Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on the clan reward and affinity system.

Matrillex

2 minutes ago, hughesis said:

Now I am not going to dismiss your opinion, however my opinion on the issue that you presented is that from what I have seen/experienced is that there are smaller clans that are still growing fine regardless of "exclusives". Like with the example of the Ignis Wraith, yes it is exclusive in the sense that clans and individuals that participated in the event have gotten the blueprint as a reward but it is not exclusive to the point that no one would be able to get the weapon. There are plenty of clans that have no problem supplying the blueprint to those that want it. Now with weapons and items that are absolutely exclusive to clans those are few and far between when compared to the amount and variety of weapons you can still get and tend to make a reappearance later on through another event or holiday

But my fear is it will get more severe in the future. For now they can grow but if there are countless things like this it will be harder for them to do so.

Edited by Matrillex

Do you cry when you cant get that shiny Armor what was in the last event in MMO XY, just because you havent been there to get it?
Hell how does the Ignis Wraith break anything?

Maybe i dont get your Point but it seems to me like you're kinda baby raging

Just now, NiceGuyKun said:

Do you cry when you cant get that shiny Armor what was in the last event in MMO XY, just because you havent been there to get it?
Hell how does the Ignis Wraith break anything?

Maybe i dont get your Point but it seems to me like you're kinda baby raging

Seems like no one is getting it. Oh well I tried. Unpopular opinion I guess. Point was to point out something I figured would break the game.

6 minutes ago, Matrillex said:

Seems like no one is getting it. Oh well I tried. Unpopular opinion I guess. Point was to point out something I figured would break the game.

Clan systems and player mindsets were always like that. “Go to the clan with everything, you can leave the poor one behind, it's an online game.” They're not breaking the game by doing it. It's the playerbases fault, which will never be fixed.

Edited by Ozent

Just now, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

ur damn right we dont get it 

because doing events for items, is what u do, and without incentive...

also there is mastery that u cant get atm....

Would you STOP responding. Your lazy typing is annoying to read and your hostility is unwelcome.

Clans have a maximum capacity for members.  Even if all players were 100% committed to only joining clans that had said research, the simple reality is they could not all do so, simply because of maximum member counts.

Plus, the worry that player psychology will ruin new clans makes an assumption that all, or nearly all, players share that psychology.   Which isn't the case.  For a counterbalance, consider that some players will only want to join a clan where they can actively contribute to the clan's needs, such as research.  These players won't join old clans because they can't contribute meaningfully since all research is done, the dojo is built - there's nothing for them to do.

Were all players to share said mindset, older clans would die off, unable to recruit new members.  This is not true, for the same reason as your concern over the Ignis Wraith is - not all players share that mindset. 

To be honest,there are a lot of things DE could do to avoid this issue. First of all,I believe they should add a certain amount of time before you can leave a clan. This would (Hopefully) cut down on the number of people who join a clan to get research and then immediately leave once they get it or if your clan doesn't have it yet. It would also help a bit if you could block off certain rooms based on clan rank,that way you could make your OWN waiting period. Also,as someone mentioned above,they could make the Ignis Wraith (and any future Clan-Exclusive Items) available as difficult to obtain rewards in the Kingpin System.

Just now, DSkycroft said:

To be honest,there are a lot of things DE could do to avoid this issue. First of all,I believe they should add a certain amount of time before you can leave a clan. This would (Hopefully) cut down on the number of people who join a clan to get research and then immediately leave once they get it or if your clan doesn't have it yet. It would also help a bit if you could block off certain rooms based on clan rank,that way you could make your OWN waiting period. Also,as someone mentioned above,they could make the Ignis Wraith (and any future Clan-Exclusive Items) available as difficult to obtain rewards in the Kingpin System.

I wish more comments were like your coming up for solutions as oppose to going on about how much they disagree with me. I was only trying to address a problem.

16 minutes ago, Matrillex said:

I wish more comments were like your coming up for solutions as oppose to going on about how much they disagree with me. I was only trying to address a problem.

Disagreeing with you is our good right. And saying so too.

I for my point see no problem in giving out exclusive weapons for good clans or what ever in events. They are Event Rewards. Thats how it goes. In the End this is only a game.

17 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

Your Solution is kinda creating a new Problem. If you could block off rooms or couldnt leave a clan, this could be abused to bully people or penalize people. Which would lead to people leaving the game etc.

Edited by NiceGuyKun
Spelling

I for my point see no problem in giving out exclusive weapons for good clans or what ever in events. They are Eventrewards. Thats how it goes. In the End this is only a game.

Your Solution is kinda creating a new Problem. If you could block off rooms or couldnt leave a clan, this could be abused to bully people or penalize people. Which would lead to people leaving the game etc.

Disagreeing stops being your "right" when you can't keep bias hostility from spilling in.

19 minutes ago, NiceGuyKun said:

I for my point see no problem in giving out exclusive weapons for good clans or what ever in events. They are Event Rewards. Thats how it goes. In the End this is only a game.

If a three to five day time limit were created,then it wouldn't be that easy to abuse. I am not saying that players should decide the time limit,I am simply saying that there should be one to attempt to discourage people from taking research and then immediately leaving. The point of my post was just to suggest possible solutions to a problem that DE should have attempted to fix a long time ago. If you have better ideas to deal with this problem,or others,you are welcome to post them here,or even make your own thread about them.

1 hour ago, Matrillex said:

Would you STOP responding. Your lazy typing is annoying to read and your hostility is unwelcome.

lol, chill brawh 

all im saying is, assuming they dont add clan only resurch ever again, witch is fine, but if they add no meaningful rewards then no one will do the event

look at what was happening to the relay events with the formorian and razzerback, people only did it till they got the prizes and almost got the relay killed for not doing it. people want progression, and events that don't add anything meaningful will be ignored by the player base 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

lol, chill brawh 

all im saying is, assuming they dont add clan only resurch ever again, witch is fine, but if they add no meaningful rewards then no one will do the event

look at what was happening to the relay events with the formorian and razzerback, people only did it till they got the prizes and almost got the relay killed for not doing it. people want progression, and events that don't add anything meaningful will be ignored by the player base 

Lol, chill brawh. 

All I’m saying is, assuming they dont add clan only research ever again, which is fine, but if they add no meaningful rewards then no one will do the event.

Look at what was happening to the relay events with the fomorian and razorback, people only did it till they got the prizes and almost got the relay killed for not doing it. People want progression, and events that don't add anything meaningful will be ignored by the player base. 

Here you go :smile:

Edited by Matrillex

I know that these clan's worked for these things but the fact that other clan's that didn't get the opportunity is the main problem. By giving trophies or even worse exclusive weapons to clans that other clans will never be able to get it makes it so no one want's to join the clan's that don't have it

I can tell you, that the most valuable players are the players that do not care about that particular research or any research at all, if something is missing, they either research it or in the case of ignis, they buy the bp and have the gameplay to justify such purchase and effort.

When i have an open slot in my clan, all players that ask for link of the clan or ask about a particular research are automaticlly denied the entry, regardless of what they want, this is because i invite players into a clan, not into a place so they can get their daily dose of baby soup, you want someting, you work for it, you talk and you intereact, players that expect things done and ask if something is done, are players that have no place in my clan.

Obviously you decide how things work for your clan, but i have no clue, why would you even gather players that are interested in ignis wraith, they may sound like great players, after 1 week reality becomes apparent.

In other words, ignis wraith and hema are good things, a question about those and you know what kind of player you're dealing with.

While I'm generally fine with even weapons being time exclusives and then showing up at Baro or in invasions months (or years) down the line, and I'm OK with trophies for events being a one time thing.... I'm not keen on having dojo research being locked behind an event - mostly because it's a chunk of dojo mastery that's not possible to get and that may matter down the road.

To be honest, I would be OK with seeing a recurring annual event allow clans to permanently add the Ignis Wraith research to their dojo.  IMO, every clan should have the ability to earn the Ignis Wraith if they put forth the effort.  And like all events, this recurring event should have a unique trophy for that year.  That's probably the best compromise that we could hope for.

2 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

While I'm generally fine with even weapons being time exclusives and then showing up at Baro or in invasions months (or years) down the line, and I'm OK with trophies for events being a one time thing.... I'm not keen on having dojo research being locked behind an event - mostly because it's a chunk of dojo mastery that's not possible to get and that may matter down the road.

To be honest, I would be OK with seeing a recurring annual event allow clans to permanently add the Ignis Wraith research to their dojo.  IMO, every clan should have the ability to earn the Ignis Wraith if they put forth the effort.  And like all events, this recurring event should have a unique trophy for that year.  That's probably the best compromise that we could hope for.

I'd be completely fine with that! I'd love it in fact. I only wish for a solution to the potential problem I brought up.

59 minutes ago, Matrillex said:

Lol, chill brawh. 

All I’m saying is, assuming they dont add clan only research ever again, which is fine, but if they add no meaningful rewards then no one will do the event.

Look at what was happening to the relay events with the fomorian and razorback, people only did it till they got the prizes and almost got the relay killed for not doing it. People want progression, and events that don't add anything meaningful will be ignored by the player base. 

Here you go :smile:

So you are now grammar nazing? Very adult like of you

1 hour ago, Matrillex said:

Disagreeing stops being your "right" when you can't keep bias hostility from spilling in.

I was not hostile in any way. But sure if you say so then I'll shut my mouth.

So you are now grammar nazing? Very adult like of you

I was not hostile in any way. But sure if you say so then I'll shut my mouth.

I was not referencing you in particular, part of it was towards the one I stated that top part to. I was just simply replying to "Disagreeing with you is our good right. And saying so too".

11 minutes ago, Matrillex said:

I was not referencing you in particular, part of it was towards the one I stated that top part to. I was just simply replying to "Disagreeing with you is our good right. And saying so too".

To be constructive and i only want to help, but how you set your Post up and how you choose the Title kinda didnt help in the regard that you'll get the "hostile" comments.

To state what we know:
- We know how the Event went and we know how the people got the Ignis BP.
- We know that they (DE) plan on overhauling the Clan structure to a point that it will change a lot.

What we dont know:
-Will the Ignis Wraith come back in this System?
-WIll the Defect return someday?

Just to be nice: Next time dont pick a title like this and structure your Post a bit more so people know that you want to find a solution.
Not that you want to brag or what ever because thats what it looked like.
I dont want to be rude but thats how i feel about this.

Edited by NiceGuyKun
Addition

3 minutes ago, NiceGuyKun said:

To be constructive and i only want to help, but how you set your Post up and how you choose the Title kinda didnt help in the regard that you'll get the "hostile" comments.

To state what we know:
- We know how the Event went and we know how the people got the Ignis BP.
- We know that they plan on overhauling the Clan structure to a point that it will change a lot.

What we dont know:
-Will the Ignis Wraith come back in this System?
-WIll the Defect return someday?

Just to be nice: Next time dont pick a title like this and structure your Post a bit more so people know that you want to find a solution.
Not that you want to brag or what ever because thats what it looked like.
I dont want to be rude but thats how i feel about this.

Yeah I tried a title like that which didn't do so well in getting people so I thought I'd go for a more interesting title. If that's what is causing all that hostility then I'm changing it now. 

Edited by Matrillex

1 minute ago, Matrillex said:

Yeah I tried a title like that which didn't do so well in getting people so I thought I'd go for a more interesting title. If that's what is causing all that hostility then I'm changing it now.

I dont exactly know if the title was the reason, but i think its one of the reasons

Another issue that is slowing down the growth of smaller clans (and a problem that DE probably won't be able to address),is that when a small clan attempts to recruit in chat,a larger clan will post a recruiting message immediately after. I am not entirely sure how this could be addressed,and a lot of people will probably not see it as a problem,but it is still an issue that affects smaller clans.

4 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

Another issue that is slowing down the growth of smaller clans (and a problem that DE probably won't be able to address),is that when a small clan attempts to recruit in chat,a larger clan will post a recruiting message immediately after. I am not entirely sure how this could be addressed,and a lot of people will probably not see it as a problem,but it is still an issue that affects smaller clans.

Yeah I had that happen quite a bit though I don't think it has any real solution.