Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

phobos junction is now impossible for new players

CorruptedSentient

how are new players going to even survive for 15 minutes in a survival for 150 enemies to be dead? i feel like its impossible now because new players have to kill LVL 30 enemies with starter weapons because the only place to get plastids are phobos. well not the only place but the lowest level place to get them. and for some reason 99% of the weapons need plastids in order to build them ;( the other 1% is the buyable weapons you can buy with credits or you have to spend 225 plat on a weapon that is not even that good! and who is going to spend 15$ on 1 weapon??? the market prices are rediculous these days and the only place to get a weapon for a good price is darvo's shop.

Edited by CorruptedSentient

You can go any mission (like Capture or Sabotage) and take your time finding enemies before completing the objective. Their LVLs won't go past 15, thus being easier for the new players. (did it myself in Sabotage)

If you want plastids, you can ask someone to taxi you to a node where plastids are dropped.

The weapons you get in the beginning don't need plastids, if I'm not mistaken. However, if you decide to get a weapon from the Market, you have a chance of getting a weapon that needs plastids to build it.

So, the junction isn't impossible. You just need to think a way to complete it using the starter weapons and the resources you have.

21 minutes ago, CorruptedSentient said:

how are new players going to even survive for 15 minutes in a survival for 150 enemies to be dead? i feel like its impossible now because new players have to kill LVL 30 enemies with starter weapons because the only place to get plastids are phobos. well not the only place but the lowest level place to get them. and for some reason 99% of the weapons need plastids in order to build them ;( the other 1% is the buyable weapons you can buy with credits or you have to spend 225 plat on a weapon that is not even that good! and who is going to spend 15$ on 1 weapon??? the market prices are rediculous these days and the only place to get a weapon for a good price is darvo's shop.

There are enough decent weapons that don't really need plastids. The bigger problem is that most new players don't really look at the blueprints for weapons in the market (I myself only bothered by the time I went past Saturn, and only did so vaguely).
I personally used boltor for a very long time, which is just fine for anything below lvl 40-50 if you run an average newbie build.

18 minutes ago, Trowicia said:

My girlfriend got 150 enemies easy from a Defense mission on Mars, as I let her do all of the killing while I backed her up on health and energy reserves.

There is no excuse as to why you can't do the same thing.

What if that player don't have gf/any friends ;_;.

36 minutes ago, Nyaa314 said:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Plastids

mars-ceres-jupiter-saturn

http://prntscr.com/gp4qfs The only way to get into Ceres/Jupiter/Saturn is through Phobos.

5 hours ago, Tom0ri said:

Mate, just ask region or recruitment chat. Most people will ignore you, but there's always people out there that're willing to help (myself included).
And again, a simple weapon like the boltor is good enough to get through it.
As for starter gear:
-Excalibur has his exalted blade, which in general will kill anything below lvl 50 as long as your build doesn't make the ability worse.
-Mag's bubble makes most enemies kill themselves below lvl 70, where armor scaling leaves grineer heavy gunners and bombards too strong to kill themselves.
-Volt's speed-up + his passive makes for easy hit-and-run tactics that kills most low lvl enemies easily enough with a melee (which is something anyone can figure out imo, I don't even expect them to use the shield's damage bonus on shots).

Also, as a sidenote, most players reach MR 3 before they reach the Phobos junction, since most players have to farm resources. Therefor they can simply buy a Lex, which kills almost any lvl 30 enemies with a few headshots, even when unmodded.

Warframe is a very easy game to play. There are no ridiculously complex interactions, unless you get into theory-crafting and min-maxing, which is end-game (just  before fashionframe). This task should never take more than 3 hours to figure out, and can be completed with any starter frame.
Aside from that, there are plenty of beginner guides out there that cover how to pass the early junctions. Phobos is one of those.
Frankly, if you don't feel like figuring out the frame you're playing, and lack the motivation to simply google how you should progress, you shouldn't be playing the game in the first place. If you are willing to do either of those, you'll get past it. Because if you didn't know, gaming is fun because you feel like you accomplish goals along the way. If you gave every new player a complete account so they wouldn't have to deal with some form of challenge, noone would play the game.

Uhhh....what?

I just took 3 brand new players through the Phobos junction and had no issues.  And by took them through, I mean I slapped on single digit leveling gear on a leveling Warframe and just picked them up when they died.  Took 15 rounds on a Defense and we were done.

• 1 month later...
On 2017. 09. 24. at 6:48 PM, Trowicia said:

My girlfriend got 150 enemies easy from a Defense mission on Mars, as I let her do all of the killing while I backed her up on health and energy reserves.

There is no excuse as to why you can't do the same thing.

Not everyone has a BF to get that... my friend dont want to play Warframe too.....

I asked people on DE 4 days straight and nobody has even interested while i needed help... so much to this... anyways he is right with this topic:/

Mhh weired i started on PS4 arround 3 weeks ago and had no problem soloing until i reached jupiter though the first real problem i encountered was Raptor due to the lag of Serration / Hornet-Strike and therefor ranged damage.

As long as you don't have to deal with flying targets, melee is very potent even with the scap mods you get from early solarrails/quest rewards. 

maybe they could cut down the amount of killed enemies to 100 wich seems more reasonable on that level (150 is arround the enemys you have to kill for mid 30-40 exterminations...)

What i think for begginers beeing needed more is a undamaged serration *or* hornet strike mod as railreward somewhere arround jupiter/europe as you will lack the ranged damage to take on that flying boss without either a potatoe to slap it full with other mods or one of the rather rare (for beginners) base damage mods.

oh and to those who're talking bout recruitment chat. I asked arround there for 2-3 hours 3 days straight without a reaction and found only 3 pub matches for him in that time (wich all failed due to lack of damage / not knowing how to beat the boss as they were new too) Alot of beginners might have quit in that timespan out of frustration.

On 9/24/2017 at 12:20 PM, WhiteSpike said:

If you want plastids, you can ask someone to taxi you to a node where plastids are dropped.

While true, this is not really a valid response to the concern about plastid availability. The game isn't designed around you getting taxied around the starchart, you're supposed to be able to do it without help from vets.

On 9/24/2017 at 12:20 PM, WhiteSpike said:

You can go any mission (like Capture or Sabotage) and take your time finding enemies before completing the objective. Their LVLs won't go past 15, thus being easier for the new players. (did it myself in Sabotage)

This is good advice. Captures are especially good for this. enemies will just keep spawning forever but won't level up. There's no need to do this in a high level survival.

On 11/19/2017 at 5:50 AM, Rosebeth said:

Not everyone has a BF to get that... my friend dont want to play Warframe too.....

I asked people on DE 4 days straight and nobody has even interested while i needed help... so much to this... anyways he is right with this topic:/

The point wasn't that she had help, just that she could do it. It doesn't sound like she really needed much help. If you head to a capture you should have no problem completing this without help.

3 hours ago, (PS4)GhostZeroFour said:

Mhh weired i started on PS4 arround 3 weeks ago and had no problem soloing until i reached jupiter though the first real problem i encountered was Raptor due to the lag of Serration / Hornet-Strike and therefor ranged damage.

The truth is Raptor is a bit OP. Especially OP for new players. Also Serration/Hornet Strike drop from Cetus bounties now so they'll be easier to get for newbies.

Also @CorruptedSentient 150 enemies killed is super easy if you know that survival/defense isn't the only place with infinite enemies. Try Mobile Defense or as the first response said, Sabotage or Capture.. Hell even exterminate just makes the enemies run away instead of having a limited amount of them because they kept getting stuck in odd places and prevent mission completion.

Edited by AXCrusnik

vor 2 Stunden schrieb AXCrusnik:

The truth is Raptor is a bit OP. Especially OP for new players. Also Serration/Hornet Strike drop from Cetus bounties now so they'll be easier to get for newbies.

Also @CorruptedSentient 150 enemies killed is super easy if you know that survival/defense isn't the only place with infinite enemies. Try Mobile Defense or as the first response said, Sabotage or Capture.. Hell even exterminate just makes the enemies run away instead of having a limited amount of them because they kept getting stuck in odd places and prevent mission completion.

mhh haven't gotten any of those 2 from bountys yet, usually getting common stances , credits, endo , or low ammounts of plaines ressources.

The main problem with both things you mentioned is, that new players get no hints on knowing this stuff. You have to look it up in the forums or wiki to learn about how important those mods are and that you should farm em. 

(forcing new players to rely on a quite *@##$y RNGesus to have a real chance of advancing rather early can cause quite the frustration wich is why i suggested putting *one* of the ranged damage essentials in a medium level solar rail)

Or that those non endless missions have actually unlimited enemies too to farm em, not to mention that there is no counter in mission on how many you still have to kill before you are allowed to extract (imagine the newbes face when s/he sees that 149 killcount at the endscreen and has to attempt it again due to a single enemy missing)

Long Text Short, what we need most are more informations ingame. 

Like a actualizing missionlog that can be blended in or put into pausescreen like those mini affinity quests,

Ordo leading new players to the codex and it's tutorial stuff

Actual explanationm of the importance of mods and how to actually find new stuff (blueprints) in the market 

On 9/24/2017 at 12:13 PM, Tom0ri said:

I used to know that "no gf" feeling, friends never actively play Warframe despite having prior experiences with the game.
I'm an extremely busy Tenno nowadays (in a state of cryostasis while I tend to real life business) - but if you or anyone else ever needs help with anything, shoot me a PM or add me in-game. I have access to everything so I'm never short of any particular thing you want done.

Edited by Trowicia

10 hours ago, (PS4)GhostZeroFour said:

Or that those non endless missions have actually unlimited enemies too to farm em

True the game lacks information but do you really need a wiki to tell you this? It's honestly kinda obvious when you play and the flow of enemies never stop. I didn't do any research to glean this information it was just apparent.

Edited by AXCrusnik

vor einer Stunde schrieb AXCrusnik:

True the game lacks information but do you really need a wiki to tell you this? It's honestly kinda obvious when you play and the flow of enemies never stop. I didn't do any research to glean this information it was just apparent.

Many players won't need a wiki for such information cause it is obvious to them (when i first started out on PC, the wiki was kinda nonexistent...) but many get lost and frustrated rather quickly in this age of flooding informations.... 

My older Brother (mid 30ths) found the tutorial so lacking that he quit and deleted the game before he even completed his basic Liset outfit , while a younger female friend of mine just played a few times on my PS4 and already gives other newbes hints and assistance...

Read the old Warframe review on IGN? The tester, someone who's supposed to get a hang of games rather quickly as it's his job claimed that you have to spend atleast 60 bucks on the game to get a go as almost every weapon and all other Warframes would be only aviable for platin/real money as he never found out about blueprints during his testing time. Actually i seen the same complain again several times in Steam reviews/forum a.s.o.

Long story short, there are people who get things quick and others who need their hand holded until they feel confy. Not offering the options for the latter greatly reduces the potential playerbase size.

There are ways as mentioned above to get them pretty easily but if you are struggling I highly highly recommend asking in recruit chat. You would be surprised how many people are bored and willing to pop on a nekros or hydroid or combo them to get you puking resources you might need. It is an online game and I myself typically play 99% of the time solo, but sometimes we gotta go outside of our comfort zone.

With that said, look me up tonight if you are having trouble and I will do just that.

• 3 months later...
On 11/22/2017 at 2:55 PM, (PS4)GhostZeroFour said:

Many players won't need a wiki for such information cause it is obvious to them (when i first started out on PC, the wiki was kinda nonexistent...) but many get lost and frustrated rather quickly in this age of flooding informations.... 

My older Brother (mid 30ths) found the tutorial so lacking that he quit and deleted the game before he even completed his basic Liset outfit , while a younger female friend of mine just played a few times on my PS4 and already gives other newbes hints and assistance...

Read the old Warframe review on IGN? The tester, someone who's supposed to get a hang of games rather quickly as it's his job claimed that you have to spend atleast 60 bucks on the game to get a go as almost every weapon and all other Warframes would be only aviable for platin/real money as he never found out about blueprints during his testing time. Actually i seen the same complain again several times in Steam reviews/forum a.s.o.

Long story short, there are people who get things quick and others who need their hand holded until they feel confy. Not offering the options for the latter greatly reduces the potential playerbase size.

You're older brother is just a retard it seems like...