Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relics MR2

CREEPERONBLOG

Question

7 answers to this question

Relics are basically treasure chests; you run special missions (fissures) with one equipped (chosen when you start the mission, not in your arsenal), and you have to pick up 10 Reactants that drop from enemies in that mission. They're hard to miss, you'll know them when you see them.

At the end of the mission all players get to open their relics, and everyone can choose between the loot that becomes available. Eg., you play with one other guy, you get a Braton Prime Stock and he gets a Carrier Prime Systems - you can both choose to get, as an example, the Braton Prime Stock from your relic.

First, unlock Relic Segment for your orbiter from Mars Junction from Earth.

You use them to get Prime parts. Prime warframes and weapons have increased stats compared to original, but its not a rule, some are sidegrades.

To use a relic, go to Fissure mission indicated by fire like icon. Equip a relic, then proceed into mission like normal you would do. Enemies can be spawned as corrupted variant (with different weaponry) or a yellow lightning can "convert" normal enemies to corrupted. Kill corrupted and converted for them to drop reactants, glowing orange things. When you collect 10 of those, relic opens at end of mission, also you get timed random corruption buff. Warframe get double ability range and strength, weapons get unlimited ammo, melee get channeling cost reduced to 1. Opening relics gives also Void Traces, used to improve relics rare part drop chance.

Playing with group allows you to select reward from relic from the other people, so you have better chance to get things you want. Parts and blueprints can be traded with other players, but you cant trade build item from a blueprint. Relics can also drop Forma blueprints and those are untradeable. Use Forma to build Dojo, certain weapons, or change polarity slot on lvl 30 item or Frame.

8 minutes ago, CREEPERONBLOG said:

Hey, I am pretty new to the game and I recently got my first Relic. I was wondering what Relics do and how I use them. I am also only on Venus so don't judge.

Relics are how you get Prime Parts. If you look at the mission tab, you'll see a fire-like symbol. Those are the current void missions. The missions, just like the relics, and split into 4 tiers. Lith(1), Meso(2), Neo(3), Axi(4), with each mission getting harder as it increases in rank. To play these missions, you need to equip a relic of the same type as the mission. You then...

1: Complete the mission objective.

2: Make sure to collect Void Reactant from dead enemies. You need 10, or the relic wont open. 

Once you do both of those, head for extraction. If you just play by yourself, you'll get one of the Primed Parts your Relic drops, which can be viewed at the relic station in your Liset. If you're playing with 4 people, however, you can choose between 4 different drops, making playing in groups far better.

After playing, you may notice that you're picking up void traces. Those are used to level up relics and make rare drops less rare, giving you more of a chance to get them. 

You have to unlock the Relic terminal in your Liset to be able to see how many of what kind you have.  In order to do that, you have to complete the Earth > Mars junction.

Once you have done this, you can see what Relics you have, what they drop, and even use Void Traces to augment your drop chances. 

Using Relics is fairly simple and straight forward; you go to your Navigation and on the top right bar, click on the little icon that looks like flame.  This will provide a drop down of all active Fissure missions throughout the system.  You click on one that you want to do, and as long as it's on a node you have unlocked, you'll get a prompt to select a Relic for that Fissure's Era.  If you do not want to use a Relic, simply click "Play without Relic" and you can still run the Fissure mission and pick up the Reactants, gaining spare Void Traces.