Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Temporary Workaround Found] Unable to login in-game

I_am_your_Sandvich

Message added by [DE]Danielle

Hey Tenno! 

We're aware of login issues and are working to get them resolved ASAP. Thank you for your patience

Mass login issues have been resolved! We are aware, however, that some of you are still experiencing some issues. We are still working out a solution, and will update this thread once we have nailed down a fix! Thank you for your patience. 

DE_Steve: For LOGIN fails: If you've manually disabled Windows services like LanmanWorkstation try turning them back on one at a time and try again

WIN+ R  SERVICES.MSC   or open task manager services open services lf lanmanworkstation set it to automatic

Fix it for me :)

Edited by sambibo

On 14/10/2017 at 7:10 PM, sambibo said:

DE_Steve: For LOGIN fails: If you've manually disabled Windows services like LanmanWorkstation try turning them back on one at a time and try again

Fix it for me :)

can you please tell me what exactly i have to do to turn them back ?

On 14/10/2017 at 7:23 PM, Thunder_Walker said:

ODDLY WORK ON ME!!
TRY IT!!

Start>>Type "Service Provider">>Start the "Workstation" and turn it "Automatic"

windows could not start the workstation service on local computer Error 1068

can't start it 

For LOGIN fails: If you've manually disabled Windows services like LanmanWorkstation try turning them back on one at a time and try again

@DeSteve

edit: disregard. Glen's response has relieved my built-up frustration. (a little feed back goes a long way guys!)

The lack of communication on this issue was pathetic to say the least. Why the hell are you requiring SMB to log in? From a security standpoint this is insane. But saying this is INTENDED BEHAVIOR? you guys actually f***ing meant to use SMB for a games login screen? WHAT THE HELL? The only other time I've seen SMB used in the gaming industry was for patching a WoW private server... Are you actually telling me DE has the competence of some dude in his moms basement?  The security experts and fellow devs I've spoken with are absolutely floored. I feel like this is a practical joke! Fix this. This is moronic.

Edited by Alaestor

1 minute ago, Alaestor said:

@DeSteve

The lack of communication on this issue was pathetic to say the least. Why the hell are you requiring SMB to log in? From a security standpoint this is insane. But saying this is INTENDED BEHAVIOR? you guys actually f***ing meant to use SMB for a games login screen? WHAT THE HELL? The only other time I've seen SMB used in the gaming industry was for patching a WoW private server... Are you actually telling me DE has the competence of some dude in his moms basement?  The security experts and fellow devs I've spoken with are absolutely floored. I feel like this is a practical joke! Fix this. This is moronic.

it's @[DE]Steve i belive

On 14/10/2017 at 7:30 PM, Alaestor said:

@DeSteve

Hello can you help me solve this problem please i can't start "workstation service" it show me this error 

windows could not start the workstation service on local computer ERROR 1068

can any one help me please ?

Just now, OroDoom said:

Hello can you help me solve this problem please i can't start "workstation service" it show me this error 

No. This isn't a problem you should have to solve. This is DEs fuckup.

I have tracked down at least one problem that was caused by people disabling windows services and it'll be fixed in the next hotfix. 

In the mean time, if you turned of the "Workstation" service (sometimes called "LanmanWorkstation") manually I'd start with re-enabling it and trying to log-in. I haven't the foggiest idea what other problems you might cause by disabling core windows features so it wouldn't surprise me if you can break it with other monkey-business.

Just now, OroDoom said:

I also have this error. 

However, if this entire 34 pages post wasn't clear enough: All IT and computer enthusiatic people have already confirmed that this is a suicide move. 

7 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

I have tracked down at least one problem that was caused by people disabling windows services and it'll be fixed in the next hotfix. 

In the mean time, if you turned of the "Workstation" service (sometimes called "LanmanWorkstation") manually I'd start with re-enabling it and trying to log-in. I haven't the foggiest idea what other problems you might cause by disabling core windows features so it wouldn't surprise me if you can break it with other monkey-business.

Holy crap an actual reply. Thank you @[DE]Glen

Thank you for looking into this. That bug was introduced only with the latest patch and didn't exist previously. Some of my friends (professional programmers and security experts) guessed it was due to the bypassing of a load distribution system and collecting your servers to the net in anticipation of the launch). Also, the service needs only to be running at login.

Disabling or blocking these services is standard practice in non-enterprise environments, or on networks with poor or no security (like the lack of a dedicated firewall). To be honest this is the first time I've ever seen it break something that wasnt enterprise or commercial software.

Edited by Alaestor

3 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

First off, THANK YOU for a response. It is nice to know that you guys at least have acknowledged this thread.

However, I do have to ask, why has Warframe worked before when it it hasn't needed SMB enabled before?  Why now does it need SMB to login, but not needed to play?