Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A new kind of Augment Mods

Crimson_Ruby

It's an idea... I dunno if it's ok to post it here... :/
Why don't you make augment mods that makes Warframe Abilities to interact with each other...?

An example: Doing Excalilur's Radial Javelin inside a Frost's Snow Globe creates proyectiles outside the Globe that do Ice and Impact Damage and/or freezes enemies and adds more traveling distace to the base + modded Radial Javelin used.

Another example: Doing a Atlas Tectonics and thowing it thru a Vot's Electric Shield makes the boulder to gain Electric Damage and explodes on contact doing Electric Damage to nearby enemies and/or stuns them.

It could be fun... and maybe could make ppl to play thogheter...
It could add versatility to strategies in organizad cells and makes little changes in each playstyle in pugs too, depending on what Frames are your teammates using...
(In second though... a pug it totaly random... so you can install a mod for a ability combination with a Frame that no one in your cell is using... so it could be pretty useless unless changin the mod mechanic... but Idk...)

I think something more like:

Spoiler

Nekros:

Spoiler

-Casting Soul Punch on an enemy under the effects of Terrify causes Finisher damage.
-Casting Shadows of the Dead while Desecrate is active causes the Shadows who successfully kill enemies to drop twice as much loot.

Inaros:

Spoiler

-Casting Sandstorm when enemies are Desiccated causes them to take finisher damage.
-Casting Scarab Swarm while enemies are marked for Devour instantly turns them into a permanent Sand-Shadow, until they die.
-Casting Desiccate on Sand-Shadows refreshes their lifespan.

Chroma:

Spoiler

-Casting Spectral Scream while Elemental Ward is active multiplies Power Strength by 100% for the duration of Spectral Scream.
-When Elemental Ward and Vex Armor are active at the same time, +100% aimglide duration.
-When casting Spectral Scream with the Effigy detached, deal 100% status chance and a chance to proc a random element.
-Chroma can now switch elements using an alternative ability that can be toggled to (Elemental Switch).
New passive: Rapid Adaptation: Taking damage while the Effigy is attached will result in 5 seconds of resistance to one damage type, with a 5 second cooldown.

This issue was addressed by the Devs when people asked if certain frames could have synergies with each other (i.e. Oberon and Titania) and I recall that they gave a firm no because it would mean that there was an advantage to pairing up specific frames and a distinct disadvantage when not pairing them up and you'd inevitably end up with combos that were really OP and everyone would only use those frames.

Edited by Ceryk

2 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

This issue has been addressed by the Devs when people asked if certain frames could have synergies with each other (i.e. Oberon and Titania) and I recall that they gave a firm no because it would mean that there was an advantage to pairing up specific frames and a distinct disadvantage when not pairing them up and you'd inevitably end up with combos that were really OP and everyone would only use those frames.

Oh, didn't know that. Thanks.
Well... I understand. But they could launch all the synergic mods altogether, and if one mod is too OP they could nerf it.
I don't think it's too different from the frame itself... there are op frames and kind of useles frames... thats why they make reworks... to fix that.

BUT... on second thought... Everytime they want to put a new frame, they will have to make a lot of mods for that frame. (33 in the case of that new "glass frame", for example) so it could be a pain to make new frames... (OP fixing aside...) xD

8 hours ago, Ceryk said:

This issue was addressed by the Devs when people asked if certain frames could have synergies with each other (i.e. Oberon and Titania) and I recall that they gave a firm no because it would mean that there was an advantage to pairing up specific frames and a distinct disadvantage when not pairing them up and you'd inevitably end up with combos that were really OP and everyone would only use those frames.

That argument would make far more sense if every frame was self-contained, there are distinct dis- and advantages for pairing the frames we have now, through most of them have quite a big overlap in what they achieve so the issue of having to bring the right frame to even begin playing is far less prevalent, compared to e.g. Overwatch's TOO MANY/FEW TANK/SUPPORT/HEALER/DPS.

7 hours ago, Crimson_Ruby said:

Everytime they want to put a new frame, they will have to make a lot of mods for that frame. (33 in the case of that new "glass frame", for example) so it could be a pain to make new frames... (OP fixing aside...) xD

Elaborate on that part because I have no clue what mods you are talking about.

8 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

To be fair magnetize + EB is considerably more powerful than magnetize+old RJ

Possibly, likely, but do let me have a nostalgia trip every once in a while. At any rate, most stuff nowadays is significantly more powerful than we had back in the days.

This can be done but has to be as non-specific as it can be.

For example Saryn casts Molt and you decide to hit it with another frames skill. Physical damage would create a metallic layer on it increasing the total hp and armor of molt while elemental damage would create spores on the caster to deal additional toxic damage on every skill use.

Frosts globe could be reacting to abilities, projectiles would create icicles on the orb dealing damage equal to 10% of the original attacks damage as slash, aura effects and aoe strikes could resonate the globe to create a slowing and low damaging ice aura around it.

10 hours ago, JuicyButthurt said:

Elaborate on that part because I have no clue what mods you are talking about.

6 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

This can be done but has to be as non-specific as it can be.

For example Saryn casts Molt and you decide to hit it with another frames skill. Physical damage would create a metallic layer on it increasing the total hp and armor of molt while elemental damage would create spores on the caster to deal additional toxic damage on every skill use.

Frosts globe could be reacting to abilities, projectiles would create icicles on the orb dealing damage equal to 10% of the original attacks damage as slash, aura effects and aoe strikes could resonate the globe to create a slowing and low damaging ice aura around it.

^ I meant something like this.

If the "synergy mods" are too specific, then every time DE wants to make a new frame, they will have to make a ton of "synergy mods" for it to be able to compete with the existent frames, and not be overshadowed by them having "synergy mods"... It would add a lot of work for DE to launch a single frame. With more frames, it will be more and more work so it's not viable...

It's better what Fallen_Echo says. If the "synergy mod" is non-specific, then it could synergies with various frames.
That way you don't fell "forced" to bring a specific frame, and it would be more usefull in pugs, where you don't know what frame your teammates will be using...

Spoiler

(I haven't studied English much... so, when I write more than 3 words I start to feel like a Russian trying to swear... "F*cked p*nis from the mountain!" or something like that. Hahaha)

11 hours ago, JuicyButthurt said:

That argument would make far more sense if every frame was self-contained, there are distinct dis- and advantages for pairing the frames we have now, through most of them have quite a big overlap in what they achieve so the issue of having to bring the right frame to even begin playing is far less prevalent, compared to e.g. Overwatch's TOO MANY/FEW TANK/SUPPORT/HEALER/DPS.

Doesn't sound like you actually understand the conversation being had. We're not talking about frame classes, we are talking about frames gaining explicit, intentional advantages when paired that only occur when those frames are paireds. i.e. Bonus damage done when Nezha uses Devine Spears and Ember then hits those enemies with Fire Blast.

Edited by Ceryk

5 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

Doesn't sound like you actually understand the conversation being had. We're not talking about frame classes, we are talking about frames gaining distinct advantages when paired that only occur when those frames are paired that can only occur between those two frames. i.e. Bonus damage done when Nezha uses Devine Spears and Ember then hits those enemies with Fire Blast.

Nezha's fiery trail or chakram deal bonus damage to enemies affected by Ember's accelerant, here's synergy for you.

Edited by JuicyButthurt

Just now, JuicyButthurt said:

Nezha's fiery trail or chakram deal bonus damage to enemies affected by Ember's accelerant, here's synergy for you

Like I said, you don't understand the conversation being had here. Has nothing to do with unintentional and largely inconsequential things like that.

I know there is some kind of synergy already... but I'm aiming to something more special, or more powerfull, at the cost of a mod slot.
But not only for a few frames (like Titania and Oberon and to hell with the rest, for example) but something that all frames could have in common.
Every single added effect of the combinations would be unique, or limited to a small group of frames, but every frame could do a combination with at least one other frame.
So, the combination of Synergies would be more powerfull than the original ability (cos the added effect) but not OP in every way. (that's the idea)
For example: Excal's EB is awesome to kill lots of units... but for a Sortie Spy mission is useless.
The combinations could be for more power, added effects or utility... idk, what do you think?