Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

[Temporary Workaround Found] Unable to login in-game

I_am_your_Sandvich

Message added by [DE]Danielle

Hey Tenno! 

We're aware of login issues and are working to get them resolved ASAP. Thank you for your patience

Mass login issues have been resolved! We are aware, however, that some of you are still experiencing some issues. We are still working out a solution, and will update this thread once we have nailed down a fix! Thank you for your patience. 

Just now, Saintcee1 said:

and if you want to see what dependencies it needs...double click on 'workstation' this brings up the properties tab...----.goto the dependencies tab and see what it needs...mine is 'browser/network store interface/smb 2.0 relocator'

find those in the list and start them..

THEY
ARE
NOT
IN
THE
LIST

None of them are.

1 minute ago, Saintcee1 said:

hmmm been a long time since i used it... are you sure you need those dependencies ?

Workstation service does not start without them, and they aren't present in the list (except for Network Store Interface Service, which is there and already started)

SMB is a giant &#! attack surface. A major threat vector. You've got to be kidding me. Theoretically, on the absolute latest version, always up to date, with older versions disabled, MAYBE. But it's like running flash player. Just a @(*()$ stupid idea. What the actual hell DE

I'm amazed that DE would be so clueless as to suddenly require SMB protocols just to log in. I'm COMPLETELY floored. It's like coming home and finding out your roommate decided to replace your hardwood floor with sharp spikes.

F*** it. I, for one, am not willing to open my computer to a MASSIVE, HUMONGOUS vulnerability just to get this game to work, even though I was hyped as F*** for the PoE update. This is completely unacceptable, and I hold DE responsible for coming up with a hotfix or patch that removes this SMB requirement S#&$. Your users should not need to be vulnerable to a cryptolock virus to play your game.

I'm going to make a post about this in general, since I know no one actually reads bug reports.

that problem been happening on my brother pc but not my pc .. he tried to login on my pc and he managed to .. but on his pc its not even logging in using my account that worked earlier on my pc ... i tried everything to fix it on his pc but no use .. uninstalling and reinstalling .. moving the game .. i even tried to empty everything called warframe from his pc still no use ..

3 minutes ago, Felheart said:

It worked before PoE, it's not local, smt is messed up from DE's side.

I confirmed. They now require the Workstation service to be running. I'm in a pretty large tech / programming / security group and we're all laughing our f**ing ***es off over here! This is incredible. I hope whoever made this change and whoever approved it steps on a lego. What the actual hell. This is mind blowing.

Edited by Alaestor
_emphasis_

Just now, Alaestor said:

I confirmed. They now require the Workstation service to be running. I'm in a pretty large tech / programming / security group and we're all laughing our f**ing ***es off over here! This is incredible. I hope whoever made this change and whoever approved it steps on a lego. What the actual hell. This is mind blowing.

We need a new thread/ticket for this. We need to get DE aware of how this is NOT GOOD and they need to fix it. Posting to reddit about the dangers of this should get enough attention towards the issue.

Just now, Saintcee1 said:

i'm guessing its because the build is coming straight from the dev kits ?? which obviously need the services for communication at their offices ?

There is no reason to ever have SMB protocols on. Under any circumstances. They were outdated 20 years ago, and are never used.

Warframe is the only program I know of to use SMB in the last three decades.

1 minute ago, Saintcee1 said:

i'm guessing its because the build is coming straight from the dev kits ?? which obviously need the services for communication at their offices 

Maybe?

A fellow FGL member:

I think I know what happened

They likely disconnected the load balancer and then connected the server to the internet directly

xD

Edited by Alaestor