Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn why is she good? or bad?

Berserk-King

14 hours ago, Fezeal said:

Saryn is the Queen of clearing out a low level Defence Mission like Helene on Saturn if she uses energy pizzas, ok great most of us know that but so is Ember and others if set up that way.

This will be different for everyone but personally i rate a frame on how long it can solo MOT in the void (aka T4 Survival). That place really exposes weak frames for me, i needed to spam her 4 as a stun just to stay alive, Tank frames when you take them in there Inaros or Valkyr or Ice Chroma you can see within 5 minutes they are considerably better let alone 50 minutes but even the squishy frames like Nyx or Volt and Mag for example are considerably better than Saryn at staying alive with their CC (mags 4 can be good cc with Natural Talent will debuff armor too). 

Of course there is more to her than dominating low level defence and sucking at t4 survival but i don't know so i am asking you guys or more specifically Saryn mains or players or people who love the frame, what is she good for? whats she bad for?  am i being unfair or am i wrong about the survival comment? thx

u are quite aware that saryn has more than just her spore (and miasma) right ? even in high level spore is supreme because it proccs viral. killcount/dmg dealt is not the most important part there. also there are weapon-frame synergies. something many ppl dont care about or mabye even dont know is the fact that u can run her with a melee setup too and literally faceroll enemies. use her toxic leash with a max range zenistar built for example and that with corrosive at least. unless u hit lv 150+ enemies molt does a good job of keeping u alive if ur careful, anything higher requires stealth anyway like it does for many frames going solo who dont have a projectile repelling ability like zephyr or mesa (kind of). now why do i mention toxic leash ? it increases zenistars dmg on the disc too and kills from it cause the augment to spawn toxic clouds. being huge aoe u can literally spam the area with toxic clouds, running a corrosive/cold zenistar for instance strips armore and slows enemies which does also allow the cloud to dmg them further in case they want to run out of them. and u can still use spore and/or miasma. so, what do we have ? viral dot +proccs, corrosive proccs, cold proccs, good sustained dmg from zenistar, toxin dmg clouds, which also scale in size with warframe's range and durability. like this example or not saryn is also melee viable, FUN and her reg. molt makes her deceptively durable. even if u compare her to a really tanky frame many have issues regenerating health on their own effectively. it works, ofc so i dont think a real comparison should be made there, but for an AoE dmg/dot caster who still does its fair share later in the game she is really durable and is quite flexible build wise, even if many ppl only play her with spore and reg. molt in mind with a max range setup.

btw, if u think she can only clear low lv stuff like helene...and that with energy restore....then ur build must be totally off. she can carry things like hydron to wave 20 easily only using spore and reg molt. if u rly want to speed it up u can slap a miasma in there sometimes. in sorties the dmg is still very notable to even without miasma.

37 minutes ago, ashrah said:

no reson to use sarin to be honest everything saryn to equinox will do  better

when u reach a level of enemies where only slash proccs or the infinitely scaling dmg from equinox still do dmg, yes. if u consider what the average player plays, which is not enemies lv 200+, then its really difficult for equinox to outdmg saryn. maybe lv 150+ when armor starts to be a real pain and spore is only good for the viral proccs and saryn starts relying realy heavily on her weapons then u ya, equinox will outdmg her. other than that equinox can not ever beat saryns range/Dot and especially not the sustain. nightform can heal, yes, but if it comes to her own durability saryn is better overall and provides more overall. saryn literally has 3 damaging abilities which have very good damage types and for melee it scales really well into late game with the chosen melee weapon. i mean if u love equinox np, but i have yet to meet anyone in a "normal" game to outdmg saryn. exterminate for example where u cant efficiently spread spore is better for ember if u have one in ur squad so she will beat saryn there. quake banshee can outdmg her too in defense but she will need energy restore or a trinity like crazy. saryn on her own is much more energy efficient so if we break it down to a dmg to energy consumption relation only ember can beat her realistically depending on the build used. equinox sure has the slash damage type on her side, she dishes good damage too, dont get me wrong, but i think u underrate saryn range on spore and the silly spread capabilities. if u go for max range on equinox and u will still not reach saryn level, then ur damage will suffer, or energy consumption. saryn wont have any issues there whatsoever if u build her right.

greetings

Edited by Xydeth

13 hours ago, Fezeal said:

Thanks didn't know about that nerf

It's because it's not true... Gas got fixed because it did stealth finisher dmgs, it was a bug. 
But it's still working like before, spreading a toxin proc to mobs around

Dunno what this guy is talking about, but don't trust him :clem:

Spoiler

unknown.png
Just shooting the middle one with 100% gas proc, you can see the ticks on the mobs around (screenshot made 10sec ago)

Edited by Xgomme

3 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

It's because it's not true... Gas got fixed because it did stealth finisher dmgs, it was a bug. 
But it's still working like before, spreading a toxin proc to mobs around

Dunno what this guy is talking about, but don't trust him :clem:

same here, i rly wonder what hes talking about. gas still works like before aside from the stealth bug. gas is still a very strong procc, not as strong as before but then again "Bug". wont beat slash for sure later in the game but for elemental weapons its probably the best damaging procc besides viral health reduction.

Edited by Xydeth

I can give you two very big reasons why she's good ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ok forreal though, she's pretty good IMO.

Give her a gas Ignis and she'll annihilate everything with her spores.

The rework really de-emphasized Miasma to the point where its not very worth building for but the rest of her kit got a substantial buff.

18 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

Soloing T4 survival is too narrow. Warframe is a team game, not a solo game, and frames that do well at soloing T4 survival aren't necessarily standouts in any other situation.

I beg to differ on the Warframe is a team game not a solo game idea.   :D  The whole game with the exception of raids can be completed solo.  As for frames that are good a survival not standing out anywhere else, Ivara would like to have a little conversation with you.  hehe.  Please don't take this the wrong way Tenno.  Just having a little fun.

Now to OP, Saryn can be a beast in many different ways.  One of my personal favorite ways is to pair her with high status weapons (*cough* Pox  *cough*)combined with Condition Overload and Healing Return on melee.  Melee of choice is the Silva & Aegis Prime with the Final Harbinger stance.  Using a nice combination of her powers, you can cause all kinds of devastation while constantly healing from melee attacks.  This isn't a tactic that is completely unique to Saryn, but she's one of the frames that can probably utilize it the best.   

25 minutes ago, Nyaa314 said:

Did you try syndicate augment? I heard an opinion that radial gas proc destroys spores before it can spread them, but no hard evidence.

Thank you for mentioning the augment.  I previously didn't notice it.  My choice of the Silva & Aegis Prime was strictly due to it's high status and straight up style points it has with the Final Harbinger stance.  I'll have to try the augment for it and see if I like it.  Thanks.  :D

On 10/3/2017 at 9:06 AM, motorfirebox said:

I don't recall ever being beaten on kills by an Equinox on my Saryn.

It can be argued that the effectiveness of Slash procs scale better than Viral/Toxin procs, but it depends on each frame's mods as well. Not to mention player knowledge, skill, etc., whatever.

Either way, I play for fun. I leave min-maxing to the mathmologists out there.

On 10/3/2017 at 9:06 AM, motorfirebox said:

I don't recall ever being beaten on kills by an Equinox on my Saryn.

I suspect this might, I repeat might be because of killstealing.

Saryns viral procs essentially may count as half enemy health dealt as damage by Saryn, but only if the enemy dies.

That coupled with dealing even 1 damage by spore tics on top of the viral proc means even if an equinox does the killing it counts as an assist (which doesn't show up in the mission screen I believe) for the Equinox and a kill for the Saryn.

Since technically speaking Saryn did over 50% of the damage to the enemy.

This is just a theory though. Because Ive ran missions where I was basically just speading spores with ok amounts of strength and still got most kills depite my teammates murdering everthing while I focussed on protecting Excavators in Hieracon.

Edited by Madway7

On 10/4/2017 at 4:55 PM, DaftMeat said:

It can be argued that the effectiveness of Slash procs scale better than Viral/Toxin procs, but it depends on each frame's mods as well. Not to mention player knowledge, skill, etc., whatever.

Either way, I play for fun. I leave min-maxing to the mathmologists out there.

The issue with viral procs are that they last 6 seconds. This means that it certainly helps increase the levels at which pure dps shreds enemies but armor scales exponentially in comparison. This results in a pretty hard cap on the effectiveness of viral (this is why corrosive projection is so absurdly good, 4x corrosive and you can kill infinite level enemies ez, it's stupid).  That hard cap being the point at which you can't kill the enemies before the viral proc ends bc after that they get that health back.

Ultimately I think Saryn is fine and she certainly keeps up way better than many other warframes in the damage department thanks to viral. I think she (and other warframes) could be way way better though if they change the way armor works or scales bc that's the huge limiting factor on the ability of warframes to scale with the enemies.  

1 hour ago, KurryB said:

The issue with viral procs are that they last 6 seconds. This means that it certainly helps increase the levels at which pure dps shreds enemies but armor scales exponentially in comparison. This results in a pretty hard cap on the effectiveness of viral (this is why corrosive projection is so absurdly good, 4x corrosive and you can kill infinite level enemies ez, it's stupid).  That hard cap being the point at which you can't kill the enemies before the viral proc ends bc after that they get that health back.

Ultimately I think Saryn is fine and she certainly keeps up way better than many other warframes in the damage department thanks to viral. I think she (and other warframes) could be way way better though if they change the way armor works or scales bc that's the huge limiting factor on the ability of warframes to scale with the enemies.  

The time limit on viral procs isn't really an issue for Saryn, though. Unless you run out of enemies or energy, she's constantly popping and repopping spores. Everything on the same side of the planet of Saryn is always at half health.

On 10/4/2017 at 2:55 PM, DaftMeat said:

It can be argued that the effectiveness of Slash procs scale better than Viral/Toxin procs, but it depends on each frame's mods as well.

It can certainly be argued, but Maim's slash proc is extremely weak. The initial hit that triggers the slash proc only deals 150 damage (so the proc itself deals 367.5 damage over 6 seconds), and while that scales with strength mods, it's not anywhere near enough to compete with Saryn's viral/toxin stacking. 

Maim's power comes from its burst, not its initial slash proc. While you could use Nova and Saryn and Mirage or something to boost Maim's slash procs to ridiculous heights and make it a killfield, that would only scale so far, and would require an entire team to be built around it.