Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will the "Plains of Eidolon" act as a relay? (more than 4 people in it)

IllumiMahdi

Question

I know Cetus will act as a relay however, I would like to know if you can only take 4 people into the Plains because that would be kind of.. well disappointing.

I understand Warframe will be undertaking the seamless transitioning system and the gate you see before you go into the Plains will work like a loading screen if I'm not mistaken? Does that mean that only your squad can go into the Plains and be seen there from your perspective?

Edited by IllumiMahdi

13 answers to this question

the plains are instanced, so yes, only one squad at a time. its mainly due to the fact that the game uses P2P for its mission hosting, this does cause some issues(host migration) it does save them the money that would have to be spent on more servers tho.

5 minutes ago, Xriah said:

Would b nice if you could do up to 8, like a raid

I've been thinking this myself, and would love to see it. I'm not sure how feasible it would be, and how much tweaking on difficulty scaling they would need to do.

This! I’ve put much thought into this recently,

2 hours ago, DannytheBlader said:

Cetus acts as a relay but when you leave the gates it turns into a 4 player squad mission. and no info on trading has been released related to PoE yet that I know of.

And this,

On 10/7/2017 at 12:45 PM, NightBlitz said:

the plains are instanced, so yes, only one squad at a time. its mainly due to the fact that the game uses P2P for its mission hosting, this does cause some issues(host migration) it does save them the money that would have to be spent on more servers tho.

At first I was wondering how on earth their servers would accommodate this, it’s obvious now, it will be a relay, and squad specific when leaving, probably similar to being in a relay with a squad and navigation, mission selecting amongst a squad. It’s a cost friendly, more efficient, effective way of going about this transitional update.