Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Questions

Grieves.

Hello! 

now im on mr22 near to mr23, i finished my archwing, full modded my question is "what now?" 

this game forced us to play archwing (for mastery and some other stuff) but they give us no chances to making experiences while playin archwing. 

So where is : 

Relict Mission ? opening and farming
Survival Mission ? i looking on every single planet and i cant find anything
Defense Missions - no where i can find denfeses just on kuva fortress with the archwing option.. thats a joke i hope.. 

So i mean, i played archwing, on the beginning it sucks for me really hard, because no mods and something like this, but now i have alot of fun with playin archwing but after 4 years still no missions for archwing :/ 

fissures cant happen in archwing missions,

there are no survival missions for archwing, you're already in space so theres no life support to cut anyways

ad they removed archwing defense with SotR last year cus it was painfully slow and no one liked it

Edited by NightBlitz

The closest to Defense/Survival is the Uranus Intercept mission, which is essentially AW Draco. Until Plains happens.

Admittance: I enjoy zooming past my enemies and massacre them in a wave of projectiles, or powers. Even better when the Experimental Flight mode is enabled, allowing you to fly like how one would a Sabre in Halo: Reach.

The ONLY part which I dislike about Archwing is the tight Corpus Trench run tileset. It needs to be up-sized.

Edited by Koldraxon-732

32 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

ad they removed archwing defense with SotR last year cus it was painfully slow and no one liked it

I liked it.  :sadcry:  The only issue I had was that the objectives didn't have scaled health like all other Defense/Mobile Defense objectives.  The double rewards for keeping both ships going was a nice touch I felt.

1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

First they add AW survival, people complain.

There was never Archwing Survival, only Archwing Defense.

1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

They remove it, people still complain.

The concept of Archwing Defense was never bad, it was the execution. We're glad that the original version was gone, and sad that they never replaced it with the good version

54 minutes ago, Katinka said:

I liked it.  :sadcry:  The only issue I had was that the objectives didn't have scaled health like all other Defense/Mobile Defense objectives.  The double rewards for keeping both ships going was a nice touch I felt.

You liked enemies having abysmal spawn rates in massive rooms where you had to squint to see them, ensuring the only way to play without being incredibly frustrated was to spam Elytron's 3 everywhere?

As I said in my previous post, the concept was fine, but I don't believe anyone who says the execution was even halfway passable, much less good

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

You liked enemies having abysmal spawn rates in massive rooms where you had to squint to see them, ensuring the only way to play without being incredibly frustrated was to spam Elytron's 3 everywhere?

I didn't have issues with spawn rate or spotting targets.  I'll admit there were issues with units getting stuck in spawn points, although it's not like that never happened in regular Defenses.  As to spamming Elytron's 3, I don't see that any different from keeping a Snow Globe or Bastille up in normal Defense, it's just what gets done in that kind of mission.  Also, it would be less necessary to maintain constant bombardment of the area if the objective had properly scaled health and wasn't at 500 regardless of enemy level.  But as I said, what I really liked was being able to get two rewards every 5 waves making it easier to get the Rotation C rewards that you need.  That's somethign I would have liked to see brought into regular Defense missions but I doubt we'll ever see it tried again.

Just now, Katinka said:

As to spamming Elytron's 3, I don't see that any different from keeping a Snow Globe or Bastille up in normal Defense, it's just what gets done in that kind of mission. 

As Frost, the enemies come to you and you still have to kill them (unless you were REALLY cheap and brought energy pizzas to spam 4). As Vauban, same deal, you still had to manually kill the enemies. In both cases you had to look at each enemy and click. The point is, the wave did not end until you made it end. It was active

As Elytron, you plonk down your damage fields, and the enemies basically killed themselves. You didn't need to know which damage field they were in. It was passive

2 minutes ago, Katinka said:

But as I said, what I really liked was being able to get two rewards every 5 waves making it easier to get the Rotation C rewards that you need.  That's somethign I would have liked to see brought into regular Defense missions but I doubt we'll ever see it tried again.

Agreed...