Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Listen To Warframe?

[DE]Rebecca

How do you listen to Warframe?  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2.1 (stereo + sub) speakers.

Surround: Its nice to hear the enemies trying to sneak up on you.

Proper sound implementation should allow this with two speakers, as you have only two ears.

Edited by Saenol

Headphones with good layering and soundstage, the only way to go!

Nuforce uDAC + Creative Aurvana Live! = eargasm

Also I've had great results with using more wide open headphones (with a really WIDE soundstage) although some directional cues sound unnatural because it's like you're in the middle row of a huge concert hall. Sennheiser HD800, AKG K701/702, Beyerdynamic DT990 would fall into this category. One could get used to it though, but I prefer a more comfortably sized spatial image sound-wise like on the CAL!'s. 

Hey guys,

The difference between the two headphone types:

Stereo: Regular stereo headphones that play the game back in stereo

Surround Emulation: Some headphones can simulate surround sound (5.1 or 7.1) but in a headphone format.  An example of this is the Logitech G35.

Our Sound team is interested in how you listen to Warframe! If you use a combination of methods (headphones sometimes, speakers other times) choose which best applies in our poll. 

We'll be closing this thread in 2 weeks (August 5th).

I mostly use my headphones with surround emulation in them, it's a Sound Blaster Rage USB Headset I got.  That's so I can use skype or other VOIP options with friends so we can talk as we kill defense waves.