venus, Boril Kasma Armory created this LMG to replace the aging, cumbersome Gorgon GPMG.

As the Gorgon has been (and continues to be) a staple of the Grineer armed forces, the Sabah would be against steep competition from the ossified Grineer high command, some of whom - it is rumored - still don’t quite comprehend the growing threat of the Tenno. As such, Boril Kasma’s engineers and Savants gave 110% of their energy to the design process. As is typical for Grineer weapons, instead of creating something new, they re-used existing design principles, starting with the Karak platform and working from there. The first Sabah was simply a Karak with the unique horizontal drum magazine.

From there, the prototype Sabah was subjected to torture tests in the harshest conditions of Mars, from the deserts to assaults on Corpus polar outposts to technocyte-infested dark sectors. During one test where the stock broke, one Grineer trooper was forced to replace the stock with a boot, and eventually this stuck. And with each test, the Grineer reworked the weapon until all that remained of the Karak was its bolt. The weapon was soon rechambered for a lower-caliber 3.8mm “Meat-grind” round tipped with Martian ceramite.

While this gives the Sabah poor armor-piercing capabilities, that’s never been much of a priority for the Grineer. Upon hitting a target, the small fragments of its 3.8mm ceramite-tipped rounds often leave Corpus, Infested, and civilian targets to bleed internally. Wounds on bare flesh with this weapon are horrific, and rumor has it that it’s made the Corpus consider armoring and shielding their troops.

The Sabah has received overall favorable reception from Grineer ‘Purgus’ troops, and Grineer Space Marines along the Jovian Front and Saturnine Front, though detractors often cite its lack of utility against heavily armored targets as a weakness.  

Artist Notes:

If the Gorgon is a Grineer M60, the Sabah is a Grineer M249. Although the design actually has more in common with the Kalashnikov. It’s a much lower caliber… with more rounds in the mag, a higher fire rate, and better recoil. Normally, there would be some advantage the regular Gorgon has, but honestly, screw the vanilla Gorgon. It’s been left behind by power creep, and replaced with better variants.

This was also conceived as sort of a status-ish Soma Prime. That said, I’m still probably going to prefer Soma Prime if this is in-game, on the basis it has much better crit and (with Hunter Munitions) and bigger slash procs. Also, this has even worse ammo economy than the Soma Prime. Crazy, huh?

This will still be better for armor strip though.

This weapon was heavily inspired by a lot of the concept art for Singularity. That was a good game.

Ah, a supplement to the gorgon eh? Has a bit of a colder start-off, but, accelerates to heights truly hard to reach outside of hyper-after-marketed machines.

Damage sits its squarely in the realm of the average, neither hitting the heights or lows. 

Critical Chance sits at a firm and concrete average.

Norm Crit Dam.

Reaches for the skies in regards to it's Statistical Chances, on par with his highness, the Bolter Prime.

Among the lowest of the absolutely highest magazine capacity Weapons in the game, exceeded only by the members of the power gamer's holy instruments such as the Soma Prime and the Supra Vandal.

And finally, reload speed is on the lower end of the average section of gun reloads, paralleling the tenora's. A useful balance, given the heft of it's bullet box.

Heh, it's story mirrors what you have seen of the Gorgon in game, eh? Poor clunky beast, but, I think it has mirrored parallels in the form of the Braton.

The Gorgon is the mass-production junk that the grunts get and drop blutes of, the Sabah is the advanced quality "we trust you" piece.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah, a supplement to the gorgon eh? Has a bit of a colder start-off, but, accelerates to heights truly hard to reach outside of hyper-after-marketed machines.

Exactly that! If there's any weapon you'd want to add some mag size mods or ammo exilus mods to, it's probably this one.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Reaches for the skies in regards to it's Statistical Chances, on par with his highness, the Bolter Prime.

I was going for something like "The Soma, BUT STATUS!" Cause bullethoses just seem much better for status than low-RoF stuff. One of the original ideas for that concept involved a grossly inflated crit multiplier kind of like the Nukor, but that just didn't feel like a good idea.

Funnily enough, I think the Quellor actually works pretty well for this niche too. Plus side, this has better crit (which is... ironic...) and better RoF, so there's still a place here!

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Among the lowest of the absolutely highest magazine capacity Weapons in the game, exceeded only by the members of the power gamer's holy instruments such as the Soma Prime and the Supra Vandal.

Should I add more or bump it up to 180? I... am a bit worried about the ammo capacity now.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Heh, it's story mirrors what you have seen of the Gorgon in game, eh? Poor clunky beast, but, I think it has mirrored parallels in the form of the Braton.

I'm not entirely unlike Mardin Of Chatzuk (He writes the best Destiny fanmade lore) in that I will absolutely try to incorporate in-game trends or memes for the sake of jokes or backstory. For example, the overabundance of Edge Transit grenade launchers was a total meme, so there were a lot of jokes about it there.

In my case, I have...

Well, for once it's not bad memories, it's just that... look. I love my Prisma Gorgon. I have a crit and damage riven that actually made it viable for Eidolon hunting. I know this because I repeatedly have done this, (I didn't have any "finished" sniper builds and this was the best crit gun I had, and I just sort of got in the habit) and it's just a very fun weapon to use because of the constant orange and red crits.

But then I look at the vanilla Gorgon and it's just depressing how the Tenno-accessible version has been ground into obsolescence. 1.5x crit? Seriously? Also the Gorgon is very long and cumbersome.

So this thing's sort of an attempt to work with those emotions.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Because both are just sort of serviceable early on, but seriously obsolete? 

Just now, Space0ddity said:

nice gun and nice russia reference, seal of approval

fully blyatomatic 😛

And thanks, dood! Fun fact about the drum mag: it's literally just this thing! I never liked the placement of the Argonak's pan magazine (seriously, it's in front of your off hand? Why?!) so I wanted to make sort of an improved Argonak.

Then I ended up in sort of an LMG mood.

49413373_2101473683498075_67553763727863

Sabah gives vibes of having popped out of a "What if Argonak, but 75% more machine gun 25% less baguette" crash development program. Base stats seem fine for a starter/middling-to-low-MR variant and leaves room for a crit-focused prisma or wraith variant down the road. Would absolutely love to have it for my Banshee, since slash procs don't really mean much with you have a 12-to-the-power-of-lol damage multiplier that doesn't do anything for the magnitude of the procs you apply and ammo economy is just something that really will never matter.

Edited by TheGrimCorsair

1 hour ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Sabah gives vibes of having popped out of a "What if Argonak, but 75% more machine gun 25% less baguette"

Or alternatively, "What if Argonak's full auto mode wasn't so slow and cumbersome that it makes me want to stab something?"

Seriously, I had to slap Primed Shred on that thing just to make it bearable. 

1 hour ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

leaves room for a crit-focused prisma or wraith variant down the road.

Or Kuva variant!

Also wait. Really? That's interesting, cause I have a tendency to scale stuff up to current power levels.

...Though push comes to shove, I'm not gonna make a crit-focused variant. We already have Soma, Tenora, and PRISMA GORGON (I like that one) and I don't feel like we really need another auto-spool crit LMG. It'd feel like more of the same. I'll probably keep this hypothetical variant status-focused, and give it higher crit.

2 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

ammo economy is just something that really will never matter.

Can't argue with that, honestly! I can count on one hand how many situations I've been in where ammo economy has been that much of an issue. 

CONCEPT TIME:

So. I've got about... two more Corpus guns planned, (one launcher, one[?] pistol) along with a Tenno version of the Fedorov Rifle, a Grineer shotgun, and possibly some more offbeat stuff.

But there's one concept I want to try and lock down, and that's a new revolver concept I have planned. As inspired by the Lefaucheux revolver, which - by sheer coincidence - Quite Shallow also thought would be a cool idea.

EKnLwlrXsAA4f2-.png:large

So, here's my question. Should I add it in mostly unaltered, or have the barrels in the 6:00 position like on the Mateba revolver?

On 2020-01-05 at 1:16 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

CONCEPT TIME:

So. I've got about... two more Corpus guns planned, (one launcher, one[?] pistol) along with a Tenno version of the Fedorov Rifle, a Grineer shotgun, and possibly some more offbeat stuff.

But there's one concept I want to try and lock down, and that's a new revolver concept I have planned. As inspired by the Lefaucheux revolver, which - by sheer coincidence - Quite Shallow also thought would be a cool idea.

EKnLwlrXsAA4f2-.png:large

So, here's my question. Should I add it in mostly unaltered, or have the barrels in the 6:00 position like on the Mateba revolver?

OH! When did she mention the idea for herself?

Also. . . hm. . . barring the insane idea that popped into my mind, I think the Mateba barrel may help keep it from being a full-blown copycat.

13 hours ago, Unus said:

OH! When did she mention the idea for herself?

It's actually one of the first results if you google "Lefaucheux double barrel revolver!"

14 hours ago, Unus said:

Also. . . hm. . . barring the insane idea that popped into my mind, I think the Mateba barrel may help keep it from being a full-blown copycat.

An insane idea? What's this now?

And you make a good point. I think I may already have enough weapons that're only barely cosmetically altered from real-life counterparts. I've checked - it's actually five - Neophytou, Depezador, Quadrille, Bellatrix, Tarvoss. Though I will admit, the real-life Neostead already looks like it could be from Warframe. 

(The Vlcak does not count, because it's literally just The Alternator from Titanfall 2.) 

Trying to dip a bit more into the keg of regular old Warframe nonsense (See: The Pandero) could do me some good.

Apparently, the Estampida is the most powerful pistol I've made in this thread when you consider its ridiculous headshot damage. Even moreso than than the Lex Prime, and the pistol I made to be a basically be a plasma rocket launcher revolver. 

Though that last one does better damage on body shots.

That's...

That's definitely a thing.

Welp. Good thing I have a ceiling for the power level of my various handcannons because GOOD CRIPES, if anything would get out of hand on this thread it's absolutely my love of revolvers.

On 2020-01-07 at 4:36 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

It's actually one of the first results if you google "Lefaucheux double barrel revolver!"

An insane idea? What's this now?

And you make a good point. I think I may already have enough weapons that're only barely cosmetically altered from real-life counterparts. I've checked - it's actually five - Neophytou, Depezador, Quadrille, Bellatrix, Tarvoss. Though I will admit, the real-life Neostead already looks like it could be from Warframe. 

(The Vlcak does not count, because it's literally just The Alternator from Titanfall 2.) 

Trying to dip a bit more into the keg of regular old Warframe nonsense (See: The Pandero) could do me some good.

Welllll shet, lookitdat! The lass ain't wrong.

OH, right, what I was gonna say before reality collapsed.

A barrel for every chamber. Pull the trigger, you suddenly go one way Noisy Cricket style, a feckton of "bearshot" goes the other way, then you spend a few moments fumbling with the world's heaviest speedloader.

Indeed!

Edited by Unus

10 hours ago, Unus said:

A barrel for every chamber. Pull the trigger, you suddenly go one way Noisy Cricket style, a feckton of "bearshot" goes the other way, then you spend a few moments fumbling with the world's heaviest speedloader.

Like a pepperbox revolver!

ON1829__05_675a89ec-ebb0-4533-b9aa-04d0e

(Which is sort of like the Cascabel from earlier)

I've considered this sort of thing for a long time but I just wasn't able to come up with a gimmick to justify all the barrels that didn't make it feel like Pandero 2 Electric Boogaloo. The closest I got was with the Cascabel, and that's basically just a beehive grenade on a stick. Don't think too hard about how speedloaders work there.

10 hours ago, Unus said:

Indeed!

My willingness to go for odder real-life stuff (See: Bruin, Depezador, Neophytou, Avakan) and/or just make relatively normal stuff (the Bellatrix is just a taller Luger) is this thread's greatest strength and weakness.

• Like 1