Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glassframe's name should be changed again, check this out DE.

Seratuhlis

16 hours ago, Seratuhlis said:

Kagami

Italians would have a lot of fun on that name. It's like you are saying "defecate on myself".

What about Shatter or Shard? Or whatever related to molten glass.

I also suggested Murania, look for reasons in my thread.

Edited by giovanniluca

11 hours ago, Hayabusa97 said:

, or B. one of the lucky 25 MR5+ high quality posters with spotless records selected at the end of the month.

wait...thats a thing? I just post on the forums cuz its fun and i like to get my ideas out...now i have agoal in forum life!

3 hours ago, Seratuhlis said:

KjG3WT2.jpg

lol @everyone in this topic. You don't have to be a massive weeb to understand visual motifs based on ancient cultures. This is the original design, they switched her alt helmet to be her main, and yet its still samurai influenced. If you payed attention to history class, or at least googled Samurai, you'll notice that although it looks really weird, the helmet is based on a style of cavalry armour used by the samurai called "o-yoroi", and the flexible strands resembles the visual style of their layered armor and cloth.  As for Mesoamerican themes, it doesn't seem to feel like it, is it the use of green? is it because of its use of volcanic glass? Does its design invoke the feeling of a Mesoamerican warrior draped in feathers and leopard skins? Nah, it lacks the cultural themes of either the Aztec, Mayan, Olmec, or Nahuatl influence.

Also y'all ninjas need to calm down over this thread, jeez.

You see an "O-yoroi" helm, I see a french knight.

_quot_o_yoroi_quot__wip_by_mellomarrero- VS 18d5fed52b9156d38cd92eb72559deac--knight

Could it be a combination of the two? I'm willing to say yes, but to say it's only a Samurai is ridiculous. Look at her armor, you can clearly see the cross.

44d23e2833b1ab8b57ba258e3de39440--chival

Edited by Archistopheles

12 hours ago, Hayabusa97 said:

That makes it sound like it isn't worth trying get a position on the Design Council, which already sounds like a pain to get since one has to be either A. a Master or Grand Master Founder, or B. one of the lucky 25 MR5+ high quality posters with spotless records selected at the end of the month.

That sounds like a lot of work just to become part of a subforum where your vote means jack S#&$ since it is basically a glorified suggestions box going by how names and augments are selected. 

I don't think my vote has ever meant anything in any situation, by which I mean in votes outside of Warframe.  A vote is a drop in the ocean of voters and popularity contest does not always lead to what is best.  

Aaanyway....  I don't really care about not getting a vote on the name and I rate the ability to put forward suggestions much higher.  We might not have Animal Instinct if I hadn't suggested a Nightmare mod with both Loot and Enemy Radar.  It then got combined with someone else's suggestion of making a Loot Radar for pets and became something better than either of our ideas.  I doubt either of our suggestions would have won a vote though.

If you don't think it's worth trying for then don't try and you've not missed out on anything, by your own thinking. 

Alternatively, make productive suggestions and comments, generally be a decent human being, and maybe you'll get selected.  Just don't fret if you aren't.

5 hours ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

uhm... where the hell did you get gara=sand from? its called gara because (as stated before) its a shortened version of garasu, which is glass in romanji (a form of japanese writing)

although gara on its own stands for something completely different than glass..... 

Silica. Most people who know what silica is would associate it with, I would imagine, sand as it is quite plentiful on the planet, a great deal more than glass. Then there's the packets of silica used as desiccants in food and clothing. It was also more of their ridiculous appeal to the masses when DE never said or implied that they would be looking at the highest rated in the thread, they just said they wanted a list of suggestions, from which they would pick or modify to get the name they liked the best.

6 hours ago, Archistopheles said:

You see an "O-yoroi" helm, I see a french knight.

_quot_o_yoroi_quot__wip_by_mellomarrero- VS 18d5fed52b9156d38cd92eb72559deac--knight

Could it be a combination of the two? I'm willing to say yes, but to say it's only a Samurai is ridiculous. Look at her armor, you can clearly see the cross.

Not seeing the cross, although you are certainly correct about its knight like features. Mainly the face resembling an armet and the shoulder armour resembling pauldrons with a besagew.

As for French Knights? Nah they can go back to getting #rekt at Agincourt.