Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Support your team and fill your role, especially in a hard mission

BoomyGordo

2 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

That's REAAAAAALLY stretching it though. It's more likely that a low-MR is low-MR because they're just new.

i know of a founder who remained mr 2 because he only played one frame and one set of weapons. idk if he still is mr2 or not but yeah.

9 minutes ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

i know of a founder who remained mr 2 because he only played one frame and one set of weapons. idk if he still is mr2 or not but yeah.

Yeah but it still makes absolutely no sense, we won't know anything else about them. I'm not asking if they're founders, because that doesn't matter, I'm asking for their MR if you can provide them, because I think that these people (besides the jerk trinity) could just be relatively new to the game.

21 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Yeah but it still makes absolutely no sense, we won't know anything else about them. I'm not asking if they're founders, because that doesn't matter, I'm asking for their MR if you can provide them, because I think that these people (besides the jerk trinity) could just be relatively new to the game.

I never understood asking for MR. Sure, below a certain number can easily indicate someone is new, but otherwise all it show how many stuff people played around with to level, nothing more.
I'm still sitting at MR 13 and just recently pushed for the past two MR to get a new load-out slot.

As for pubs, you will occasionally meet rude people, people who just play solo even with a group or people who don't really know what they are doing. I think the best you can do in these situations is simply to do your best and not get hooked up on others mistakes or rudeness.

Edited by Recel

31 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Why not ask for the hours invested in the game instead? MR still has no bearing on the relative skill level.

Just now, Mintaro said:

Hours wouldn't work as someone can be afk in the ship with trading or in a sortie afk to be carried.

AFK ship time only applies to Steam, time spent in the profile is more accurate as it is an indicator of how long they've played in a mission. AFK does hold true to that part, but at least it's better than Steam's logged times are.

My times according to Steam is over 2,500 hours, while my profile shows 1,300 hours in game.

Guy asks for the random players MR solely to inquire if the players were new - "MR DOESN'T MATTER" bandwagon jumps in. 

Seriously, if u're playing a random game I guarantee everyone is more glad to see a MR24 than MR8 join their squad. 

can't help when supports think they are more important than sticking to what the frame is suppose to do.
xD when i play trinity i try to keep a good eye on everyones health an energy so that way there isn't too much of a issue on staying alive, only time i fail at that is when there nothing to EV cause everyone kills what i have in my sight.

If your gonna be support then actually do what needed to help the team on a mission that easily can go belly up if plan can't be shifted on the fly. Taking limbo in for picking up allies an rev the target is well an does mean you lose out on dps, but atleast you have safe way to get everyone up.
taking a wukong with a good defy build doest almost the same as a limbo but able to easily fight back.
having nyx with asborb augment an powerfully dangerous weapon or something that can stall foes, standing at a good spot to make use of there weapon.
Just examples of frames that good with experience of the game play helps out alot.

Not saying everyone needs to learn there frame inside an out just learn that each frame better suited to certain missions an handicaps than others.

23 minutes ago, Recel said:

I never understood asking for MR. Sure, below a certain number can easily indicate someone is new, but otherwise all it show how many stuff people played around with to level, nothing more.
I'm still sitting at MR 13 and just recently pushed for the past two MR to get a new load-out slot.

As for pubs, you will occasionally meet rude people, people who just play solo even with a group or people who don't really know what they are doing. I think the best you can do in these situations is simply to do your best and not get hooked up on others mistakes or rudeness.

13 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

Why not ask for the hours invested in the game instead? MR still has no bearing on the relative skill level.

A lot of people I've seen in sorties are returning players who have 1000+ hours but only MR6 or so because there was no other content at the time when they played, I still think that MR is a better representation if it's lower than, say, 15-16, because everyone rushes to 16 to be able to use as many Rivens as possible. At about MR 12 I expect a person to be able to know what to do with all the maxed frames they own.

Just now, Praxxor said:

A lot of people I've seen in sorties are returning players who have 1000+ hours but only MR6 or so because there was no other content at the time when they played, I still think that MR is a better representation if it's lower than, say, 15-16, because everyone rushes to 16 to be able to use as many Rivens as possible. At about MR 12 I expect a person to be able to know what to do with all the maxed frames they own.

There are people that only use one frame and one set of weapons that run through these missions. I can't say how many there are, but the number of people I've seen not owning a single sniper for the "Sniper Only" conditions are pretty staggering and tell a bit about the play habits of some people.

1 minute ago, SurrealEdge said:

There are people that only use one frame and one set of weapons that run through these missions. I can't say how many there are, but the number of people I've seen not owning a single sniper for the "Sniper Only" conditions are pretty staggering and tell a bit about the play habits of some people.

Well there's pretty much no reason for most people to get a sniper if they don't know about that condition and don't care about MR. They're just too underwhelming because spaces are tight and enemies move fast. Forced Flinching on some snipers (Lanka damnit) makes it just not worth using over a regular rifle because you can hit all your bullets at any range and not lose anything. I personally really like the Lanka because it can just make stuff disappear, but I can see why people would take something like Tigris Prime or Soma Prime instead.

I love pugs

Like today sortie defence mission where everyone ignore the operator and guarding banshee who cc the whole map instead.

the best part was when one of them down all 3 of them down. 

And at that point i have to choose between the operator or the 3 down mate. And they don't even want to self revive.

To bad. I can almost hear the operator thank me

Had a weird sortie 2 today as well. Went in as Harrow with a team of ivara, limbo and a Nidus and ,for the life of me. I  was getting utterly wrecked which usually never happens. Team had to revive me repeatedly and i them, i honestly felt terrible until i saw the mission results. I killed 603 enemies while the runner up killed 176 and the other 2 players killed a total of 7 mobs between them not even exaggerating. 

I stopped feeling bad after that.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Had a weird sortie 2 today as well. Went in as Harrow with a team of ivara, limbo and a Nidus and ,for the life of me. I  was getting utterly wrecked which usually never happens. Team had to revive me repeatedly and i them, i honestly felt terrible until i saw the mission results. I killed 603 enemies while the runner up killed 176 and the other 2 players killed a total of 7 mobs between them not even exaggerating. 

o3o think you went down was cause your warframe felt how heavy you had to carry them

42 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

let me guess the other 2 players have underleveled weapon aswell? 

40 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ShadowBlood89 said:

o3o think you went down was cause your warframe felt how heavy you had to carry them

I laughed

Just now, drup33 said:

let me guess the other 2 players have underleveled weapon aswell? 

I didnt have time to check as i was frantically cycling between my CC, Penance and eyeing everyones hp to pop Covenant at the best times and burning all my energy on thurible so to get 160en head shot kills. 

Its just with the team composition...it didnt make sense why we struggled like that.

4 minutes ago, Nyaa314 said:

They do, when you mouseover sortie mission in starchart dropdown?

I'm aware of that. What I mean is the full extent of modifiers.

For example last week was a Excavation with Radiation modifier. I had a Nekros on the team who's shadows were killing team or destroying the extractor. They couldn't figure what happening until I explained that radiation is causing confusion making us kill each other. 

While the condition is listed, the definition can be a little vague. 

I had some frost prime who decided to come in with some of the lowest tier weapons all between level 3-10.

He did tickle S#&$ damage, none of us realized until we already cleared about 3-4 waves, but the lack of firepower completely screwed us, and I barely got any killing done between stomping/charging so I could safely ress the operative and squishier team mates.

PSA, don't be an &#! and come in without at least one decent weapon

I am in a place that I can't quite know that I will succeed at most Sortie missions.  Spy is an automatic success.  Which is odd since when I started Sorties I would hang back.  I only do them solo anymore after far too many issues (failures/Limbo 'helping' me).  However, I never feel confident about Rescue (expect the Grineer Galleon which I did way too many time early game) since I tend to have horrible luck and have to hack every cell to get the prisoner.  So I always go in a group there.  I also think boss fights are better in a group.

I have to agree with the OP.  I am finding Sorties only go one of two ways for me.  Either I tend to have to carry the squad or the mission is a boring cheese-fest waiting game.  A few sorties back it was a toxin survival.  So I load up my Nekros with Toxin resistance mods and hope the rest of the squad at least considers them as Despoil isn't going to generate enough health others.  I was mostly playing Nekros to make more life support as Sorties tend to run thin pretty fast.  The only other player that was useful was a Harrow who, because I really like Harrow, was using his 4 which allowed me to make more devastating head shots.  At the same time, I completely expect a Limbo to be in the squad for mobile defense or excavation since they make the mission trivia (though boring).  Limbo sometimes shows up for defense, but not enough for me to trust randos for me to play Loki to keep the operative from going suicidal.

I think Rivens have been built up so much that many new power gamers rush through the game to start sorties but don't have any other good gear or idea how to accomplish sorties.  They are just greedy for the power and/plat.  I haven't done a Sortie in while because I don't want to deal with it but also don't really want to do most of them solo.

P.S.

The whole MR rating thing isn't a black or white issue.  As a player that accidentally rushed MR (I liked trying out new weapons and didn't know that was what increased MR until about 10) I understand some players aren't the experts their MR states.  At the same time, there are lower MR players who are much better than their number states.  I look at it a lot like a college degree.  A high MR player should have developed certain skills and gear, and at very least, know how a variety of warframes operate to find put together tactical plans/roles when combined in a squad.  A MR 18+ player should know how to capitalize off the support powers of other frames and know how to pop Frost's snowglobe.  They should have an idea that after Harrow's invincibility ends they have dramatically better headshot crits.  I also think they should be able to parkour well enough to not easily get downed traveling across the map and keep up with the squad.  I don't expect that from lower MR players.  

If you are a lower MR player with the skillz to pay the billz, but don't wanted be treated as a new player.  Prove it and work on MR. At very least it is something else to do.  I suspect there are a few players that like that they aren't expected to be experts when in fact they are.  Outside of that, there is no reason to not increase MR as it only makes several other things in the game easier.

9 hours ago, NPC said:

Guy asks for the random players MR solely to inquire if the players were new - "MR DOESN'T MATTER" bandwagon jumps in. 

Seriously, if u're playing a random game I guarantee everyone is more glad to see a MR24 than MR8 join their squad. 

Eh, most of the people I tend to play with assume they will have to carry their PUG no matter their Master Rank after multiple pick up groups were we had a MR20 that knew less of the game than we did at MR8.