Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should we have harder MR tests?

Spartan336

3 minutes ago, VirtualViolet said:

I find it rather off-putting that you feel qualified to comment on the difficulty of mastery rank tests that you can't even be bothered to attempt to reach.

If it helps, I can get a screen cap of my Profile when I get back to my PC.

16 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

The map provides the energy required.

Four total 25-energy orbs spread around the arena that take longer to respawn than it does to run around collecting them, and Hysteria's energy cost continues to increase the longer you have it up. Also, the enemies don't drop energy.

This is what I'm talking about when I say off-putting. You complain that the mastery tests are too easy, but you have zero first-hand knowledge of them. You act like you're too good for mastery rank because it doesn't require enough skill, but you don't seem to have a firm grasp on the game mechanics. You act like you're better than people who say that such-and-such mastery test is too hard (something which I also disagree with), but here you are whining about a part of the game that you have yet to progress to.

5 minutes ago, VirtualViolet said:

Four total 25-energy orbs spread around the arena that take longer to respawn than it does to run around collecting them, and Hysteria's energy cost continues to increase the longer you have it up. Also, the enemies don't drop energy.

This is what I'm talking about when I say off-putting. You complain that the mastery tests are too easy, but you have zero first-hand knowledge of them. You act like you're too good for mastery rank because it doesn't require enough skill, but you don't seem to have a firm grasp on the game mechanics. You act like you're better than people who say that such-and-such mastery test is too hard (something which I also disagree with), but here you are whining about a part of the game that you have yet to progress to.

12-18 enemy's.

Did you even listen to what the guy was saying in that video? Sure, he was able to keep Hysteria up most of the time, but the fact that he had to resort to that is a testament to how challenging the test was (he still managed to get killed once). The fact that you can cheese it with invulnerability isn't really a criticism of the test, it's a criticism of Valkyr's Hysteria.

1 minute ago, VirtualViolet said:

Did you even listen to what the guy was saying in that video? Sure, he was able to keep Hysteria up most of the time, but the fact that he had to resort to that is a testament to how challenging the test was (he still managed to get killed once). The fact that you can cheese it with invulnerability isn't really a criticism of the test, it's a criticism of Valkyr's Hysteria.

"As long as you don't have invincibility." - My first post.

This is divulging into a pointless conversation with a triggered person. You've thrown in your 2 cents. Let it be. 

2 hours ago, Spartan336 said:

I've a MR12 who's been playing since 2013. I'm only MR12 because I'm honestly more of a "OMG SPACE NINJA" person than a grinder. Throughout my Warframe experience,

I wonder Why?

Aren't you keen to have a tigris prime for example?

What about riven mods that requires 12+ MR?

3 years and MR 12.. that makes me raise a lot of questions !!!!!

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

Just now, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

I wonder Why?

Aren't you keen to have a tigris prime for example?

What about rive mods that requires 12+ MR?

3 years and MR 12.. that makes me raise a lot of questions !!!!!

Tigris Prime is actually why I decided to go from 10 to 13. As for Riven mods, not a fan. If you need proof, look at my profile. Now. Are we going to get back on topic everyone?

4 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

"As long as you don't have invincibility." - My first post.

This is divulging into a pointless conversation with a triggered person. You've thrown in your 2 cents. Let it be. 

Am I irritated by an elitist whining about the game being too easy so he doesn't have anything to stroke his epeen with? Sure. Am I traumatized by it? Not in the least.

My opinion on the matter is just as valid as yours (maybe even moreso, since I've actually played the MR tests in question).

The game can be just as challenging as you want it to be. If you're looking for some objective measure of skill so you can prove how much better you are than everyone else, you won't find it here. That's not what Warframe is about.

4 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

Tigris Prime is actually why I decided to go from 10 to 13. As for Riven mods, not a fan. If you need proof, look at my profile. Now. Are we going to get back on topic everyone?

Not a fan?

So you don't do sortie?

Or not interested in a mod that makes your weapon better?

Do you know that a higher MR means more syndicate standing? more trades and more Void traces?

and if you don't care about MR, then why you care about the tests and their difficulties? leave that to players who care.

More questions !!!!!

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Not a fan?

So you don't do sortie?

Or not interested in a mod that makes your weapon better?

Do you know that a higher MR means more syndicate standing? more trades and more Void traces?

and if you don't care about MR, then why you care about the tests and their difficulties? leave that to players who care.

More questions !!!!!

...Really?

Unfortunately, ever since Draco became a thing, Mastery rank ceased to hold any particular meaning aside from how many gear you decided to level to 30, nothing more, nothing less.

People were always looking for ways in which they can cheese the tests, so I do not think that increasing the difficulty further will solve the issue at hand:

Players skipping content through the use of exp-farming nodes/methods to grind mastery. What should be changed, in my opinion, is how Mastery Rank is achieved, not just through leveling weapons or gear, but how much you have actually experienced. Of course, that's a separate topic altogether.

Just now, Rixuel said:

Grinding for items in-game is already hard despite the RNG and you need to rank up these items to raise your MR. Getting them and ranking them consume a lot of time.

You can reach MR 24 in 24 days, and that's only because of the 1 day wait limit. 

Just now, Spartan336 said:

You can reach MR 24 in 24 days, and that's only because of the 1 day wait limit. 

To go up a MR, you need affinity.

To get affinity, you need to rank up items like weapons, frames, sentinels, etc.

Are you saying I don't need prime/wraith/vandal/prisma items to reach MR 24 in 24 days?

Just now, Rixuel said:

To go up a MR, you need affinity.

To get affinity, you need to rank up items like weapons, frames, sentinels, etc.

Are you saying I don't need prime/wraith/vandal/prisma items to reach MR 24 in 24 days?

Point taken. But my point still stands. Obtaining and leveling stuff isn't that hard, well, as long as you throw some money at the screen. 

You are MR12, I'm a MR19. 12 and below tests are child's play. Once you hit that 15 marker that's when the game stops holding your hand on the tests. They are already difficult, the videos you watched are of users who probably practiced like no tomorrow before actually recording the video. You are talking about those who are either practicing it or doing the test.

18 minutes ago, (Xbox One)General D1rtbag said:

You are MR12, I'm a MR19. 12 and below tests are child's play. Once you hit that 15 marker that's when the game stops holding your hand on the tests. They are already difficult, the videos you watched are of users who probably practiced like no tomorrow before actually recording the video. You are talking about those who are either practicing it or doing the test.

I'm MR24, I passed ever MR test with flying colors up till 23/24 and i still passed them in the first try (also with the focus rework i guarantee the MR 24 test is going to be a cake walk). MR doesn't translate to skill currently, they should be harder. At lest I think they should be. 

OP has something of a point. Some of these tests are laughably simple and straightforward. But then again, what is the alternative? A multiple choice questionaire followed by a practical test, the entire ordeal taking 30-40 minutes? 

In my opinion. MR tests are at a good spot, the tests are specific with the occasional detailed harder one for some aspect. Mobility, aiming. Shooting while moving. Hacking, juggling multiple objectives at the same time. There are tests for these things and they are handled quite good. 

But in the end, the one thing DE should change about MR tests is that we don't have access to frame powers and use Conclave stats with enemies specifically tweaked for test purposes. This is supposed to be a test of skill not what cheese you prefer on your sandwich.

Though knowing the abilities of frames and using the right tool for the job is a skill, that could be a test onto itself. A progression of tasks that demand you use a specific frame or weapon with a short window that gives you access to an arsenal between each stage of the test.