Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pondering on the Lotus

Krion112

3 hours ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

I would like to say that it would be truly awesome to play as a bad guy in a game. Not just playing a villain campaign like in Starcraft, but play an online game that is ever going, and be the force of evil that everyone fears.

I think quite actually a few players here would love to see that working, which actually could turn to be refreshing on the whole aspect of an MMO game. But aside from that, we still need more data.

And if I remember well... Ballas is mentioned for the PoE update, which means... Another Orokin appearing? I mean, aside from the Twin Queens and maybe, MAYBE Alad V? (maybe mentioning as an Orokin's worker, taking into account that he is more Corpus than any other thing).

Plus, why I have the impression that the Orokin, at least taking into account the physical description of Ballas, they look like the Kollossae from "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning"? Still, amazing as hell.

8 hours ago, Krion112 said:

The Natah and Second Dream quest clearly implied that Lotus is a Sentient, the/a daughter of Hunhow. And Lotus moved the moon, only after the hierarchy of the Orokin were dismantled, which means she didn't need to disguise herself to the Orokin. And it wouldn't be that hard for her to specifically do, considering the strength of the Sentient comes from their ability to subvert technology, and considering Lotus is Sentient, it's not that far fetched that she rigged the whole moon to enter the void.

By "copy of Margulis" I mean that her form matches that of Margulis, while she herself is a Sentient, and other people have physically seen her as such.

Something that I've realised as this thread progresses is that Sentients aren't "alive", they're sentient robots. We know that Sentients grow new soldiers when their fragments break off - it's detailed in the Crewman synthesis, and Hunhow calls Sentient soldiers his Fragments. It's likely that Sentients simply reproduce by fragmenting through adaptation, with the Void being their only true weakness, and that's why Tenno are the only ones who can beat them.

My theory is that the Lotus's sterility is in fact the inability to grow Fragments, or "adapt" as normal Sentients can. That might also be the reason she didn't just die from crossing the Void, as she was transformed into the impostor-form and stripped of the powers of a normal Sentient. In fact, as we see in Octavia's Anthem, Sentients are quite capable of inhabiting and assimilating other minds, so it's feasible that the Sentient just grew a new host body that looks like Margulis, and then told Natah to hop in and assimilate it, essentially making her human. This would also explain why she fears Hunhow's discovery of her so much; if she's just a physical body without the extraordinary resistance to death that Hunhow has (we've "killed" him about three times now) then it would be easy to destroy her.

3 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

By "copy of Margulis" I mean that her form matches that of Margulis, while she herself is a Sentient, and other people have physically seen her as such.

Something that I've realised as this thread progresses is that Sentients aren't "alive", they're sentient robots. We know that Sentients grow new soldiers when their fragments break off - it's detailed in the Crewman synthesis, and Hunhow calls Sentient soldiers his Fragments. It's likely that Sentients simply reproduce by fragmenting through adaptation, with the Void being their only true weakness, and that's why Tenno are the only ones who can beat them.

My theory is that the Lotus's sterility is in fact the inability to grow Fragments, or "adapt" as normal Sentients can. That might also be the reason she didn't just die from crossing the Void, as she was transformed into the impostor-form and stripped of the powers of a normal Sentient. In fact, as we see in Octavia's Anthem, Sentients are quite capable of inhabiting and assimilating other minds, so it's feasible that the Sentient just grew a new host body that looks like Margulis, and then told Natah to hop in and assimilate it, essentially making her human. This would also explain why she fears Hunhow's discovery of her so much; if she's just a physical body without the extraordinary resistance to death that Hunhow has (we've "killed" him about three times now) then it would be easy to destroy her.

What is "alive"? They are self aware, self replicating, respond to stimuli.

Hunhow and Natah should have both lost or kept the same abilities, they both crossed the void.

5 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

My theory is that the Lotus's sterility is in fact the inability to grow Fragments, or "adapt" as normal Sentients can.

Hunhow explicitly says "wombs in ruin", and Hunhow is able to make fragments which all "adapt" despite himself suffering the same damage, so it's pretty much traditional sterility

Hunhow first appeared to us using a "burned" version of Lotus's shape, referring to it as "this form" not as a "fragment" (Which is used later explicitly to refer to the Sentient Fighters.)

I think that The Lotus has transfered her "Oro" (If that's what the Sentients call it) into a humanoid form, but that she could still control a full Sentient body from that humanoid form. My guess is that as she is "younger" that Hunhow her original form would be smaller than Hunhow's (Hunhow seems to distinguish it's "class" as "Sentient Destroyer of Worlds"). I'd also imagine that she would hide it, perhaps covering it with something that would hide it's sentient nature.

Perhaps something like this:

3LotusThroneTest3D.jpg

12 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

I think that The Lotus has transfered her "Oro" (If that's what the Sentients call it) into a humanoid form, but that she could still control a full Sentient body from that humanoid form. My guess is that as she is "younger" that Hunhow her original form would be smaller than Hunhow's (Hunhow seems to distinguish it's "class" as "Sentient Destroyer of Worlds"). I'd also imagine that she would hide it, perhaps covering it with something that would hide it's sentient nature.

"Sentient Destroyer of Worlds" may not be just a "class", but more likely it may refer to how powerful Hunhow is, no matter what physical form he inhabits.