Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Temporary Workaround Found] Unable to login in-game

I_am_your_Sandvich

Message added by [DE]Danielle

Hey Tenno! 

We're aware of login issues and are working to get them resolved ASAP. Thank you for your patience

Mass login issues have been resolved! We are aware, however, that some of you are still experiencing some issues. We are still working out a solution, and will update this thread once we have nailed down a fix! Thank you for your patience. 

Just now, Mystry said:

Then you probably already have SMB protocols on, in which case you should disable them immediately.

True, better safe than sorry, u don't wanna wake up with a weirdness of a ransomware or idk what else can be out there.

Thanks for your reply. Sorry that I should have made this clear, enabling workstation service is just a test attempt that helps us to narrow down the root cause of the problem. Please feel free to disable it if you have security concerns after we fix the issue. I will pass this information along to the rest of the team to look at. Unfortunately, we don’t have any further information about this at the moment, but we will be sure to follow up with you if we have any more questions.

My answer from support.

I'm very leery about enabling it at all but will try it just to see

Thanks for your reply. Sorry that I should have made this clear, enabling workstation service is just a test attempt that helps us to narrow down the root cause of the problem. Please feel free to disable it if you have security concerns after we fix the issue. I will pass this information along to the rest of the team to look at. Unfortunately, we don’t have any further information about this at the moment, but we will be sure to follow up with you if we have any more questions.

My answer from support.

I'm very leery about enabling it at all but will try it just to see

2 minutes ago, Mystry said:

I'm willing to believe it was a simple mistake (though a very serious one), but I have no clue how this got past them without notice. SMB Protocols being nothing but huge vulnerabilities is part of networking security 101.

in that case i find it very weird that my dad (who did network security for a couple major companies) uses SMB filesharing for his multisystem setup..... anyways. maybe you should calm the hell down. also. ive done nothing with SMB sharing myself. and im on windows 10. and im fairly well protected. so im fine. im not saying "this is obviously false" but no matter how you look at it you guys are just overeacting. if there is actualy an issue it should be noticed by DE eventualy. and fixed.

4 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Well, the Warframe Twitter says the issue has been fixed now.

It's lying, or not referring to this specific problem.

As of 6:44 PM (Eastern Time), October 13th, this is still a glaring issue.

EDIT:
This will most likely require a client patch in order to fix, not just fiddling with some values on DE's end.

Edited by Mystry

i just had the biggest laugh and i will tell you guys why.

I was like hey i got this crappy laptop right what if i try and install and update warframe there

i wont be able to play warframe at all but lets just look if i can log in just to pass some time

LORD AND BEHOLD i am allowed to play on a freaking toaster but not on my pc that can actually run the freaking game

3 minutes ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

in that case i find it very weird that my dad (who did network security for a couple major companies) uses SMB filesharing for his multisystem setup.....

He's probably aware of the risks, the absolute need to keep the protocols updated, and all of the extra security measures you need to keep up on while using SMB. The average user most likely won't even be aware or take the required measures to balance the risk.