Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fashion Mods?

Spartan336

So we all know Fashion Frame is endgame, so what if we expand on that? What if we created mods that did cosmetic things instead of, well useful things? Things like making Limbo's 4 a square, or adding ice-spikes to frosts globe. Maybe when you shoot an enemy in the head confetti explodes out of it. You could do some sound stuff with it to. You guy's can probably come up with better idea's for these mods than I can.

This could probably be done with something besides mods to. 

uhm... so far the only "cosmetic" mods we have are the status ones which change the effect particles coming out of the arrow, bullet or sword, the augments which sometimes change the style of the ability slightly and the bullet jump mods which give particle effects to it (ice, fire, electricity and some sort of explosive effect which is related to puncture dmg if I'm not mistaken).

To be fair, I don't think having mods with cosmetic purposes fit warframe at all. I mean, we want to look as hot as ever doing missions, but we also want to be as effective as possible. If these cosmetic mods fit in special mod places or in cosmetic gear like helmets or syandanas, then yes, but if it takes important mod slots... it'd be a no go for me.

Would be nice for mods like Hush to be able to add a Silencer/Suppressor and we do have Augment Mods for Abilities and so on, so I wonder if this could be possible for more cosmetics and cosmetic effects, at least where they make in-game sense?

11 minutes ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Would be nice for mods like Hush to be able to add a Silencer/Suppressor and we do have Augment Mods for Abilities and so on, so I wonder if this could be possible for more cosmetics and cosmetic effects, at least where they make in-game sense?

This. Existing mods could have logical visual adjustments. See magazine mods on a Penta. Overall though, people like to look a certain way and don't like to have to look differently or suffer inferior stats. 

Do think Hush should also have audio fx, would be how they sound while using Banshee Silence. 

Edited by Kinetos

Oh.. I LOVE this idea!!! 100 x doubleplus good!!

These can be placed as "augments" you can buy from the Syndicates. Because they already have frame and weapon(theme) specific mods - and thus a system for it... 

I'd love for my Nekros to, instead of covered in slime in my energy color, eminate death, like seeping clouds, when in descecrate mode...
Or have Hydroid leak water from his pores, because.. because.. he needs to be wet right?
Trinity can haz flashing lights, like an ambulance..
Volt's passive.. see the static build up grow, from his feet, then up his leg.. 
Ember.. gets to have patches that look like her burnt enemies.. you know, the ash with smouldering stuff

I could go on like this for a while!! 

I can absolutely see a part of our community totally fall in love with this idea, and another part will absolutely hate it. So, a switch in settings should be available - because salt.

Edited by ComCray
because I can!!

1 hour ago, ComCray said:

Oh.. I LOVE this idea!!! 100 x doubleplus good!!

These can be placed as "augments" you can buy from the Syndicates. Because they already have frame and weapon(theme) specific mods - and thus a system for it... 

I'd love for my Nekros to, instead of covered in slime in my energy color, eminate death, like seeping clouds, when in descecrate mode...
Or have Hydroid leak water from his pores, because.. because.. he needs to be wet right?
Trinity can haz flashing lights, like an ambulance..
Volt's passive.. see the static build up grow, from his feet, then up his leg.. 
Ember.. gets to have patches that look like her burnt enemies.. you know, the ash with smouldering stuff

I could go on like this for a while!! 

I can absolutely see a part of our community totally fall in love with this idea, and another part will absolutely hate it. So, a switch in settings should be available - because salt.

I'm just imagining Trinity with Ambulance lights running over Kira Yoshikage right now. 

But yeah. It's not for everyone. But anyone who doesn't like them doesn't have to use them.