The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Twitch Prime Free Primes

Voltage

On 10/10/2017 at 4:43 AM, SharkPot said:

180 ain't alot bro, That's close to insignificant in this game, Most of the people complaining about the twitch prime stuff are much older players probably having more than 10x of your playing time, And on top of that the void system that used to be while much more fun, it also needed alot more grind than the pansy system you have now. So, older stuff like that needed alot more grind than now. If you have no clue what's going on really, don't reply. Also you people are getting full sets, slots, catalyst as well, So for a "promotion" that's alot, considering you already got a Frost Prime which goes for about 500 plat before this event and is a very meta frame. 

Also if ya say soma prime one of the best crit rifles and with a proper riven easily dominating over most weps only being overshadowed by a few status weps, Scindo a weapon which defined the whole melee 1.0 which was succeeded by scindo prime,on which the heavy wep meta(War,Galatine Prime) is based on, revived heavy weps in melee 2.0 and having 2 of the best stances in the game is not good for you, Proves the fact how less you know about this game. 

I never said 180 hours is a lot, but its the game I've played the most in the past 2 weeks since I got the game and 180 hours is a lot in a time span of 2 weeks for those who have jobs. 

I never said they weren't good weapons I just stated they are no longer the best weapons in the game just like you even said so yourself, they are powerful end game weapons that will help newer players reach end game content is what I said.

4 hours ago, Caderyn said:

I just just stating that the only problem I've seen people have with is vet players complaining about how its going to ruin the price of their soma primes that they've been saving to sell, that's what I was commenting on

Well of course it's going to screw the market a little, everyone knows that. The think is, YEAH they did spend a hell of a lot of time getting Soma prime parts, so yeah I think I'd be pissed off too if I spent tons of time farming something for the purpose of selling it for some value and then all of a sudden it's free so now everyone has it. What a waste of time that will be, huh? Lucky or me I seem to have a luck cloud over my head for most things so I can't really complain too much, I'm only spending about 10 hours farming for a few parts vs 100 hours for one damn piece (I will find you Fragor Prime bp... someday).

6 hours ago, Caderyn said:

I never said 180 hours is a lot, but its the game I've played the most in the past 2 weeks since I got the game and 180 hours is a lot in a time span of 2 weeks for those who have jobs. 

I never said they weren't good weapons I just stated they are no longer the best weapons in the game just like you even said so yourself, they are powerful end game weapons that will help newer players reach end game content is what I said.

So, you mean to say kick progression and actually playing the game out of the window, just because people don't have time? The main point of a game is to spend free time if you have, Nobody asks you to grind, if you make time well and good, if your RNG is amazing well and good.

On 10/10/2017 at 12:48 AM, Sentinel-14 said:

So, DE partners with Twitch in a mutually beneficial arrangement. DE offers free stuff to Twitch Prime members, enticing people to buy Twitch Prime. Twitch gets money. In turn, existing Twitch Prime members see free stuff being offered for this free to play game called Warframe. They check the game out to claim the free stuff and possibly stick around, spending money on plat or prime bundles. DE gets money.

No one forces Warframe players to sign up for Twitch. It wont hurt your gameplay experience to not have the Twitch goodies. Nor will it hurt the experience of players who already have those goodies. Twitch streamers don't hurt for not playing Warframe. Everyone wins, no one loses.

And yet, people complain. Why? Because you've saved parts and pieces of weapons and frames that were once high-value but now are worth nothing? This is the problem with any game with an in-game economy: a subset of players learn the market and get on top, then subsequently b**ch and moan when something happens to undercut their position. It doesn't matter if that something actually brings more players to the game. The only thing that matters to them is their ability to make fictional money in a fictional economy. Someone had to buy the plat that was going to buy your Frost Prime set. Now, I guess you'll have to be the one to buy plat since your sets aren't worth anything.

Or maybe, you know, hold on to them for a while. Once the promotion is over the items wont be available. Surely you'll find some players who missed out and want the gear: sell it to them.

I'm happy Frost Prime was given away for free. More people get a chance to experience what a fun frame it is. I'll be just as happy when they give out Soma Prime and Scindo Prime too. I care more about people having fun playing the game, not playing the economy.

So, you're basically saying that playing the game for a long time and selling your wares for their respective price is being evil towards new players as your time and money spent in game is not equal to the worth of the newer players? In case you're wondering DE makes more money out of prime releases than plat btw. As no one actually buy's plat, Most people who load up plat, actually never buy it from the standard price unless they have a discount coupon, Majority players get it from price access which also bundles plat along with other stuff such as affinity boosters and so on.
With the advent of twitch prime and all of this bs, Do you think the people spend on prime access would actually spend for the new ones? Not really, due to a few reasons, number 1 point would be this twitch prime bs and following that is the simple fact that the frames that are inline to be primed are just not on the same level of the recent frames, which is already hurting their sales evident from the hydroid prime sales.
So, yeah jokes on you when ya say about economy and plats in trading, as major plat loaders would not load in much as stuff that they want is no more there and no more trust from player's by DE due to this twitch prime bs.
Also on a completely irrelevant personal opinion, This:

20 hours ago, Zanchak said:

I don't -sell- things so I personally give no s**ts about prices and Im tired of people assuming thats why others are upset. That entirely is not my issue even in the slightest and here you are 180 hours in (???) thinking you know what every "vet" is like and that we all want to rip you off. Take 5 seconds, 5 minutes, 5 hours to watch the lazy foul mouthed c**p flying around in regions from these "entitled noobs" who think the whole games like that and are literally demanding things, then tell me its doing what its meant to.

My mute button has never had so much use until these deals and the coming PoE overhype.

An extremely accurate description about newbies. I and a few of my guild mates and friends had started running a small group about people to introduce and ease newbies into this game, After about 6 months most of us had left it.Why? As more than 90% of newbies feel that a gearing party that helps ya learn the game, teaches which nodes are good for what, easing through the exp grind, helping grinding for prime parts == straight up giving them all the latest prime sets for free, Some the good newbies are still in our guilds, But the remaining I hope I never see them again.

23 hours ago, Zanchak said:

I don't -sell- things so I personally give no s**ts about prices and Im tired of people assuming thats why others are upset. That entirely is not my issue even in the slightest and here you are 180 hours in (???) thinking you know what every "vet" is like and that we all want to rip you off. Take 5 seconds, 5 minutes, 5 hours to watch the lazy foul mouthed c**p flying around in regions from these "entitled noobs" who think the whole games like that and are literally demanding things, then tell me its doing what its meant to.

My mute button has never had so much use until these deals and the coming PoE overhype.

I miss worded a few things I did not mean to bunch all vet players or even the majority I was just stating the majority of people with an issue with this twitch prime access that I've seen are people complaining about market prices. acting like they would rather see the game die than have new offers to bring in new players and give them a more even playing field. Its common for mmos after a few years to make reaching max level easier to let newer players catch up to the end game content cause what are all the dlcs and new missions based around? The end game not early game. If they bring out more primes ect that would be stupid but I think a single prime set (warframe,primary,secondary and melee)what isn't the best but still in the meta is a nice little boost helping players catch up to the current content

Oh no people are getting something for free the horror. Oh no i have to watch a streamer to get something for free the horror. Oh no i haven't thought about just turning the stream on an muting it then playing the game. Imagine that If something costs money people complain if something is given away for free people complain. Some people just love to complain. Seems to get them through the day. 

4 hours ago, SharkPot said:

So, you're basically saying that playing the game for a long time and selling your wares for their respective price is being evil towards new players as your time and money spent in game is not equal to the worth of the newer players? In case you're wondering DE makes more money out of prime releases than plat btw. As no one actually buy's plat, Most people who load up plat, actually never buy it from the standard price unless they have a discount coupon, Majority players get it from price access which also bundles plat along with other stuff such as affinity boosters and so on.
With the advent of twitch prime and all of this bs, Do you think the people spend on prime access would actually spend for the new ones? Not really, due to a few reasons, number 1 point would be this twitch prime bs and following that is the simple fact that the frames that are inline to be primed are just not on the same level of the recent frames, which is already hurting their sales evident from the hydroid prime sales.
So, yeah jokes on you when ya say about economy and plats in trading, as major plat loaders would not load in much as stuff that they want is no more there and no more trust from player's by DE due to this twitch prime bs.

That is not what I said at all; please do not put words in my mouth. What I said was that it seems most of the people upset about this are the ones who play the market, which is a small (albeit vocal) subset of the overall player base. Warframe is not a game about sitting in trade chat and making the most fictional currency. It's a game about doing ninja flips while shooting things and throwing space magic. I very much doubt DE designed their game with the intent that players would sit around and play the market: the market is simply meant as a means to help facilitate playing the game. The market is a service to allow players who do not want to spend real money, to trade their prime parts with people who DO want to spend real money. That way, nothing is off limits to those who don't want to pay real money. I don't think DE considers if any decision they make will hurt how people play the market (I could be wrong*), because the market is not what you're supposed to be playing: you're supposed to be playing the game. Run missions, get loot, use/sell/trade it, repeat. The fact that we can only trade Prime stuff, the stuff that is typically behind the paywall, is proof enough for me that the economy was not meant to be played.

I've seen some comments here from players who don't play the market, and it seems to be a roughly even split between those who don't care, and those who are upset that their exclusive/rare items suddenly became less exclusive/rare. For the one's who don't care, they either welcome others getting cool stuff, or simply sell the gear for the slots. For the others, it's not about the money, it's about the prestige. It's about them having something other people don't have. It's ego. I've seen it in Destiny too, and it has no market. This just shows that even if there was no in-game market, there would still be some people complaining about this decision.

Those who got those items for free are doing what the devs intended: enjoying the game. I'm truly sorry if that negatively affects your enjoyment of the game, but this is good for more people than it is bad.

Edited by Sentinel-14

On 9/27/2017 at 2:54 PM, Tricky5hift said:

I see it this way: More free primes = more new players. More new players = more potential customers.

So while the immediate effect on the Warframe market may be negative, it might actually be better for it in the long run.

^^^ This right here. ^^^

I got Frost Prime from the first Prime for Prime promotion (I already had Twitch prime through Amazon prime) and it helped me a lot ranking up. It is one of my favorite frames to use. And I've bought plat a few times now to buy other prime frames, weapons, and mods. I don't think this promotion hurts anyone. On the contrary, it will stimulate the game's trade economy by bringing new players to the game wanting to buy mods and other prime items, like me. If you only depend on Frost/Soma/Scindo Prime for plat, then you are not doing it right...

4 hours ago, Sentinel-14 said:

That is not what I said at all; please do not put words in my mouth. What I said was that it seems most of the people upset about this are the ones who play the market, which is a small (albeit vocal) subset of the overall player base. Warframe is not a game about sitting in trade chat and making the most fictional currency. It's a game about doing ninja flips while shooting things and throwing space magic. I very much doubt DE designed their game with the intent that players would sit around and play the market: the market is simply meant as a means to help facilitate playing the game. The market is a service to allow players who do not want to spend real money, to trade their prime parts with people who DO want to spend real money. That way, nothing is off limits to those who don't want to pay real money. I don't think DE considers if any decision they make will hurt how people play the market (I could be wrong*), because the market is not what you're supposed to be playing: you're supposed to be playing the game. Run missions, get loot, use/sell/trade it, repeat. The fact that we can only trade Prime stuff, the stuff that is typically behind the paywall, is proof enough for me that the economy was not meant to be played.

I've seen some comments here from players who don't play the market, and it seems to be a roughly even split between those who don't care, and those who are upset that their exclusive/rare items suddenly became less exclusive/rare. For the one's who don't care, they either welcome others getting cool stuff, or simply sell the gear for the slots. For the others, it's not about the money, it's about the prestige. It's about them having something other people don't have. It's ego. I've seen it in Destiny too, and it has no market. This just shows that even if there was no in-game market, there would still be some people complaining about this decision.

Those who got those items for free are doing what the devs intended: enjoying the game. I'm truly sorry if that negatively affects your enjoyment of the game, but this is good for more people than it is bad.

Well player's are not opposed to helping new players, But they are opposed to the items when people grind-ed out for months after months only to be belittled by DE, When the first twitch prime promotion came everybody was more than welcome to it, But, with 2nd promotion which they are doing to make the game popular, they are making it into a publicity stunt,And also a fact this is nothing but a start for the things to come in Oh sure many people will come to try out, But the continuous disrespect towards people who play and fund the game to where it is now, the people who buy the prime access with a guarantee that what they get is exclusive, is no longer true,all of it will hit the tipping point. This had already become obvious when prime packs were re-released, specially the you guessed it Frost and Ember prime pack. So, yeah can't wait to see the results of the next prime access with all of this "new players who love this game" and how many of these will remain in game after 2 updates.
I was going to do a giveaways for all of 20 sets of each prime frames and weps to newbies below playtime of 500 hours for PoE promotion, But yeah now im not gonna do it, I would rather give it to people who understand the value of grind over time than these newbies who think they understand everything about a game.

15 minutes ago, SharkPot said:

Well player's are not opposed to helping new players, But they are opposed to the items when people grind-ed out for months after months only to be belittled by DE, When the first twitch prime promotion came everybody was more than welcome to it, But, with 2nd promotion which they are doing to make the game popular, they are making it into a publicity stunt,And also a fact this is nothing but a start for the things to come in Oh sure many people will come to try out, But the continuous disrespect towards people who play and fund the game to where it is now, the people who buy the prime access with a guarantee that what they get is exclusive, is no longer true,all of it will hit the tipping point. This had already become obvious when prime packs were re-released, specially the you guessed it Frost and Ember prime pack. So, yeah can't wait to see the results of the next prime access with all of this "new players who love this game" and how many of these will remain in game after 2 updates.
I was going to do a giveaways for all of 20 sets of each prime frames and weps to newbies below playtime of 500 hours for PoE promotion, But yeah now im not gonna do it, I would rather give it to people who understand the value of grind over time than these newbies who think they understand everything about a game.

2 minutes ago, vvhorus said:

The word "exclusive" associated with the current Prime Access is not for weapons or frames, only gear and cosmetics...

https://www.warframe.com/prime-access-faq

I agree with vvhorus. Buying Prime Access is mainly for supporting DE to, not just getting stuff. 

Just now, vvhorus said:

The word "exclusive" associated with the current Prime Access is not for weapons or frames, only gear and cosmetics...

https://www.warframe.com/prime-access-faq

Well DE did say excalibur prime was forever gonna be exclusive yet they released excalibur umbra under the name of excalibur prime in china and we still don't have Excalibur umbra. Also when they bought back prime frames for re-release recently ,they launched it as packs which funnily enough also included accessories and everything else of that "time limited exclusive pack", You can search "Fire and Ice pack" which included frost and ember p with all their og prime access goodies.

1 hour ago, SharkPot said:

Well DE did say excalibur prime was forever gonna be exclusive yet they released excalibur umbra under the name of excalibur prime in china and we still don't have Excalibur umbra. Also when they bought back prime frames for re-release recently ,they launched it as packs which funnily enough also included accessories and everything else of that "time limited exclusive pack", You can search "Fire and Ice pack" which included frost and ember p with all their og prime access goodies.

Read the FAQ. 

It states that Prime Access exclusive content is able to return in other Prime access and Prime Vault packs.

That little bit has been in there since the Prime Vault started.

• 1 month later...
On 27-9-2017 at 8:11 PM, Xaranoth said:

Soma is still one of the best (if not the best) automatic rifles in the game. Scindo got powercreeped by galatine, but it's still a very strong weapon (that can use tempo and cleaving, two of the best stances in the game imo). I personally don't think giving away top tier weapons to new players (as a company; individual to individual is a different matter) is a good idea. Welcome to the era of MR0's running around with nothing but soma's and scindo's.

The Scindo is mr 4 and the soma mr 6 so new players still have to play for some time to get these weapons. I'm a casual gamer and I after 2 years am only mr7 so you're not going to see any mr0 with these weapons. I do ge tthat you're upset about losing value but It's also fun for newer players to start off with a bang so they can get stuff that better suits them like nikana prime or tigris prime eventualy. (sorry for spelling, I'm from Belgium)