Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

[Temporary Workaround Found] Unable to login in-game

I_am_your_Sandvich

Message added by [DE]Danielle

Hey Tenno! 

We're aware of login issues and are working to get them resolved ASAP. Thank you for your patience

Mass login issues have been resolved! We are aware, however, that some of you are still experiencing some issues. We are still working out a solution, and will update this thread once we have nailed down a fix! Thank you for your patience. 

2 minutes ago, DrRig said:

i just had the biggest laugh and i will tell you guys why.

I was like hey i got this crappy laptop right what if i try and install and update warframe there

i wont be able to play warframe at all but lets just look if i can log in just to pass some time

LORD AND BEHOLD i am allowed to play on a freaking toaster but not on my pc that can actually run the freaking game

rejoice Tenno!!

8 minutes ago, Alaestor said:

Edited to separate my smack-talk from the issue at hand.

Is only SMB 1.0 a problem? Because my Windows 10 Workstation service runs automatically by default, and it depends on SMB 2.0 protocol. Are all versions problematic or just 1.0?

13 minutes ago, Mystry said:

It's lying, or not referring to this specific problem.

As of 6:44 PM (Eastern Time), October 13th, this is still a glaring issue.

Hmm. Turns out my Windows 10 had the Workstation service enabled by default. Can confirm that you cannot log in while the Workstation service is disabled. Since I've never had any issues with it while it's been running, I'm going to keep it running.

Just for information, the Workstation service on Windows 10 seems to be running using SMB 2.0 protocol. The problematic protocol, from what I've read, seems to be SMB 1.0.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
Consolidating posts

10 minutes ago, DrRig said:

i just had the biggest laugh and i will tell you guys why.

I was like hey i got this crappy laptop right what if i try and install and update warframe there

i wont be able to play warframe at all but lets just look if i can log in just to pass some time

LORD AND BEHOLD i am allowed to play on a freaking toaster but not on my pc that can actually run the freaking game

Exactly the same dilemma as mine. 

8 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Is only SMB 1.0 a problem? Because my Windows 10 Workstation service runs automatically by default, and it depends on SMB 2.0 protocol. Are all versions problematic or just 1.0

If it was 1.0 I would have been far less polite.

In theory, if 1.0 is disabled, and you're running on the latest version, ... Well, let's say it's like flash player. Yes, the latest version is technically secure from all known exploits... But we all know it wont stay that way for long.

Regardless. Using this for a production project is very sloppy. Especially since this is just a game and not meant to be run in a secure enterprise environment.

Edited by Alaestor

27 minutes ago, Renix308 said:

My answer from support.

I'm very leery about enabling it at all but will try it just to see

19 minutes ago, I_am_your_Sandvich said:

any luck?

Yes this worked for me......but as stated we shouldn't have to use SMB

I can verify this. I started Warframe today, couldn't log in, just like yesterday after PoE.

I started the Workstation service, restarted Warframe, and could log in, no problem.

This is even though I firewall ports 135-139, 445, and normally don't allow them in or out at all (except when I'm going to copy files to another computer on the LAN, and then I'll allow that IP range). My firewall didn't log anything about those ports, which makes the requirement even stranger. (I mean, not saying I couldn't have missed some ports, but...)

Just now, Risagi said:

can't even start mine and i have to reinstall, why the heck this is needed

I really doubt it is... i honestly think this is a mistake, but it requires changes to both servers and clients to remove. And that can be tricky.