Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Temporary Workaround Found] Unable to login in-game

I_am_your_Sandvich

Message added by [DE]Danielle

Hey Tenno! 

We're aware of login issues and are working to get them resolved ASAP. Thank you for your patience

Mass login issues have been resolved! We are aware, however, that some of you are still experiencing some issues. We are still working out a solution, and will update this thread once we have nailed down a fix! Thank you for your patience. 

16 minutes ago, ArmoredKitty said:

Interesting. I'm one of the "original" group and can confirm I've had SMB disabled on Win7.

as you damn well should. I'm very surprised by this. I'm in such disbelief I've remade the bug report just incase they moved it by accident... 

59 minutes ago, AshRaptor said:

I can verify this. I started Warframe today, couldn't log in, just like yesterday after PoE.

I started the Workstation service, restarted Warframe, and could log in, no problem.

This is even though I firewall ports 135-139, 445, and normally don't allow them in or out at all (except when I'm going to copy files to another computer on the LAN, and then I'll allow that IP range). My firewall didn't log anything about those ports, which makes the requirement even stranger. (I mean, not saying I couldn't have missed some ports, but...)

@AshRaptor why those specific ports? Do they use SMB for some specific tasks?

1 minute ago, I_am_your_Sandvich said:

at this point, I would not be surprised till monday afternoon.  Unless they decide to work over the weekend

this just really makes me pissed you know, i have been dying to play this freaking game for more than 24 hours and i have been waiting more then 16 hours for a fix get 1 fix that doesnt fix anything at this point and time i am wondering is it worth it(its not like i played almost 100 hours in the last 2 weeks but hey its nothing right)

So I wasn't able to log in since the PoE update. Been keeping up with this thread. Saw the Workstation "fix". SMB has already been disabled on my Windows 7 PC. So I went ahead and turned on the Workstation service. Out of the 3 dependencies it needed, I only had Network Store Interface Service. Workstation still ran fine. So I logged in (finally), then once the game loaded, I turned the Workstation service off. Been playing for the past two hours and it's been working just like it was before PoE. So thanks for that.

Just now, ItsAMystery said:

So I wasn't able to log in since the PoE update. Been keeping up with this thread. Saw the Workstation "fix". SMB has already been disabled on my Windows 7 PC. So I went ahead and turned on the Workstation service. Out of the 3 dependencies it needed, I only had Network Store Interface Service. Workstation still ran fine. So I logged in (finally), then once the game loaded, I turned the Workstation service off. Been playing for the past two hours and it's been working just like it was before PoE. So thanks for that.

So you are telling me that I can turn it off immidiatly after Iogin?

14 minutes ago, grigorije said:

FGL? You mean the guys who monetize mobile games or something else?

something else xD Future Gadget Lab (the name was inspired by an anime, but is just a group of friends and associates who have common interests. Most of whom are professionals or enthusiasts in IT fields) 

Edit: i should add, none of them play warframe but me. But I introduced them to the situation and mentioned what kind of update was going on and so they seem to agree that what I quoted is a likely cause.

Edited by Alaestor

Just to be exact, the Workstation service has to be running before starting the launcher. I tried turning it on at the login screen and login failed. Also tried turning it off after hitting Play on the launcher. That failed too.

So in summary. Turn Workstation service on, start launcher, log in, turn Workstation service off. Enjoy the game.