Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So let's talk about the upcoming glass frame.

I think a neat ability would be one that has a duration of swirling glass in a very small radius around her, not really directly dealing damage to enemies caught within, but instead proccing slash or puncture.

A switchable toggle power where they could melt a target area or encase it in glass to proc burn or slow/knockdown respectively would also be useful.

Another titty frame? I don't mind that too much, but DE seems to have this idea that every bulky frame is male and every agile frame is female, which is absolute nonsense.
Male warriors who valued agility over raw power and employ a more graceful style of combat have very much been a thing both in fiction and reality for god knows how long.
And muscular female warriors who use brute tactics are also not unheard of. My point being, DE could at least try to mix things up a bit. This beefcake male and slender female frame stereotypical thing is kind of getting old and tiresome.

Edited by Oxstarz

2 minutes ago, Oxstarz said:

Another titty frame? I don't mind that too much, but DE seems to have this idea that every bulky frame is male and every agile frame is female, which is absolute nonsense.
Male warriors who valued agility over raw power and employ a more graceful style of combat have very much been a thing both in fiction and reality for god knows how long.
And muscular female warriors who use brute tactics are also not unheard of. My point being, DE could at least try to mix things up a bit. This beefcake male and slender female frame stereotypical thing is kind of getting old and tiresome.

you mean like trapdisc *coughs* I mean nezha? 

4 minutes ago, Fylas said:

you mean like trapdisc *coughs* I mean nezha? 

A better example yet would be limbo. The only male frame I have played that throws away the beefcake look for a more dapper and stylish approach. Probably because he plays like a magican.

5 minutes ago, Oxstarz said:

A better example yet would be limbo. The only male frame I have played that throws away the beefcake look for a more dapper and stylish approach. Probably because he plays like a magican.

well ash prime, volt , nidus, excalibur as well as chroma without his armor coat in totem mode aren't exactly mister universes either, they have a more limber appearance then most of the male frames :o nekros doesn't really count that's more of a "emaciated corpse" rather then thin and agile 

30 minutes ago, Oxstarz said:

Erm... Nezha, Limbo, Excalibur, Oberon (especially in Deluxe skin) not to mention the 2 dead bodies - Nekros and Inaros.

But I agree that we didn't really get any beefy females other than Saryn. 

As for the glass frame... it's fugly as quack. Unless it's super easy to farm or insanely powerfull I won't even bother to get her. Don want my other frames to get infected with fuglyness...

Edited by Wolfiusz

49 minutes ago, Wolfiusz said:

Erm... Nezha, Limbo, Excalibur, Oberon (especially in Deluxe skin) not to mention the 2 dead bodies - Nekros and Inaros.

But I agree that we didn't really get any beefy females other than Saryn. 

As for the glass frame... it's fugly as quack. Unless it's super easy to farm or insanely powerfull I won't even bother to get her. Don want my other frames to get infected with fuglyness...

to be fair this might be because keith just made what he usually does in terms of design choices and then slapped on glass elements rather then designing around the glass theme. 

https://keithwormwood.deviantart.com/gallery/

KeithPower_NextWF_Devstream93.jpg

So I was scrolling through Youtube and came across A Gay Guy Plays video on glass where he mentions DE was looking to him for potential suggestions on the upcoming Glass warframe. The only key ideas were molten glass, and hammers. So, rough as it is, here's what I came up with!

Base Stats: Health: 150 // Shield: 100 // Energy: 120 // Armor: 150

Passive: Orokin Forge

Orokin Forge is a “gauge” based passive, where the gauge is simply tied to your energy gauge.

Your load-in energy is the exact mid point of her gauge where all her base stats are just that, base level. As your energy goes up, the glass bits on her frame start to appear more like molten glass matching your energy color, reducing Glass’ armor, but adding bonus effects to her melee attacks and abilities. As your energy falls below the mid level the glass starts to harden, increasing her armor from its base level. At max her armor would double to 300, and at the minimum her armor would drop to 15. When over the 80% threshold of your energy gauge your melee attacks and offensive abilities will receive an additional 30% heat damage and will also splash small puddles of molten glass into the environment that remain for 10 base-seconds causing heat damage and 100% status procs to any enemy to pass over them. If an attack would reduce your energy enough to no longer receive the molten boosts, that attack will still cause the effects. The size of these puddles is directly correlated to Power Strength, and the splash range correlated to Range, and of course the duration tied to duration.

First ability:

Hammer Strike – Glass will summon a large glass hammer and smash it down onto the ground in front of her. The attack will always cause a shockwave similar to a slam attack that can knockdown enemies, or stagger them.  The size of the shockwave comes from range, damage of course from strength. This attack is meant to be relatively spammed to spread her molten glass without immediately depleting her passive gauge and make her the bruiser I imagine her to be, so it will have a very cheap energy cost.

Second ability:

Void Temper – This ability is going to be a channeled ability, similar in functionality to things like Banshee’s Resonating Quake in that you become “mounted” where you activated the ability and channel the attack until you get the desired amount of effect. Using this ability Glass’ will channel Health into her Energy gauge; i.e. spend health to get energy. The point of this ability is to help control her passive.

Third ability:

Shatter – This ability is meant to be a more AOE type attack capable of spreading mass amounts of Glass’ molten effects when possible and still showing off her glass related aspects when her passive isn’t at its strongest. When not molten this attack will cause a damaging explosion of glass shards and dust to erupt from Glass matching your energy color. When your passive is built up enough to cause molten effects Glass will erupt molten glass blobs rather than the shards. The molten glass left on the environment by this attack will last longer than the molten bits from Hammer Strike and melee attacks. This attack will also have a higher energy cost to help counter-balance Hammer Strike and moderate her passive. It will also be a rather powerful attack to help justify the energy cost.

Fourth ability:

To-Be-Named Exalted Hammer – The hammer itself is going to be rather small compared to other Warframe hammers, but definitely not as small as say Marvel Thor’s hammer (likely identical in appearance to the hammer in Hammer Strike). It is meant to be a bit more agile, while still maintain some feeling of a heavy weapon. Most of the attack combos will be basic swings, moving into wide swings (for more molten glass action) and generally ending with a spin or heavy smash (for a lot of molten glass action). Regardless of your passive gauge, this exalted hammer will always have the added molten glass effects and scale more strongly than her passive normally does in terms of the splash effects. However, the molten glass on the environment created from the exalted hammer will have a lifespan half as long as her passive. While in this mode, Glass’ other abilities will still be usable.

So I heard that DE has had some hiccups with the glass Warframe and her abilities. I already made a glass Warframe concept some time ago, but since they wanted something with molten glass as well as a big ol' hammer I came up with a new set of abilities. 

She also doesn't have a name yet so here are a few ideas:

Amberina - A type of Art Glass that varies in color from amber to ruby or purple.

Aurene - A type of ornamental glass with an iridescent surface.

Cintra - A type of decorative glass.

Marver - A steel (or marble) table that is used to shape the glass. 

Silica - Silicon dioxide, a mineral that is the main ingredient of glass. 

JJjASjN.jpg

Passive:

Glass warframe coats her melee weapon in glass which adds slash damage to it.

1. Molten Glass

Can be toggled on and off. While toggled the glass Warframe is able to spread molten glass across the environment and enemies, inflicting burning and slow, draining energy. When toggled back off the glass hardens, freezing enemies covered in molten glass in place, and glass across the environment will now stagger enemies and give allies a speed boost when moving across it. This could even be used to 'fix' those pesky broken Corpus windows!

2. Parison Bubble

Can be toggled on and off. While toggled the glass grows in a bubble around the glass Warframe until it reaches a maximum radius or is toggled off . While it is toggled on the bubble coats enemies that come into contact with it in molten glass which inflicts burning and slow. When toggled off the glass hardens freezing enemies and becoming a bullet proof 'shell' around her with a health pool. When the glass Warframe and her allies stand inside this bubble it could increase the zoom on their weapons (like a magnifying glass).

3. Reformed Reflection

The glass Warframe melts her glass armor, reforming it and giving it reflective properties, taking on the appearance of an enemy. Enemies may be fooled by this appearance and not attack her, for those that are not fooled by the image (such as bosses) the armor will reflect damage back onto the enemies. The armor could also be a toggle that drains energy, have a duration or even a health pool.

4. Shattering Hammer

The glass Warframe molds glass into a mighty hammer that does (impact?) damage when slammed down and shatters all glass created by her, including her Reformed Reflection and Parison Bubble, in a certain radius for a slash damage proc. Wielding the hammer could either be a toggle as well or last until the hammer itself, shatters.

Edited by SpaceSheepie

Hey all. Since DE said they were open to suggestions for frame powers, I thought i'd put a few suggestions forward that I would love to see. 

1. Shatter spear- Throw a glass javelin that shatters on impact, sending glass shards at nearby enemies. Enemies hit receive guaranteed slash procs from the cuts recieved.

2. Mirror Image- Become "invisible" by becoming a copy of a target enemy for a time, allowing you to pass unseen as one of the enemy. Attacking removes the effect (Like the T9000 from terminator 2 aka liquid metal. though in this case, liquid glass)

3. Refractive wall - Calls up a wall infront of you, allowing you and allies to shoot through it, and mesa style Auto aim any enemies visible to you through it with your equipped weapon. Using one of glasses properties of refraction. Shatter spears thrown into the wall will shatter and all enemies visible will receive the slash procs instead.

4. Glass Hammer - The glass frames signature hammer. 

Okay, i know some of them sound a little op, but I really do think these skills would be very fun to play with. I would like to hear your thoughts because if any of these abilities help DE create a fun frame for us to play then our work is done

2 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

Hey all. Since DE said they were open to suggestions for frame powers, I thought i'd put a few suggestions forward that I would love to see. 

1. Shatter spear- Throw a glass javelin that shatters on impact, sending glass shards at nearby enemies. Enemies hit receive guaranteed slash procs from the cuts recieved.

2. Mirror Image- Become "invisible" by becoming a copy of a target enemy for a time, allowing you to pass unseen as one of the enemy. Attacking removes the effect (Like the T9000 from terminator 2 aka liquid metal. though in this case, liquid glass)

3. Refractive wall - Calls up a wall infront of you, allowing you and allies to shoot through it, and mesa style Auto aim any enemies visible to you through it with your equipped weapon. Using one of glasses properties of refraction. Shatter spears thrown into the wall will shatter and all enemies visible will receive the slash procs instead.

4. Glass Hammer - The glass frames signature hammer. 

Okay, i know some of them sound a little op, but I really do think these skills would be very fun to play with. I would like to hear your thoughts because if any of these abilities help DE create a fun frame for us to play then our work is done

Didn't they say she would be use molten glass as her theme.  So for her 1: on contact the target(s) within 5 meters are hit with fire and slash damage. 2. dont you think we have enough frames that do this? instead of being invisible she becomes a walking statue of glass reflecting damage back to people. this buffs her armor until a certain degree.

3.  instead maybe it be bullets that pass through are buffed with fire damage with increased damage.  if shatter spear is thrown through it gain puncture and punch through.

4.  seems fine.but what about glass arm blades?

They did say she would use molten glass, but they also said they were trying new ideas for her.

As for other frames becoming invisible, yeah there are, but none of them let you look like and become a copy of an enemy unit. 

And the reason i said she had a hammer is cus they've already teased and showed it off. Otherwise i would probably have suggested something like a glass cannon, to play on the saying. 

there's more than one type of 'glass'.... she could be 'bullet proof' (well have less damage from guns), you have glass that is suitable for high pressure/heat etc too so there's plenty of options.  Maybe she can have reduced status effects, glass is used in test tubes for example. 

Honestly there are so many directions the dev's could take glass it would be a shame for it to be based off the 'breakability' of the glass we have in windows.