Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Annoying Respawn button

(PSN)SCRATCH__043

Great update, except for the respawn option when you are downed. I preferred it to be there when the downtime timer ends... Now I keep hitting that reload/respawn button and it costs me points. It's just annoying because when I'm downed I use my pistol to shoot and I automatically try to reload every few shots, even if you can't reload when downed by pressing the button. I would prefer the old way over this. Or change the button to L3 + R3 together. 

Edited by (PS4)SCRATCH__043

6 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

The respawn mechanic wont be going away. It sounds like it really needs a button change though. We on PC can re-load while downed. Why shouldn't you be able to?

He's complaining about the button used for it, because it's apparently the same button for reloading guns. He'd rather the two buttons be separate (i.e. move insta-bleedout to L3 or something)

9 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

He's complaining about the button used for it, because it's apparently the same button for reloading guns. He'd rather the two buttons be separate (i.e. move insta-bleedout to L3 or something)

17 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

It sounds like it really needs a button change though. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)SCRATCH__043 said:

Great update, except for the respawn option when you are downed. I preferred it to be there when the downtime timer ends... Now I keep hitting that reload/respawn button and it costs me points. It's just annoying because when I'm downed I use my pistol to shoot and I automatically try to reload every few shots, even if you can't reload when downed by pressing the button. I would prefer the old way over this.

Learn how to configure your controller.  What you want is to turn off the setting "Context action includes reload".  Then map context action to a button and reload to a different button.

The whole respawn thing is a context action.  As is using life support in survival and giving the sortie defense or rescue target a weapon.  All of which get confused with reloading when you have those combined onto one button.  This bad and should be a mandatory change for using a controller.  The default being combined is dumb but it is so its on you to change it.

16 hours ago, JesterTheNight said:

I agree, this actually happened to me (on ps4 of course). was down. tried to reload and respawned instead. It really shouldn't be square, it should be X.

This should go in the ps4 feedback section though, DE won't see it here.

Yeah somehow I can't post in feedback, don't know why.. Would appreciate it if someone could forward this post to that section

18 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Learn how to configure your controller.  What you want is to turn off the setting "Context action includes reload".  Then map context action to a button and reload to a different button.

The whole respawn thing is a context action.  As is using life support in survival and giving the sortie defense or rescue target a weapon.  All of which get confused with reloading when you have those combined onto one button.  This bad and should be a mandatory change for using a controller.  The default being combined is dumb but it is so its on you to change it.

Also, you have to tap the button to reload, for revive you have to press it for 1-2 seconds.