Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How I got off the Hype Train and am still excited for Plains of Eidolon.

Tesseract_The_Pariah

First off, I'd like to link this video.  MCGamerCZ's video on the matter.

Thing is, getting hyped and unreasonably excited for a new update is ultimately self-destructive and a bad influence on your enjoyment.  You have to have reasonable explanations.  I'm expecting Plains of Eidolon to be a somewhat barebones open world game-mode with a myriad of bugs and issues..  But I'm excited for what this new Landscapes mechanic can do for Warframe in future updates.  I'm excited for the engine optimizations.  I'm excited for the streamlining of the focus system, I'm excited for the Eidolons themselves, because they mean DE is stepping into new territory.  And that means that even though their first iteration might be flawed, later on they'll refine it.

I'm excited for all these new mechanics, despite their inevitable flaws and bugs.  I'm not only excited for the immediate update, but for what new doors they open for the next update.  I'm excited to see this update fixed.  I'm excited for the long-term future of Warframe.
But I'm not "hyped."  I'm going to go in with high hopes and low expectations - while bearing in mind that this iteration of the update will change.  That's how I'm never disappointed by Warframe. That's how I'm not cynical, pessimistic or salty. 
Pre-emptive salt can be just as bad as hype. 

You can still enjoy a game, and accept its flaws, while not constantly whining about them.

Edited by Gaminus

Fallout 4 was a good game, but suffered off the bat because of the gigantic hype surrounding it. We shouldn't have huge expectations, and take everything with the fact that open worlds are hard to make in mind,

Do I think PoE will be good? Yes. DE has made a F2P game model that took off, something other companies just weren't able to do or didn't dare to back in 2013. "If there's any one company that can pull of this crazy s*** off, I wholeheartedly believe it is DE." -MCGamerCZ, but again, we have to keep in mind DE's size and the size of PoE and not get pissed when it isn't literally skyrim.

1 minute ago, YouHaveShamedYoFamory said:

i Pretty much just accept the fact this update will probably be buggy and I'm keeping my expectations low so i wont be surprised by any BS DE may pull.

See, thinking like that..  I dunno.  I can't entirely get behind it.  We shouldn't have an adversarial relationship with DE.  They have reasons for everything they do, for good or ill. 

20 minutes ago, Gaminus said:

Thing is, getting hyped and unreasonably excited for a new update is ultimately self-destructive and a bad influence on your enjoyment.  You have to have reasonable explanations.

what they have shown in the live streams seems like a pretty reasonable explanation to get excited to me

5 minutes ago, Gaminus said:

See, thinking like that..  I dunno.  I can't entirely get behind it.  We shouldn't have an adversarial relationship with DE.  They have reasons for everything they do, for good or ill. 

How dare you say that? Game companies and studios are evil! They are destroying the gaming industry and we, the players are the one will save the world!!!!!11!

1 minute ago, NightBlitz said:

I'm not hyped for the update itself, but rather for the potential it brings to the table. It opens up a ton of possibilities for the devs to consider in the future. It is just the beginning, but where it will take us, not even the devs know yet.

This. The potential that the landscape system brings to Warframe is incredible. Can't wait to see an infested landscape on Eris or a desert on Mars.

unless this is your first mmo/ online game .. big updates being buggy is nothing new at all.. thats the least of my worries tbh i trust DE enough and although TWW took a few decades to drop it was bug less for me ... i never was hype for poe because i was fresh off a warframe burn moment so it was kinda like meh and by the time everything was announce i was slowly playing wf again and i was kinda happy for new stuff to do but wasnt overly hype.. in general my only worry for poe is how much its going to change the game and if its going to be fun but thats about it.. and tww though us that getting hype ahead of time isnt a good thing 

I've been through update 16 and on with this game. I feel like the Plains will be playable, but due to family events going on this weekend, I'll binge play the content before I have to leave. I've been incredibly hyped for this update, but for me, hype doesn't ruin the update, at least for me that is. 

My biggest suggestion, lay low until it comes out. I have a good feeling this week will be the week (Wednesday-Friday knowing how they released things like this previously), but go on and play another game for a few days. Nothing to get you readdicted, but enough to take the edge. 

This update seems to have the hype be matched by solid content, and hopefully for us vets, an endgame that we have been desiring for soooooooooo long!

Edited by ILLARIAH
Quick edit lel

42 minutes ago, Gaminus said:

That's thinking that comes from actual experience with DE. Some people are extremely skeptical of DE because of the decisions they've made in the past. Having reasons for doing things doesn't make those reasons right, or justified. And if they've had "ill" reasons for doing things, then that creates an adversarial relationship. And if a player and DE don't see eye to eye on a particular issue, then that naturally creates an adversarial relationship on both parts. It's just something you're going to have. I don't agree with always assuming DE is pulling some BS move, but I understand the sentiment.

For me, I'm not on the hype train because I've played open world games before, and I know PoE is going to be lacking compared to other open worlds (and that's not because of the size of the world). It just won't feel alive and active like good open worlds do. There won't be a lot of AI interaction in the Plains between multiple factions of AI (e.g. Grineer, Ostrons, and Syndicates). I'm just looking forward to the landscape itself, weapon-naming, and the new Grineer swords.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n