Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Havoc - The War Engine [w/ Concept Art]

(PSN)VoidVox_

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Part of my continued work on Havoc involves revamping his lore and writing up a way of aquiring him. This led to an idea for a new open world location and mechanics as well as new factions. Anyone following this thread, would you rather such work be posted as a new thread or just added to this one? I know large megaposts like The Legion Of Tau are popular but I can also see it getting a bit out of hand. Thoughts?

2 hours ago, (PS4)warhero229 said:

I know large megaposts like The Legion Of Tau are popular

It seems to be kind of a double edged sword (speaking from experience).

You can have Legion of Tau, or... this:

I had a guy tell me: "If your concept is longer than 2 sentences it's not worth reading". My jaw dropped from several storeys.

15 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

It seems to be kind of a double edged sword (speaking from experience).

You can have Legion of Tau, or... this:

I had a guy tell me: "If your concept is longer than 2 sentences it's not worth reading". My jaw dropped from several storeys.

Yeah I know that readers get intimidated by walls of text. I try to hook the audience with a brief concise description of the theme then expand on it further in the post.

It will probably be a separate post and I'll just put links to it here and links to havoc there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump. Haven't forgotten about this post. I will be updating when I get a chance.

For a while I was afraid Hildryn was going to fill the niche I had planned for Havoc but after playing her, I'd say she serves a different role and Havoc would still be a worthwhile addition to the roster.

You know what I think would cool for him?
A passive which brings up cover for him whenever he is crouching.
It could be called "Hunker Down" or something.

I dont know, just a thought.

Either way, this looks pretty cool, and you have a +1 from me good sir/madam.

• 1 month later...

Bump. Gotta say, it sucked seeing DE rip a fan-concept from the forums here and not even mention where it came from. And the original post for Oni the Gluttonous seems to have disappeared strangely enough.

Look, I'm not saying we do this for the attention. But it does sting when ideas we worked on for so long are taken without any sort of recognition of the work that went into it.

Who knows, maybe Oni's creator got some private message or some Platinum or something from DE behind the scenes, but certainly nothing was acknowledged during the initial announcement on the devstream.

I want to see Havoc or something similar make it into the game, but give us a little nod so we know that our work is appreciated and acknowledged.

Doubt anyone at DE will see this but felt like I needed to say something on this.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, (PS4)warhero229 said:

Bump. Gotta say, it sucked seeing DE rip a fan-concept from the forums here and not even mention where it came from. And the original post for Oni the Gluttonous seems to have disappeared strangely enough.

Look, I'm not saying we do this for the attention. But it does sting when ideas we worked on for so long are taken without any sort of recognition of the work that went into it.

Who knows, maybe Oni's creator got some private message or some Platinum or something from DE behind the scenes, but certainly nothing was acknowledged during the initial announcement on the devstream.

I want to see Havoc or something similar make it into the game, but give us a little nod so we know that our work is appreciated and acknowledged.

Doubt anyone at DE will see this but felt like I needed to say something on this.

Thanks man, and no I didn't receive any notice or acknowledgement on the topic. In fact, the reddit downvoted me for even mentioning it the the new frame could have came from my concept. As for the original post not being available, it was archived due to lack of activity. 

Edited by (XB1)AxRollxOfxTape

1 hour ago, (XB1)AxRollxOfxTape said:

Thanks man, and no I didn't receive any notice or acknowledgement on the topic. In fact, the reddit downvoted me for even mentioning it the the new frame could have came from my concept. As for the original post not being available, it was archived due to lack of activity. 

The way they used the exact same "void stomach" term and the same mouth on the abdomen, it 100% came from yours. So I mean, on the one hand, congratulations on getting your frame in the game, but on the other hand, I'm sure it sucks to not get any kind of shout-out for it. It'd be nice if we could get enough attention on this to force DE to acknowledge your work in some way, but idk.

You should still have access to the post even though it's archived to everyone else right? Get some screenshots to prove your case.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, (PS4)warhero229 said:

Reminder that Chroma was similarly "stolen" from a fan idea by @Endrian.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, (PS4)warhero229 said:

The way they used the exact same "void stomach" term and the same mouth on the abdomen, it 100% came from yours. So I mean, on the one hand, congratulations on getting your frame in the game, but on the other hand, I'm sure it sucks to not get any kind of shout-out for it. It'd be nice if we could get enough attention on this to force DE to acknowledge your work in some way, but idk.

You should still have access to the post even though it's archived to everyone else right? Get some screenshots to prove your case.

No need, this is the link to the original post. And honestly it does suck to not get recognition for my concept, but it's even worse that there's people claiming on reddit that it's not my concept just because they changed the way he looks.

This is the reddit post that I was referring to.

Thank you for noticing though, I appreciate that I'm not the only one who felt a little disappointed that there was no mention of the original post.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-05-29 at 5:53 AM, HugintheCrow said:

Reminder that Chroma was similarly "stolen" from a fan idea by @Endrian.

Chroma was not really stolen, people asked for a Dragon warframe so that's what they came up with. Don't think that just because they're both dragons.

It would sting to have your concept stolen but as AxRollxOfxTape said in the reddit post, we aren't too sure if it came from his concept or not. In other words it is implication, it could very well be coincidence as much as it is taken.

Also you gus make it sound like DE hasn't acknowledged people's work for contribution to the game. If people are known to contribute to the game then they are as far as it seems, rewarded when it gets in-game.

On 2019-06-09 at 8:00 AM, Hunter126 said:

It would sting to have your concept stolen but as AxRollxOfxTape said in the reddit post, we aren't too sure if it came from his concept or not. In other words it is implication, it could very well be coincidence as much as it is taken.

Also you gus make it sound like DE hasn't acknowledged people's work for contribution to the game. If people are known to contribute to the game then they are as far as it seems, rewarded when it gets in-game.

Well the only reason I said that it seems like they used my concept is because I have no proof that they did. I'm pretty confident that it was based on my idea and once they discuss abilities I'll know for sure. 

And no, the only people who get acknowledged and receive credit are the tennogen creators and those with fan art in the game. Zephyr was created through a fan concept contest, yet not very man people are even aware of that anymore.

On 2019-06-11 at 4:57 AM, (XB1)AxRollxOfxTape said:

Well the only reason I said that it seems like they used my concept is because I have no proof that they did. I'm pretty confident that it was based on my idea and once they discuss abilities I'll know for sure. 

And no, the only people who get acknowledged and receive credit are the tennogen creators and those with fan art in the game. Zephyr was created through a fan concept contest, yet not very man people are even aware of that anymore.

Zephyr is quite old so 'anymore' it would make sense people wouldn't know at this point. and Zephyr did receive credit, it just doesn't go beyond those in the forums. the creators of these concepts still got rewarded. But i'm sorry if you will only be satisfied by a public announcement if it was yours, we know Zephyr's creator seemed to be fine with just the reward.

Edit: also some people did make a fair point, considering we have myths and such which is likely what you're basing on right? and also a very popular character like Kirby holding an eating ability (and also Upchuck if people ever knew Ben 10), we couldn't just pinpoint that it is likely your concept. It can still depend just how expected are your abilities to this kind of concept.

Edited by Hunter126